The Walt Disney Company Employee Reviews for Student Intern

Found 113 reviews matching the search See all 4,363 reviews
Quick Paced and Friendly Cast Members
College Program Intern (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 30, 2018
I was on the Disney College Program (DCP) and it was a terrific experience. Every day was a different challenge. You are dealing with thousands of guests every day and each one presents a different challenge/opportunity. Throughout the program I learned how to interact with guests, cast members, and management. All while performing my job to the highest level possible. My managers were excellent and helped at every turn. I had a family situation and even though I was just on the DCP, they listened and provided me with anything I needed. The hardest part of the DCP was probably the changes that happen. You have your team, however, the personal changes throughout the day so you have to tailor yourself to their work style based on the position you are in at the time. This also is the most enjoyable part of the job because you work with so many people throughout the day. You may be working with a 20 year veteran and learning how they do things, or help somebody through their first day jitters. I may have been one of the lowest ranked employees, however, that did not stop the other cast members from making me feel like I was family.
Pros
great coworkers, opportunity to move up after the program
Disney College Program
Disney College Program Intern (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 24, 2018
This experience was life changing. Not just working in the parks and creating magic but it shaped me into the person that I am today. Also this experience had its challenges, it was extremely worth it and I would do it again.
A once in a lifetime experience
Disney College Program Internship (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 11, 2018
The management, depending on the location, was either wonderful or not enjoyable to work with. The locations were very inconsistent in how they were run. Communication was poor throughout the company. People working the same position were easy to get along with and were enjoyable to be around. One of the greatest negatives was not having a say in the hours we worked. Depending on the location someone might only work 6 hours a day where other locations work 12 hours a day. There are also forced 6 days in a week that you can not decline. The best part of the job was interacting with people from all over the world every day. It was very inspiring. It was nice to be in a place where the customers are energetic and happy most of the time. It was a great learning experience throughout the Walt Disney training week. The company has so much to learn from.
Pros
holiday discounts, free tickets, interaction with the world
Cons
short breaks, lack of sympathy, 6 day work weeks, 12 hour days
Intern
World Intern College Program (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 8, 2018
If you work there only do the internship.. It is a great chance to meet people and get a great life experience.. Other than that Disney has no room for growth and has the worst management. Join a medium size company get the experience and then switch over if you want to work there for a high level one.
The Disney College Program
College Internship (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 5, 2018
The Disney College Program was the best decision I ever made. I enjoyed every moment working in the parks. I learn to grow as a person and as a cast member.
good
Disney College Program Intern (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 4, 2018
I was of the 10 percent of students accepted to be a part of The Disney College Program. Through this internship, I worked with a team of diverse cast members to create a seamless guest experience.
In the alumni-exclusive program, I worked with a team of attractions cast members to run two attractions at The Magic Kingdom. I was in charge of knowing how each attraction operated in order to create safe conditions for guests to foster happy memories.
The College Program was a great experience!
Disney College Program Intern (Current Employee) –  Lake Buena Vista, FLSeptember 3, 2018
I enjoyed doing the Disney College Program, it was a lot of fun! I enjoyed working in the parks and the people I worked with. It was an amazing experience getting work with people from all over the world.
Challenging, but Good Experience
College Program Intern (Former Employee) –  Lake Buena Vista, FLAugust 29, 2018
I was apart of the Disney College Program and worked at a resort doing quick service food and beverage. My coworkers weren't the nicest people to work with and made it difficult for me to feel comfortable at work. Extremely fast pace environment and a lot of information thrown at you at once. Also dealing with a lot of foreign people who aren't the kindest and hard to understand. It had it's okay moments, but for the most part I couldn't wait to be done with my internship. In the end it was an extremely challenging job, but rewarding because it's a great resume booster. All in all, I'm glad I did it and stuck it out.
Pros
Park and hotel discounts for family and friends, Free admission for workers, Earn free tickets after so many hours worked
Cons
Very fast paced, Rude coworkers, Unorganized management
fun but no money
College Program Internship (Former Employee) –  floridaAugust 9, 2018
i worked on average 40-50 hours a week sometimes 70 and still didnt have money to eat. there were times i was so broke that i couldnt eat for days and kept fainting at work.
Pros
park access
Cons
no money
Great internship
Disney College Program Intern (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 7, 2018
I loved every bit of my time with the Disney College Program, would highly recommend it. Every day was a blast and there was always excitement. One of the best parts of my college career.
Efficient and fast paced workplace
Disney College Program Intern (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAJuly 28, 2018
Constantly met with guests and worked with many cast members to provide happy experiences. It was incredibly fun and the managers were always around to make sure you're doing well
Fast-paced stepping stone to a future job
Disney College Program Intern (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 23, 2018
In the Quick Service Food & Beverage industry, it's fast-paced and a lot of physical labor. At my location, I was in a hot kitchen all day, working about 10-12 hours a day, and about 60 hours a week. It was extremely exhausting and difficult work. But it was worth it to get to network with engineers higher up in the company, as well as learn the ins and outs of Disney Engineering.
Overall positive experience
College Program Internship (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAJuly 5, 2018
Fast paced, fun environment but no advancement opportunities. Pay and benefits very low compared to other service industry jobs. Schedule can be very flexible, but everything is based on seniority.
Great work enviroment depending on your leadership
College Program Intern (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 23, 2018
Not every role in the Disney Parks will be for you, but the experience is still worth applying for. Based on my time in two programs, it's clear that the company values its workers and wants them to stay. Speak up and let management know what you need, and the leaders who care about their work will do their best to help.
Pros
Excellent connections, top company on your resume, valuable customer service experience
Cons
Long hours at minimum wage, little control over your position and location at hire
Great place to work!
Disney College Program Internship (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 13, 2018
Very competitive and fun work environment! My days at Disney World were extremely fun and I met some truly wonderful people there. It was a great experience.
Disney College Program
Disney College Program Intern (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 12, 2018
One of the best experiences of my life, but also lost the magic a bit for me since working behind the scenes. The management differs so much between work locations.
fun but leadership was bad
Disney College Program Intern (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 6, 2018
the job was very productive and interesting. loved meeting new people, the leadership was terrible. they did not care about us. they were barley around, The company as it self is a great company but my environment was not as great as it should have been.
The Best Worst place to work
College Program Internship (Former Employee) –  Magic Kingdom, Walt Disney World, FLMay 27, 2018
Disney is magical. You know that. But a front line job at Disney is what it is. You will have to deal with incompetent coworkers, coordinators, and managers. Disney does not reward performance or intelligence, they reward following the oldest person there like a sheep. They don't want people to lead, they want you to do what you're told. I could not stand interacting with anyone outside of my friend circle. Yet despite all of this, it's awesome. You have the chance to make magic for others, and that is your reward. You just have to have a good attitude, and don't let the fools bring you down. Be what Walt would have wanted you to be.
Food and Prep
College Internship Program (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAMay 21, 2018
Worked in the kitchen doing food prep. Schedules can be inconsistent. Long hours on your feet and can be tough on your whole body. Prep things can take awhile to get use to it but other than everyone is helpful.
Magical
College Program Intern (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 15, 2018
Working for the Disney College Program in Walt Disney World was a life changing experience and I recommend it for anyone willing to go! I learned a lot about myself that I wouldn't normally at any other job. The management was extremely helpful and the job as a whole as eye opening and truly magical

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Walt Disney Company. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2
52.1K
41.3K

Women's ratings

3.7Fairygodboss Score

62%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

94%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss