The Waters Senior Living Employee Reviews

Fun ,great residents ,great family members,
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rochester,mnJune 14, 2019
The pariah of nursing! Holy c:;& i cant even go into detail about how much this place has failed since day 1 when it comes to do nursing work.No bonuses ,No thank yous, they dont do anything for their staff for nurses week , cna week, or secretarys week, we got acknowledge once a year and it was from the residents .The new director calls herself the sheriff .
Not a good experience
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Oakdale, MNJune 8, 2019
This company is extremely disorganized, and leadership was a joke. The manager that transferred in at the end of my employment there started bringing in her employees from her last location and gave them shifts that were supposed to be mine. This company does not seem to genuinely care for its employees. Please beware.
Holistic, integrative place to work
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oakdale, MNMay 30, 2019
I loved everything about working at the waters. The environment, the mission, the residents. Communication was great. They had a great set up that allowed employees to take shifts easily without having to go through the shift manager, etc.
June 4, 2019

We are so glad to hear that you loved working with us! We strive to create an environment where the residents and staff can thrive. Thanks for the positive feedback!

I love to be working with the waters
Server/Waiter (Current Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNMay 21, 2019
There's nothing much I can say, The waters company is the longest period of time I have worked in the past 1 year and a half due to their services, They are fair.
Pros
We are given a lunch every other day
Cons
Half an hour break with good health care
June 4, 2019

It is always nice to hear when employees love working with The Waters. We are continuously improving the employee experience and enjoy feedback that tells us that what we are doing is working!

Decent
Healthcare Services Coordinator (Current Employee) –  White Bear Lake, MNApril 7, 2019
A typical day is not really applicable to this because very day is completely different. I had received a lot of new experience, but looking for something new that I will get paid more and won't have to work 60 hours per week.
May 20, 2019

Thank you for the review. It sounds like you learned some great skills while at The Waters of White Bear Lake. We truly believe in work/life balance and we are committed to fostering a workplace environment that supports that.

Beautiful new building but management is lacking
Nursing (Current Employee) –  Warrendale, PAJanuary 23, 2019
The Waters in PA cannot seem to get it together to get off the ground. There have been two directors in 3 months who could not deal with the rest of the management which leave the rest of the nursing staff without an RN or supervisor. It’s a beautiful building & could be a wonderful place to work but unfortunately the management is making it so difficult to work here. There has been a lot of turnover but the company does not seem to care. Also the current upper management talks down to all the regular staff yet on the other hand barely communicates with us. Hopefully it will get turned around but at this point it doesn’t seem likely
Pros
Beautiful building
May 20, 2019

The Waters truly values its employees and we are working hard to change the face of senior care. The Waters of Wexford will be open for a year this month. Many processes and support have been put in place to enrich the services we provide to not only the residents, but to the staff as well. Thank you for your feedback.

Don’t waste your time
Certified Nursing Assistant/Medication Aide (Former Employee) –  St. Paul, MNJanuary 12, 2019
I worked at the waters for 5 years. When company first opened , everyone wanted to work there! However , over time everything has gone downhill. For the amount of work they expect CNA’s to do , they don’t pay their CNA’s that much. As a CNA , you also have to do housekeeping, serve meals , and come up with activities for the residents to do. The wage at the waters is from $12-$15. Depending on the color of your skin and how good you are at speaking English. An african lady and a white girl started working together. I took it upon myself to ask both of them how much they made privately , the white girl said they started her off at $14.40. The african lady told me they started her off at $12.25. At the St.Paul location , if the co-workers don’t like you, they’ll do everything in their power to get you fired. I wouldn’t take my family members to the waters. On 2 occasions, people have broken into the St.paul location. They did everything to hide that information from the residents and their family. For $7000-$10,000 a month, some of your family members are getting abused , and neglected at the waters. They don’t care about their workers, What so ever. They only care about their residents paying $7,000-$10,000 a month.
Pros
Residents
Cons
Pay, other employees, management
May 20, 2019

While we welcome any feedback from current or former team members, we do ask that it is honest. Our current rental rates are available for prospects to see we do not charge $7,000/month per apartment, but more importantly, our focus is on the quality of care and experience our residents have at The Waters. Over the past several months, we have been working with leadership of our St. Paul location on staffing and have had amazing results! Families continue to comment on the positive changes and their satisfaction with The Waters and our caring and compassionate team members. We are proud of the work being done and welcome taking this conversation off-line to learn more about your experience and to speak with you about real changes and outcomes that are happening. Our pay is competitive within the industry. We are fortunate to have a dynamic culturally-rich workforce and that is seen in all of our communities.

The only good part was the residents
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Edina, MNApril 18, 2018
This place is poorly managed, there’s an employee turnover that’s insane due to pounding a bunch of work on you for $12 an hour.. CNAs don’t do their jobs and fall asleep during their shift or just sit on their phones.. every administrator that works there has no actual job, just walking around greeting residents and finding things that aren’t done due to being short staffed.. they don’t appreciate anyone who actually works there to keep the building looking nice.. I spent a year here and the last 6 months I dreaded going to work.. don’t apply here, it’s a waste of time and there isn’t room for any kind of an advancement.. also, my one year review they would only give up to a 3% raise, that’s 36 cents from 12$.. a joke
Developing
Dishwasher/Hostess (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNMarch 16, 2018
-The staff was really great
-I worked hard on my station
-Great services provided
-The hardest part was not moving up in my position
-I enjoyed the staff very much
Good CNA team but poor manager.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edina, MNMarch 14, 2018
CNA team was good and everyone worked well together. The manager is the type that smiles in your face and then stabs you in the back. Very bossy. Very strict. She tries to be friendly just to be manipulative.
The coworkers. Residents are amazing
Housekeeping Aide (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNFebruary 19, 2018
I was a housekeeper at the colony. Our management for housekeeping sucked. Did not listen to a word the housekeepers had to say.. he treatedus like dirt.. his way or know way.. he used his management to harass all the housekeepers.. I would not recommend working at the Colony in Eden Prairie
Pros
The residents are wonderful
Relaxed, simple work place
Server (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MNFebruary 11, 2018
The waters had amazing residents. I loved seeing theme every day and felt like talking to them made there day. The waters has a lot of diversity which I liked a lot. The KAY is very good for what you are being asked to do.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Manager, coworkers
Great company, good team and residents!
C.N.A. (Resident Assistant) (Current Employee) –  The Waters of White Bear LakeJanuary 7, 2018
I come to work each day loving what I do because of the residents I serve. The best part of my job is getting to know them better and The Waters really cares about us getting to know our residents with a person centered focus. We need to do a better job of continuing to hiring people who want to be here and work with a focus on teamwork, that we work together to enrich the lives of everyone.
Pros
Schedule, getting OT
Cons
Some co-workers need to be held accountable
Collaborative and challenging.
Director of Nursing (Current Employee) –  Edina MNJanuary 6, 2018
As a director at one of the Waters sites, I can honestly say I love my leadership team there. We are collaborative, supportive, and all on the same page! The Waters puts tremendous emphasis on excellent health care delivered to our residents, along with a varied and interesting calendar of activity choices. I work long hours, but see my effort as adding quality and making changes that will stick. And when in management, long hours are a bit of a necessary evil so not unexpected at all. The residents are wonderful, and families typically appreciative of our efforts. Residents and families demand the best and we do our best to deliver this every day! The Waters is a younger company I’m the senior living with services industry and changes are frequent but inevitable. It is a growing and evolving company that has big heart and even bigger passion for what we do!
Pros
Collaborative leadership team, we embrace changes.
Cons
Long hours, frequent but expected changes.
dissappointed that staffing was chaos
RN (Former Employee) –  St. Paul, MNJanuary 1, 2018
Numerous staff would call in at the last minute all the time. I mean like every shift............I would be overwhelmed with so much to do and was taken away from nursing care with all these other distractions, meanwhile they collect $7000 a month for each apartment regardless of whether or not they get nursing care. They must be making millions while they pay me way below what I was making elsewhere. I only agreed because I thought the stress would be less and at first it was . I feel embarrassed to work in such a place.
Pros
beautiful building
Cons
poor staffing and mgmt
January 7, 2018

While we welcome any feedback from current or former team members, we do ask that it is honest. Our current rental rates are available for prospects to see we do not charge $7,000/month per apartment, but more importantly, our focus is on the quality of care and experience our residents have at The Waters. Over the past several months, we have been working with leadership of our St. Paul location on staffing and have had amazing results! Families continue to comment on the positive changes and their satisfaction with The Waters and our caring and compassionate team members. We are seeing absenteeism rates decline as well. We are proud of the work being done and welcome taking this conversation off-line to learn more about your experience and to speak with you about real changes and outcomes that are happening. – Deanna Ekholm, Vice President of HR (hrconfidential@thewaters.com)

Good place and good people
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edina, MNDecember 7, 2017
I love working there, and the co workers was wonderful and peaceful. Always willing to work together. And for each other. And the management was great.
Constantly changing corporate leadership
Director of Nursing (DON) (Former Employee) –  Oakdale, MNDecember 5, 2017
Corporate leadership was an revolving door. Continuity of
guidance was significantly lacking. This trickled down to each community and its leadership team. Overall, this is a company whose primary purpose is “landlords “ NOT health care. The worse part of my time with The Waters is how I began to notice how the focus was directed to how much can we billl our seniors rather than what quality of services they offered. There is nothing dignified about The Waters.
Pros
Wage compensation adequate
Cons
Very long hours, corporate leadership team always changing, poor development of community leadership
January 7, 2018

As we continue to work hard to promote our mission of creating communities that Thrive, we have experienced a renewed opportunity to employ new and develop current positive, engaging, relationship based, effective and highly skilled leaders to support our communities. The wonderful news is that we are seeing a huge impact as we get the right leaders in place to positively support their teams. These leaders are attracting top talent and positive and engaged staff. Our deepening and long standing partnership with the University of Minnesota has elevated our practice and care even further this year. In the last 6 months, we have hired four exceptional Doctors of Nursing Practice who are now assertively and effectively helping us to lead and support our amazing teams. On a foundation of empathy, innovation, and integrative approaches, we are building a phenomenal care environment. This is elevating us to a new level at the Waters. We are pushing the boundaries of senior care. Industry wide, our staffing ratios, resident opinion surveys, staff surveys and commitment to raising the bar of nursing excellence for seniors are being recognized. We are seeing a true transformation of care. I hope to learn even more from the insights you have provided, and will use them to further support the positive trajectory we are on for providing best in class care. Thank you.
Gratefully,
–Katherine Todd, Vice President, Health and Wellbeing.

Horrible place
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oakdale, MNDecember 1, 2017
Its a horrible place to work... They hire lazy people that just sit and dont do anything... People always calling in or doing no call no show but they still have a job that doesnt make any sense... Management just cares about the money that these residents have to pay and they could careless about about the cares or any situation that would need to improve... They bag you to work doubles and dont even offer extra pay they just offer a meal ticket.. They meals are horrible and awful... Overall it is not a place to work i would NEVER put my loved ones in there cuz they wont get the cares they would need for the amount of money they have to pay.... JUST HORRIBLE PLACE...
Pros
Meal ticket if you work a double...
Cons
Management is horrible
Nice Buildings, but beware
other (Former Employee) –  otherNovember 11, 2017
Care is an issue and senior management is rich and arrogant. Not a recommended place to work! They have a huge turnover in all of their positions. New buildings does mean anything more than new buildings. What happens inside is unfortunate.
Pros
nice building
Cons
everything else
Beautiful surroundings, but management is disorganized.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, MNSeptember 26, 2017
Residents and families are great, but management is disorganized. There needs to be more team efforts in caring for residents. The facility needs attention, specifically with better cleaning.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Waters Senior Living. Our community is ready to answer.