The University of Utah Employee Reviews

Worst employment experience
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 22, 2018
Absolutely terrible place to work at, poor management, lack of respect, low ethics, horrible work culture. People are watching each other and whispering to managers instead of working hard on their own tasks. No support from HR on any issues. Female managers, especially in construction department (director and operating officer) are dictators thirsty for power, they surround themselves with favorites and slaying all others. Salary is low, work load is way high, all the meetings are scheduled during the break time so you don't even have time to eat normally. So many undereducated people with experience that not matching their job descriptions. Avoid this place as much as you can.
Pros
Absolutely none, cahrging for parking, not compensating you any expenses
Cons
See review above
University of utah
Custodial Crew/ Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJuly 15, 2018
the university of Utah was an absolutely fantastic place to work with excellent management and pay, I learned a lot of valuable skills and life lessons working there I loved coming to work every day and experiencing all the challenges and rewards that came with the job I loved interacting with professors students and the general public every day and being able to help them gave me a great sense of accomplishment, I received excellent benefits and paid time off, ive recently relocated to boulder Colorado to be with my father so im looking for another challenging rewarding job.
I'm looking for a CNA job in salt lake city Utah
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Psychology departmentMarch 26, 2018
I usually go to school in the morning and become a research assistant on Thursday afternoon at Psychology department. I was also a tutor in nursing lab at Westminster College on Monday and Wednesday afternoon.
Physically demanding with necessity for innovative aptitude
Research Device Specialist (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTNovember 10, 2017
Each day you need to figure out how to solve a new problem for an experiment, and then implement your solution. whether that involves building whatever device you designed, sizing, ordering and installing parts to complete a project.
Student Postition
Computer Repair Tech (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 11, 2017
I worked here as a student. The convenience and flexibility were amazing, but they don't compensate you well. They give a small raise twice a year, and after 6 months there they will provide you textbooks for your classes free of charge. But again, there is little monetary compensation to be had in a student position, with a limit of 19 hours per week, even during the summer.
Work Place
Postdoctoral Research Fellow (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 3, 2017
University of Utah is a great place to work. Its surrounded by beautiful mountains ideal for adventure sports and hiking. People here at the U are also awesome.
University job, accommodates students
Computer Lab Manager (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMay 8, 2017
Working for the University of Utah as a work study student is great because they are very accommodating to your needs as a student, and it is a really relaxed workplace.
Many perks...
Assistant to the Special Events Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTApril 28, 2017
This is a great job for someone who is single and wants to get the college experience without taking classes. Free football games, free food and management responsibility.
employment at the U
Executive Secretary (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTApril 11, 2017
Productive and fun place to work at. Great benefits and compensation. The most enjoyable part of the job is able to help people with any problems or concerns they might have.
Pros
Good working environment
Great growth and opportunity trends
Assistant Professor (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTOctober 26, 2015
A major research university that is doing over the average to growt and provide excellent research and medical care opportunities.
Research Intern
Professor Marcus Babst's Biochemistry Intern (Former Employee) –  Life and Science buildingMay 15, 2015
In depth internship where research was performed on protein pathways within eukaryotic cells using GFP tagging. An average day included doing DNA replication through PCR and working with endonucleases in order to create unique DNA fragments from the e.Cole genome.
Love the benefits
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTOctober 7, 2014
The job itself is fairly easy. Basically, I patrol campus in a company vehicle, lock and unlock buildings when required, and provide customer service to faculty, staff and students including safety escorts, vehicle assists, and general information. My co-workers are easy to get a long with, but I feel the management is lacking in competence. The departmental heads seem to flip flop on issues and favor certain employees. They also do not take employee suggestions and complaints seriously. I love the benefits the University of Utah provides. The hardest part of the job is putting up with office politics and being forced to rotate shifts every quarter. The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with staff and students and being able to help them in many ways.
Pros
Ablility to leave campus, benefits like healthcare and tution reduction
Cons
mundane everyday tasks, office politics
Excellent place for higher education in science and technology
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake Cty, UTDecember 29, 2013
One of the esteemed places for basic research in chemistry/biology and medicine
Great place to work!
Associate Accountant (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTOctober 21, 2013
Amazing organization to work for! I would work for the U if ever given the opportunity to again. I moved out of the state or I would still be employed.
Benefits
Cons
Pay, but benefits made up for the lower pay