The Walt Disney Company Employee Reviews

Found 3,591 reviews matching the search See all 4,206 reviews
Fast paced work environment
Star wars show set installer (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CASeptember 21, 2018
Working at Disney was exhilarating and challenging. The challenge was to complete a never before attempted project under extreme conditions, with high expectations.
Pros
Unique project and work experience.
Cons
Short breaks, low pay, hazardous conditions.
Great place to gain experience DCP internship
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 21, 2018
I did my internship here and it was fun and exited to work there, but you do get some crazy hours, because you usually get the hours that the part timers and full timers do not want.
Pros
discounts, great leaders, free entry to the parks
Cons
Payment could be more
good start
Room Attendant/Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 20, 2018
I worked very long hours for very little pay. I attended to guest and ensured that their rooms and corridors were clean and more. Everyday working for Disney was a learning opportunity eg, working as a team to exceed guest expectations, experiencing new places and cultures.
Pros
experiencing new places and cultures
Cons
long hours for very little pay
Could Be Better
Graphic Design Intern (Former Employee) –  Celebration, FLSeptember 20, 2018
Working for Disney may seem like a dream but the reality is much less than perfect.
Downs:
First, watch your back, not everybody that smiles at you is your friend and pretty much everyone at Disney will smile at you.
Two, depending on where and what your role is your hours could be set and regular or 12+ hours with short breaks. People that work at Magic Kingdom easily get worked the hardest with only 8 hours in between long shifts at times. Be prepared.
Third, the pay sucks. Plain and simple - unless you're one of the top players in the company you will be underpaid.
Ups:
A, you get into all the park for free, free backstage events for cast members, merchandise/food discounts, etc. In this department Disney treats it's cast members well.
B, if you want to move up within the company just talk to leaders (co-ordinators, managers, presidents, etc.) and find out what you need to do. Disney greatly prefers to hire and move people from within so you won't have to remain in you initially hired position forever.
C, your coworkers, yes I know a lot of them can be backstabbing but, on the days when it just SUCKS all around the true friends that you made will help you through it - just be cautious.
Pros
discounts, opportunities to be promoted, your coworkers, leaders
Cons
coworkers, leaders, pay, hours
its a dog eat dog world at Disney
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Kapolei, HISeptember 20, 2018
working at Disney made me realize that i needed to try and be someone i was not. in other words you needed to fall in where you fit in and I just did not fit in. I got promoted within 3 months after starting and NO ONE was happy about that. since that time I got nothing but grief.
Pros
free lunches, pay
Cons
unskilled co workers, management
upbeat, positive environment
Cocktail Server (Former Employee) –  Lake Buena Vista, FLSeptember 20, 2018
Not much to say that isn't already known about working at Disney. Park entry perks are great, always a positive environment to work in, but the earning potential is minimal unless in certain roles.
Amazing Legacy, Room for Improvement
Senior Social Media Manager (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CASeptember 20, 2018
There are many great things about working for this giant company, and many segments are doing some truly cutting edge work. Overall, however, there is a tendency to not enable middle managers, even directors, to take charge, which leads to un-strategic thinking across the company. It's great for a few years, but if you want to grow personally or on paper, it's necessary to move around, especially if you're not under a manager who will fight for you.
Pros
Great resume builder, good work/life balance
Cons
Slow moving, risk-averse, not challenging, lower than market salaries
Organizing company
Sales and Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FloridaSeptember 20, 2018
Disney has a strong workplace culture and diversity of working people. I was in a college program, it was fun but hard at the same time, for example, the working hours sometimes is too long to balance out the regular life.
Pros
get chance to see and understand disney culture
Cons
hard working environment
very relaxed call center
Itinerary planner (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 20, 2018
great place to work. easily the most relaxed call center ive ever worked at and i have worked at a few. they pay and comission is the only thing left to be desired but they do give you unlimited access to the parks and limited visits for your immediate family but its really fun and i loved my time there. management was great. overall great culture.
Fantastic Org training and company culture
Talent Acquisition Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 19, 2018
I worked for TWDC over 12 years and was promoted 3x during my tenure with the company. Overall, great experience but not a lot of room for growth in the corporate segment. Also, there is very little diversity in executive/senior leadership positions in corporate segment. Who you know carries more weight than what you know.
Pros
perks, benefits
Cons
limited career growth opportunities, very little diversity in Sr leadership roles
Best experience
Attraction Cast Member (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CASeptember 19, 2018
Cast members are the best, people treat each other fair. I did however get yelled at by guests a lot due to the requirement of height checks and asking them to walk around the park by following the one way path while the fireworks were preforming.
I got really good at ping pong when I worked there...
Senior Manager (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CASeptember 19, 2018
My particular position was new within the company, and no one really knew what to do with the output of my work. I got burnt out pretty quickly given the situation.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Wasn't fulfilling
management
Operations Lead (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CASeptember 19, 2018
Working for the Parking Department, the only time you saw a manager for displintory reason or if you got an award, but solemnly did the management come out and check on staff. Managers did have their favorites and made more time for those they favored.
Great Benefits and a great place to work
Personal Vacation Advisor (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 18, 2018
The cast member would get 2 15 min breaks then a 30 min break for lunch during their 8 hour work day. You are to be on the phones in between those times. If you are ok with that then it is a great place to work the benefits are fantastic!!
Pros
free tickets to the parks as well has full health and dental
Cons
there was mandatory OT of 5-10 hours from Jan-April
The Entertainment Industry is both Dynamic and Challenging
Principal Network Engineer (Current Employee) –  Burbank, CASeptember 18, 2018
A typical day for at work is started by checking calendar for the meetings of the day and planning both where to be and when to be there along with determining what information to gather. Next is checking email for any high priority emails from key individuals and determining what action items are required for those emails. If there are new requests from the BU then I will begin to look at those requests to see what work will be required to complete these requests. Lastly, I will scan through the emails for any unusual notices or requests for information. Through a regimented process I have learn the basics of time management and I have developed some useful organizational skills. The rest of the day is typically spend responding to emailed or verbal requests for information and fulfilling the BU requests. On designated days, There will be time allocated to direct communication to and with key individuals within the BU to better understand their current and upcoming needs and wants, also to provide status on the active projects or to discuss any potential blockers or issues. The most difficult part of this job is trying to balance the challenging needs of the BU with the amount of process that is now required to do the job. Usually when the BU comes to me to let me know that they need something, they usually needed it last week, not next week. Managing expectations in all directions can be a bit of a challenge at times. Learning about new or different technologies and how they are applied to achieve real world goals is interesting.
Pros
There is always something new to learn or be exposed to at Disney.
Cons
There is absolutely no shortage of things that need to be done at Disney.
Great place to Work
Retail Guest Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 17, 2018
If you love Disney, than you will love working for the Mouse. Everyday you get to be a part of the magic and be apart of creating the magic. Great place to work.
I love disney
A Disney Brand Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Braintree, MASeptember 17, 2018
Managing the store with day to day work flow. looking at needs for the store and the cast. hardest part of the job? working around the holidays. Overall great job
Disney
Front Desk and Runner (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 17, 2018
Full time hours are cut back due to fiscal year
pay does not reflect work hours and is not enough to support a decent lifestyle.
They make it hard for you to transfer if need be.
Fun
Private Dining Server (Former Employee) –  Kapolei, HISeptember 17, 2018
Very fun and the company is a good place to work minus the management . The benefits are some of the best and they offer you medical for pretty much nothing
Customer Service Rules All
Lifeguard/Parks Attendant (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 16, 2018
Most advancing place to work and learn about how a successfull business really should be run. If you can learn how to please people, and proper customer service, you can conduct the most successful business in the world.
Pros
Amazing treatment and perks, amazing job experience and learning, Was taught perfect customer service and care.
Cons
As an employee as a part of the college program, I was an intern and my wages weren't supreme. Yet, housing and transportation were supplied. No real cons.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Walt Disney Company. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2
52K
41.3K

Women's ratings

3.7Fairygodboss Score

62%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

94%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss