The Walt Disney Company Employee Reviews for Student Intern

Found 128 reviews matching the search See all 4,376 reviews
A unique experience with a lot of room to grow as both an educator and an employee
Disney College Program Intern (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 15, 2018
Every day was a different experience while working for the Disney company, especially with my location around wild animals, but at times it was emotionally taxing to continually deliver a "magical" experience for every guest. Alongside dealing with a less-than-desirable pay and lack of benefits, leadership was a bit inconsistent.
Despite this, it was an incredibly unique experience that allowed me to develop communication skills and ability to educate. Interacting with guests from varying backgrounds in such high volume is very hard to come by in other work locations, and I am thankful for it.
Work Environment
Disney College Program Merchandise Intern (Current Employee) –  The EmporiumDecember 10, 2018
Even as an intern, I would not stay with Disney for so long if I didn't like the people I worked with. There are virtually no benefits except getting into the parks for free. You cannot make a real living off this experience let alone save money.
Pros
Free entry to the park
Cons
Terrible pay, Long and late work hours
good for temporary
College Intern (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 4, 2019
very hard to advance unless you stay for years, work you really hard, management is good but pay and compensation is not worth it unless you have another job on top of it.
A unique and fulfilling program
Disney College Program Intern (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 12, 2019
The Walt Disney Company is a company that I have dreamed of working for my entire life. This program allowed me to get my foot in the door with the company by networking and taking career development classes that will continue to give me a competitive edge in the industry. The company has the mentally that the guest is their number one focus and we, as cast members, are here to create happiness for all that enter into any Disney property whether that be the resorts, parks, or a Disney store in the local shopping mall. The management truly invested in me and took my thoughts and feeling into consideration whenever they could. With the Walt Disney Company, hard days are never hard days, there may be some bumps and bruises but the smile on the faces of the guest made the hardships disappear. My job with this company was the most rewarding job I have had the pleasure of doing. Every day was a new adventure that led me to meet wonderful guest and fellow cast members.
Overall positive experience
College Program Internship (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAJuly 5, 2018
Fast paced, fun environment but no advancement opportunities. Pay and benefits very low compared to other service industry jobs. Schedule can be very flexible, but everything is based on seniority.
Loved working at Disney World
College Program Intern (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 24, 2019
Would recommend to anyone. Long hours and bad days of course, but the park perks, culture, and memories make it very worth it. Definitely recommend the experience!
Pros
free admission to parks
Cons
Fun and memorable experience, but is it worth your time?
Disney College Program Intern (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAJanuary 20, 2019
During the DCP, you meet a lot of amazing and diverse people and personalities and create a lot of unforgettable experiences. You are able to go to the theme parks an unlimited amount of times and enjoy a hefty discount as well. Although, when you are not scheduled to work, unless you're extremely dedicated to going to the parks, you will most likely be trying to catch up on sleep and laundry.

Disney is a fun and upbeat environment to work with, but with the DCP, we may be getting over worked than what we are getting out of it. They do work us a good amount, so we can afford the pricey Anaheim living and you will be working the majority of the program.

I'd definitely recommend participating in the Disney College Program AFTER you graduate from school. This way you have more opportunities to advance your career and don't have to worry about returning home to finish school.
Pros
Disney Parks Admission, Discount, Exclusive Events, Lifelong Memories and Friends
Cons
Long Work Days, Always Busy, Cast Members tend to dislike DCP Cast Members
A once in a lifetime experience
Disney College Program Internship (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 11, 2018
The management, depending on the location, was either wonderful or not enjoyable to work with. The locations were very inconsistent in how they were run. Communication was poor throughout the company. People working the same position were easy to get along with and were enjoyable to be around. One of the greatest negatives was not having a say in the hours we worked. Depending on the location someone might only work 6 hours a day where other locations work 12 hours a day. There are also forced 6 days in a week that you can not decline. The best part of the job was interacting with people from all over the world every day. It was very inspiring. It was nice to be in a place where the customers are energetic and happy most of the time. It was a great learning experience throughout the Walt Disney training week. The company has so much to learn from.
Pros
holiday discounts, free tickets, interaction with the world
Cons
short breaks, lack of sympathy, 6 day work weeks, 12 hour days
Exciting Place to Be, Lots of hard work
Disney College Program Intern (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 16, 2019
Working for Disney is one of my happiest accomplishments. It is undoubtedly the happiest place on Earth, however, it is a lot of hard work. The hours are long, but the reward is great.
Pros
discounts
Cons
short breaks, long hours
Challenging, but Good Experience
College Program Intern (Former Employee) –  Lake Buena Vista, FLAugust 29, 2018
I was apart of the Disney College Program and worked at a resort doing quick service food and beverage. My coworkers weren't the nicest people to work with and made it difficult for me to feel comfortable at work. Extremely fast pace environment and a lot of information thrown at you at once. Also dealing with a lot of foreign people who aren't the kindest and hard to understand. It had it's okay moments, but for the most part I couldn't wait to be done with my internship. In the end it was an extremely challenging job, but rewarding because it's a great resume booster. All in all, I'm glad I did it and stuck it out.
Pros
Park and hotel discounts for family and friends, Free admission for workers, Earn free tickets after so many hours worked
Cons
Very fast paced, Rude coworkers, Unorganized management
Three internships and holiday and summer work over 5 years. Was campus rep for my college.
College Intern program. (Former Employee) –  Disney wWorldJanuary 19, 2019
I worked BoardWalk Resort, Bih Thunder, p
Pecos Bills. Three internships. Three hospitality degrees. Enjoyed it to the limit.
Sure the work is sometimes hard but mostly even handed
My only objections are
1. That if you work in a restaurant you have to get out of costume and go out front ..
It would be nice if the manager could place ur order and you would not have to change twice just to eat in the restaurant you worked.in

2. After 911 they cut our hours to ep hours but stilled kept our rent at the apartments the same. This put a well discomfort to those who had bills to pay.

I was 55 the first time I went and really enjoyed myself. I really did changey thoughts on many areas especially how I relate to others. Being with cast members from all over the world was my best gift from the experience.
Pros
People from all over the world. Cast discounts all over Florida. Free admission to Parks.
Cons
They started to charge cast members to go to water park. Really I had to think k up something.
Great work enviroment depending on your leadership
College Program Intern (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 23, 2018
Not every role in the Disney Parks will be for you, but the experience is still worth applying for. Based on my time in two programs, it's clear that the company values its workers and wants them to stay. Speak up and let management know what you need, and the leaders who care about their work will do their best to help.
Pros
Excellent connections, top company on your resume, valuable customer service experience
Cons
Long hours at minimum wage, little control over your position and location at hire
Quick Paced and Friendly Cast Members
College Program Intern (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 30, 2018
I was on the Disney College Program (DCP) and it was a terrific experience. Every day was a different challenge. You are dealing with thousands of guests every day and each one presents a different challenge/opportunity. Throughout the program I learned how to interact with guests, cast members, and management. All while performing my job to the highest level possible. My managers were excellent and helped at every turn. I had a family situation and even though I was just on the DCP, they listened and provided me with anything I needed. The hardest part of the DCP was probably the changes that happen. You have your team, however, the personal changes throughout the day so you have to tailor yourself to their work style based on the position you are in at the time. This also is the most enjoyable part of the job because you work with so many people throughout the day. You may be working with a 20 year veteran and learning how they do things, or help somebody through their first day jitters. I may have been one of the lowest ranked employees, however, that did not stop the other cast members from making me feel like I was family.
Pros
great coworkers, opportunity to move up after the program
Scheduling
College Internship (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAApril 9, 2018
The overall company culture and benefits made it an extremely enjoyable job that I looked forward to going to. However, they disregarded the fact that I was a full time student and continually scheduled me during classes.
Great time with guests from around the world
Disney College Program Intern (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 30, 2018
I enjoyed the fast paced environment of The Walt disney Company. I loved building relationships with guests and providing the best experience possible. I enjoyed the responsibility I had with my attractions role, though I wish there was more room for career advancement within the company.
Intern
World Intern College Program (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 8, 2018
If you work there only do the internship.. It is a great chance to meet people and get a great life experience.. Other than that Disney has no room for growth and has the worst management. Join a medium size company get the experience and then switch over if you want to work there for a high level one.
Fun and diverse, constantly changing.
Disney College Program Entertainment Intern (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 9, 2019
A fun and diverse place to work. The company is constantly growing, changing, and expanding it's guest experience and service. Working with people from around the globe on a daily basis while making them happy was the best and most rewarding experience I have yet to have with any company I've worked for to date.
good
Disney College Program Intern (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 4, 2018
I was of the 10 percent of students accepted to be a part of The Disney College Program. Through this internship, I worked with a team of diverse cast members to create a seamless guest experience.
In the alumni-exclusive program, I worked with a team of attractions cast members to run two attractions at The Magic Kingdom. I was in charge of knowing how each attraction operated in order to create safe conditions for guests to foster happy memories.
Great place to work!
Disney College Program Intern (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 17, 2019
Disney was such a rewarding experience! To work in a huge company like Disney brought great experiences and friendships! A great place to grow and thrive!
Disney is Magical
Intern, Disney College Program (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 11, 2018
While being a guest at Disney is all fun and games working there is much less exciting. It's still a job but it has been one of the most rewarding jobs I've worked. I loved every minute.
Pros
Discounts, free park entry, some park entry for friends and family
Cons
Long shifts, many hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Walt Disney Company. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2
52.1K
41.3K

Women's ratings

3.7Fairygodboss Score

62%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

94%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss