The Wendy's Company Employee Reviews

Found 22,396 reviews matching the search See all 24,575 reviews
Fast paced. Use to be an enjoyable job.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hagerstown, MD, USDecember 10, 2018
My first year there was pretty great, everyone got along great and it was actually a fun place to work at. However, I had to leave because the managers were unappreciative and wouldn’t really help when we would get busy. Too much negativity was there, work started getting harder and harder to go too. They maade no effort to improve the place so that the employees were happy. Another thing they don’t even give you a free meal while you’re working. Getting a raise was also another impossible task.
Pros
Coworkers were usually pretty enjoyable. Could usually ask for days off without a problem
Cons
Poor management, unappreciative managers, long hours with no breaks.
Good work environment
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Inglewood, CAOctober 6, 2018
This job isn’t really recommended for first time jobs although they will hire you. I’ve been working in customer service for 4 years now and I get stressed out. On the other hand I love my managers it’s a fun work space. But only if you know how to balance fun with work. You learn a lot from drive through, to dining room, to restocking and refilling. Making drinks like green tea, lemonade, and the fruit teas. You learn how to close either dining room or drive through. Some people will think it’s a bad place because they couldn’t handle it or they just didn’t like there managers but even if I was as close to them as I am now. Other people shouldn’t effect you to do your job because you go to your job to do 1 thing. To make money and do your time. If you get hired at Wendy’s I wish you luck.
Pros
Discounted food/ free, fun work environment, team work
Cons
No benifits and not career advances
Good Food, Horrible Employee Treatment
Crew (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, GASeptember 24, 2018
The management was almost always hired outside of the company and had no idea what they were doing. They were almost never around when needed and would harp on the employees for not being capable of dealing with things without them. The salary was terrible for anyone who wasn't in high school and the GM's would usually find terrible excuses not to give out well deserved raises. Some of the employees would take the managers example and not do any work making it difficult on the closers. It was always a stressful working environment, which led to a high turnover rate, which was blamed on the employees that didn't quit.
Very teachable Job
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Goose Creek, SCSeptember 16, 2018
A typical day at Wendy's for a dining room sandwich maker was clocking in and turning on your screen to get ready for the dinner rush. I learned how to prep and make various different sandwiches. The management at Wendy's was nice, they were very motherly and always looked out for us because majority of us were high school students. The hardest part of the job is when you first start learning how to make sandwiches and a dinner rush happens, but the most enjoyable part of the job was getting to know the regular customers that came in. To this day I still see some of my regulars and we have become great friends.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
No raise
Fun place to work
Cook & Cashier (Former Employee) –  Point Pleasant, NJOctober 5, 2018
Although Wendy's is more of a starter job, it was an enjoyable one. I met a lot of wonderful people who are still my friends to this day. They do work around your schedule and if you want to pick up hours, nine times out of ten you definitely could. The job is easy, management takes the time to get to know you and treat you as a person who has feelings and situations outside of work. The only thing I can say is a downside is the fact that because they do get to know you so well, they do not usually take your leaving very well. They also don't give many benefits or anything really besides half off your lunch, but it's okay.
Pros
Great people, great productivity
Cons
Short breaks, no benefits, low pay
depending on which you work at I would recommend it
Crew Member/ Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Cullman, ALOctober 9, 2018
157- I loved working there. We all worked as a team. The management was amazing! The GM there best General Manager I've worked for. The only down side to the place was I worked there for 3 years and never got a pay raise. I did not mind it until I got out of school.
Good Hope- all around I would not recommend working there. It's like mama's faimly there. Always drama going on, even with management. Pay stinks. NO communication skills. No teamwork!
Pros
157- wonderful teamwork, managemant
Cons
157- benefits wasn't the greatest Good hope- everything
productive and fun workplace with long breaks
Cook (Former Employee) –  Bridgewater, NJOctober 31, 2018
I took and cooked orders, I learned how to build great customer service skills, cook and clean in a well Manner way. The management was Great everything was well organized and up to par. The workplace culture was a great experience, learning different cooking methods with mixed races. The hardest part of the job was closing, having to clean the kitchen and dining room area while still making orders. The most enjoyable part of the job was building bonds with strangers, coming up with a plan and working as a Team
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
No work compensation
Summer work while taking care of my mother
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Delmont, PAOctober 15, 2018
This was a relaxed fast food job for me. It was less stressful than other fast food places I have worked. I mainly worked evenings to close and some mornings to open. Typically in fast food, the more experienced the staff or higher in management, the better the hours. I mainly worked drive-through and sandwich station. After I saved enough money to purchase a car for myself, I decided to leave Wendy's and look towards other career options. I enjoyed my time here.
Pros
Half off food, fair salary, fair hours
Cons
sporadic hours, fast food work
Horrible and Unproductive
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Barnesville, GADecember 12, 2018
My whole experience at a place where you can typically expect the mosh pit of hangry consumers and horrible bosses, this was the living experience for a person who was just starting off her first job, and they also say the first job is the quickest you want out. Not only the fact that I had no growth, capitally, but the co-workers was the next to working in a living nightmare right next to managers who felt the need to turn the environment into high school all over again. I wouldn't even want my worst enemy at this Wendy's.
Pros
Discounts on food and some health benefits
Cons
Horrible management and too short on breaks
Very busy and fast paced
Shift Supervisor Trainee (Current Employee) –  Woodbridge, NJJuly 26, 2018
I would like to point out how every position isn’t even. The sandwich and drive thru area’s require more attention and patience, whereas the grill and fry stations are more relaxed and stress free. It’s an overall unfair environment due to the lack of recgonization. If i get paid $9 and i’m a good employee they may put me on sandwiches where it’s more work and more hands on and attention. But there will be another employee who makes the same as me but since they aren’t as good they get it easy and take on grill where all they have to do is slap meat one the grill and that’s it. It should be more balanced out with the work. Someone who is being paid the same as another employee shouldn’t be taken advantage of because of their skill, rather give them a raise so they are awarded for doing great.
Pros
Free food and making f
Cons
busy, lack of management, you aren’t recgonized for doing the above and beyond, angry customers and the pay isn’t worth it
Very little communication, expect results with no explanation on how .
Restaurant Manager (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLJuly 27, 2018
My biggest issue with this company is that they move managers around so often and they don’t really ask if it’s okay. On Day you’re working in one location the next they tell you you’ll be working at another never once asked if it’s okay with me .they moved me to a location 50 miles away from my old store . I wasn’t the only one I heard about this since I started with Wendy’s 6 months ago and in 6 months I have worked in 4 different restaurants. The reason why is because they can’t keep their managers , they don’t treat them fairly . They ask also t of them and don’t want to give raises or accommodate for their travels . They expect you to fix their broken resteraunt with an unrealistic time frame . The last store I worked at had so many family members of the GM working in it . Even the reagional Manager was a family member of the GM of that location. So their was a lot of people doing what they wanted and no consequences .
Pros
Free food
Cons
Upper management
Poor managment
Sandwiches (Former Employee) –  Youngstown, OHJuly 23, 2018
A typical day at work, for me would have included, arrival, getting harassed by the manager about my uniform, sometimes getting sent home to shave was part of the whole thing. Arrive again, start making sandwiches, taking orders from not only the dining room, but also the drive-thru, fastest paced job I've ever had and if you dont make the sandwiches right the customer is mad and if the customer is mad then your manager is mad. Not the best position for someone just starting out in fast food. Work place culture is laughable. One African American male, who was probably the nicest person on the staff. I learned that working in fast food is just as bad for you as eating the food. Hardest part of the job was dealing with a middle management floozy who over exercised her power as manager. Most enjoyable part of the job was walking out on said manager.
Pros
basically free food
Cons
Fast-paced, stressful, poor management, no paid time off, no benefits
Great Atmosphere Great Managers
General Manager/Human Resources Manager (Former Employee) –  Michigan City, INDecember 7, 2018
A typical day is great with a structured plan that helps to deliver a great customer experience.

I learned time management, how to forecast, and how to be an Human Resources Manager.

Management was amazing and always around to help.

The culture was amazing .

The hardest part of the job was hiring long-term employees.

The most enjoyable part was the customers and employees.
Pros
Work environment, People, Customers
Cons
Benefits, hiring long-term.
Stressful and terrible pay you can not live on.
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Wake Forest, NCAugust 14, 2018
I have worked at Wendy's for a year, without a raise, no benefits, and being hired under part time instead of full time, so they don't have to pay for employee benefits. I have worked hard for this company with no recognition and the loss of breaks. We are so short staffed, no one ever gets 30 minute breaks that are required by law. I can not live on $7.90 an hour. It is so stressful working there because we don't have enough crew members. This is a great job for a teen in high school who does not need to be concerned with bills, but for adults, it is a down hill, dead end job.
Pros
Employee Discount
Cons
NO breaks, NO benefits
Good core menu and restaurant set up
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Ashland, OHSeptember 9, 2018
Upper management makes promises they can't or don't keep. Very behind on technology. Move managers around too much. They need to keep managers in one store long enough to built consistency and loyalty with their employees. A store can not grow when the management changes as much as it does here.
The overall concept is good just no consistency.
The owners are great, just not sure they know everything going on.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
not enough managers, long hours, no family time
Productive and fun workplace with nice people.
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CONovember 9, 2018
The days I worked I’d go in clock in and then I’d check everything so that I knew stuff was in place an I’d let the the other person leave. I learned that it’s not that hard to work at a fast food place but you learn quick. Management was very cool. The hardest part of the job I could say was drive thru on dinner time but I pushed myself an got through it. I enjoyed meeting new people an going to work everyday.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Breaks were short, really didn’t get Benifits
Work hard for nothing.
Shift leader (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNAugust 15, 2018
Pretty much have to work hard to get paid barely anything. No good benefits. Health care sucks. Barely pay people enough to live. Definitely need to pay more. Management at the store I worked for was the worst. The new Gm we got had no clue what she was doing. I always got blamed for a lot of things even though I was the only manger to run night shift 5 nights a week. Just a terrible place to work you could make more money at Mc Donald’s.
Pros
Free meal for the managers not the employees
Cons
Employees only get 50% off on meal.
Fast-paced environment
Cashier/ Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 25, 2018
Typical day at work was working with 5 to 6 people on a daily basis while trying to handle customers getting them in and out. Regular customers understand how working with little people is hard, however, some of them do not understand and become easily frustrated because they want their food. Some shift managers try and help you out while some one them do a poor management job. Best thing about working here is that you can challenge yourself to be better and be faster to get the customers in and out. Working with friends giving the environment a fun place to work at.
Pros
Food discount, flexible schedule
Cons
no benefits
The general manager was the best man I ever worked for
Food Server (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYNovember 26, 2018
If you want a job where you can advance if you work hard, where you can work with an amazing team that gets along next to perfectly, then Wendy's is the place for you. The customers are not the best or the brightest, but that's anywhere you go lol
Pros
awesome GM, team that works well together, fun place to work, raises when deserved, high chance of advancement
Fast-pased but friendly and great first job to have
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Auburn, INJuly 3, 2018
My typical day would start with me clocking in 30 mins early. Followed by heading to the office to communicate with the other management on duty and we would discuss the plans for the day/night and sales goal. As a shift manager I learned that you have to be able to multi-task along with thinking quickly during rush periods. My management team helped me grow and learn more everyday to improve on my job duties. The environment in the workplace was clean, organized, focused on job tasks while having fun at the same time, friendly, and goal orientated. The hardest part of my job was trying to maintain happy customers and direct the crew on the job at hand. The most enjoyable part of my job was being able to be apart of that team and learn from co-workers and management to grow within the workplace and teach my knowledge/experiences to new hires.
Pros
50% off meals/ Free Meals
Cons
Health Benefits are seperated

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Wendy's Company. Our community is ready to answer.

56.5K

2.6InHerSight Score

2.2Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

2.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight