The Walt Disney Company Employee Reviews

Found 3,818 reviews matching the search See all 4,455 reviews
I respect Disney
Sales Hostess, Lake Buena City, FL (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 25, 2019
Disney is a Man that cared about Families and bringing them together. I respect Disney and LOVE working for that reason for Disney. I enjoy seeing the joy in families when they come and visit the Parks.
Pros
Name Brand itself-Cast Members go out of their way for Visitors
Cons
Lack of concern from the higher management team
Primarily responsible for assisting members of the Disney Vacation Club.
Disney Reservations Center (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 25, 2019
I enjoy assisting our members with planning their vacations. I also enjoy interacting with our members at the Disney Vacation Club Member Lounge located at EPCOT.
Pros
Benefits, Team Atmosphere
Intern Experience
Disney College Program Intern (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 24, 2019
This was an internship. Very difficult work but great culture to keep you going. Great experience, considering it was a temporary internship.
Pay was poor, especially for the work but again, as an intern, it was expected.
your life experience
Chef de Cuisine (Former Employee) –  Disney FantasyMarch 24, 2019
One time in life you need to try Disney Cruise Line. What you will learn there , stays forever and will help you out trough the years . Amazing benefits, like flights, hotels and all paid by the company, full acomodations and free meals plus your uniq chance to see the world onboard one of theyr ships .
Pros
your best name for cv
Fun place to work
Cast Member (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 23, 2019
I was a College Program cast member and they over work and under pay. If you're just the average cast member they don't give you too many hours and it seems like a cool job. The problem is the college kids were only paid $10 an hour while all their coworkers are paid much more. We also usually worked between 40-50 hours a week while most other cast members only worked 10-20.
Pros
Paid breaks, caring leaders
Cons
Overworked
Senior Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 22, 2019
Overall a great place to work. Worked with some of the most professional people I have ever worked with. It was a little difficult to manage under California Labor laws. It was like working with unions in the Midwest
Pros
Great Pay, Great opportunities
Cons
They go by California labor laws no matter where you are located
Making magic isn’t all that magical
Itinerary Planning Agent (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 21, 2019
It wasn’t a terrible job, perks are great, but it just did not cut it in terms of providing a healthy work life balance or income to cover living expenses.
Fast pace, exciting work environment
GUEST SHOW OPERATIONS CORE LEADER (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAMarch 20, 2019
Set up and break down after each parade
Create game plan for the day with each lead
Check in with cast members t see if they were conferrable with their role.
Pros
Treated well, great discounts
Cons
Far drive, union
A place you can advance in
Coordinator, Corporate Real Estate - West (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CAMarch 19, 2019
At the Walt Disney Company, if you do your job and handle tasks without being asked, you can become a star! As in every job. Someone who can work and deal with whatever's thrown at them will always succeed. Attitude must be pleasant! No one wants to work with a negative Nelly!

I learned how to multi-task and manage a very high-end work culture in the executive offices. The hardest part of the job was not overstepping my boundaries, like when I saw something that needed to get done and started the wheels turning to accomplish it. The manager of that task wasn't happy, but my boss (their boss) was pleased that I started something that they had to complete. I wouldn't advise doing it again! :)
Pros
co-workers will help if you help them. Great Company to work for.
Cons
Like any business, it's the people that create the "CONS".
Ambiente laboral
Cast Member en Future World - Epcot (Former Employee) –  Orange County, FLMarch 19, 2019
Una experiencia increíble donde forme parte de una gran familia y aprendí muchas cosas no solo en el centro laboral sino también sobre las diferentes personas tanto sus culturas como costumbres. El ambiente era lo mejor ya que había una gran comunicación entre compañeros y jefes que estaban dispuesto a apoyar y capacitar en cualquier momento y resolver cualquier tipo de duda que exista. Pude perfeccionar el idioma de ingles al igual que mejorar considerablemente el portugués.
Had ups and downs, but okay for the most part
College Program Cast Member (Former Employee) –  Lake Buena Vista, FLMarch 18, 2019
The college program was definitely a rewarding experience. However, sometimes the workload was distributed unfairly at times. when addressing this to management, it was obvious that they didn't care.
Pros
great pay for a part time job
Cons
long hours, unfair treatment at times
Very fun place to work with cool benefits.But...
QSR (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 18, 2019
Working as a student during their summer college program was the only way I could every afford to go to Disney World, so I am very grateful for the experience. Unfortunately, they did abuse me and other students with working strange hours and half the pay of their full-time employees doing the same job functions. We got schedules every two weeks that were never identical and one day I would work night shift closing at 11 then have to be in at 5:30 the next morning for the next shift. I got sick once from lack of sleep over this.
Pros
Cool benefits
Cons
makes college program students work strange hours with no static schedule.
Great Place to Work
Virginia Tech Co-Op (Former Employee) –  Walt Disney World, FLMarch 18, 2019
The management is very fair and friendly; always willing to help you explore your growth options within the broad Disney Umbrella. The energy you put in is the kind that is returned to you - do a good job and you'll be taken care of.
Cons
N/a
Leaning experience but extremely fun
Temporary Positions (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FL 32811March 17, 2019
Working for the Wilderness Resort and Campground was very rewarding. Working with both Housekeeping and Recreation department was an eye opening experience.
The "Happiest Place in the World" to work
Guest relations, Research , Monorails (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 17, 2019
If I could afford to live in Orlando on what Disney paid me I never would have left.
Fantastic experience being a part of the Disney magic.
As a "Castmenber" (employee) I had the freedom to play many "Roles"(position). Every day, being "On Stage"(visible to guests) was a delight. Making people happy and assuring they have a great experience was a joy. And Disney allows castmembers to give some "Pixie Dust"(a special gift) to guests that might be unhappy. Example: if I witnessed someone who dropped their popcorn box or spilled their soda I could write them a gift certificate they can use to re-purchase the item that spilled!
Even when "Back Stage"(areas where guests do not see you, Disney provides extremely comfortable environments for all staff.
Management consists of people who started at the bottom and were given the opportunity to rise to the top.
But, unfortunately Orlando is too expensive of a place to live and pay rent, so I had to leave.
I hope that someday, in the future when I retire, will return!!!
Pros
Amazing benefits and perks (unlimited free passes to all the parks)
Cons
Un-livable pay
Generally fun place to work but lacks strong vision when it comes to videogames.
Sr. QA Tester (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAMarch 17, 2019
General day to day was a good experience. Coworkers are very professional but will also have fun when the time comes. Occasionally will have hackathons to challenge creativity.
Poor leadership
Animal Kingdom preffer not to specify (Current Employee) –  Animal KingdomMarch 16, 2019
Ask most anyone the leaders especially at animal kingdom are no good, this is for day and night shift. Complain to hr AND NOTHING IS DONE! being called racist by a leader simply for not liking them because they are rude and speaks poorly on you. Also not LGBT friendly, also nothing done about that.
the benefits and location are the only things that keep me here.
Pros
Free park admission, thats about it
Cons
healthcare is expensive, leaders are horrible, work load is not dished equally.
Guest Communications Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lake Buena Vista, FLMarch 15, 2019
It is a wonderful place to work. I enjoy what I do on a daily basis. This company cares about it's employees and does all it can to help you achieve your goals.
Not as it appears
Travel Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAMarch 13, 2019
The job description given was completely different from what I actually do. Unless you like sitting at a phone all day answering the same questions with every call and hearing people complain, do not apply. They also force you to say that there is a survey at the end of the call and offer to transfer to Chase to apply for the Disney Visa. If you do not, you get a bad assessment
Pros
Get to sit all day, air conditioning
Cons
Tired to a phone all day, call monitoring, constant manager feedback of what you did wrong
Need to advance, no room to grow
Prep. Cook / Maria & Enzo - Enzo's Hideaway (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 13, 2019
I work hard everyday making great food but have not gotten a raise since I worked here and don't want to be stagnant in my career. I love my schedule, but don't feel appreciated for the work I do.
Pros
I get free brunch, a good schedule, and benefits
Cons
Bad management, no appreciation, no raise

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Walt Disney Company. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2
52.1K
41.3K

Ratings from women

3.1InHerSight Score

3.1Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

2.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight