The Walt Disney Company Employee Reviews for Student Intern

Found 100 reviews matching the search See all 4,002 reviews
Great work enviroment depending on your leadership
College Program Intern (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 23, 2018
Not every role in the Disney Parks will be for you, but the experience is still worth applying for. Based on my time in two programs, it's clear that the company values its workers and wants them to stay. Speak up and let management know what you need, and the leaders who care about their work will do their best to help.
Pros
Excellent connections, top company on your resume, valuable customer service experience
Cons
Long hours at minimum wage, little control over your position and location at hire
Great place to work!
Disney College Program Internship (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 13, 2018
Very competitive and fun work environment! My days at Disney World were extremely fun and I met some truly wonderful people there. It was a great experience.
Disney College Program
Disney College Program Intern (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 12, 2018
One of the best experiences of my life, but also lost the magic a bit for me since working behind the scenes. The management differs so much between work locations.
fun but leadership was bad
Disney College Program Intern (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 6, 2018
the job was very productive and interesting. loved meeting new people, the leadership was terrible. they did not care about us. they were barley around, The company as it self is a great company but my environment was not as great as it should have been.
The Best Worst place to work
College Program Internship (Former Employee) –  Magic Kingdom, Walt Disney World, FLMay 27, 2018
Disney is magical. You know that. But a front line job at Disney is what it is. You will have to deal with incompetent coworkers, coordinators, and managers. Disney does not reward performance or intelligence, they reward following the oldest person there like a sheep. They don't want people to lead, they want you to do what you're told. I could not stand interacting with anyone outside of my friend circle. Yet despite all of this, it's awesome. You have the chance to make magic for others, and that is your reward. You just have to have a good attitude, and don't let the fools bring you down. Be what Walt would have wanted you to be.
Food and Prep
College Internship Program (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAMay 21, 2018
Worked in the kitchen doing food prep. Schedules can be inconsistent. Long hours on your feet and can be tough on your whole body. Prep things can take awhile to get use to it but other than everyone is helpful.
Magical
College Program Intern (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 15, 2018
Working for the Disney College Program in Walt Disney World was a life changing experience and I recommend it for anyone willing to go! I learned a lot about myself that I wouldn't normally at any other job. The management was extremely helpful and the job as a whole as eye opening and truly magical
Overall Experience
Fall Student Intern (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 7, 2018
Awesome Opportunity
You learn so much from different diverse people
Management is nice and understanding at times
Workplace is fun
hardest part is trying not to have too much fun
amazing experience
College Program Intern (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 2, 2018
I was a life guard for disney. I learned how to interact with people from all over the world. Management was great, and I never felt uncomfortable coming to them with a problem. Workplace culture is amazing. The hardest part of my job was leaving everyday. The most enjoyable part of my job was the interaction with different people everyday and making guests' vacations magical.
Everyday was Magical
Disney College Program Internship (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 17, 2018
Each day I had a great time interacting with guests and fellow cast members. Fellow cast members were always helpful when you had a problem you could not solve yourself. Making magic for the guest everyday was very rewarding and there is no feeling like it. You never felt alone and were always included in events with fellow cast members. Great customer service experience because you get to service guests from all over the world.
World-Class guest-service experience
College Program Intern / Backlot Express (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 16, 2018
Selected to be apart of the Walt Disney World Resort after a 3-step web-based & phone Interview process; 15,000 Applicants with only 7,000 Selected per season. High standards of operation. Comprehensive guest service
Pros
Disney World
Decent intern experience
College Program (Internship) (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 10, 2018
I would not take back the internship. I was surrounded by professionals who loved what they did and every day I learned something new. My coworkers kept me sane when I worked 13 days straight at times and 12+ hour shifts. It was hard not to love being at work because guests couldn't afford for you to have a bad day. I truly learned a lot from my short time there.
Scheduling
College Internship (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAApril 9, 2018
The overall company culture and benefits made it an extremely enjoyable job that I looked forward to going to. However, they disregarded the fact that I was a full time student and continually scheduled me during classes.
Loved it!
College Program Intern - Food and Beverage (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 4, 2018
I was a college program intern for Walt Disney World during most of 2016 and loved the experience. It was incredible to work in the parks and be a part of the magic. I won't lie though the hours can be a lot at times and you don't get paid a fantastic wage, but you get a good living space and an opportunity of a lifetime. If you do the program my advice to you is to take advantage of everything you can from the discounts to the networking events that they have, as well as the education that they have available.
Pros
Fun work atmosphere, Opportunity
Cons
Some positions get a ton of hours, wage
Fun atmosphere, great perks, low wages
Disney College Program Intern (Former Employee) –  Lake Buena Vista, FLMarch 28, 2018
Typical day is busy and fast paced filled with many guest interactions. The perks of free entry into the parks is great, but the reality is the pay wages are not livable for Southern California.
Pros
company culture
Cons
pay, shift times
My job at Walt Disney
Disney College Program Internship (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 27, 2018
A typical day at Walt Disney was very busy. Disney was a place where you had to interact with many people and always make sure the guests were having a very memorable visit. Naturally I am a people person and I love conversations and interactions but, working at Disney it taught me so much more about great customer service and having a great deal of care with customers. Management however was ok. There was a lot of favoritism there and they had no problem showing that. The workplace culture was very spread. Ii worked with so many different people with different backrounds. I think that was the best part about the job. The hardest part about the job I would say was definitely the management. They weren't very polite and it was hard to see that they loved their jobs. Although one of the most important parts of all of our jobs was to have great customer service it seemed very hard for them to be great in that area. Lastly the most enjoyable part about my job were the unforgettable friends I made. They made everything so much better.
Pros
Free to get into the parks
Cons
The hot weather
Great place to work for a short period of time.
College Program Intern (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 26, 2018
At work I had a few issues with management and when I was meant to be working, and the pay is not nearly enough to afford to live in Orlando, but I was an intern. The best part of the job was meeting and helping guests from around the world, I am still in contact with some of them!
Pros
Get into parks for free and discounts.
Cons
The pay.
n/a
Disney College Program Intern (Former Employee) –  West Chester, PAMarch 26, 2018
It was a lot of hours with minimum pay as we were interns. It was exhausting. It was a great overall experience. I learned a lot and tell people all the time I would go back in a heartbeat.
Fun and fast paced work environment
College Program Internship (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 23, 2018
The Walt Disney Company is a fast and fun paced work environment. It can be very competitive and intense at times. I would recommend working here for the ability to learn and create new ideas.
Pros
Free park admission, and discounts
Cons
Seniority out rules creativity
Loved it!
Disney College Program Internship (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 21, 2018
The best experience of my life! I was able to experience many different aspects of the company. I was able to grow and learn while working and having fun!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Walt Disney Company. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2
51.9K
41.2K

Diversity score

68out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at The Walt Disney Company.

Powered by Comparably