The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center Employee Reviews

Great experience
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 5, 2018
Great place to work great experience. They also provided great benefits. This is a great place to work if your comfortable working with people. You can also learn different things about what's going on in the work environment with patients and learn about different kind of diseases.
productive
Follow-Up Collections Associate (Collector) (Former Employee) –  Texas, MDJune 4, 2018
successful & still growing
great company to build your retirement package.
bonus & incentive programs.
paid holidays
vacation.
teacher retirement.
tuition reimburstment .
Morale builder needed
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 31, 2018
Morale builders are needed the morale is low. Management style needs to be critiqued and changed. Ability to advance into new roles would be a plus.
review
Acts as liaison (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 4, 2018
the day to day work life is bearable, but due to the work cuts work loads were doubled. pay schedule is off and there is no room to get overtime and move up
World Class Oncology Hospital
Provost/EVP (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 24, 2018
Great patient care and service. Outstanding work environment coupled with a sincere effort to balance work/life make MD Anderson a leader not only in oncology care but also as a health care employer in the Texas Medical Center.
Pros
Competitive pay; good facilities; excellent shuttle bus.
Cons
Sometimes quite political.
Best job Ever
MRI Technologist (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 20, 2018
I love working for The University of Texas MD Anderson Medical Center. Education surround day-to-day activities. The staff and patients are amazing!
Collaborative
Senior Secretary (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 20, 2018
I enjoyed working at MD Anderson. Although I wasn't there for too long, I felt comfortable there, had great co-workers, and an amazing boss and supervisor. I played a very small role there, yet I still felt as though I was helping to making MD Anderson's mission a reality.
Pros
Events, learning opportunities
Working and adapting to different environments
Intern (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 14, 2018
Working at a hospital is challenging as well as rewarding. I have learned a lot working at different hospitals since each day there was something new to learn especially in the field of ultrasound. Management of patient's exams and other tasks is the most challenging part which was always accomplished successfully. I believe every work place has a unique environment and culture that one adapts easily depending upon the motivation towards the work as well as one's flexibility towards adjusting in a new place.The hardest part always is to fulfill one's responsibility and come up to the job expectations that I always did and will continue to do so wherever I get a chance to prove myself. Although work place itself becomes enjoyable if one is motivated towards his/her job however working as a team member, and fulfilling one's responsibilities honestly is the most enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
excellent learning place
Cons
stressful enviorment
I left and came back and so did many others
Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 4, 2018
The grass is not always greener believe me. I left this institution and came back after realizing that other institutions may be closer to home, but no one can match the benefits and resources you have at your fingertips with an institution of this size.
Positive environment
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 3, 2018
I worked as a temporary employee as a travelling registered nurse, I worked on a surgical oncology unit, the unit staff was positive and the unit manager was positive.
Growing/learning experience
Sr. Research Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 29, 2018
It was an amazing experience. I believe this hospital is doing amazing findings for people who need it. Every department is different and I think good management contributes/influences a company in a great measure.
management
Research Associate (Former Employee) –  1515 holcome, tx 77030March 5, 2018
we have perfect workplace culture in MD Anderson. everybody including office and manager were very nice each other. we can find receive all support we need on time
Very Competitive and stressful
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 2, 2018
Some managers get hired into a management position without the credentials or the experience, cannot lead if you don't know how to lead. This can only make the stress level worse. Not sure that HR recruitment is there to help because of previous instances where my application never got to the hiring manager, even though, once submitted you can review the stages your application is in. And contacted the hiring manager about interviews after seeing my application was in review, only to find out that the manager never received it. Communication is like being in a silo, we are told that everything is relayed to be transparent. The workload is very stressful and the tension is high with just about everyone you talk to. This use to be a great place to want to work, but the opportunity for advancement is getting slimmer and more stressful because of layoffs.Trust is something that I value and its no longer here.
Pros
Competitive Pay, Pto, Health benefits
Cons
High stress level, competitive, opportunities, and untrained managers.
Great company to work for.
Graphic Designer (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 1, 2018
Great company to work for, excellent nice friendly staff. Take pride in what they do. They're service is #1 in the country when it comes to friendly service & excellence in making Cancer history.
Benefits
Cons
No overtime
Great work/life balance.
Sr. Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 13, 2018
Working within hospital administration allows for an individual to have a great work/life balance. Most employees in the office work an 8 a.m. -5 p.m. shift.
Cons
Advancement is rare.
You can see the changes you are working towards
Sr. Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 1, 2018
As a support staff you quickly realize how vital your role is in facilitating the researchers and clinical staff so that may do their job in curing cancer(s). The "red tape" you are able cut through to apply and manage funding opportunities have a direct impact on the success of each investigator's lab. To see an idea go from words on a paper to grant, to protocol to translational bench to clinic is absolutely amazing.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Parking is expensive.
Clinical Cell Therapy Specialist (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 31, 2018
Management needs to improve.
Great learning experience
No growth
No life/job balance
Organization is good, some a lot departments better than others.
My Review
Patient Access Specialist (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 26, 2018
A Day in a Life of patient access specialist , is not hard at all at Md Anderson, just have poor management. I live different skills since I been at Md Anderson, which is awesome. the culture is great and meet people from all over the world. the hardest part of the job , is just basically working your hardest in everything you and don't get any credit or you doing a great job. the most enjoyable part is making cancer history.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
hard to move up in a different postion, Sometimes I feel upper managemnt stops you from getting a position
SR Human Resources Service Center Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 25, 2018
Great learning opportunities, good benefits, amazing staff, and diverse culture.

Various employee opportunities to advance, learn, staff development, open communication with management and good balance of work and personal growth.
I really liked the people and culture
Applications Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 18, 2018
MD Anderson has bad management that really keeps them from reaching there fullest potential . I really enjoyed working there and was there for 10 years but was let go because of bad management over spending.
Pros
There mission
Cons
management