The Watchlight Corporation

The Watchlight Corporation Employee Reviews

United States8 reviews
Ill keep it short and just and simple just like me They will make it sound appealing and honest and that they want you to join their "family" of a company! But really the Original owner passed away and is now being ran into the ground by current management. They want hard workers and pay minimum wage! If your a Highly skilled dispatcher do not apply
Pros
The few good employees they have left are decent people
Cons
Low pay, Must do data entra, crm, rescue, weekend work
This is a place you want to stay away from. The management seemed "nice" at first and then you start seeing that if you're not in the inner circle you mean nothing there. There's favoritism everywhere you look and they dont let you forget it. Management along with coworkers whisper behind your back all the time. The "training" or lack thereof is absolutely HORRIBLE! They make you sit with someone and watch them work but you can't ask questions and since they are experienced they go super fast and after that you're expected to know everything. If you dare ask questions they will answer them extremely irritated. More senior coworkers feel entitled and will be on you for the smallest things like looking at your phone while they go on and on talking about their latest FB post and pull out their cellphone to show to each other. While they talk literally, and I do mean literally, aaaall day long God forbid you talk because you'll be scolded harshly. They talk about other people in other departments ALL the time, they go after their intelligence and skills. As soon as one leaves the door the rest starts talking about that person almost immediately. Senior management is there because of nepotism and nothing else. The only people in Management who are half decent is the younger people who have been promoted but do stay away if you interview with anyone that looks older than 40. Nothing to do with age, they are just extremely rude and mean spirited. Seriously, for $13 an hour go work somewhere else even if that is at Taco Bell or any other fastfood restaurant. You will be miserable there - more...
Pros
Monday-Friday Schedule
Cons
Literally everything else
This seems like a nice place to work at first but the training is inadequate and the management is terrible and rude. The only good thing is the hours but the pay is disrespectful.
Very friendly/family environment which tends to be both good and bad. Management varies, some have too much information to relay in layman's terms and some are so lax they tend to omit procedures until it's too late.
i worked here well over a year and let me tell you please beware of this place. This has to be the worse company to work for. Management is extremely rude and unprofessional. They do not offer 401k. You did benefits after 90 days. Medical and dental are TERRIBLE AND EXTREMELY EXPENSIVE.You can find way better medical on your own.Extremely fast pace environment, i saw so many people get fired because they couldn't keep up. They do not give you the correct training you need for this job. Lot of people would get fired in a weeks time. They always seemed to be short staffed. 90 percent of the company are women, which means they are extremely cady. You will feel like your back in high school. No doubt about that. Policy & procedures change just about everyday so they will find a way to right you up. This is a terrible place to work. Don't waste your time by applying. You'll lose your sanity working here.
Pros
monday-friday scheudle
Cons
everything else
Your experience matters.
Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.
Unable to move forward from dispatch, several times I asked to move to the service department and the opportunity was never given. Central station manager is the worse person that I've ever worked with.
Pros
Health insurance
Cons
everything else
terrible place to work all employees are very judgmental. Does not give you chance to learn everything necessary. not a good place to work at, at all. Let me go without letting me know as of why they let me go.
Manage the company's accounting department. Tasks vary by day. Solve employee problems thru application of human resource policy. Tasks and responsibilities are numerous. I have enjoyed being the accounting department manager and controller of the company's finances. I have gained invaluable employee management skills. I have learned how to incorporate policies and procedures to keep recurring revenue current.

Overall experience has been good.
Pros
Work experience
Cons
No retirement; work / life balance
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at The Watchlight Corporation?
Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Watchlight Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.
1.9