The Walt Disney Company Employee Reviews

Found 3,879 reviews matching the search See all 4,535 reviews
Job Experience
Disney College Program (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 17, 2019
This job gave me a lot of real world experience as well as teaching me how the Walt Disney Company operates. I was able to learn about the hiring process and what it is that The Walt Disney Company recruiters look for in applicants.
A good workplace where I met good people.
Housekeeping Disney (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 17, 2019
I would clock in. There was a meeting at the beginning of the day. We would arrive at the workplace and have a small breakfast break and immediately we would start to clean the rooms assigned to us. Then we would take a half an hour break for lunch. I enjoyed because I met many people that was the most enjoyable part of the job. It was stressful when the supervisors arrived unannounced.
Pros
Tips
Cons
low wages
Great place to work!
Disney College Program Intern (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 17, 2019
Disney was such a rewarding experience! To work in a huge company like Disney brought great experiences and friendships! A great place to grow and thrive!
Equity Dancer
Performer - Part Time (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 17, 2019
Performed daily in the shows on property. Was a seasonal employee and in entertainment. Great management throughout the company that has the performers get interest at heart.
Working For Disney
Various Positions (Former Employee) –  Lake Buena Vista, FLJanuary 16, 2019
They work you hard, don't pay you much....but it was by far one of the funnest jobs I've ever had. I learned so much at Disney it truly set me up for success in my professional career.
Exciting Place to Be, Lots of hard work
Disney College Program Intern (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 16, 2019
Working for Disney is one of my happiest accomplishments. It is undoubtedly the happiest place on Earth, however, it is a lot of hard work. The hours are long, but the reward is great.
Pros
discounts
Cons
short breaks, long hours
Fun place to work, not enough pay.
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 16, 2019
Disney World is a fast paced, noisy, and strict place to work. You can get fired pretty easily because the customer is always right and if they say something is wrong you can get in trouble for it. I was working 30 hour weeks making $10 an hour and it was barely paying my bills. Even with all that said, I enjoyed my time working there and would work there again if I got a job offer.
Pros
Free Park entry and discounts
Cons
Your shift will most likely be extended
Stressful, but that was probably just my location
Merchandise Cast Member (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 15, 2019
I worked at the World of Disney, which was under a lot of pressure to meet sales goals. As a result, some of the managers were very unpleasant because they were stressed. Also, I was a college intern, and was thus overworked.
Productive and learning opportunity
Manager (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaJanuary 15, 2019
Great opportunity for individuals who strive on change and speed. Very enjoyable opportunity and worth applying to and learning from the experience and joy of being apart of a great company.
Pros
Great brands to work with
Magical Memories Indeed...
Quick-Service Food and Beverage Cashier (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAJanuary 15, 2019
Working for Disney is an exhilarating experience, and working at Disneyland itself (during the holidays, especially) is very high-energy and can sometimes be taxing. There are definite ups and downs: Cast Members that might make or break your work day, Guest interactions that make you grin or have to excuse yourself and cry, and leaders that throw everything down and help during a rush or "help" but actually make matters worse (or those that don't help at all). It varies on your role and location, but it can be one of the greatest jobs of your life. Sometimes just making a Guest laugh at a Disney pun can make all the difference and turn your day around, and you know that you've probably helped them enjoy the magic a bit more just from that.
You learn so much about yourself and what you're capable of. Even if you don't imagine yourself having a future with the Company, it's something worth trying. Apply to their amazing College Program and try it out for yourself. It's the opportunity of a lifetime!
Pros
Making friends that last, meeting people from all over, discounts, free park admission, Disney's Aspire Program, college credit (for College Program Participants)
Cons
Needs improvement on CM pay, other CMs making the job difficult (again, depends on location/role)
Studio Payroll
Payroll Specialist III (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CAJanuary 15, 2019
Studio Payroll Management is the worst. They only think about themselves. They see employees as trash, replaceable items, not as people who have families and lives outside the company. They do not care about your health or personal issues. They expect you to be a working machine. If you want to have a chance of a promotion or a decent raise, agree with everything they say and do. If you are not willing to do so, they will do anything in their power to have you fired. Stay away from this department! The Disney Company, itself, is a good company to work for. But again, it depends on the department you work under.
Benefits
Group Flight Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 14, 2019
➢ Audit Resort Vacation homes on property to ensure guests receive a flawless experience during their stay
➢ Assure that any and all maintenance concerns are reported and completed by technician
Finance Manager, Finance Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CAJanuary 14, 2019
Superb experience, varied growth opportunities, rich culture and heritage, strong values, adaptability to new technology and process improvement, freedom to explore and experiment!!
Fast paced travel job.
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAJanuary 14, 2019
A typical day at the travel center includes daily updates on travel sales. Main job is to build Disney travel packages for all budgets. This is a non face to face job. Typically, you are timed and monitored for quality assurance. The workplace culture is hot to cold, depending on how sales are doing. My favorite things were the perks of going to the Disney parks, and getting that warm feeling when you made a families day by selecting the perfect package. The hard part was listing to yourself on a recording. All in all, this is a fast paced environment and it requires a lot of time. Disney offers their employees lots of fun things to do, but, there is never time to participate due to work schedules. Oh, one last thing, you have to pass training in order to even work on the floor. If you cannot pass, you will be told to leave.
Pros
Discounts and stock options
Cons
short breaks, expensive health care, grueling work schedule
Provides classes and learning opportunities
Quality Assurance Operator (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CAJanuary 14, 2019
I learned how to work as a team. I was learning project management. The hardest part of the job was sometimes getting needed equipment
an engineering help.
Overall good experience!
Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 13, 2019
While at ABC Studios my experience was great. Day to day activities were always different, but my usual responsibilities included office orders, event planning, errands, desk coverage, reception, high amounts of online and verbal communication and knowledge about the entertainment industry, production, and finance. Loved the people I worked with, the benefits, and the consistent schedule.
Great professional Internship Opportunities
Credit Analyst Intern (Current Employee) –  Burbank, CAJanuary 12, 2019
I had very good experiences as an intern in Disney. It's fascinating to know how a large business like Disney operates and maintains its competitive strength. Great mentorship and working environment!
Terrible company to work for once you pull back the curtain!
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Lake Buena Vista, FLJanuary 12, 2019
Terrible company to work for. They only pretend to care about their cast members. Management is brainwashed to the company "line." Hardest part of job is going; most enjoyable was going home. Workplace culture "the company is always right" even if they are patently wrong! I was penalized for being late for work due to a traffic standstill caused by a motor vehicle accident involving two deaths! I guess I was supposed to leave my car on the highway and start walking! Some managers don't care about such things as sexual harassment! A number of us had to actually go to HR beause the manager wouldn't do anything about sexual harassment! They are cheap Housekeeping and kitchen workers are the most 'abused' cast members. They work the CPs and ICPs to death, then take most of their pay for "rent" in complexes that Disney owns! They get these kids coming and going! It's a disgrace! You don't want to work here.
Pros
park admissions, discounts
Cons
everything else! Admissions and discounts are not worth it.
Fun work place
Food and Beverage Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 12, 2019
Excellent place enjoyed the work, but advancement past hourly nearly impossible. Hourly employees can not make a living. Great experiences and people met.
Decent place to work for students
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAJanuary 11, 2019
This really is only a great job for students and retired people. Not much room for growth and not many benefits for the extremely quick paced and stressful work done.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Walt Disney Company. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2
52.2K
41.4K

Women's ratings

3.7Fairygodboss Score

62%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

94%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss