The University of Toledo Employee Reviews

a typical work day
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHJuly 19, 2018
happy environment, full of positivist to achieve any goal
had many fun days too
learned a lot about the work culture , management of time and work with group
cluded with your job applications Posted anonymously on Indeed
Part-time Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHJuly 15, 2018
=our job applications
Posted anonymously on IndeedTake a minute to review The University of Toledo.
About your reviews:
NEVER included with your job applications
Posted anonymously on Indeed
Loved seeing patients and diagnosing various diseases. Loved the medicine aspect, but the resident evaluations are very subjective
Resident Physician (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHJuly 4, 2018
The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing patients, and improving their quality of life. The hardest part was dealing with very subjective evaluations. Not based on merit; rather whether the attending likes you or not.
I teach.
Visiting Assistant Professor of Mathematics (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHJune 12, 2018
It is a typical mid-sized public university in the midwest. Salary and benefits are competitive. Campus is very nice. Faculty are great and easy to get along with.
Not Responding
Veteran Affairs Academic Compliance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHMay 24, 2018
I prefer not to answer at this time, however, it was overall a good experience working with many amazing students and hard-working coworkers. I would say that it was a positive experience.
Great working environment
Learning Enhancement Center Tutor (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHApril 22, 2018
I work as a tutor and do research. Both jobs are mentally challenging yet extremely rewarding. Great co-workers who are very driven and hold a strong work ethic.
Pros
meet new people, interact and share ideas
Cons
mentally exauhsting
laid back
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHFebruary 28, 2018
secretary type work.
filing, answering phones, processing loans, setting up meetings, answer students questions regarding their loans or how to fill out new ones.
Graduate Assistant
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHFebruary 25, 2018
Designed defense mechanism by using OpenStack to create multiple vIDS to detect the distributed denial of service (DDoS) attacks and combined with multiple vFirewall to filter the attack packets so that we can introduce SDN technology to distribute the flow to multiple vIDS to analyze attack packets.
Average
Finance Manager (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHFebruary 16, 2018
University operating under budget constraints, and unwilling to make necessary changes to address budget shortfalls. Most all employees, with the exception of finance managers, work maximum 40 hour work weeks. Senior leadership transitory making continuity and strategic direction challenging. Hardest part of job is working more with less, however, was able to make a difference almost daily because of the number of assignments and lack of manpower.
Pros
Variety of work
Cons
Incessant managment turnover and budget constraints
I was a graduate student
Engineering Senior Design Team Mentor (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHFebruary 12, 2018
Its a good place to work. Good school. The engineering department is doing exceptionally well in securing talented students and faculty. A great place to work overall.
Better than average environment all the way around!
Secretary 1 and Assistant to the Chair (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHJanuary 25, 2018
Fantastic teamwork! Respect and appreciation from physicians, patients, and students were shown on a daily basis. The University of Toledo was one of the best places I've ever been employed.
Pros
Pleasant work environment, decent pay, and better-than-usual benefits.
Cons
There can be bad days anywhere, but I honestly cannot pinpoint a stand-out con.
Productive and research oriented.
Research & Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHDecember 23, 2017
The research culture is competitive and the work environment is full of collaborative people. I worked as a graduate research assistant and teaching assistant for the past two years. I learned punctuality, hard-work ethics, and research skills during my tenure here.
fun place
TEACHING ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHDecember 12, 2017
it is really helping people every single day and it's exciting to be part of it. Management is firmly committed to helping persons served and employees to do their best.
Productive and Intuitive
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHDecember 10, 2017
Opportunities to learn new things. Got the chance to work in corporation with people from different nations and backgrounds. Very supportive department.
It's a great job
SUPPLEMENTAL INSTRUCTION LEADER (Former Employee) –  Learning Enhancement CenterDecember 4, 2017
I love working at UT, it's a great environment in the Learning Enhancement Center, and I would recommend it to anyone looking for employment on campus.
learned a lot and gained a lot of experience
UT10 News Reporter (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHDecember 1, 2017
I worked in UT10 news. it can be very stressful but rewarding in the end. The hardest part is the deadlines so make sure you have a good balance between work life and personal life.
Great work environment
Account Executive - Workforce Stimulus (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHNovember 26, 2017
loved my job it was grant funded fantastic work life balance and the benefits were amazing.

I would work there again if a position came available that was not grant funded.
Research Assistant
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHNovember 5, 2017
Research Interns are expected to produce as many results as possible with a continuous scrutiny that's part of a Ph.D. research. Bound normal lifestyle and calm city.
Work Study
Financial Aid Student Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHOctober 29, 2017
Awesome environment to work in with extremely kind and accepting managers and coworkers! I wish I would have applied to work there when I first came to The University of Toledo!
Nice place
Engineering Instructor (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHOctober 22, 2017
The University environment is nice compared to insustry. Very helpful people as you would expect. My supervisors have been rather awesome and supportive.
Pros
Supportive environment
Cons
None, really