The Walt Disney Company Employee Reviews

Found 3,397 reviews matching the search See all 3,994 reviews
Loved working at Disney
Imagineer, R&D Business Strategy MBA Intern (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CAJuly 18, 2018
learned a lot and had a very special time working in the parks as well as on the Imagineering campus in Glendale. Fantastic, brilliant Imagineers are the heart of Disney!
My opinion of Working for Disney
Area Coordinator-Magic Kingdom (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 18, 2018
As a Area Coordinator, I was constantly moving around throughout my location. I enjoyed being one of the first people guests saw as they entered the park. Being in the stroller/wheelchair rental area, I was able to help make guests day in the park more accessible and more enjoyable.
Don't get me wrong, it can be tiring and frustrating work. You need to be able to lift the strollers and wheelchairs. You see the gross side of many guests, from the mess they leave behind in the rentals they bring back. You also see that not everyone is as happy or nice as you hoped.
But who can resist working in such a magical place where you get to work with people who love Disney just as much as you do.
Fun workplace
Bar Lead (Former Employee) –  ESPN ZoneJuly 18, 2018
Depends on how much you want to give, the job can be amazing or slow. It can either be a short term/part time job or you can turn it into a career. Choice is yours
Great company
Contractor, Senior Staff Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CAJuly 18, 2018
Great company to work for, collaborative, good management, comfortable work-setting. There are many innovative and inspirational staff and incredibly creative.
Fast paced, not intern friendly
INTERN (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 17, 2018
If you do the college program just be ready for extra magic hours and an extra wacky sleep schedule. Make sure you pack your lunch and push through, you can totally do it.
Pros
Discounts, free admission into disney
Cons
hours are so long you don't actually want to go to Disney
Okay work place
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  United StatesJuly 17, 2018
Working at Disney was an okay experience. At the time I had like an hour and 30 mins commute to get to work and the money that you get wasn’t enough for all the bills and gas
Pros
Free passes to all the parks
Cons
Poor money I
Best of the Best
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAJuly 16, 2018
Company only wants the best for its brand and is willing to seek the best in any means that it can. Great place to work with friendly co-workers and steadfast rules to guide you.
Great company to work for!
Administrative Assistant, ESPN Films (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 16, 2018
The work culture at the WDC was nothing less than magical, even though it was work. Fast paced, high energy, driven team &environment. Overall a great experience.
Overall good experience
DevOps Engineer (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 16, 2018
I had a great time working over at Disney. Very friendly environment and passionate people. I've learned everything I know today, working with cutting-edge tech.
Nice place to work
Sr. DevOps Engineer (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 16, 2018
Nice place to work, lot of chances to learn more things in that organisation, nice ordination on each and every co workers, no work pressure, nice management.
it was an awesome experience
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  port orleansJuly 16, 2018
somedays were good and some were hard but it was a real help for me,
every morning you come in to work, have a small meeting and continue to clean guest rooms and check if the checks out left because those rooms are needed before 3:00om for new guests.
Pros
left at 3:30pm
Cons
expenise healthcare
Toxic
Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 14, 2018
Company has a very toxic work culture, comparable to fraternity hazing. If you are not obsessed with the brand then you are perceived as an outsider and treated as one.
Great Environment !!!
Senior Desktop Analyst (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CAJuly 14, 2018
I would receive from 5 to 10 desktop tickets per day, learned new practices and apps all the time, management was great , great place to learn and be a team player. The hardest part of the job would be to get your user operational as quick as possible even when the problem was not yours, the best practice was to keep the user updated with whats going on.
Short-term only
Attractions Cast Member (Current Employee) –  Lake Buena Vista, FLJuly 14, 2018
This job is just that - a job. Do not intend to make a career within the Parks. The culture here is very much 'who you know' and rarely do you see deserving people move up. As a part-time, college, or unnecessary (just for fun) job, it's not bad at all so long as you don't take it seriously. The discounts and free admission are the only reasons many of us are still here.
Pros
Discounts, free admission, cruise deals, looks great on a resume
Cons
Poor pay, poor management, mistreatment of employees, no room for growth
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 14, 2018
- the are always doing events and different things to bring everyone together, customer and coworkers are happy and amicable. I didnt like that we didnt have set seats. Every day we alternated if someone was sitting in our seat by the time we got there.
Pros
Cons
- short lunches, low pay
Interesting
Seasonal Cast Member (Former Employee) –  Gilroy, CAJuly 14, 2018
The Disney Store was a great place to work and it's all about its customers having the most magical experience. The only real con I found was that if someone is not cheerful, preppy, and smiling all the time they are not considered a good worker.
Great Company
Cast Member (Former Employee) –  All Star Sports and The Polynesian resortJuly 13, 2018
One of the best companies I've worked for. Opportunities to advance, fully automated employee resource centers, insurance options. There are some downfalls.No liveable wage for hourly workers the computer run point system doesn't account for situations on an individual basis and the operating systems are outdated.
Great Benefits/No work/life balance
Ecommerce Sales & Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 12, 2018
The benefits at Disney are some of the best I've had. Great insurance and discounts. While I was there the amount of overtime required was excessive and would be forced into your schedule when it was convenient for the company. My father had cataract surgery and I was not able to accommodate that into my schedule despite many requests/appeals/attempts for schedule trades, etc. I had to call out unpaid and I lost $400 in income that month. I feel like that should have been approached differently and with a more human touch.
It has it's ups and downs
Guest Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAJuly 11, 2018
It's not a bad company, until you look at your paycheck.
Yes, there are a lot of additional benefits, but those benefits do not pay the bills.
I am fortunate enough to have a higher paying job, but it still does not pay that well with the cost of living is southern California.
Upper members of the company do not seem to care about this.
Great Learning Experience
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 11, 2018
Interned at a wonderful location. I grew and learned a lot in my time there. The company is well organized, supports growth, and is clear on expectations. Would work for the company again.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Walt Disney Company. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2
51.9K
41.2K

Women's ratings

3.7Fairygodboss Score

60%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

70%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss