The Welfont Group logo

• Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Fair pay for job
  • Ability to meet personal goals

Work from anywhere in the country

Four years ago I was contacted by a Broker form Welfont pertaining to one of my commercial listings. At the time, I was not aware of the type of services provide by Welfont or even that a IRS section 170 type sale even existed . With over 25 years of commercial real estate experience ,I was a little skeptical of the call.let alone of process. I became educated on Welfont's knowledge of commercial real estate transactions and how to close deals. The entire Welfont management team has a commitment to support the sales staff with direct and complete information on a timely basis. The typical commercial real estate company doesn't get to become the Number 1 Fasting Growing Real Estate Brokerage in the country by chance. Not only was I impressed with Welfont .,I joined the team.. Oh, and by the way ,that broker that contacted me over four yeas ago is still with Welfont and is very successful . Respectfully, A member of the Midwest team .

You don't get paid

Management uses KPI to the extent that it rewards people who are focused on the few pennies per KPI they are paid, not the results of closing deals; this causes volume work that is not productive but looks to managment like it is. Those of us capable of actually selling the deal are not paid anything at all - straight commission, and then 99.9% of the deals get cancelled due to the nature of the scepticism of principals in CRE. You might think working a year for your first deal in CRE is sacrificial, but the odds of closing one of the Section 170 deals is far more rare.

Pros

A kind atmosphere of support

Cons

No pay.

Opportunities for Growth

My experience with Welfont is that it balances it's high performance standards by giving its employees the room to do their job well and giving them room to grow into new career opportunities at Welfont. The management team does this by listening and acting on employee opinions, truly caring and valuing all employees on a professional and personal level, and providing great team building opportunities like Top Golf, boat excursions, catered lunches, etc. Working at Welfont can be demanding at times, however, it is in ways that for the right person can motivate and push them to grow. Plus, there is always a helping hand from other team members and management when needed.

Collaborative Work Environment

Management truly wants to hear your input and opinions on everything, making the work environment extremely collaborative and team oriented. No matter your position, you're made to feel like your role is an integral part of the company's success.

Growing Company, Great People, Awesome Atmosphere

For starters our leadership = THE BEST witty, sincere,practical, passionate, exuberant & diligent, Our CEO is a great communicator/problem solver to say the least. Very honest, provides recognition and feedback. I love his vision, goals and the expectations he has for each employee, Very kind but stern at the same time . The employees here have established a family like environment I can honestly say most people ( if not all) have good days at least 96% of the time . Room for growth , leadership has an open door policy , very fair, you know they care . The company has grown so much, and its a privileged to be apart of a business that's centered around profiting at the same time as helping those in need . Making a impact around the world.

Pros

Room for growth, Boat trips, lavish team building activities & great people

Cons

I think they should implement a 401 k, stock, or something of that nature .

Do you enjoy working at your company?

Help people considering your employer make a good choice.

Collaborative Work Environment

Pros

Work hard, play hard. Everyone puts in alot of hard work, but the company is very good about rewarding their employees.

Great People

The people and culture here a great. They really seem to care about me as I care about them. There are tough seasons when everyone is working like crazy and then there are slower times. The hardest part of the job is keeping up. The leadership and management are the best that I have ever seen. Closing deals is the most enjoyable part of my job.

Pros

People, opportunity for growth, culture, business growth

Cons

Can be somewhat seasonal. High growth start-up culture is not for everyone.