The Walt Disney Company Employee Reviews for Guest Service Agent

Found 122 reviews matching the search See all 4,210 reviews
Guest Relations
Guest Relations Hostess (Former Employee) –  Lake Buena Vista, FLSeptember 6, 2018
Great experience as an intern, however it would be difficult to work here full time with the salary compared to cost of living in the area. Supportive cast members and management.
Fun college job
CASHIER/GUEST SERVICE COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  AnaheimAugust 26, 2018
Hard to make a living, but I made amazing friendships - great part time job if your in school! Would like to see them pay more to cast members that have been there longer than others.
Set an expiration date, or you'll never know when to leave.
Guest Relations Host (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 15, 2018
Working for the Walt Disney Company is a unique experience, in that you may have an amazing or miserable time working here. I fall in the middle of this spectrum.

With over 70,000 cast members needed to run operations in Orlando, Florida, every review is different, but we share many similar views.

I was fortunate in the sense that I got to work primarily in the guest service field. I served from a Vacation Planner to a Guest Relations host. While these roles are intimidating to many front-line cast members, these roles really are the ones where you can create magic because you don't need manager approval to perform a "magical moment" that may cost the company money.

Also, I am thankful that I always had hours. Many cast members gave an arm and a leg just to make it to 30 hours weekly. My roles always needed hours. If you are looking to have 40 hours guaranteed, try working in a non-union role, like at a reservation center.

All in all, there is a lot of "structured work environment" at Disney. This is mostly thanks to many deployment systems where you are tracked at all times. Your "leaders" (who only make about two dollars more than you) depend on these systems so that your operation runs smoothly. I like this in the sense that there's never that feeling that you are pulling more weight than your fellow cast. It can be annoying at times, but all in all it has its benefits.

Are all of these reasons to stay? Absolutely not! You will run into employees who have anywhere from a 1-40 year anniversary pin that they either wear on their name-tag with either pride
  more... or shame. Many of these employees you will find in the break room stressing over things like their pay, fellow cast members, or guests. Many of them will tell you over and over to not work here. I never thought it would be appropriate to ask why, or even stick around 10 years to find out.

It's hard to really get to know your leaders. Many of them will find a reason to critique the way you do something. Some of them will look at you like competition. All of them will forget that they were once in your shoes and feel superior to you. Don't let that get to you, though. To become a manager at a theme park, you really have to work hard. That was never my dream, because if you take away the Disney name from a merchandise store, you are just a manager at a retail store. It's nothing different than working at a mall or even a gas station. It's just that the words DISNEY will fall into your job title, and you forget that your job actually isn't special.

Do this job only if you have a true passion for Hospitality/Tourism and Theme Parks. Don't do it because you get to go to the parks for free, a season pass can do that. Don't do it because you think having Disney on your resume will advance you in your career, it won't. And definitely don't do it because you feel you will be valued for being a nice, fun, chipper asset to the company. You'll just lose that charm in you. Ultimately, you are just a number. You can quit tomorrow and there will already be someone lined up to take your shift before it starts. This job will only teach you the very basic fundamentals of becoming a professional. You need to take what you learn and move on, or else you will find yourself in a break room, talking out-loud to yourself, persuading impressionable 18 year old college interns to never stay working for the Mouse.
Walt Disney Company
Walt Disney Guest Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAAugust 11, 2018
It was a happy place but more money driven than customer service oriented. There were days they offered overtime as an option but most of the time it was not offered.
Making Guest Vactions
Retail Guest Service Manager - Merchandise (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 5, 2018
It is a great company to work for you deal with people from all over the world and you get to be part of something that they have saved for a long time to do. You get to be part of their memories.
Fun and Rewarding
Intern - Guest Relations, Sales (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 4, 2018
During my time as an intern for the Walt Disney Company I learned a lot about company culture and standards. I really enjoyed my coworkers and management.
no comment
Guest Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAJuly 21, 2018
no comment at this time. You come in, work several hours with inconsistent work hours and schedules. It can be very unaccommodating when it comes to work and life balance.
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 14, 2018
- the are always doing events and different things to bring everyone together, customer and coworkers are happy and amicable. I didnt like that we didnt have set seats. Every day we alternated if someone was sitting in our seat by the time we got there.
Pros
Cons
- short lunches, low pay
It has it's ups and downs
Guest Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAJuly 11, 2018
It's not a bad company, until you look at your paycheck.
Yes, there are a lot of additional benefits, but those benefits do not pay the bills.
I am fortunate enough to have a higher paying job, but it still does not pay that well with the cost of living is southern California.
Upper members of the company do not seem to care about this.
Great place to work!
Retail Guest Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLJune 15, 2018
I enjoyed my time and truly made a Disney Family! The work hours were sometimes long but well worth every minute of it. The park admission wasn’t bad either
Pros
Great discounts, free admission
Cons
Sometimes long hours
Disney Magic
Guest Services Specialist (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAJune 12, 2018
You make the most of your experience anywhere. You have a choice where you work. While enjoying the team, work environment, you will benefit from collaborative relationships.
Guest relations
Guest Relations (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLJune 12, 2018
Working at the most happiest place in the world was a wonderful experience. Disney offered great perks for the employees. On a typical day I would provide admission into the park for visitors and provide instructions. I learned how to grow as a team mate and employee. Management was also wonderful and had an open door policy where we could voice any concerns or desires to grow. What I loved about working here was the advancement opportunities and how management wanted to help you become the best that you could be.
Productive and fun workplace.
Guest Services Associate (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 28, 2018
Very quick paced which is what I like and also very friendly. The environment is calm and professional. As for the staff, they are respectful, hard working, dedicated, and very prompt on time management.
Not the same company I started with
Guest Services Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lake Buena Vista, FLMay 28, 2018
Walt Disney Once said you can Dream, Create and Build the most wonderful play in the world, but it takes people to make that dream a reality. The current leadership has forgotten this and needs to be reminded
Pros
Free Theme Park Admission
Cons
Abysmal Pay
Fun workplace
Guest Service Team Member (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAMay 27, 2018
The workplace is always fun. I learned to be open and communicate with my colleges and guests. Management always had a great attitude. The hardest part of the job is when guests don't like technical difficulties or being told "no". The most enjoyable part is the people you work with. You make lifetime friendships with many people from 18-60+ years old with great vibes and attitudes.
Pros
Always fun
Cons
low pay
Not a career, but an okay job for college
Internship: Guest Services Custodial (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAMay 17, 2018
Like many I am very passionate about Disney and The Walt Disney Company. This was a great job to have during my time in college. However, if you aren't prepared to work till 2 am, deal with aggravated Guests, not afford a living wage, and have consistent hours, this job is not for you.
Pros
Getting into Disneyland for free, passionate co-workers, phenomenal company culture
Cons
See review
Busy Days
Guest Relations Working Lead (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAMay 15, 2018
Working at the Disneyland Resort means constantly working and interacting with guests from around the world, it is always a different feeling every day. Cast members get along well and the workplace culture is very enjoyable. My time at the Walt Disney Company has taught me different forms of leadership and guest service, bolstering my abilities both inside and outside of the workplace. This is supported by a strong management team and the constant learning opportunities that arise. I would say the hardest part of the job is not being able to please every guest and create a better experience for them.
Greatest place I have ever worked at
GUEST RELATIONS HOSTESS (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 6, 2018
I like to call myself lucky for having had the opportunity to work at the TWDC. Great and positive environment, co workers are great as a team, truly a pleasure working there.

I learned a lot during my time there, specially to work better under pressure and in fast paced environments were I was able to master my decision making skills.

I enjoyed working there because I truly believe in their work philosophy which is to make magic everyday, they sure put their guests first and go above and beyond to make their vacation or visit magical, so I was very lucky to have had being a part of this wonderful company.
Pros
discounts, free park entrance, cast appreciation events
Former intern
GUEST SERVICES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 25, 2018
Walt Disney was one of the best companies I've ever worked for. I would recommend it to anyone. All casting roles are for all ages, the young and old alike.
A culture of magic and creativity.
Guest Relations, VIP Experiences, Event Planning (Former Employee) –  Lake Buena Vista, FLApril 20, 2018
Working at the Disney theme parks is an incredible experience, but it definitely is not for everyone. You have to buy in to the culture of wanting to excel in guest service and into the art of make believe. I saw firsthand how much the parks mean to guests visiting from all over the world. At Disney, I met folks who became family, including my wife. There is challenges to working at Walt Disney World. The biggest being that you work, when everyone else is playing, meaning you work holidays, summer, your birthday, etc. And it can be hard. At the end of the day, you actually get to be the person who can create incredible memories for people of all ages. It truly is like no other place on earth.
Pros
Culture, experience, diversity, benefits, and employees
Cons
Work/life balance, pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Walt Disney Company. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2
52K
41.3K

Women's ratings

3.7Fairygodboss Score

62%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

94%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss