The Void

The Void Employee Reviews

United States23 reviews
Exciting feild; horrible managment.
It's an exciting and captivating product with the potential to revolutionize the entertainment industry. Unfortunately, the operational team has no idea what they are doing and they have squandered their talented team in order to appease the bottom-line. Although this is appropriate at times from a managerial standpoint, the truth is the company spends dollars in excess (I don't know how, or where) and ends up punishing everyone at the bottom to make up for it.
Avoid The Void!
It's a virtual reality attraction in a mall. It was hastily installed by a relatively new and inexperienced company. It's overpriced & run poorly, with many technical & booking delays that anger the guests. The corporate people who run the place from out of state are disorganized and inept. Their goal is to overbook as many guests as possible and gather that income with as little staff as possible. No consideration is given to the inconvenienced guests, or the overworked staff. Corporate sits back and counts the cash while the dissatisfied guests verbally abuse the staff. Then you'll see meaningless, bubbly corporate e-mails about contests, accolades, policies & pep-talks. Corporate there is an unstable, revolving door of imbeciles. In just two years we went through four different general managers, three district managers and a couple of pontificating ignoramuses acting as Human Resources. I was a team lead when they fired the only decent manager we ever had. Corporate didn't replace him, they simply burdened the team leads with the managerial duties, without raises. Despite the resulting anarchy, we leads tried our best to learn how to run the place without a manager or any corporate support. The only communications from corporate were about the bottom line. They fired me for questioning them too often, standing up for myself & my staff and trying to run the place in a reasonable way. I was happy to leave. They vindictively tried to deny me unemployment benefits but I easily won that dispute because they couldn't back up their lies. Finally, they hired another manager, but - more...
Pros
Cons
Everything about that place
When I worked there it really felt like a close knit team
As I mentioned the managers (Though a good few rotated out as I worked there) really emphasized a sense of community in the team. Not to an obnoxious degree, but really encouraged it through their actions and treatment of the employees. It was highly encouraged and fun to go out to team bonding events such as bowling, gaming tournaments, holiday parties, etc. The familiarity between us made the tough high volume periods tolerable and slow downtime periods entertaining.
Fun product, mindless upper management
If you have business acumen this isn't the place for you. You will be told they value your opinion, you will never be asked by anybody that might matter what that is.
Most GMs/DMs do their best but are constantly handcuffed by the ignorance of upper management. Its more important to buy employees cupcakes than spend money on marketing then wonder why there isn't more traffic?

You would think former clothing execs.would understand KPIs and how important they are, you would be wrong in this case. The Void is headed for disaster unless they learn to spend money like its money they earned not money thats constantly donated by investors. That source is gonna dry up one day.

I could go on but its a waste nobody listens, oh and don't trust your job is ever safe. Read all reviews and you'll see this is a fairly common theme as well.
Best Job Ever
They really put the time and effort to accommodate your schedule and make sure you’re satisfied with pay as well as help you out of pocket transportation to show they care about your needs so that you can work. I highly recommend applying when they open again in March. Amazing staff as well, they make sure that all co workers get incentives for making goals as a hard-working employee.
Would you recommend working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
Amazing product, terrible vision
The Void is in debt. Majority of their stores are losing money. They hire you for your vision, but then only let you use theirs without understanding the markets are different in different areas. There is a TON of internal gossip, and toxicity at a corporate level that makes it impossible to manage. And worst of all, there is a ton of blaming and over reaction to the smallest of issues. Pay is great, but not worth the drama.
A growing company that's headed in the right direction
I love my job. I've been with The VOID for a long time (comparably), and while things started out rough, they've been getting much better. Part of the improvement has been the loss of our original GM, who was terrible. The company is still figuring things out, but as long as you are open to the fact that things WILL change frequently in order to improve and succeed as a business, you will enjoy working here. I'm really proud of what I do, and the experiences we offer. The workplace is really inclusive, and I love our team.
Great workplace with excellent team building and cohesion
The work as a guide at the Void was very fulfilling as you get to interact with a variety of people and you are allowed the opportunity to help them experience something one rarely has a chance to go through.

The management was extremely friendly and accommodating creating a safe and social environment for everyone to work in. Everyone who worked at the void eventually got to know each other and become a tight knit group.

Hardest part of the job would be rushed days when several timeslots are sold out which gives us a lot of guests to push through within the time constraints.

Best part of the job is working with such a friendly and amazing team and getting to see guest reactions as they go through the experience.
Pros
Great Team and Environment
Awesome work place
awesome place to work, super friendly atmosphere in the heart of Disney Springs. The staff was the best crew I've ever had the pleasure to worked with
A Job where you can be yourself
This is a Place where managers encourage you to be as wacky and fun as you would like to be and keep the guest engaged with that lure. Most wonderful job ever.
Pros
Free movies and conssessions
Cons
Short breaks
Good individual location but poor company overall
I worked at the Glendale location for about a year and a half, since opening. When I was hired, everyone was promised the chance for advancement, but it never came. The job itself is pretty easy, but gets frustrating because 90% of the time you're answering questions that should be addressed on the company's website, which has an awful interface. The company also provides little to no technical support, even though one of the VR experiences is barely functional and breaks constantly. Export no support from corporate. Pay is slightly higher than minimum wage. The one major benefit to this job is the amazing that work there; it's a genuinely close-knit team and I would not have stayed so long if it weren't for them.
Pros
great coworkers, flexible schedule
Cons
bad upper management, lack of technical support, lack of opportunity for advancement
Myopic
The most significant difference to previous VRcades I've worked, is the misuse of HR and the detachment from the industry. Home VR is simply better, which is especially true for physically disabled customers. The experiences are more-or-less "one-size-fits-all."
Pros
Decent pay, flexible hours
Cons
Trans-aggressive workplace, intentionally misleading marketing
Great Tech made by a great Team!
This is one of the smartest teams I have ever been associated with. They are fun-loving, hard-working and not afraid of tackling big challenges. This is a great place for any career!
Pros
Great collaborative culture at the company!
Cons
Fast-paced. Great for lots of people, but not for everyone. Make sure you are up to the pace before you join.
Rewarding, fun and mind blowing VR tech.
The management team has turned over, and this new group is moving in all the right directions. Company is growing quickly, so it's not perfect, but you can see great opportunity ahead for advancement. My team / coworkers are "all in" and make the difference in my level of satisfaction.
Pros
Great team, Disney backed attractions.
Cons
Sometimes hectic due to growth curve.
Decent part time work
Corporate doesn't really care too much about their employees. I love the product and hope for the best, but overall the environment is tainted by corporate's toxic taste.
Pros
Fun, great coworkers, amazing product
Cons
Corporate
Management Sucks
Specifically at the Anaheim Location. I have no Idea elsewhere. The management treats their employees like step-children they don't care about. We don't feel safe or heared. It's a nightmare.
great job for starting an IT based career
great entry level for any up coming IT technician with no experience the company is in the middle of growing and has lots of future opportunity to grow. wasn't found of the lack of supplies needed to perform on the floor maintenance.
Start Up
What you might expect. A lot to learn and change with time. Lots of shifting of positions and management. Vision is all over the place. Great co-workers.
Terrible management
Floor staff was great. Supervisors were terrible at communitcation. The management from the location itself up to HQ was terrible. Work here as a part time if you need the money. Otherwise you have better job security anywhere else. 18 employees quit the first 4 months should tell you something
Pros
Uniform. Disney park access and discounts
Cons
Job security. Job advancement. No pay raises
Place is ran by people who don’t know what they’re doing.
I know every workplace has it’s drama but with this job, it was literally some new type of drama every day. The wrong people were put in charge. The favoritism, lack of communication, low morale, and lack of leadership made working here pretty unbearable. The training is absolutely atrocious. There’s no structure at all. Once you were trained on something, it would change in 1-2 weeks and even then, not everyone will be told the same thing and sometimes there were people who were never trained. The GM was never around to answer any questions and when they were, they would point you in the direction of a lead (who also never had the right answers) or just never get back to you when they say they will. If you have a problem (like sexual harassment or a workplace injury) and want to report it to HR, they’ll just fire you instead of trying to take care the problem. If you’re someone with a strong work ethic, you’ll end up doing most of the work and eventually just getting burnt out and fed up with the place like others before me have. Also be prepared for A LOT of downtime. I would say about 20% of the work week is actually busy. The rest of the week I felt like I was wasting my time. If you’re looking for okay money, with no chance of growth, then this is the place for you.
snakes and liars
management are nothing but snakes and liars. Corporate is horrible and the worst. no job security. we were promised that no one would lose their job in the management change, and yet 13 got laid off