The Walt Disney Company Employee Reviews

Found 3,756 reviews matching the search See all 4,389 reviews
fun, magical workplace
Store retail sales/ cashier (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CANovember 16, 2018
cashiering, playing with kids, organizing, making magic were things I looked forward to throughout the day. I learned to have great customer service and have fun while doing my job.
Pros
great benifits and fufilment
Fun Place
Attractions Lead/Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CANovember 16, 2018
I a place where you can experience a work environment like no other, with a competitive career growth.A job where you are constantly able to meet new people.
Pros
Fun
Cons
Not much room for growth
Engaging work environment with potential to move up
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CANovember 16, 2018
At the Walt Disney Company you will be engaged in every shift. Good customer service is a must but you can also work the night shift when there are no guests. You can start at a low position and slowly work your way up or you can decide you don’t like doing one thing and change positions completely. The possibilities are endless and support from the company is amazing.
Pros
Free sign ins, discounts, optional family and pet healthcare, breaks every 2 hours
Cons
Inconsistent part time scheduling, long wait periods to become full time
Fun environment, cool perks, but underpaid and unflexible
Merchandise Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CANovember 15, 2018
I really enjoyed my area, my coworkers and my leads, but management typically did not have much hands on involvement which I disliked. Scheduling also did not work around my preferences which was stressful. You were never guaranteed certain days off, especially in your first year. There is a lot of pressure on cast members to maintain a high standard of service, but I do not believe the pay matches that. There are great perks such as entrance to the parks, discounts, and friend and family admission.
Pros
free entrance to parks, discounts, friends and family admission
Cons
underpaid, just a number
A unique experience with a lot of room to grow as both an educator and an employee
Disney College Program Intern (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 15, 2018
Every day was a different experience while working for the Disney company, especially with my location around wild animals, but at times it was emotionally taxing to continually deliver a "magical" experience for every guest. Alongside dealing with a less-than-desirable pay and lack of benefits, leadership was a bit inconsistent.
Despite this, it was an incredibly unique experience that allowed me to develop communication skills and ability to educate. Interacting with guests from varying backgrounds in such high volume is very hard to come by in other work locations, and I am thankful for it.
Not what I expected.
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Lake Buena Vista, FLNovember 15, 2018
I worked at Blaze Pizza in Disney Springs. Almost everyone was a teen or young irresponsible adult. The managers did not play their positions well and were very childish. The atmosphere with the co-workers was disgusting since everyone just dated each other or spoke to each other disrespectfully. Terrible working atmosphere. $9.50 for hard quick-pace job was not worth it. They also violated a lot of health regulations during closing time. They tend to threaten to fire when one has an emergency when calling out or leaving early even though many quit and they end up short staffed.
3rd party
Runner/Valet (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 15, 2018
I was doing valet for a 3rd party company so we did not receive a lot of benefits from them. It was fun driving around to get and deliver car. But at some points Disney wanted to cut down the amount of space that been giving for valet.
Senior Staff Assistant
Senior Staff Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CANovember 15, 2018
Provided essential project management administrative support to Walt Disney Company’s theme park subsidiary in support of Disneyland themed projects which included the design and installation of the Indiana Jones Adventure Ride and Tomorrowland rethemes as well as renovations at Walt Disney World Epcot Center
Magic
Assistant General Manager Fulton's Crab House (Former Employee) –  Lake Buena Vista, FLNovember 15, 2018
The enthusiasm for the Guest experience should be matched by the enthusiasm for the employee experience. It is not.

There are many things that could be done to improve the morale of the team while elevating the Guest experience at the same time.
Pros
Free passes, meals, it's Disney
Cons
Lots of convolution and smoke and mirrors with regard to policy.
Fun to work at, but there's no room for advancement.
Quality Assurance Engineer (Current Employee) –  Glendale, CANovember 14, 2018
There are plenty of opportunities to learn (most of them out of necessity, not for your personal growth) and the company really does like to push a "Disney Magic" culture to all employees. However, infrastructure changes are frequent and, as a result, layoffs are a common thing. Unless you were able to land a higher up position, you are made disposable from day one. I have seen everyone from producers, project managers, department managers, and QA staff laid off in my time here. Most employees are hired on contract and it is rare for anyone to work for the company to the end of their contract before a layoff happens.
Terribles con los empleados
Operations and Merchandise representative (Former Employee) –  orlando, floridaNovember 14, 2018
el clima laboral es horrible, el sueldo es malo, trabajar en los parques es angustiante y agotador
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNNovember 14, 2018
I enjoyed working here it was very prodtice meaning very workful and a lot of people had helpful atttitudes and they worked together as a team well. wages were made on a timely setiing and they paid great.
Fun yet strict workplace
Stocker (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CANovember 14, 2018
Management is a joke and only a small few managers actually care for the cast-members. My coworkers are what kept me coming into work, otherwise I would've left long ago. Overall it's a decent place to work but you have to have the mental health to pull it off with the amount of customer service involved with the guests.
Pros
Free entrance to Disneyland
Cons
Management, bad work hours
Good place to grow career
Associate Civil Engineer (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 13, 2018
I can't speak for other teams, but I learned a lot here to grow as a civil engineer.

Job security will vary by the teams as well. Do you have a continuous flow of projects? Whether the happiest place on the earth or not, Disney is still corporate.
Fun place to work.
Park Operations & Special Events Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 13, 2018
Working here is fun, a typical day is not so typical as every day is different. You never know what is in store on a given day. I learned how to crowd control at the best possible place to learn.
fun place
Disney Vacation Club Guide (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 13, 2018
compensation does not meet work requirements, You will make alot of money for disney and not as much for yourself..... ................................
Friendly and safe place to work.
GUEST SHOW MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 13, 2018
One of the best places I've ever worked at. You are provided with the necessary tools to succeed and the culture is one of safety, inclusion and cooperation.
Amazing place to work, learn and have fun
Bartender (Former Employee) –  disney wonder cruiselinerNovember 13, 2018
A typical day at work would start by coming in at least 1-2 hours earlier than my shift starts, do a bit of Lobster Ink, then look at the days forecast.
I start to plan around how much preparation needs to be done in terms of orders, seating arrangements, special orders, special menu printing, staffing, transport, liaising with the chefs-specials and out of order items.
Operational equipment in terms of ensuring we have enough stock
N/a
Barista/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 13, 2018
Working at Disney was quite rewarding. I enjoyed my time there. Disney has the absolute best to offer. I would recommend to others, working at Disney.
Good place to start
Cast Member, Disney College Program Internship (Current Employee) –  Cosmic Ray's Starlight CafeNovember 12, 2018
I got started with Disney as part of the Disney College Program and honestly the work environment can be very stressful and hectic at times, but as long as you anticipate it you will be fine. I know many people who were not able to make it to the end of their program because they couldn't handle it but for me I did alright. As long as you have a good work ethic and do your job you will be fine.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Walt Disney Company. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2
52.1K
41.3K

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP20%
In the Top 20% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at The Walt Disney Company.

Powered by Comparably