The Warren Group Employee Reviews

4.5
Ratings breakdown
same tasks were performed
Advertising & Events Intern (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 18, 2018
The workplace culture was very interactive, employees were friendly. However, I was asked to perform almost the same tasks. It got to the point where it was boring to go to work there.
Pros
free snacks, friendly coworkers
Cons
boring
Great company, tough industry
Associate Publisher (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 5, 2018
The Warren Group is a great place to work; publishing is a tough industry to work in. Each department is different but generally offers a lot of room for growth, a lot of learning on the job, opportunities to stretch skills and learn new ones. Twenty-first century journalism is hard, but the company is doing its best to keep a Boston institution alive and relevant.
Editorial Intern and Beat Reporter (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 5, 2018
I had a wonderful internship experience at The Warren Group. They taught me the fundamentals of journalism and pushed me to become a better writer and employee.
Great Company to Work For
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Santa Fe Springs, CANovember 7, 2017
Working for the Warren Group was a wonderful experience. It was a good culture, and the work was satisfying. Unfortunately I was laid off due to downsizing.
Pros
Good people
Cons
downsized
Small Family owned business that experienced extreme growth.
Business Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 16, 2017
Small family owned business that experienced extreme growth. Time, capital, personnel all were expanding as customer base and new found interest in newly developed products. Publishing two weekly newspapers creates a busy everyday environment. As we moved from manual operations to computerized operations all employees embraced the challenges of relearning everything in a new way I came at the birth of installing computers in the steno pool. That was the beginning of my love affair with the Warren Group and the career they had envisioned for me.
Pros
Family business means lots of attention by management. This is a plus.
Cons
Daily deadlines have to be met so paper can to to press on time, there is no going home if the paper does not go to press on time
Pleasant atmosphere
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Whittier, CAJuly 24, 2017
Opportunity for growth, constant learning, readiness to teach.
Pros
social Security
Cons
schedule
Nice
General Employee (Former Employee) –  Whittier, CAJuly 24, 2017
It is a company where you can develop simper skills with the willingness to teach your employees, learning and constant growth.
Pros
Social security
Cons
Schedule
Great Company
Founder and CEO (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 3, 2017
If you enjoy consulting new/emerging franchisees, this is the place for you! I've worked with some amazing inspiring clients building substantial business...real job creators.
Very productive,fast paced and supportive environment.
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Santa Fe Springs, CADecember 2, 2016
Allowed to work independently. Respected for contributions to the company. Good benefits and pay. A cohesive and supportive atmosphere, allowing creativity and a good work life balance.
Pros
Good work environment
Cons
Too far from home
This is a great company to work for
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Canandaigua, NYSeptember 22, 2016
You work independently in a public setting recording data from public computer system. You have a set pace of number of pages per hour and it is challenging to see how fast you can finish the year assigned by their standards. They stay in constant communication with you and are always available for phone chats with questions about what needs to be recovered. They give you full training via phone/skype interviews and direct you where and what information they are looking for.
Pros
working independantly
Cons
having to stop in the middle of transmission to research project information.
Was my dream job.
Data Collection Associate (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 24, 2014
At the Warren Group which is located in Boston, I was sent a notebook computer. My job was to go to different town halls and collect mortgage data, from the books in the fault. I worked on my own and set my own hours. I loved this job.
Pros
Setting my own hours
Cons
That it was temporary and ended
Not that great a company to work for
Collections Clerk (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 1, 2012
I worked for the Warren Group for over a year. I was treated really badly by the Vice President of Accounting and Administration. She fired myself and at least one other person without cause, just because she could. The good thing was that she was let go shortly thereafter, but the damage to morale with her there was already done. Nobody was happy there. Obviously, management's judgement is really bad.
Pros
annual summer picnic
Cons
low pay, too much work, bad management