The Village at Germantown Employee Reviews

good place
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  7930 Walking horse circleMarch 6, 2019
it was okay in the beginning,but so many turnover in management make"s it hard on the workers,things are not being done in a proper way when it comes to management
Great
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Germantown, TNJanuary 16, 2019
Residents are loving and caring and employment is great. Feels like home everyone is opened arms and friendly. Safe environment. Love the atmosphere and proud to have worked there.
Not fun
Server (Former Employee) –  Germantown, TNAugust 30, 2018
Honestly it wasn't enjoyable, they throw you out on the floor after only a week of training and it's like every man for himself. the management seemed like they were always under stress
Pros
average pay
Cons
no breaks, high intensity
Great Palce
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Germantown, TNMarch 9, 2018
It was nice working there. The work wasn't back breaking so you couldn't really complain. It was only hard if someone called in because that meant more patients. Overall it was great. Great learning experience for my first cna job. Older CNA's were messy though. Do your job, don't gossip and you will do just fine.
Pros
The work wasn't hard
Cons
Messy messy CNA's
Fun place and atmosphere
Server and Trainer (Current Employee) –  Germantown, TNMarch 7, 2018
Great residents kitchen and one manager
Very clean for the most part
Most servers didn't want to work
Management is not respected
Very lazy leaving the residents in need or without help
Hardest part occassional quick pace
Most enjoyable the time you can spend with residents, very relaxed
Rarely staff parks off campus with constant suttle service
Pros
Pay, Hours, Location
Cons
Staffing
It's a great atmosphere, a great joy to workwith the seniors,me knowing i gave my all to the seniors was great enough for me.
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Germantown, TNOctober 2, 2017
The employment was ok. It was a job but to know that I were working for senior citizens was great for me. For me to know that I have made effort to make someone happy and satisfied with my work ethics was great for me. I loved working for them and making their day a little more exciting and for filling.
Its a TEMPORARY kinda job
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNSeptember 24, 2017
working as a caregiver I slow and steady. you make get good hours but no kind of benefits are offer and the one they do have is not wroth paying for. I really hate my job the managers are very biased and unprofessional. Most employees are whit the caregiver department is the most black department. there are no black residents at this facility. So glad to be relocating for better job opportunities.
Pros
you get a pay check
Cons
no breaks, no benifits, no pto
Great place to be....
Server (Current Employee) –  Germantown, TNApril 16, 2017
It's a great place to work if you are in school as a server but be aware that you are working with teenagers. The residents are all truly kind. Some of the few things that I may disagree on is how they do their scheduling. It's not organized and even though you may make it clear that you can not work certain days because of obligations you have to take care of your own family, they will still schedule on those days you say you cannot work.
Pros
Free dinner if the cooks are in a good mood, kind residents
Cons
You have to park by the GPAC instead of the village property
Positive work environment with retired residents.
Server (Current Employee) –  Germantown, TNJanuary 10, 2017
A typical day at work involves meeting and greeting residents or guest and making them feel at home. What I've learned is patience, respect, and love for the elderly people each and every given day. The management is okay, but it could improve due to scheduling conflicts. I love my co-workers, some work very hard and there are those that don't show the enthusiasm to work. The hardest part of my job is telling a resident we are out of the product they're in need of or seeing death in a resident family. The most enjoyable part of my job is that I get to have conversations with residents as if they're my grandparents. They encourage me daily to be the best and do the best I can do to move ahead in life.
Pros
Bonus Check on Christmas
Cons
Short breaks, no healthcare for part time workers, hours are short.
great place to work
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 31, 2016
i love working for the Village its not stressfull i like the people my co-works are nice we have team work management is always on point its clean and free of harassment everybody gets along
Pros
employee incentives
Cons
all togerther a great place to work
Seems ok at first but once your settled in..
Office Assistant-Rehab Dept (Former Employee) –  Germantown, TNJune 7, 2016
At first everyone is nice and your doing your job and you get settled in about 3 weeks and then everyone blames you for mistakes that were made long ago.
It was supposed to be 8-4:30/5 it got turned into 7 am to whenever your boss tells you to go home, sometimes 6:30 that evening with only a 30 minute lunch break.
Pros
Pay, Benefits
Cons
Long work hours, poor management, expected to do six different things at one time, pay days are weird.
great job
Concierge (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 3, 2015
I worked front desk that was very busy with residents, vendors, families, etc. I loved helping residents with their needs.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
limited growth potential
There was no support from management.
RN Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Germantown, TNApril 3, 2015
There was little to support from management. It is a very unhealthy working environment! I had to learn how to the requirements of the job on my own.
best place I have ever worked
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Germantown, TNOctober 12, 2014
I have loved every minute of working here. The staff is like family and the residents are fun and enthusiastic.
productive and fast paced
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNSeptember 23, 2014
The most enjoyable part of this job is being able to help someone. I enjoy working with my co-workers but some of them can be a little more organized.
Awful place to work.
CNA (Former Employee) –  Germantown, TNSeptember 2, 2014
There was always a constant turnover of employees here. The patients were very rude and snobbish. And the pay was awful.....u simply can't live off what they pay. And the people in management have no clue at all about managing a dog let alone trying to manage staff. I wouldn't send my worse enemy here to work. There was nothing enjoyable about this job but clocking out and getting the ....outta there.
Pros
Nothing about this place was a pro
Cons
Awful management, Crippling pay and benefits
A company that their priority is patient care and employees satisfaction
LPN and Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Germantown, TNJuly 1, 2014
A typical day include daily patient assessment, medication administration, wound treatments, daily nursing progress notes, assign CNA their assignments, process admission and discharge paperwork, patient and family education, notifying patients with changes in patients conditions and above all maintaining patient safety at all times.
I gained experience in IV medication administration, admission process, discharge teaching . Hardest part of the job is loosing a patient and the most enjoying part of the job is caring for a patient to recovery.
Implementing new ideas for employees such as 401K and insurance for PRN staff
Director of Nursing (Former Employee) –  Germantown, TNAugust 20, 2013
Beautiful environment with patient centered care. As director of nursing started day with stand up meeting with all healthcare department heads to discuss changes to occur in the day or that occurred during night. Review potential admits and discharges and significant changes in conditions. Oversight of 100 employees to include registered nurses, licensed nurses, nurse assistants and monitor care per sitters. Reviewed staffing daily and adjusted as needed with interviewing and evaluating employees. Co-workers all willing to perform at their highest level with hardest part of job when loose resident to death or need to terminate employee. Most enjoyable part of job was appreciation from staff, residents and family members regarding job performed.
Pros
401K
Cons
staff turn over

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Village at Germantown. Our community is ready to answer.

The Village at Germantown Reviews by Location