The Wellsville Group dba Ashley HomeStore

The Wellsville Group dba Ashley HomeStore Employee Reviews

Oh how quickly feelings can change!
Home Furnishings Consultant (Former Employee) –  Mayfield Heights, OHMarch 16, 2019
I worked for this store for almost 6 months. I left a good job to come here because I thought there was more opportunity to make more money and move into a management position. For the first 5 months this was true, then the bottom fell out. I found out that those associates and managers who I trusted and thought were my friends actually were only interested in themselves. Only 2 associates, out of 12 were actually true friends people I could trust.
I was a model employee. I showed up EVERYDAY early or on time, ready to go to work, unlike several others who thought they could come in, punch in, then go to the corner to get breakfast! I was always taught you eat breakfast before coming to work, not on company time. I did everything and anything I was askied to do including reports cleaning, making sure the showroom appearance was up to par. I even tried to assist the new people in sales techniques. I had been told on several occasions by the Assistent GM that I was appreciated for my sales ability and my sense of humor because I brought a little levity to the group
I was hoping this would be my last job in life Then one day I was called into the conference room by the GM and was told I was terminatedl I found out that I said something to someone that was not appreciated. What I said or to whom is still unknown to me. Probably one of the associates who I trustedl
I feel that this company should really look into the "professional" behavior of many employeesl They put on a good show when you're hired, but as time goes on, you have to watch your
  more... back, not talk to your colleagues or not inflict any type of humor as big brother is always watching.  less
Pros
We work like it is our own business
Cons
commission structure is not the greatest
March 18, 2019

We're sorry about your employment experience, and we take this feedback seriously. Please reach out to Human Resources for further conversation.

Great work enviromemt
Shift supervisor (Current Employee) –  Johnstown, PAMarch 2, 2019
Management is truly wonderful, really cares about your well being. The pay if very competitive for the area. Best of all is the environment, very relaxed and friendly.
March 4, 2019

Great Place to Work
Guest Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Liverpool, NYFebruary 25, 2019
Great company to work for. Super relaxed atmosphere and management is amazing. I have never had a job I enjoy to come into until I started working for Wellsville. Hope to stay with the company for a long time.
Pros
amazing atmosphere
Cons
nothing
February 28, 2019

We care about our reputation and strive to be a great place to work. Thanks for the love. We appreciate you.

Welcome Home!
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Mayfield Hts, OHFebruary 21, 2019
When I first started with The Wellsville Group, I thought it was going to be just like any other retail job that I have had. Was I wrong! This job has turned into a career that gets better and better.

Over the years, I have seen this company grow from a small company to one of the finest furniture companies in the country.

If you put forth the effort, you will succeed. This is truly a career that you get what you put into it. In all aspects of the company, if you put forth the effort and are looking for advancement, opportunities exist.

Leadership in the company is great. You are treated like family. You don't find too many companies this size that have the "down home feel" that they do,
Pros
Advancement Opportunities, Earning Potential, Family Atmosphere
February 25, 2019

"Be a great place to work"
Assistant General Manager (Current Employee) –  Mayfield HeightsFebruary 21, 2019
When I was first hired at Ashley Homestore, I thought it was just going to be a temporary job until I could find something more permanent. But over the years I have grown to love and appreciate my job, coworkers and management team. I work with the most caring and inspiring individuals everyday. Ashley Homestore is more than a job, it's my life. I see myself continuing to climb the ladder and move forward with this company every step of the way. I can never repay this company for all they have done for me and my family. I have grown as an individual and a leader. There is no where better to work and better family to be apart of.
Pros
Growth, individuality, pay
February 21, 2019

We care about our reputation and strive to be a great place to work. Thanks for the love. We appreciate you! We're happy you've found an awesome career with us!

Laid back environment
Sales (Current Employee) –  Liverpool, NYFebruary 20, 2019
This is a great place to work, where you see the higher ups (owners, regional managers) on a frequent basis showing that they care about their employees.
Pros
Wages, bonus structure
Cons
healthcare

Great Job
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Liverpool, NYFebruary 20, 2019
Love interacting with people? Are you creative? Want to make a difference?

Working for The Wellsville Group has honestly changed my life! Prior to this job, I was battling with credit card debt and other financial issues. In a short year, I was able to pay off all my debt, support my family, and live a better life. After 3 months of being with the company, I got promoted into a managers position. If your focus and willing to do what is asked of you, this company has no problem with moving you up! If your looking to grow with a company that'll have your back...come over to The Wellsville Group and live a better life! What are you waiting for?
Pros
Money, Hours, Events!!!
Cons
retail hours
February 21, 2019

We care about our reputation and strive to be a great place to work. Thanks for the love. We appreciate you! We're glad you've found an awesome career with us.

$63,000 per year? Not a chance!
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, NYFebruary 19, 2019
In the ad, they say the job pays $63,000 per year. That's impossible. The store managers probably don't make that. The owners are very careful not to pay their employees a living wage.
February 21, 2019

Great cooperative working environment with great incentives
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Avon, OHJanuary 19, 2019
I have been with Wellsville for about 6 months now. When I first started I received great training to get me ready for the highly competitive furniture sales market. The training was hands on and directly related to real situations that happen on the sales floor. If you are personable and love to service people this is a great job for you. Management has been awesome and the opportunity to move up within the company is there if you desire. Overall excellent company with great people and benefits.
January 23, 2019

Awesome place to grow!!
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Avon, OHJanuary 18, 2019
I started with minimal experience with this company and due to putting in the work and support of my leaders, I have been able to climb in the company and create a career for me and my family!
Pros
great income, promotes from within
January 23, 2019

An Opportunity of a Lifetime
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYJanuary 17, 2019
Before working for The Wellsville Group I was broke, unhappy, unable to pay for many different bills, and had no direction. I am forever grateful that all of those are now untrue thanks to how great TWG and Ashley Homestore are. I was hired here and could immediately sense how closely tied everyone was and why the words "Family" and "Team" were prevalent in conversations about this company.
How many times have you been interviewed by not only the manager, but also one of the owners? Just so happened I was!

Working here you get to grow your income and stature in whichever direction you like. Do you want to stick to sales and have the ability to earn whatever you want? They will help you set goals and give you the tools to be successful. Do you want to advance and become a leader of one of the many different departments in this company? They will look internally for those who have the desire to do so and not necessarily the tenure. No specific education needed, no special college degree needed, just the desire, drive, and personality that it takes to be successful.

The Wellsville Group and Ashley HomeStore truly gives you the career opportunity of a Lifetime. Follow their Vision, strive for their Mission statements, embody their Values, and you will have a great career.
Pros
Great Culture, Team Atmosphere, Effort Based Pay, 401k Match
Cons
Retail hours
January 18, 2019

We care about our reputation and strive to be a great place to work. Thanks for the love! We appreciate you! So happy you found an awesome career...with us!

Horrible
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Johnstown, PAJanuary 8, 2019
I would never recommend this company to anyone. They pay nothing. Its horable. Owners do not care about employees at all. Managers do but have little power. Looks like there giving bonuses for reviews all the 5 star reviews are current employees hahahaha
Pros
30 min lunch, dont be late or its 2 points lolol
Cons
Dont plan on being here long. Huge turnover rate
January 17, 2019

We're sorry about your employment experience, and we take this feedback seriously. Our sales team members work on commission; income is based on performance which is outlined during the entire interviewing process. Please reach out to Human Resources for further conversation.

Best Company I've Worked For!
Guest Experience Manager (Current Employee) –  Fairlawn, OHDecember 24, 2018
I started out with this company in their Canton Location as a guest service associate. It was a three interview process starting with a phone interview. They initially interviewed me for Fairlawn for a Sales Position and when they saw I lived in Canton, they looked to see if their was anything closer to my home. We found a Guest Services position in Canton and I jumped on it. The starting pay was $11 an hour which is amazing for a desk job. You have the opportunity to get a raise within the first 90 days of employment and are able to get another two raises before getting into management. I was able to receive my first raise in 60 days and kept moving my way up. I haven't been here for two years just yet, but I have already been promoted to a manager and I know it won't stop here. This is a retail position, so you do have to work retail hours, but our shifts are 8 hours or less. During busy times, there is opportunity for overtime and extended hours. My manager at the time was very easy to get along with and worked around my schedule more than she probably should have. They start above minimum wage because the information you need to know can be a lot. They won't put you on a shift by yourself until you're 100% ready and even then, you can reach out to anyone in the Franchise for help through IM at any time. The managers, employees, partners, and different departments are all very friendly and always willing to help! The first two-four weeks are generally the hardest part of your job, learning all the new system information. Once you get over that speed bump, it gets much easier!  more... I have worked retail my entire working career and I love the culture with this company. The company truly cares for their employees more than any other company I have worked for. They are growing tremendously and I'm excited to see what my future at Ashley HomeStore entails.  less
Pros
Quick job advancement, culture, employees, management
Cons
Healthcare cost, once the company expands, we may be able to get better deals on healthcare
December 26, 2018

We care about our reputation and strive to be a great place to work. Thanks for the love. We appreciate you! So happy that you've found an awesome career...with us!

Love this place
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Orchard Park, NYDecember 22, 2018
I love working here. Before starting here, I was working several part-time jobs trying to make ends meet, but never felt like I was getting anywhere. I've been here for about three and a half months and have never been happier with my employment. The management and pay structure work hand-in-hand keeping us motivated and successful. The biggest surprise to me has been the workplace culture and atmosphere. We are truly a family from top to bottom, and there is none of the cutthroat competitiveness typically found in sales environments. I only wish I'd started here sooner.
Pros
Competitive commission structure, flexible scheduling, great work environment
Cons
Sales (can be a rollercoaster- highs and lows)

Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Orchard Park, NYDecember 21, 2018
Management is interested in making sure their people are happy and successful.

They go out of their way to ensure they make their employees the must money possible.

Awesome place to work
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Orchard Park, NYDecember 21, 2018
Great place to work we have a incredible family atmosphere here. I look forward to coming to see my work family daily. Great earning potential and benifits package. Management is a wonderful support system and a great work environment.

A place I call home
Manager (Current Employee) –  Orchard ParkDecember 21, 2018
I've been with this company for many years now and they have always taken care of me. Like any sales position, it can be tough at times, but the rewards far exceed the negative. This is a company that will give you the opportunity to grow if you so choose. The days are well structured to put you in a position to win the day. This is truly a career where you can decide how much income you would like to bring home. The only tough part is being a retail sales job, you sometimes miss out on life activities, family moments, milestones, etc., but I've found the leadership team is always willing to work with you to get you the time you need. It really is like a brotherhood/sisterhood here where at times we may disagree, but at the end of the day, we know we have each others back. I look forward to growing my professional career with this company.
Pros
Opportunity, incentives, competitive, values
December 26, 2018

Collaborative, challenging, small family feel with big city hustle environment!
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Fairlawn, OHDecember 20, 2018
The environment with this company is incredible! Small enough to feel like a family yet large enough to be a part of something great! Allows growth potential and the ability to be your best self!! The leadership team is very knowledgeable and cares about their associates. There is a large focus on training. I am amazed at how much I have learned since joining the team! The pay is very competitive and the commission plans for the sales positions are the best I’ve seen in the business!
Pros
Environment, Leadership, Pay structure, and Growth Potential
Cons
Retail Hours
December 26, 2018

The Wellsville Group is a great place to work!
Human Resources Generalist (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHDecember 18, 2018
I am enjoying my time with the Wellsville Group dba Ashley HomeStore. The team atmosphere makes it a joy to come to work every day. If you are looking for a rewarding career with an incentive driven company then this is the place for you!
December 20, 2018

Awesome place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, OHNovember 21, 2018
This is a great place to work and is a home away from home. The management works with you if you need time off and overall a great experience. Some days it doesn’t even feel like work and that’s the main reason I love my job
November 27, 2018

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Wellsville Group dba Ashley HomeStore. Our community is ready to answer.