The Vitamin Shoppe Employee Reviews for Health Enthusiast

Excellent
Health Enthusiast (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVSeptember 9, 2019
I enjoyed working at The Vitamin Shoppe very much. I learned a tremendous amount and had excellent management and support staffing. The customers were fun to talk with and we learned from each other
Great job learned so much
Health Enthusiast (Former Employee) –  North Myrtle Beach, SCAugust 20, 2019
Great job. Good manager and Asst Manager, learned so much about the industry. Great flexible schedule, usually have one of the weekend days off, will miss this job.
Fun work place
Health Enthusiast (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXJune 30, 2019
I love working at Vitamin Shoppe. Fun environment. Excellent management. Learn as you go. Family orientated. Good hours. Pay raises often. Slow placed.
Productive day at work
Health Enthusiast (Former Employee) –  Newnan, GAJune 25, 2019
A productive day at the Vitamin Shoppe would be greeting customers with a Hello ! Next helping assist customers and making sure they are well taken care of.
Fun place to work
Health Enthusiast (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXJune 18, 2019
I’d give vitamin shoppe a 10/10. The Employees are All diverse and Friendly. Managers have no problem seeing Eye to Eye with the Employees. All around Perfect place to work if your going to school. Flexible schedule and my Manager was one of the best I’ve ever seen.
Pros
Challenging in a good way, great staff, free samples
Cons
Can’t find a single thing to complain about from this job
Great healthy environment
Health Enthusiast (Current Employee) –  Panama City, FLJune 8, 2019
I enjoy working at the Vitamin Shoppe . The management is a wealth of knowledge to both customers and employees. I love helping people and finding solutions. The environment is upbeat, healthy and friendly. The new hire training is excellent.
Pros
Healthy environment, great training, great manager and peers.
Cons
the hourly pay rate
Very fun place
Health Enthusiast (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GAMay 18, 2019
Amazing place to work. Management was extremely knowledgeable!! If pay was a little better I would be there a long time!!! I could honestly say that Vitamin Shoppe is hands down better than any nutrition store out there.
Pros
Amazing Atmosphere. Fun place to work!!!
Cons
Don’t pay enough
Not ideal job for anyone who seriously needs work
Health Enthusiast (Current Employee) –  Temecula, CAMay 7, 2019
There is no collaboration or team like environment. The health enthusiast does basically all of the work while your MOD (manager on duty) micro-manages you and constantly criticizes you. There is no fairness with hours, and bias and discrimination is shamelessly on display. I have been given less hours while my male counterpart has been practically given full time hours even though we both work part time.

I don’t recommend this job to anyone who needs real money - maybe a high school kid who just needs a little money in their pocket. If you must work here, I highly recommend you get a second job.
Pros
20% Discount
Cons
Short breaks, mean management, poor compensation
Awful management plays favorites
Health Enthusiast (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, ORApril 29, 2019
Sure, work here if you want to be treated like you don’t matter because you are just their “part timer”. There are key holders, managers, assistant managers, and if you aren’t any of those you are disposable to them.
Pros
Easy work
Cons
No training, management plays favorites, unfair treatment
Great mission that would work if it was actually followed by Corporate and senior exectutives
Health Enthusiast (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAMarch 9, 2019
Co-workers and immediate managers are great. When higher levels and corporate get involved they remove autonomy and stifle health enthusiasts. Their hiring practices are arduous for the entry level employee. Senior management sweeps in and only makes criticisms then leaves. I never met a mid-level manager who I thought was worth their pay,
Pros
store managers tend to be committed
Cons
always rolling out new programs for company bottom line, never to reward the "boots on the ground" who drive sales. Pay is ridiculous
Not to fun
Health Enthusiast (Former Employee) –  Trussville, ALMarch 2, 2019
Very boring, slow paced, and rude employees. I learned alot of information. Management was poor. The assistant manager was rude, and not a people person
Pros
Hours
Cons
Lack of management
Great Co-workers / Horrible Superiors, DM and above
Health Enthusiast (Former Employee) –  Homestead, FLFebruary 22, 2019
Underpaid, everyone has the same responsibilities. The price matching policy use to be great and they ruined it for everyone. Unset schedules, and chaotic work environment. Doesn't matter if it's against policy because once the customer calls "Customer Service" all the policies go out the window. Supply and demand are horrific. No commission, not rewarded from making monthly quotas.
Pros
Great people to work with at store 773
Cons
Abuncence of policies that are constantly changing
Collaborative, fun work place
Health Enthusiast (Former Employee) –  North Bergen, NJFebruary 18, 2019
My time at Vitamin Shoppe was great. You will learn a lot on the job about supplements and how the body functions. In addition to the learning experience, customers love being taught this info. There are computers and software to answer questions you are unaware of. There are always tasks to do, so it rarely gets slow. My job culture was great, and everyone was friendly to each other.
Health Enthusiast (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLFebruary 12, 2019
Get to help people stay healthy and assist them to better themselves by answering questions they might have or explain to them why they may not need a certain product.
eh.
Health Enthusiast (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIJanuary 10, 2019
the company is okay. not the best job but it is a job. only really liked learning about the different supplements and the discounts. other than that I wouldn't recommend this as a first choice of a job. managers suck.
Pros
discounted vitamins
Cons
everything else
Okay
Health Enthusiast (Former Employee) –  Bohemia, NYJanuary 6, 2019
Okay job with okay money. I'm into supplements and fitness etc so I liked working there. But retail is retail. You're on your feet all shift pretty much. Tom the manager is a great guy.
Cool first job for me could not complain
Health Enthusiast (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYJanuary 2, 2019
Very stress free work place. You engage in many conversations with customers who are regulars so everyday is a surprise. My manager at the time was the biggest sweetheart. The company's regional manager as well as he was the one who got me the job through a job fair I met him at while at BMCC
Great coworkers
Health Enthusiast (Former Employee) –  Puyallup, WADecember 16, 2018
I had great coworkers, even though at the time I was working with this company the store manager brought her personal life into our place of work. The Assistant manager and key holder made the environment a good place to work
Pros
discounts
Cons
terrible store manager
Decent Company
Health Enthusiast (Former Employee) –  South Gate, CADecember 4, 2018
For the Vitamin Shoppe, you really need to make sure that the product you're buying is the best one for you. Some associates will push private brand labels, and not really know any side effects they could carry.
Na
Health Enthusiast (Former Employee) –  Menifee, CANovember 19, 2018
Really cool place to work at. They help you learn about the products they sale. There’s advancement in company. Also, hours to work are very good. I do suggest.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Vitamin Shoppe. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

2.8Personal Development

3.3Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

The Vitamin Shoppe Reviews by Location