The Walt Disney Company Employee Reviews for Guest Service Agent

Found 126 reviews matching the search See all 4,378 reviews
An overall good place to work where you will make life time friends.
Guest Services Assistant (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAFebruary 10, 2019
It was a draining job for the minimum pay and the amount of ungrateful guests who would yell at things we had no control over, but a lot of times I took great pride in the work I did. I oftentimes miss the work I did, but the "disney look" is too restrictive and I felt too robotic, as if I couldn't be myself. Guests like people to be outgoing, funny, themselves--not some robot going through the motions. I felt under appreciated for the work I did. I think my entire department felt under appreciated. Little by little, we all left. This job did NOT work as a student. I tried transferring, but was not able to, so I had to quit. My department was nice because we worked inside and had a small department and knew everybody. Maybe I'll go back someday. If you don't mind having your life taken over by your job with little to no gratefulness from your management, feel free to work here.
Pros
Free employee events, free park admission most days, free sign ins some days
Cons
disney look, low pay, high standards held for cast members
Terrible Leaders
Retail Guest Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAFebruary 5, 2019
Working at the Disneyland Resort gives you the benefit of going into the park whenever you'd like. However those types of perks are not very comforting after starting. They won't work with your schedule and management is not very helpful.
Amazing Entry Level Company
Guest Relations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Disneyland, CAJanuary 31, 2019
With three years at the Walt Disney Company I developed excellent customer service skills. Disney has a phenomenal training program dedicated to ensuring that all cast members have the knowledge and ability to make dreams come true. The workplace culture is beyond welcoming and you will not go a day with out seeing a smile. The hardest part of the job is what comes with any customer service position, angry customers. Learning how to listen and let go really made the job enjoyable. The most enjoyable part of the job, is the company's diversity that it attracts, both from cast members or its guests.
Pros
Cons
Repetitiveness
Fun as a second job
Guest Relations (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CADecember 27, 2018
This job has really pushed me to my limits, I need to work a second job to keep up with bills, if they paid us more and gave us hours instead of calling an canceling the shifts every week this job would be a great place to work. I simply could not afford to work here.
Pros
Free park admission and discounts
Cons
Shift times, lack of hours, seniority takes priority
Excellent atmosphere & culture
Restaurant Guest Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 20, 2018
Disney is a wonderful Company to work for. A typical day depends on your role/job. Everyday is different no matter what your role/job is. Depending on what you role is depends on what you learn and vice versa.
Good college job
Guest Relations Hostess (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAOctober 16, 2018
The Walt Disney Company truly allows you to succeed if you follow the rules and truly have a passion for your job. When looking into a college job, apply here. Disney has given me the confidence in public speaking.
amazing work place
Guest Service Attendant (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAOctober 14, 2018
working for the company has given me opportunities that I could have only gotten from Disney. everyone is pretty cool to work with and the managers take your family schedule into consideration.
good
Call Guest Agent (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNOctober 10, 2018
i enjoyed my stay there because of the positivity. ilearned how to make happy calls and intake happy calls for disneystore.com. the hardest part was dealing with irate customers and keeping up with the always changings trainings.
Great Company to work for just to get it on your resume
Guest Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 3, 2018
The Walt Disney Company does not care about you, you are just a number, replaceable at anytime. Great place to work for a short time to add it to your resume. Don't try to make a career out of it. Even if you can survive the long haul, they will let you go before you can retire.
Pros
Great thing on your resume
Cons
no care for its employees
Workplace
Guest Service Representative II (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNSeptember 26, 2018
The workplace is a get it the best way you can. If you need help it will come when it is convenient. You must have the ability to do your best without help and being micro-managed.
Pros
Free tickets to Disney and discounts
Great place to Work
Retail Guest Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 17, 2018
If you love Disney, than you will love working for the Mouse. Everyday you get to be a part of the magic and be apart of creating the magic. Great place to work.
Guest Relations
Guest Relations Hostess (Former Employee) –  Lake Buena Vista, FLSeptember 6, 2018
Great experience as an intern, however it would be difficult to work here full time with the salary compared to cost of living in the area. Supportive cast members and management.
Fun college job
CASHIER/GUEST SERVICE COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  AnaheimAugust 26, 2018
Hard to make a living, but I made amazing friendships - great part time job if your in school! Would like to see them pay more to cast members that have been there longer than others.
Set an expiration date, or you'll never know when to leave.
Guest Relations Host (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 15, 2018
Working for the Walt Disney Company is a unique experience, in that you may have an amazing or miserable time working here. I fall in the middle of this spectrum.

With over 70,000 cast members needed to run operations in Orlando, Florida, every review is different, but we share many similar views.

I was fortunate in the sense that I got to work primarily in the guest service field. I served from a Vacation Planner to a Guest Relations host. While these roles are intimidating to many front-line cast members, these roles really are the ones where you can create magic because you don't need manager approval to perform a "magical moment" that may cost the company money.

Also, I am thankful that I always had hours. Many cast members gave an arm and a leg just to make it to 30 hours weekly. My roles always needed hours. If you are looking to have 40 hours guaranteed, try working in a non-union role, like at a reservation center.

All in all, there is a lot of "structured work environment" at Disney. This is mostly thanks to many deployment systems where you are tracked at all times. Your "leaders" (who only make about two dollars more than you) depend on these systems so that your operation runs smoothly. I like this in the sense that there's never that feeling that you are pulling more weight than your fellow cast. It can be annoying at times, but all in all it has its benefits.

Are all of these reasons to stay? Absolutely not! You will run into employees who have anywhere from a 1-40 year anniversary pin that they either wear on their name-tag with either pride
  more... or shame. Many of these employees you will find in the break room stressing over things like their pay, fellow cast members, or guests. Many of them will tell you over and over to not work here. I never thought it would be appropriate to ask why, or even stick around 10 years to find out.

It's hard to really get to know your leaders. Many of them will find a reason to critique the way you do something. Some of them will look at you like competition. All of them will forget that they were once in your shoes and feel superior to you. Don't let that get to you, though. To become a manager at a theme park, you really have to work hard. That was never my dream, because if you take away the Disney name from a merchandise store, you are just a manager at a retail store. It's nothing different than working at a mall or even a gas station. It's just that the words DISNEY will fall into your job title, and you forget that your job actually isn't special.

Do this job only if you have a true passion for Hospitality/Tourism and Theme Parks. Don't do it because you get to go to the parks for free, a season pass can do that. Don't do it because you think having Disney on your resume will advance you in your career, it won't. And definitely don't do it because you feel you will be valued for being a nice, fun, chipper asset to the company. You'll just lose that charm in you. Ultimately, you are just a number. You can quit tomorrow and there will already be someone lined up to take your shift before it starts. This job will only teach you the very basic fundamentals of becoming a professional. You need to take what you learn and move on, or else you will find yourself in a break room, talking out-loud to yourself, persuading impressionable 18 year old college interns to never stay working for the Mouse.
Walt Disney Company
Walt Disney Guest Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAAugust 11, 2018
It was a happy place but more money driven than customer service oriented. There were days they offered overtime as an option but most of the time it was not offered.
Making Guest Vactions
Retail Guest Service Manager - Merchandise (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 5, 2018
It is a great company to work for you deal with people from all over the world and you get to be part of something that they have saved for a long time to do. You get to be part of their memories.
Fun and Rewarding
Intern - Guest Relations, Sales (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 4, 2018
During my time as an intern for the Walt Disney Company I learned a lot about company culture and standards. I really enjoyed my coworkers and management.
no comment
Guest Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAJuly 21, 2018
no comment at this time. You come in, work several hours with inconsistent work hours and schedules. It can be very unaccommodating when it comes to work and life balance.
Productive learn something new everyday
Guest Experience Manager (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 20, 2018
My family make up has changed so I am in need of different days off.
I am still looking within Walt Disney Company as well as Outside. I am trying to create a better work life balance.
I work 10 to 12 hours a day.
I get to make magical lifetime memories for families.
Pros
Ability to help people
Cons
Long hours and different schedule sometimes daily
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 14, 2018
- the are always doing events and different things to bring everyone together, customer and coworkers are happy and amicable. I didnt like that we didnt have set seats. Every day we alternated if someone was sitting in our seat by the time we got there.
Pros
Cons
- short lunches, low pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Walt Disney Company. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2
52.1K
41.3K

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP20%
In the Top 20% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at The Walt Disney Company.

Powered by Comparably