The Vomela Companies Employee Reviews

Literally hard to believe they have employees
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNSeptember 6, 2018
This is the worst company I have ever worked for. The high management are tyrants, in my opinion, and do not care at all about their employees. The pay is awful. The morale is non existent. The raises are.... depressing really and they make no sense whatsoever. They do not want employees. They want robots that they don’t have to pay.
Pros
Pros? Coworkers.
Cons
Pay, management, benefits, Pto, zero 401k match
Good People Poor Management
Vinyl Cut and Installation (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COAugust 15, 2018
Very poor management at a sister company referred to as C2. Very terrible pay and even worse production manager. Projects are always behind due dates.
Pros
Good Co workers
Cons
Managment and Pay
Very good place to work for.
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Trenton, GAJuly 9, 2018
I have worked with this company for almost 2 years now and they have their ups and their downs. Its not hard work, there is a lot of walking and climbing up and down all day long. Its hot in the building and is awful to work outside. but overall I love my job here. I would recommend people to work here.
Pros
decent pay, overtime
Cons
short breaks, heat
Sad place
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Benton Harbor, MIMay 25, 2018
Treat you bad...,poor raises, management treats employees bad, they steal your vacation time...i would have been cool there, but couldn't deal with the way they treated the employees,
Pros
Company picnic
Cons
Bad managment
work in areas.
Light Industrial Worker (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNMay 16, 2018
Working in different areas of warehouse .Counting parts,labeling ,.packing . Once finish the paperwork for parts that was being packing needed to be completed.
interensting products
worker (Former Employee) –  Benton Harbor, MIApril 18, 2018
I worked there for quite some time with little advancement opportunity and little pay increase. Product and equipment were good, management just a bit stingy to loyal employees.
Pros
A paycheck and holiday pay.
Cons
Company didn't care much about employee input or ideas, only work them as much as possible for as little pay as possible.
good place to keep busy
Customer Service Representative/Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNFebruary 2, 2018
I was hired as a temp for 3 months lasted 4 years.

If you are interested in printed graphics Vomela is a good place to work at. They work with almost all industries.
Pros
busy
Cons
Temp work
Great fast paced job
Laminator Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  High Point, NCFebruary 1, 2018
Great company to work for fast paced fun work place. Had great benefits took care of employees. If you needed time off usually was not a problem. If was slow in one area helped in other areas.
Benefits
Cons
Really no raises
productive,fun to work
Large Format Printer (Former Employee) –  Santa Fe Springs, CADecember 28, 2017
a typical day at work was busy most of the day then when I was not busy I was keeping my workplace clean or helping another department never sent home because we were slow my boss was fun to work with He appreciated my dedication and knowledge of my job
decent company
Sales / Business Development (Current Employee) –  DC, Northern VAApril 27, 2017
well managed and honestly run business with an old school printing approach.
Very Sales oriented and results driven.
Narrowly focused niche market in a very competitive enviornment.
Pros
flexible and straight forward management
Cons
highly demanding expectations for quick results
Enjoyed working here
Purchasing and Inventory Assistant (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaFebruary 16, 2017
The management staff were great to work with. They gave a very friendly environment, I never had any problems with them and would recommend this company.
A great place to work for.
Graphic Artist (Former Employee) –  Santa Fe Springs, CAJanuary 18, 2017
Vomela West in Santa Fe Springs California was one of the nicest places to work at.
The people there were great and the atmosphere was very pleasant.
And I really enjoyed the projects I worked on.
Excellent people but Company still has potential to grow
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  St. Paul, MNJanuary 10, 2017
Great people all around, from management to co-workers. I wish there was a structured plan of training and long term plan for growth and advancement. All in all it is a GREAT learning experience in a high stakes large format printing company working for awesome Fortune 500 companies with long and short term programs. Even if the role is simply data entry for some positions there is still great take away from every role.
Pros
Great co-workers and uplifting team work setting.
Cons
Little or no performance review structure or long term plan for advancement
Vomela purchased my my company
National and International responcibilities! (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNNovember 13, 2016
I work with Vomela for 2.5 year after the purchase. Helped integrate our major customers and markets. Introduced the sales team into these markets.
Pros
agressive and state of the are
Cons
Many separate divisions
Customer Service - Data Entry
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNJune 18, 2016
The position was not exactly what I had thought it would be as mostly it was data input. I was looking for more hands on and to be more personal with actual customers. When I was working there, the main Head Quarters was located down town St. Paul and not adjacent to the actual facility where production of products were being produced which seemed to make it hard to know the status of your project. I now believe they have changed and are now under the same roof. I did get to learn a lot about the industry and going to the 3M school to learn was a great opportunity.
Pros
Worked independantly
Cons
I live in the northern metro area so drive got to be to long for me.
Good work but no Opportunities
Santa Fe Springs, Ca - Finishing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Santa Fe Springs, CAJanuary 13, 2016
A lot of the opportunities go to management family members. Ultimately, this has led me to seek those opportunities elsewhere. After three years of the nickel and dime dance, they begin to hire people from the agency at a pay rate hire than mine-- including raises. After the loyalty and quality of work I have put in, I thought I deserved better.
horrible management. No room to advance. High egos.
CNC operator and Warehouse Person (Former Employee) –  Santa Fe SpringsJuly 8, 2015
Although co-workers in same department are great to get along with, the management is horrible. There is only one qualified manager here and the plant manager micromanages him and doesn't let him manage what he should manage. Other managers try to take charge with no professionalism. One is verbally abusive and has everyone else on a leash. This place has tremendous room to expand, however top management officials are a bunch of settlers. One manager has a tremendous background in managing and production lines, but isn't given the opportunities. The hardest part of the job is that there is no appreciation for the hard work employees do. They are too worried about numbers rather than treating employees like family. I've learned how not to manage people and how not to take control of people who work for you. Plant controllers have too high of an ego to take valuable suggestions from employees and believe that everything they say is correct.
Pros
co-workers are nice
Cons
management, egos, pay
productive work envirnment
Fabrication Lead (Former Employee) –  MinnesotaJuly 2, 2015
A typical day at work would be to get employees and temps. set up and ready for assembly and packing parts to ship. I have learned how to assemble read blue prints and liquid weld parts. The hardest part of my job communicating with non- English speaking employees. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting the products done right and getting them out the door on time.
Overall a good place to work, just no room to grow for advancement
It feels like a family
Admin (Current Employee) –  VirginiaApril 23, 2015
Master Print has a small company feel with the backing of a larger corporate company. The days are long but the tenure of the employees is too and there must be a reason for that.
Great Place To Work
Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul MNAugust 18, 2014
Vomela was a wonderful company to work for. management was great as well as fellow coworkers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Vomela Companies. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about