The Walt Disney Studios

The Walt Disney Studios insights

What people like
  • Fair pay for job
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction

Marketing & Distribution

I started my career in the Film/TV business as a Post Coordinator, I cant remember the lexact title but something to that affect. I was privileged to have started my career working with some top notch executives in Marketing & Distribution.

Pros

Excellent benefits & perks

Good Leadership Was Lacking

Encouraging execs. to compete against each other instead of working together does not foster a team spirit and team work. It encourages siloed depts. and an every man for himself type atmosphere - combined will fragile egos = toxic environment. Went through a few leaders - in the beginning they were good and there was a good atmosphere, but when management changed, the whole environment changed as good people were replaced with regime changes. In the end, the dept. became a place in which I no longer belonged or felt part of. Boy's club atmosphere and a lot of behavior that was not work appropriate that management turned a blind eye to.

Pros

The Brand

Cons

Great management and great cafeteria

I loved working in the Music Prep department. My schedule was able to be flexible. Hard work but very rewarding. Everyone I worked with was very nice and respectful of each other.

Game of thrones

A bunch of back stabbing and total hate atmosphere and anyone and everyone is encouraged to screw over each other to get a head .......................

Pros

Free items

Cons

Horrible work culture

Fast paced and fun

Things were going just as planned then covid killed it. 8 months of a really fun place to work for me with a really supportive group. Everyone wants everyone to succeed.

Would you rate your company five stars?

Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.

Hit or miss, but mostly fun!

Like every place, who you work with and your manager will make or break your experience at Disney. There are a few technology groups that work on exciting/cutting edge projects, but majority of teams focus on supporting back-of-house products and applications. So if your goal is to work the cutting edge of technology, your opportunities at Disney may be limited. However, if you want to work on products that matter, to have a good work-life balance to have frequent access to the Disney parks (for you and the family) and and have your kids tell all their friends that "you know Mickey" then Disney may be the right place!

This was a great company to work for. Working remotely was amazing!

I was able to visit local theatres on my own time and according to my own schedule in my state. Was able to view many movies and learn about sales are marketing for the company.

Pros

Completely remote work, free movies!

Cons

Independent Contractor on a 1099

Excellent company but need a stronger career plan

Excellent organization with a lot of opportunities. It is important to have in place a real and clear career plan for cast members. HHRR need to create a department to manage the career plan for cast member with a desire to growth and give the best of them.

fearful culture

dread every moment. people sigh in depression as they get off the elevator onto their floor. worst culture i've ever been exposed to. Not sure if anyone likes their job.

Workplace culture

For my experience the workplace culture was enjoyable. My department had a great group of people. Management was kind and able to learn new skills when requested.

Jobs at The Walt Disney Studios

See more jobs

It was a wonderful place to work. I started working there in 1959

I worked at the Studio so many years ago. It was a totally different studio than it is now. Walt was still alive, and it was a family company where everyone knew eachother and worked together in harmony. It was a joy to be there every single day. We worked hard but had so much fun doing so.,

Great Internship Site to gain experience

Interned for The Hyperion Health Club and shadowed multiple fitness experts and sat in on multiple exercise groups. Learned many new fitness strategies and practiced great customer service in a positive work environment.

Wonderful company to work with

Contracted to assist with a few production systems rollouts related to a handful of movies that were in production. It allowed me to understand the entertainment industries related to technology as the majority of my experience was in a healthcare environment.

Fun-filled and creative

Worked as a Character Model and always had a great time with the animators. Food and drink provided. Opportunity for advancement. Very professional work environment.

Disney has a great product, that is enjoyable to be associated with. If you like super lean teams, long hours, and little opportunity for career advancement, it is definitely the place for you!

Believe ALL the negative hype

I have to admit, I was forewarned about working at Disney, and I didn't take it seriously. It's as bad as you've heard, and worse. Substandard pay, long hours, little to no advancement opportunity, incompetent leadership, and petty infighting are the "culture". They don't want top talent, they want "fan-boys" that drink the Disney Koolaid. The ONLY benefit of working at Disney is that it looks good on a resume, and will probably help land you interviews for other opportunities.

Great company to work with. great team we had there.

Our team maintained all the electrical and hvac on the lot of prospect studios. Troubleshooting any issues that came up from emergencies. Also in a emergency we were the only 24 hour team there to handle any problem that came up, including but not limited to, smoke alarms, water main breaks, power loss, hvac issues, and water leaks.

Very stagnant culture

The culture here is just like office space. Management does not communicate even on important matters. They assign you to projects that are not your expertise or forte. In-fighting between managers makes it very difficult to staff and complete projects

Bad paid

You would think that Disney would paid good or decent money, but far from fair it’s real bad and not worth your time your better off working at McDonald’s

My years at Disney

They were amazing and wonderful. I learned, I taught. We created something wonderful together. A creative profitable division that was brand new. The entire company was very supportive all the way through.

Overall a win

Loved it but no career advancement. The people are great and the culture is fun and supportive, but I wasn't able to move up in a meaningful way. I love the company though.

Pros

great people

Cons

hard to advance

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Walt Disney Studios. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare The Walt Disney Studios with