The Vancouver Clinic Employee Reviews

Fun and productive place to work
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, WAFebruary 3, 2019
It is a very good place to work. It is great people, great supervisors. They are very understanding and fair here. The location I work st (sc) is very warm and welcoming. I love it here and couldn’t ask to be blessed with a better team.
Pros
Great pay, great hours, great team
Cons
I very much enjoyed working there until new management
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAJanuary 18, 2019
I enjoyed working for the clinic. It was constantly moving and growing opening up new opportunities and new things to learn. I interacted with managers and other employees daily and very much enjoyed my work until they hired a new manager. The company grew so much I needed help but he wouldn't hire another clerk.
Pros
didnt have to leave work for doctor appointments
Cons
too much work for one person
changing and progressing environment
Patient Account Representative/Clinical coder (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, WAJanuary 3, 2019
I have had to opportunity to promote and move within the company to learn and increase my knowledge in the business aspect of the medical field. I work in a team environment but also able to work alone to accomplish tasks for my position. Clinic is expanding and growing which opens up for more growth within the company. It is very diverse in the culture and acceptable of variety of personalities and people.
Poor management
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WADecember 8, 2018
I worked in various departments as a M.A. Management was condescending and created a hostile work environment by constant false accusations and favoritism. Patients and providers made it workable.
Pros
Cons
hostile environment
Not worth the stress
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WANovember 30, 2018
TVC is great if you don't want any time off or have a personal life outside of work. I was fairly new and I had a personal emergency come up and I needed some time off. However, I wasn't allowed because I didn't have enough PTO saved up. You also only have a few sick days a year. Got sick and no sick time? Either show up with a fever and put a mask on or take an occurrence against yourself. This was especially difficult because working around patients, it was easy to get sick. Patient care was definitely not the first priority when you were supposed to come in sick.

The pay was also quite low compared to other places with no bonuses or raises. The only raise anyone received was cost of living and a pat on the back for trying hard.

I wouldn't recommend working here.
Pros
A paycheck
Cons
No time off, low pay
Welcome to the twighlight zone
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, WANovember 17, 2018
Please join the Vancouver Clinic- where you are viewed as not only an employee, but also a peice of trash. You have a complaint? Don’t worry, you will be told by HR that they “try not to take things to seriously or word for word” even if you are being harassed. You have a preference in hours? To bad. They put you wherever they want you, whenever.. oh you have kids? To bad- don’t have a job then because if they get sick- they will not care, you’re just a warm body no matter how hard you work. The clinic is full of supervisors, but can’t even keep a manager long enough to manage the supervisors, and HR is full of a bunch of monkeys that are over paid and under qualified. Please avoid employment here if you can help it- I wish that I had.
Pros
I get paid
Cons
Everything else.
Needs work
RN (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, WANovember 14, 2018
The Vancouver Clinic has poor upper management and does not value its employees. The are constantly focused on making more money for the clinic while giving no raises to employees.
Medical Laboratory Scientist (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WANovember 8, 2018
The clinic is constantly growing and changing. Administration is very accessible and visible with the company direction. Employees are encouraged to participate in the improvement of the clinic. Advancement opportunities are available.
Pros
Inclusive culture
Cons
Average pay
I loved working with people
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WASeptember 25, 2018
A typical day is helping open the office and start checking in patients, calling to confirm appointment. It can be stressful when you get a rush of patients that want to check in, and you have to be good at multi tasking; because at times you will be doing many things at the same time.
Pros
the staff is very friendly
Cons
They have differnt policies for staff and providers.
the shopping mall of healthcare
Intern (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WASeptember 7, 2018
Locations remodelled to look the same. Competing with Kaiser, I think. Beautiful facilities. As a student I don't know enough about the corporate structure.
Pros
pleasant
Cons
high rate of turnover
I very much like working in the Doctors Office Enviroment
Assisting Patients and Providers (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAAugust 22, 2018
It could be very stressful and face paced depending what department you worked in. But everyone always tired to work together. They where very understand if you needed help or clarification.
Pros
Loved working with the public and in an office Enviroment
Cons
They would pick and chose who had to follow policies to the letter
Poor Management, Semi Decent Workplace
Patient Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, WAAugust 10, 2018
Poorly ran and managed.Semi decent work place. This is a workplace you come to work, keep your head down and take home your paycheck after every 2 weeks.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Poor management
Professional with quality patient care top priority
Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, WAAugust 8, 2018
Excellent company to work for. Providers are top notch and easy to work with/for. Comradare with co workers is excellent. Love working here for Vancouver Clinic
Enjoyed working with all types of patients
Referral Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAAugust 6, 2018
The Vancouver Clinic helped me get into medical .. they started me as a on -call specialty Patient Service Representative and it turned into a full time Referral Coordinator ... I was picked to train for the new computer system so I could teach all the employees .
Pros
Free lunches from the Drug Representatives and getting to know the patients
Cons
Couldn’t get new patients in for months
Numbers driven...
Patient Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAJuly 31, 2018
It is a fast paced, busy job, and it is numbers driven -- and this can put a lot of pressure on employees to focus on stats rather than service. But for the most part it is a job that can be left at work and not taken home.
Ummm, its OK
Manager (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAJuly 30, 2018
Many people get fired all the time. I do not like the culture of fear. If you want to stay working, you need to be near perfect, otherwise the ax will drop or you will be managed out.
Clinic lead, Urgent Care (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAJune 28, 2018
Advancement opportunities from with in. Benefits at the time were reasonable although they have increased. Well based management as well as support staff.
Pros
location
benefits
Not a healthy environment
Sonographer (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, WAJune 3, 2018
The clinic likes to talk about how they are all about the patients but really they're all about the money. Do more with less. Breaks and lunch and overall well being of employees not important.
Pass
Patient Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAMay 11, 2018
Save yourself some stress and just ignore the jobs open at Vancouver Clinic. I worked for them for over a decade and it meant nothing to management (I had 12 different managers over my time in the same department )
Pros
Decent health benefits IF you are full time
Cons
Management is disconnected, rude, don’t have a clue what people do in their jobs and advancement is a joke
Anxiety
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAApril 25, 2018
There is no support from management. This company is very strict on everything. Many people are constantly fearful of their jobs. Causing much un needed anxiety from many employees. A lot of micromanaging here.
benefits
Cons
employees feel replaceable

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Vancouver Clinic. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9

Ratings from women

3.6InHerSight Score

3.0Personal Development

4.5Career Opportunities

3.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight