The Walt Disney Studios

The Walt Disney Studios Employee Reviews

United States88 reviews
Things were going just as planned then covid killed it. 8 months of a really fun place to work for me with a really supportive group. Everyone wants everyone to succeed.
Like every place, who you work with and your manager will make or break your experience at Disney. There are a few technology groups that work on exciting/cutting edge projects, but majority of teams focus on supporting back-of-house products and applications. So if your goal is to work the cutting edge of technology, your opportunities at Disney may be limited. However, if you want to work on products that matter, to have a good work-life balance to have frequent access to the Disney parks (for you and the family) and and have your kids tell all their friends that "you know Mickey" then Disney may be the right place!
I was able to visit local theatres on my own time and according to my own schedule in my state. Was able to view many movies and learn about sales are marketing for the company.
Pros
Completely remote work, free movies!
Cons
Independent Contractor on a 1099
Excellent organization with a lot of opportunities. It is important to have in place a real and clear career plan for cast members. HHRR need to create a department to manage the career plan for cast member with a desire to growth and give the best of them.
dread every moment. people sigh in depression as they get off the elevator onto their floor. worst culture i've ever been exposed to. Not sure if anyone likes their job.
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
For my experience the workplace culture was enjoyable. My department had a great group of people. Management was kind and able to learn new skills when requested.
I worked at the Studio so many years ago. It was a totally different studio than it is now. Walt was still alive, and it was a family company where everyone knew eachother and worked together in harmony. It was a joy to be there every single day. We worked hard but had so much fun doing so.,
Interned for The Hyperion Health Club and shadowed multiple fitness experts and sat in on multiple exercise groups. Learned many new fitness strategies and practiced great customer service in a positive work environment.
Contracted to assist with a few production systems rollouts related to a handful of movies that were in production. It allowed me to understand the entertainment industries related to technology as the majority of my experience was in a healthcare environment.
Worked as a Character Model and always had a great time with the animators. Food and drink provided. Opportunity for advancement. Very professional work environment.
Disney has a great product, that is enjoyable to be associated with. If you like super lean teams, long hours, and little opportunity for career advancement, it is definitely the place for you!
I have to admit, I was forewarned about working at Disney, and I didn't take it seriously. It's as bad as you've heard, and worse. Substandard pay, long hours, little to no advancement opportunity, incompetent leadership, and petty infighting are the "culture". They don't want top talent, they want "fan-boys" that drink the Disney Koolaid.

The ONLY benefit of working at Disney is that it looks good on a resume, and will probably help land you interviews for other opportunities.
Our team maintained all the electrical and hvac on the lot of prospect studios. Troubleshooting any issues that came up from emergencies. Also in a emergency we were the only 24 hour team there to handle any problem that came up, including but not limited to, smoke alarms, water main breaks, power loss, hvac issues, and water leaks.
The culture here is just like office space. Management does not communicate even on important matters. They assign you to projects that are not your expertise or forte. In-fighting between managers makes it very difficult to staff and complete projects
You would think that Disney would paid good or decent money, but far from fair it’s real bad and not worth your time your better off working at McDonald’s
They were amazing and wonderful. I learned, I taught. We created something wonderful together. A creative profitable division that was brand new. The entire company was very supportive all the way through.
Loved it but no career advancement. The people are great and the culture is fun and supportive, but I wasn't able to move up in a meaningful way. I love the company though.
Pros
great people
Cons
hard to advance
Excellent Experience. Great place to work.
Worked there for 8 years and look forward to working there again.

Some of the most talented individuals in the entertainment business.
Office Production Assistant
! Facilitated delivery of documents between production departments and communication

with supervisors for important requests

! !

Social Media Assistant

! Was promoted after making an Emmy nominations announcement video using Premiere ! Increased follower count by 300%
Disney has a great job culture and a fantastic place to gain experience. That being said, be careful not to engage with office politics because it could cost you your job. Remember, there are 20 other people that would love to be in your position.
If you can find your dream job with Disney take it. They offer great benefits and you get a little bit of magic when you work there. It is a corporation though so you are just a cog in the wheel. But it’s worth a shot.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Walt Disney Studios. Our community is ready to answer.