The Walt Disney Company Employee Reviews for Student Intern

Found 108 reviews matching the search See all 4,190 reviews
good
Disney College Program Intern (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 4, 2018
I was of the 10 percent of students accepted to be a part of The Disney College Program. Through this internship, I worked with a team of diverse cast members to create a seamless guest experience.
In the alumni-exclusive program, I worked with a team of attractions cast members to run two attractions at The Magic Kingdom. I was in charge of knowing how each attraction operated in order to create safe conditions for guests to foster happy memories.
The College Program was a great experience!
Disney College Program Intern (Current Employee) –  Lake Buena Vista, FLSeptember 3, 2018
I enjoyed doing the Disney College Program, it was a lot of fun! I enjoyed working in the parks and the people I worked with. It was an amazing experience getting work with people from all over the world.
Challenging, but Good Experience
College Program Intern (Former Employee) –  Lake Buena Vista, FLAugust 29, 2018
I was apart of the Disney College Program and worked at a resort doing quick service food and beverage. My coworkers weren't the nicest people to work with and made it difficult for me to feel comfortable at work. Extremely fast pace environment and a lot of information thrown at you at once. Also dealing with a lot of foreign people who aren't the kindest and hard to understand. It had it's okay moments, but for the most part I couldn't wait to be done with my internship. In the end it was an extremely challenging job, but rewarding because it's a great resume booster. All in all, I'm glad I did it and stuck it out.
Pros
Park and hotel discounts for family and friends, Free admission for workers, Earn free tickets after so many hours worked
Cons
Very fast paced, Rude coworkers, Unorganized management
fun but no money
College Program Internship (Former Employee) –  floridaAugust 9, 2018
i worked on average 40-50 hours a week sometimes 70 and still didnt have money to eat. there were times i was so broke that i couldnt eat for days and kept fainting at work.
Pros
park access
Cons
no money
Great internship
Disney College Program Intern (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 7, 2018
I loved every bit of my time with the Disney College Program, would highly recommend it. Every day was a blast and there was always excitement. One of the best parts of my college career.
Efficient and fast paced workplace
Disney College Program Intern (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAJuly 28, 2018
Constantly met with guests and worked with many cast members to provide happy experiences. It was incredibly fun and the managers were always around to make sure you're doing well
Fast-paced stepping stone to a future job
Disney College Program Intern (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 23, 2018
In the Quick Service Food & Beverage industry, it's fast-paced and a lot of physical labor. At my location, I was in a hot kitchen all day, working about 10-12 hours a day, and about 60 hours a week. It was extremely exhausting and difficult work. But it was worth it to get to network with engineers higher up in the company, as well as learn the ins and outs of Disney Engineering.
Overall positive experience
College Program Internship (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAJuly 5, 2018
Fast paced, fun environment but no advancement opportunities. Pay and benefits very low compared to other service industry jobs. Schedule can be very flexible, but everything is based on seniority.
Great work enviroment depending on your leadership
College Program Intern (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 23, 2018
Not every role in the Disney Parks will be for you, but the experience is still worth applying for. Based on my time in two programs, it's clear that the company values its workers and wants them to stay. Speak up and let management know what you need, and the leaders who care about their work will do their best to help.
Pros
Excellent connections, top company on your resume, valuable customer service experience
Cons
Long hours at minimum wage, little control over your position and location at hire
Great place to work!
Disney College Program Internship (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 13, 2018
Very competitive and fun work environment! My days at Disney World were extremely fun and I met some truly wonderful people there. It was a great experience.

Want to know more about The Walt Disney Company?

Ask a question
Disney College Program
Disney College Program Intern (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 12, 2018
One of the best experiences of my life, but also lost the magic a bit for me since working behind the scenes. The management differs so much between work locations.
fun but leadership was bad
Disney College Program Intern (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 6, 2018
the job was very productive and interesting. loved meeting new people, the leadership was terrible. they did not care about us. they were barley around, The company as it self is a great company but my environment was not as great as it should have been.
The Best Worst place to work
College Program Internship (Former Employee) –  Magic Kingdom, Walt Disney World, FLMay 27, 2018
Disney is magical. You know that. But a front line job at Disney is what it is. You will have to deal with incompetent coworkers, coordinators, and managers. Disney does not reward performance or intelligence, they reward following the oldest person there like a sheep. They don't want people to lead, they want you to do what you're told. I could not stand interacting with anyone outside of my friend circle. Yet despite all of this, it's awesome. You have the chance to make magic for others, and that is your reward. You just have to have a good attitude, and don't let the fools bring you down. Be what Walt would have wanted you to be.
Food and Prep
College Internship Program (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAMay 21, 2018
Worked in the kitchen doing food prep. Schedules can be inconsistent. Long hours on your feet and can be tough on your whole body. Prep things can take awhile to get use to it but other than everyone is helpful.
Magical
College Program Intern (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 15, 2018
Working for the Disney College Program in Walt Disney World was a life changing experience and I recommend it for anyone willing to go! I learned a lot about myself that I wouldn't normally at any other job. The management was extremely helpful and the job as a whole as eye opening and truly magical
Overall Experience
Fall Student Intern (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 7, 2018
Awesome Opportunity
You learn so much from different diverse people
Management is nice and understanding at times
Workplace is fun
hardest part is trying not to have too much fun
amazing experience
College Program Intern (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 2, 2018
I was a life guard for disney. I learned how to interact with people from all over the world. Management was great, and I never felt uncomfortable coming to them with a problem. Workplace culture is amazing. The hardest part of my job was leaving everyday. The most enjoyable part of my job was the interaction with different people everyday and making guests' vacations magical.
Everyday was Magical
Disney College Program Internship (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 17, 2018
Each day I had a great time interacting with guests and fellow cast members. Fellow cast members were always helpful when you had a problem you could not solve yourself. Making magic for the guest everyday was very rewarding and there is no feeling like it. You never felt alone and were always included in events with fellow cast members. Great customer service experience because you get to service guests from all over the world.
World-Class guest-service experience
College Program Intern / Backlot Express (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 16, 2018
Selected to be apart of the Walt Disney World Resort after a 3-step web-based & phone Interview process; 15,000 Applicants with only 7,000 Selected per season. High standards of operation. Comprehensive guest service
Pros
Disney World
Decent intern experience
College Program (Internship) (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 10, 2018
I would not take back the internship. I was surrounded by professionals who loved what they did and every day I learned something new. My coworkers kept me sane when I worked 13 days straight at times and 12+ hour shifts. It was hard not to love being at work because guests couldn't afford for you to have a bad day. I truly learned a lot from my short time there.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Walt Disney Company. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2
52K
41.3K

Ratings from women

3.1InHerSight Score

3.1Personal Development

3.3Career Opportunities

2.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight