The Visiting Nurse Association Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Good work/life balance
Patient Account Representative II (Former Employee) –  New Castle, DEDecember 15, 2017
I enjoyed taking on added responsibilities and that was welcomed. When it came time to have my first child, I was given an opportunity to pilot a telecommuting position. The company was very flexible and saw this was a mutually beneficial for both them and me, as an employee.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
This was a great place to work
Medical Records Technician (Former Employee) –  Palm Desert, CAOctober 14, 2017
I had a great time working with the managers and coworkers.
Any task that needed to be done I was all for getting in and helping.
I loved keeping busy and learning new tasks.
I left to help out family for a while.If only one could go back.
Pros
Benefits, pay and timne off.
Cons
New management changes
Wonderful patient care
Administrative Assistant - COO (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 31, 2017
This company's main focus is patient care. It was a pleasure to work with such a dedicated staff. I learned many valuable lessons as a part of this team.
Pros
Benefit package
Cons
Inadequate training on some things.
Need work
Team Leader of the Managed Care Department (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 25, 2017
This was an ok place to work. They could be nice to staff more and more helpful. There could be more room to grow within the company as well
Pros
locations was great.
Cons
People were not very nice.
Productive and caring environment
Assistant to the Volunteer Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Morristown, NJOctober 19, 2015
A productive and caring environment focused on filling client needs. Co-workers are very personable and caring as well. A very pleasant work environment.
home health
Home Health Nurse (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHSeptember 5, 2015
I worked there for many years as a case manager. Love the patients and very rewarding. Sense of accomplishment. miss it.
great place to work
RN Hospice and Palliative Care Department (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHSeptember 19, 2014
Although my days were long and busy at the end of the day I felt good about the services that we were able to bring to the community.I enjoyed the one on one contact with patients and their families in their homes which allowed the option of teaching them how to manage their health care concerns that was specific to their lifestyle,religion etc.
Pros
self scheduling
Very supportive work environment, great boss.
Medical Records Specialist (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 28, 2013
I pick up all of my scanning for the day. I sort it and get to scanning. I then index my forms and key in all the pertinent information to go into their electronic medical record file. I key in Hospice Medicaid paperwork into the Medicaid system. If I have medical record requests I print those out, bill for records, type my letter and invoice and mail out. I learned scanning while here, I was a medical typist for 7 years and I learned to do ICD-9 coding, was exposed to medical terminology. My first year here I did payroll for three of our programs. We have a great team that gets along very well and works well together.
Pros
the work environment and the support from my boss.
Cons
being let go.
Fast paced and intense place to work
Intake Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHNovember 1, 2012
you always learn new things about your clients...
hardest part of the job is that you didn't do enough to help a client and the most enjoyable part of the job is that after all of your advise and help to the patient and or family, it all pays off by them getting even better than you would ever have dreamed.
Pros
pretty flexible re: lunch, breaks
Cons
not enough communication throughout