The Washington Center for Internships and Academic Seminars Employee Reviews

Investment in the future of college students
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 11, 2018
A student with a desire to know just how competitive and cut-throat the job market can be would find a great resource in the Washington Center. The 12-week experience helped me to fall in love with not only the nations capital but the various careers in media relations.
Challenging enough and promotes growth
Intern (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 12, 2017
The program is a bit overpriced for not being tailored to your career desires, as well as being sold the 'guarantee' of an internship. You will not hear back from your 'advisor' once you've accepted the internship and have agreed to pay the program. Allowed exposure to great seminars and assistance from well-placed professionals and professional development was well facilitated.
Intern of the Office of Acquisition for the Department of Transportion
Acquisition Intern (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 11, 2016
I like learning about the daily tasks the department encountered. My supervisor was great. He allowed me to venture out by myself. The hardest part was leaving when the internship was over. Also, I like going to trip every Friday and attending meeting.
Great opportunity to Network with diverse others
APA (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 9, 2014
Great professional networking opportunity.

Theres a lot of administrative work involved with this particular position, but it's an opportunity for you to work on efficiency and time management skills. Management isn't the best but they are defiantly making attempts to work on their kinks. They aren't super supportive of professional needs and growth so you have to strongly advocate for yourself.
A place to grow.
Ford Motor Company Scholar (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 31, 2014
They give importance to civic engagement and honesty. A great place to get to know the network of professionals in your field.
Excellent, balanced supervision
Advocacy Intern, DC Quality Trust for Individuals (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 2, 2013
I am learning how to write foundation grants. I work with the associate director. Communication on the job is excellent. The hardest part of the job is that I would prefer more team work, and slightly less independent work to compensate for my balanced introversion/extraversion. The most enjoyable part of the job is completing assignments and discussing them with my supervisor, making recommendations for the organization in the process.
Pros
balance between work and life.
Cons
it is an unpaid internship!