The Vomela Companies Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
Enjoyed working here
Purchasing and Inventory Assistant (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaFebruary 16, 2017
The management staff were great to work with. They gave a very friendly environment, I never had any problems with them and would recommend this company.
Excellent people but Company still has potential to grow
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  St. Paul, MNJanuary 10, 2017
Great people all around, from management to co-workers. I wish there was a structured plan of training and long term plan for growth and advancement. All in all it is a GREAT learning experience in a high stakes large format printing company working for awesome Fortune 500 companies with long and short term programs. Even if the role is simply data entry for some positions there is still great take away from every role.
Pros
Great co-workers and uplifting team work setting.
Cons
Little or no performance review structure or long term plan for advancement
Customer Service - Data Entry
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNJune 18, 2016
The position was not exactly what I had thought it would be as mostly it was data input. I was looking for more hands on and to be more personal with actual customers. When I was working there, the main Head Quarters was located down town St. Paul and not adjacent to the actual facility where production of products were being produced which seemed to make it hard to know the status of your project. I now believe they have changed and are now under the same roof. I did get to learn a lot about the industry and going to the 3M school to learn was a great opportunity.
Pros
Worked independantly
Cons
I live in the northern metro area so drive got to be to long for me.
horrible management. No room to advance. High egos.
CNC operator and Warehouse Person (Former Employee) –  Santa Fe SpringsJuly 8, 2015
Although co-workers in same department are great to get along with, the management is horrible. There is only one qualified manager here and the plant manager micromanages him and doesn't let him manage what he should manage. Other managers try to take charge with no professionalism. One is verbally abusive and has everyone else on a leash. This place has tremendous room to expand, however top management officials are a bunch of settlers. One manager has a tremendous background in managing and production lines, but isn't given the opportunities. The hardest part of the job is that there is no appreciation for the hard work employees do. They are too worried about numbers rather than treating employees like family. I've learned how not to manage people and how not to take control of people who work for you. Plant controllers have too high of an ego to take valuable suggestions from employees and believe that everything they say is correct.
Pros
co-workers are nice
Cons
management, egos, pay
Productive and positive work environment
Project Management/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNDecember 10, 2013
While working at Vomela I learned about the design process, and production of retail graphics. Management is positive and encouraging.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Vomela Companies. Our community is ready to answer.

The Vomela Companies Reviews by Location