The Walt Disney Company Employee Reviews

Found 3,390 reviews matching the search See all 3,985 reviews
Great company to work for!
Administrative Assistant, ESPN Films (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 16, 2018
The work culture at the WDC was nothing less than magical, even though it was work. Fast paced, high energy, driven team &environment. Overall a great experience.
Overall good experience
DevOps Engineer (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 16, 2018
I had a great time working over at Disney. Very friendly environment and passionate people. I've learned everything I know today, working with cutting-edge tech.
Nice place to work
Sr. DevOps Engineer (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 16, 2018
Nice place to work, lot of chances to learn more things in that organisation, nice ordination on each and every co workers, no work pressure, nice management.
it was an awesome experience
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  port orleansJuly 16, 2018
somedays were good and some were hard but it was a real help for me,
every morning you come in to work, have a small meeting and continue to clean guest rooms and check if the checks out left because those rooms are needed before 3:00om for new guests.
Pros
left at 3:30pm
Cons
expenise healthcare
Toxic
Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 14, 2018
Company has a very toxic work culture, comparable to fraternity hazing. If you are not obsessed with the brand then you are perceived as an outsider and treated as one.
Great Environment !!!
Senior Desktop Analyst (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CAJuly 14, 2018
I would receive from 5 to 10 desktop tickets per day, learned new practices and apps all the time, management was great , great place to learn and be a team player. The hardest part of the job would be to get your user operational as quick as possible even when the problem was not yours, the best practice was to keep the user updated with whats going on.
Short-term only
Attractions Cast Member (Current Employee) –  Lake Buena Vista, FLJuly 14, 2018
This job is just that - a job. Do not intend to make a career within the Parks. The culture here is very much 'who you know' and rarely do you see deserving people move up. As a part-time, college, or unnecessary (just for fun) job, it's not bad at all so long as you don't take it seriously. The discounts and free admission are the only reasons many of us are still here.
Pros
Discounts, free admission, cruise deals, looks great on a resume
Cons
Poor pay, poor management, mistreatment of employees, no room for growth
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 14, 2018
- the are always doing events and different things to bring everyone together, customer and coworkers are happy and amicable. I didnt like that we didnt have set seats. Every day we alternated if someone was sitting in our seat by the time we got there.
Pros
Cons
- short lunches, low pay
Interesting
Seasonal Cast Member (Former Employee) –  Gilroy, CAJuly 14, 2018
The Disney Store was a great place to work and it's all about its customers having the most magical experience. The only real con I found was that if someone is not cheerful, preppy, and smiling all the time they are not considered a good worker.
Great Company
Cast Member (Former Employee) –  All Star Sports and The Polynesian resortJuly 13, 2018
One of the best companies I've worked for. Opportunities to advance, fully automated employee resource centers, insurance options. There are some downfalls.No liveable wage for hourly workers the computer run point system doesn't account for situations on an individual basis and the operating systems are outdated.
Great Benefits/No work/life balance
Ecommerce Sales & Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 12, 2018
The benefits at Disney are some of the best I've had. Great insurance and discounts. While I was there the amount of overtime required was excessive and would be forced into your schedule when it was convenient for the company. My father had cataract surgery and I was not able to accommodate that into my schedule despite many requests/appeals/attempts for schedule trades, etc. I had to call out unpaid and I lost $400 in income that month. I feel like that should have been approached differently and with a more human touch.
It has it's ups and downs
Guest Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAJuly 11, 2018
It's not a bad company, until you look at your paycheck.
Yes, there are a lot of additional benefits, but those benefits do not pay the bills.
I am fortunate enough to have a higher paying job, but it still does not pay that well with the cost of living is southern California.
Upper members of the company do not seem to care about this.
Great Learning Experience
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 11, 2018
Interned at a wonderful location. I grew and learned a lot in my time there. The company is well organized, supports growth, and is clear on expectations. Would work for the company again.
fun
Freelance, Glendale - Artist (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, CAJuly 11, 2018
I had a great and entertaining experience and was an overall friendly work environment. Employees were overall friendly and hard-working as well as reliable.
Fun. Decent structure. Great environment.
Ride Operations Lead/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAJuly 9, 2018
Overall, a fine place to work. Lacking somewhat in pay rates. I enjoyed the training, and development. The culture was entertaining. Very fun backstage cast appreciation.
Pros
Fun
Cons
No money
Intense work, great product, usual corporate over-sight
Graphics Fabrication Designer - Principal (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CAJuly 9, 2018
The best part of working for Disney Imagineering was 1) actively supporting the effort behind huge projects, and 2) working alongside extremely talented and experienced team members.
Pros
creative environment, on-going educational programs, benefits
Cons
overly managed
Concierge
Club Level Concierge, Yacht & Beach (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FloridaJuly 9, 2018
The work culture and the sense of family is what is motivating me to stay with the company. The fellow cast members will become your family because you will be working with them 5-6 days a week.
Pros
Discounts/Perks, Work Culture, Health benefits for full time, OT opportunities
Cons
Low pay for a lot of hours worked
Don't
Cast Member (Current Employee) –  FloridaJuly 8, 2018
Don't keep their word, would not recommend for anyone that does not want to work for hours upon end for essentialy scraps that the big dogs get huge amounts for.
Once in a lifetime opportunity, but be wise by how you live it
Intern (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 8, 2018
I did the DCP for spring 2018. It was really fun but very rigorous when it came to working. I was a vendor so I got to hop all over MK. If you aren't up for walking 20 miles plus per day in the heat, it's not for you. But the experience was still great. The management and the work atmosphere was very friendly, and upbeat. So many laughs and great connections were made, and the free tickets for my family was definitely a plus. As long as you do the work, the play aspect is worthwhile. I wasn't there for the money. The downside is that the pay barely got you by if you spent it all on junk food and merch. I was good but I know many that were scraping pennies together to get by. Be wise with your money!
Pros
Discounts on merchandise, living, and many more
Cons
Low pay for the amount of work you do
A good job to have while you are a student finishing up school
QSR Cashier (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAJuly 8, 2018
I enjoyed my year and a half at Disneyland, working in QSR and outdoor vending. I loved my area and the people that I got to work with, rarely did I have to work with someone that I disliked. I didn't have any complaints for the managers, working in outdoor vending you wouldn't see them that much until closing time or the random times they'd stop by to check on things. This was a place that I wanted to work at when I was younger but working there while going to school also worked out for me. I'm just glad I had the opportunity to work there even if it wasn't for too long. I enjoyed working night shifts and every now and then I'd work an early shift. The changes in schedule helped take out the routine out of life and my schedule always worked with my school schedule. I got to see some coworkers grow in the company, which proves with self determination and good communication one is able to move up in the company.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
No benefits for part time

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Walt Disney Company. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2
51.9K
41.2K

Ratings from women

3.1InHerSight Score

3.1Personal Development

3.3Career Opportunities

2.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight