The Walt Disney Company Employee Reviews for Guest Service Agent

Guest Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 14, 2018
- the are always doing events and different things to bring everyone together, customer and coworkers are happy and amicable. I didnt like that we didnt have set seats. Every day we alternated if someone was sitting in our seat by the time we got there.
Pros
Cons
- short lunches, low pay
It has it's ups and downs
Guest Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAJuly 11, 2018
It's not a bad company, until you look at your paycheck.
Yes, there are a lot of additional benefits, but those benefits do not pay the bills.
I am fortunate enough to have a higher paying job, but it still does not pay that well with the cost of living is southern California.
Upper members of the company do not seem to care about this.
Great place to work!
Retail Guest Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLJune 15, 2018
I enjoyed my time and truly made a Disney Family! The work hours were sometimes long but well worth every minute of it. The park admission wasn’t bad either
Pros
Great discounts, free admission
Cons
Sometimes long hours
Disney Magic
Guest Services Specialist (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAJune 12, 2018
You make the most of your experience anywhere. You have a choice where you work. While enjoying the team, work environment, you will benefit from collaborative relationships.
Guest relations
Guest Relations (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLJune 12, 2018
Working at the most happiest place in the world was a wonderful experience. Disney offered great perks for the employees. On a typical day I would provide admission into the park for visitors and provide instructions. I learned how to grow as a team mate and employee. Management was also wonderful and had an open door policy where we could voice any concerns or desires to grow. What I loved about working here was the advancement opportunities and how management wanted to help you become the best that you could be.
Productive and fun workplace.
Guest Services Associate (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 28, 2018
Very quick paced which is what I like and also very friendly. The environment is calm and professional. As for the staff, they are respectful, hard working, dedicated, and very prompt on time management.
Not the same company I started with
Guest Services Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lake Buena Vista, FLMay 28, 2018
Walt Disney Once said you can Dream, Create and Build the most wonderful play in the world, but it takes people to make that dream a reality. The current leadership has forgotten this and needs to be reminded
Pros
Free Theme Park Admission
Cons
Abysmal Pay
Fun workplace
Guest Service Team Member (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAMay 27, 2018
The workplace is always fun. I learned to be open and communicate with my colleges and guests. Management always had a great attitude. The hardest part of the job is when guests don't like technical difficulties or being told "no". The most enjoyable part is the people you work with. You make lifetime friendships with many people from 18-60+ years old with great vibes and attitudes.
Pros
Always fun
Cons
low pay
Not a career, but an okay job for college
Internship: Guest Services Custodial (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAMay 17, 2018
Like many I am very passionate about Disney and The Walt Disney Company. This was a great job to have during my time in college. However, if you aren't prepared to work till 2 am, deal with aggravated Guests, not afford a living wage, and have consistent hours, this job is not for you.
Pros
Getting into Disneyland for free, passionate co-workers, phenomenal company culture
Cons
See review
Busy Days
Guest Relations Working Lead (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAMay 15, 2018
Working at the Disneyland Resort means constantly working and interacting with guests from around the world, it is always a different feeling every day. Cast members get along well and the workplace culture is very enjoyable. My time at the Walt Disney Company has taught me different forms of leadership and guest service, bolstering my abilities both inside and outside of the workplace. This is supported by a strong management team and the constant learning opportunities that arise. I would say the hardest part of the job is not being able to please every guest and create a better experience for them.

Want to know more about The Walt Disney Company?

Ask a question
Greatest place I have ever worked at
GUEST RELATIONS HOSTESS (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 6, 2018
I like to call myself lucky for having had the opportunity to work at the TWDC. Great and positive environment, co workers are great as a team, truly a pleasure working there.

I learned a lot during my time there, specially to work better under pressure and in fast paced environments were I was able to master my decision making skills.

I enjoyed working there because I truly believe in their work philosophy which is to make magic everyday, they sure put their guests first and go above and beyond to make their vacation or visit magical, so I was very lucky to have had being a part of this wonderful company.
Pros
discounts, free park entrance, cast appreciation events
Former intern
GUEST SERVICES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 25, 2018
Walt Disney was one of the best companies I've ever worked for. I would recommend it to anyone. All casting roles are for all ages, the young and old alike.
A culture of magic and creativity.
Guest Relations, VIP Experiences, Event Planning (Former Employee) –  Lake Buena Vista, FLApril 20, 2018
Working at the Disney theme parks is an incredible experience, but it definitely is not for everyone. You have to buy in to the culture of wanting to excel in guest service and into the art of make believe. I saw firsthand how much the parks mean to guests visiting from all over the world. At Disney, I met folks who became family, including my wife. There is challenges to working at Walt Disney World. The biggest being that you work, when everyone else is playing, meaning you work holidays, summer, your birthday, etc. And it can be hard. At the end of the day, you actually get to be the person who can create incredible memories for people of all ages. It truly is like no other place on earth.
Pros
Culture, experience, diversity, benefits, and employees
Cons
Work/life balance, pay
n/a
Guest Relations (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 15, 2018
Arrival 1 hour prior to curtain. Seat guests according to there tickets. Observe audience to maintain order and safety. I learned a lot about superior customer service. Management works hard to ensure happiness of the guests. You meet a lot of great people with this job. The hardest part of the job maybe learning the correct procedures.
Good for extra income
Guest Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAJanuary 22, 2018
good place to learn guest service skills if your just starting out. Also is good for extra income if you already have a full time career. The perks are a great part of working there as well.
Great Company
Guest Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Lake Buena Vista, FLJanuary 17, 2018
The Walt Disney Company is one of the best companies I have ever worked for. I enjoyed my time there, but I had the opportunity to move into a larger role closer to home.
Terrible Pay for Hard Work
Guest Services Clerk (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CADecember 27, 2017
This company does not care at all about its "cast members". They do not pay fairly for what their employees do for the company. I knew several cast members who were working full time and living out of their cars because the pay is so severely below the living wage.
Pros
401k, health, vision, dental
Cons
low pay, inconsistent schedule, long work hours, rude customers
The Walt Disney Company is great to work for
GUEST RELATIONS (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CADecember 11, 2017
This was a fantastic company to work for. I really have enjoyed my time here. I love making magic for all of our guests and I think we give them a great experience.
Great Place to work
GUEST SERVICE INTERNSHIP (Current Employee) –  Disneyland, CADecember 10, 2017
Awesome place to get some new experience in. It was really fun getting to know new people. It was also fun to get to meet higher up officials and get a little knowledge on the business side.
Amazing!
Resort Guest Service Host (Former Employee) –  Lake Buena Vista, FLNovember 28, 2017
This was a good place to work at I would implore you to get hired on they are a great company and a wonderful team to work with! I highly suggest to give it a try!
Pros
Free Theme Park Admission
Cons
N/a

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Walt Disney Company. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2
51.9K
41.2K

Diversity score

Powered by Comparably

68out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at The Walt Disney Company.