The Vitamin Shoppe Employee Review

View all The Vitamin Shoppe reviews

..depends how much you are willing to put up with
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Township of Brick, NJJune 1, 2019
Worked here a good stretch of time...This was the worst place I have ever worked. The customers are by FAR the strangest/neediest people you will come across. So be prepared for that. Working in the store, your opinion is not valued and you are seen as a cog in the vitamin pumping machine. All they want you to do is sell, sell, sell. They could not give a rats a** about personal or professional growth, even if you are putting in the hard work. With that being said, I have truly never worked with a group of stranger, awkward, rude and just flat out nasty people. Also, good luck asking for time off, you won’t get it. Worked here part time and had to beg for time off....to that I say “really???” I had to leave because management was so utterly careless and self serving. This goes without saying but they truly don’t care about you as an employee/your needs and only want you to come to work, do your job perfectly and leave. Not worth my time or energy and certainly not worth the wage they offer.
Pros
There are none
Cons
Low pay, rude staff, unorganized, weird expectations.

Other The Vitamin Shoppe Employee Reviews

Great coworkers, insecure leadership
District Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 18, 2019
Great people to work with, but leadership (CEO and Store Operations VP) changed resulting in ZVPs and some DSMs to be insecure in their position. This led to knee jerk reactions to anything /anyone that wasn't 110% on the same page with them. It's a shame.
Pros
Associate Discount
Cons
Expanding districts led to higher travel
Culture and environment is detrimental to success
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Menifee, CAJuly 14, 2019
The typical day is fast-paced with a multitude of tasks to do. We have heavy foot traffic and numerous e-mails to review. Learned a vast amount of supplement knowledge and sales numbers. Management is always changing. There is no continuity or stability. The workplace culture is detrimental to success. Sub par hires are the reason for and management. The numerous task given with a shortage of hours and employees is the hardest part of the job. The most enjoyable part is making a customer smile or showing your appreciation.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Vitamin Shoppe. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

2.8Personal Development

3.3Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight