The Village Network Employee Reviews

Horrible management and low pay
Resource Specialist (Former Employee) –  Salem, OHMay 22, 2018
Worked for this company for awhile and it is the WORST company I have ever work for. Supervisor and assistant is horrible and could careless about anything. They always like to do things last minute and have no problem throwing you under the bus when things go wrong. You are also even lucky if they give you a reason why your going to be suspended, other than that they will NOT tell you anything or give you an answer. They only TRY to do their job right when upper management is in the facility visiting, other than that this location is nothing but lack of professionalism.
Pros
Cons
No break given
Horrible management
Resource Specialist (Former Employee) –  Salem, OHMay 7, 2018
When you get into this work field you have to know what you are getting yourself into. You have to love what your are doing and understand why you are there. I worked with the TVN almost a year. There was so much brushed under the rug, you are not treated with respect. Instead of working together when things go wrong people point fingers instead if trying to find a solution. Favoritism plays a HUGE part in this company. Clients are not talked to appropriately.
Pros
Watching the work you do change lives
Cons
Management is careless
company didn't use due delegence when entering into contract with another agency
Clinical Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMarch 14, 2018
Management too impatient for results as didn't understand population it was working with. They promised that clients would be available but that was not the case. Also, they failed to mention that clinical supervisors must work as a therapist by themselves for some time to establish a caseload before they will hire additional staff.
Pros
great pay and benefits
Great organization
Behavior Specialist (Current Employee) –  Wooster, OHFebruary 27, 2018
TVN is a great company to work in that the organization is committed to helping youth. The hours of a residential worker are stressful Bc it’s a 24hour facility; however, even though it’s face paced and at times very stressful, everyone wants to help the kids.
Pros
Training. Management that cares.
Cons
Hours. Stress.
Growing company with potential
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Wooster, OHFebruary 20, 2018
Great place to learn, grow and experience crisis that will prepare you for almost anything. You have to know what you're signing up for or you will never be happy. The job is what you make of it.
Pros
pay, benefits
Cons
immature staff
Weigh the pros and cons critically before you decide. There are plenty of both.
Clinical Therapist (Former Employee) –  Wooster, OHFebruary 15, 2018
I think the company has unrealistic expectations on what a person can provide. I was told 24 hours (about 4.5 per day) productivity for my position and a shortly after being hired it was raised to 6.5 hours per day. This results in writing therapy notes at home after afternoon supervision and team meetings that keep you 2+ hours past your 8 hour day. There is no work/home&family balance. High stress with constant nagging if you aren't meeting your numbers. The Village pays the best for this area but the $ isn't enough if you break down the hours spent and the stress you experience.
Pros
Free lunch, some cool cool workers, feeling good about helping kids.
Cons
Not enough communication or support.
Wouldn't recommend this job
Resource Specialist (Current Employee) –  Salem, OHFebruary 8, 2018
I worked for this company for over a year. I have received an F1 fracture. This company was was horrible to their employees in my time off. Up on returning back to my employer. I was micro managed. Was suspended from my position. For expressing how I felt about the current situations of my job
Pros
Lot of over time
Cons
Upper management
Great Work Environment
Staff (Former Employee) –  Wooster, OHJanuary 16, 2018
I really loved working here. The people are great, and the benefits are too.

Unfortunately the salary is low, which is typical for a non profit. Office workers can get 20 PTO a year.
Pros
Great work environment and benefits
Cons
Lack of promotion ability, low pay
Productive workplace
Behavior Management Specialist (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 30, 2017
The job provides skills needed in order to understand and provide coping ideas for with kids dealing with trauma everyday of their lives. Co-workers are willing to help and management is available at all times to assist in you along your journey.
Fostercare
Foster Parent (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHOctober 29, 2017
The Village Network is the worse company to foster for. When allegations have been made against you, management will not assist you in any type of way. The black parents are treated less than while the white foster parents get preferred treatment. The Coordinator will lie and keep things from you to place children in your home. There is absolutely no support from staff at all. You are by yourself with these children in your home.Foster Parent beware of this company and go somewhere else.
Pros
helping children
Cons
Management and the lack of help
I got laid off during the economic crunch
CQI Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Wooster, OHOctober 18, 2017
I worked there for over 7 years. The job itself was fine but the upper management was not. Some nepotism involved. Some not qualified for the supervisory positions.
Pros
Helping kids
Cons
Cut throat mentality
Behavioral Management Specialist (Current Employee) –  Wooster, OHSeptember 14, 2017
Working residential is stressful because it is 24/7, but I knew this going in. Other than that, the staff and leadership are super supportive.
Great culture and ethics. Top leadership really tries to improve the work and living environment for staff and youth.
Money is definitely reinvested in programs and kids.
I hope to be here a long and hope to advance.
Pros
Benefits, pay, staff, leadership
Cons
difficult kids, 24/7 residential
All depends on who you work with and who you choose to idolize
Server (Former Employee) –  OhioSeptember 5, 2017
There is an attitude that ethics and morals can be bought. There are some great people there, most go unappreciated and are used to garner praise for the top. Leadership lacks skills, understanding, vision and the ability to relate to those "below" them. Poor, poor culture for an agency that supposedly focuses on the welfare of others. Top heavy compensation structure, top down unaware decision making.
Pros
good benefit structure
Cons
BAD leadership, lack of respect for others, really outdated leadership that has very little ability to respect contributions and work of staff
A place that works hard to make changes in the lives of the youth that society has thrown away.
Youth Care Specialist (Current Employee) –  Wooster, OHJuly 17, 2017
A typical day at TVN is the youth waking up in the morning, waking up, grooming, eating, then doing "details". Afterwards, the kids go to school and after that, lunch. They are given free time and then they attend therapy groups from 2p to 4p. After groups, they attend "family meetings", at which they conduct and discuss house business and/or concerns. Dinner is served between 5-530. they then do more details then meds are given between 7-730. At 8pm, the youths are given time to wind down called "quiet time" where all electronics are turned off for the evening and youths go to their rooms where they can read, play cards, etc., or they take showers or make phone calls. At 845, lights go out.

One of the many things I've learned at The Village is how to pick my battles and decipher when/where to let some things go.

The management at The Village is very thorough, making sure to keep things in compliance with state requirements and therefore promoting the safety of the youths which is their top priority and concern.

The workplace culture is excellent. The coworkers are a close knit group who always have one another covered.
Residential Care
Behavior Management Specialist (Current Employee) –  Wooster, OHJune 21, 2017
The Village Network is a great place to work. The youth have their moments as well as some staff but it is both fun and rewarding. I feel the big reason that people say negative things about it is because they did not realize the environment that they were getting into. Residential care is 24/7. It is challenging at times but when you build the relationships with the youth, and staff and supervisors everyone is in it together and I have really enjoyed it. Sure life happens and there are call offs and people cover that shift by working a double. That is all part of the life at a facility. The guys in the office care about you but you do need to offer some semblance of confidence, competence, punctuality and work ethic. The program supervisors are extremely dedicated and enjoyable. Also the pay is fair for the amount of work. If you care about the well being of youth and want to make a difference then come join us. If we can eliminate the "dead weight staff" we will be in a much better place but it is a process. It will take time I believe that it takes at least six months to really get a good grip on this job and understand the balance. If you want to dive in you can potentially work as many hours as you want.
Pros
Overtime, good people, youth that want to learn
Cons
Some days are more wonderful than others
Good at following directions
Server (Former Employee) –  Wooster, OHMay 31, 2017
I learned how to socialize with people well it was pretty hard because I'm only 16 and it was my first job but I did good. The most enjoyable part was socializing with people
Pros
Good worker can catch on the hold of things
Cons
A little hard to learn
No structure
Youth Care Specialist (Current Employee) –  Wooster, OHMay 12, 2017
Bad work environment, stressful, a lot of made promises that aren't being fulfilled. Feels more of a daycare than a residential. Just there to ensure everyone is accounted for
Social work Intern (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHApril 6, 2017
I really loved my time with the Village. The whole place is so comfortable and my supervisor really cared about what I needed for my internship. The hardest part of the job was the productivity hours.
Behavior Specialist (Current Employee) –  Wooster, OHMarch 24, 2017
TVN is a great place to work. They have reinvented themselves by expanding and changing services including their trainings.

My direct supervisor is incredible and the upper Management seems to really care about the kids and staff.
The CEO is down to earth and really in tune with the staff and kids. I truly believe he has the staff and youth best interests close to his heart. He continues to work with the staff to improve the organization.

My co worker for the most part are great and a joy to be around. This has been a great learning experience and I hope to be here a long time. The hours in residential are challenging as it is a 24/7 365 day program.
Pros
Management, Staff, Youth
Cons
Residential hours
What a turnaround!!!
YCS (Current Employee) –  Wooster, OHMarch 21, 2017
The training and education that we gave received over the last two years has been incredible. I have been a YCS for 5 years and it is refreshing to see all all of the punitive staff leave. We have a bunch of workers who believe in the new treatment approaches with some really tough kids. I love what i do and and feel good about the team i work with.
Pros
Free lunch, training, always something different
Cons
Some negative co workers, schedules ...not a fan of working 2nd shift all the time