The Welfont Group logo
The Welfont Group
View all The Welfont Group reviews

The Welfont Group

The Welfont Group Employee Review

The Welfont Group Commercial Real Estate Broker Review - Work from anywhere in the country

Four years ago I was contacted by a Broker form Welfont pertaining to one of my commercial listings. At the time, I was not aware of the type of services provide by Welfont or even that a IRS section 170 type sale even existed . With over 25 years of commercial real estate experience ,I was a little skeptical of the call.let alone of process. I became educated on Welfont's knowledge of commercial real estate transactions and how to close deals. The entire Welfont management team has a commitment to support the sales staff with direct and complete information on a timely basis. The typical commercial real estate company doesn't get to become the Number 1 Fasting Growing Real Estate Brokerage in the country by chance. Not only was I impressed with Welfont .,I joined the team.. Oh, and by the way ,that broker that contacted me over four yeas ago is still with Welfont and is very successful . Respectfully, A member of the Midwest team .

You don't get paid

Management uses KPI to the extent that it rewards people who are focused on the few pennies per KPI they are paid, not the results of closing deals; this causes volume work that is not productive but looks to managment like it is. Those of us capable of actually selling the deal are not paid anything at all - straight commission, and then 99.9% of the deals get cancelled due to the nature of the scepticism of principals in CRE. You might think working a year for your first deal in CRE is sacrificial, but the odds of closing one of the Section 170 deals is far more rare.

Pros

A kind atmosphere of support

Cons

No pay.

Great people to work with!! A home away from home!

Welfont is a results driven company and will reward its employees for their efforts. As a start up company while I worked there, there was some growing pains but that's expected when having such growth in a short period of time. All and all Welfont is a good company to learn and grow your career.

Niche Specialty, Flexible Working Environment

I have been with Welfont for about 1.5 years. Their product is one of a kind (niche specialty), not many property sellers and buyers knew about this, so it is an untapped market and the opportunity for growth is huge. It is challenging but also rewarding. And I can pretty much work anytime, anywhere, even when I am traveling, as long as there is internet connection. The existing CEO, who used to be an acquisition manager before, has done a great job in bringing the company to the next level. It has been growing leaps and bounds under his leadership. No wonder it is now the #1 fasting growing real estate brokerage in the county by Inc. 500.

Pros

Flexible Working Environment

Cons

One of a kind product that not many people have heard of

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Welfont Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.4

• The Welfont Group
  • Work from anywhere in the country