The Wendy's Company Employee Reviews

Found 20,321 reviews matching the search See all 22,371 reviews
I like it
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHAugust 15, 2018
It teaches you how to cook and prep definitely keeps you on your toes. I think they could give more breaks and longer breaks. I love that we get free meals.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Hardly any breaks
It reminds you of clicky high school drama
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Hermitage, TNAugust 15, 2018
The DM are unreliable and do not help at all.. no rules or labor laws are followed. They are a very shady company to work for that do not appreciate their employees that have been there for years
Cons
No breaks bad communication horrible work environment
One of the best places ive worked
Cook (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARAugust 15, 2018
This was my first Job. It was easy & relaxed. My co workers were always willing to help if needed. Never had a problem while working here. Very professional work environment
Not a fan
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  North Ridgeville, OHAugust 15, 2018
The food is good, but working there is not. The managers are rude, they pick favorites, not everybody gets paid the same, not everybody is trained the same so when I needed my shift covered I had to ask the 3 people who knew how to do what I was going to be assigned to do, and if those people couldn’t cover my shift I had to come in, despite if it was an emergency or not.
Great Place To Work!
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Orem, UTAugust 15, 2018
Wendy's was great to learn leadership skills and team building skills. It also helped me build confidence to communicate with others. I enjoyed working with others and being great at customer service.
Good workplace
Wendy's Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMAugust 15, 2018
Was overwhelmed with the graveyard yard shift. Thought I was underpaid to be on multiple positions at one time. Didnt get much of a break or lunch for a long working shift. Had to carry heavy material, keep in mind I'm only 100 lbs. at the most. The job was very demanding and didn't pay well.
Pros
Was close to my home.
Cons
Didn't get free lunch always had to pay full price.
Crew Member/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCAugust 15, 2018
The wendys manager was very respectful and enjoyed being a manager. Even when we messed up she would help us and nake sure we did things the right way.
A fun quick-paced job
Customer Service Rep/Food Services (Former Employee) –  Saint George, UTAugust 15, 2018
I did learn a lot about myself in my time working here, a lot of my customer service skills started here when I worked on the front counter or in the drive-through. The co-workers I had were always great in fact I still keep in touch with a few today. Besides the lunch rushes because the Wendy's I worked at was just behind a school, it was relaxed work, just a lot of upkeep.
Work hard for nothing.
Shift leader (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNAugust 15, 2018
Pretty much have to work hard to get paid barely anything. No good benefits. Health care sucks. Barely pay people enough to live. Definitely need to pay more. Management at the store I worked for was the worst. The new Gm we got had no clue what she was doing. I always got blamed for a lot of things even though I was the only manger to run night shift 5 nights a week. Just a terrible place to work you could make more money at Mc Donald’s.
Pros
Free meal for the managers not the employees
Cons
Employees only get 50% off on meal.
Poor Experience
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Sanford, FLAugust 15, 2018
Other employees frequently slack off and don't do their jobs. The managers didn't ever enforce rules or enact any punishments on employees. Often times employees wouldn't do all of their duties and the managers wouldn't notice until other employees brought it to their attention and instead of having the slacking employee finish their duties, it would be left to whomever brought it to the managers notice.

All of this was made worse by the poor location, where very few people seem to even realize our Wendy's was there at all, resulting in low numbers of new employees
Pros
half off of lunches under $6
Cons
Everything else
Good work place for the right people.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Beavercreek, OHAugust 15, 2018
I started working at Wendy's when I was 16 years old and worked my way up to assistant manager when I put my two week notice in. The job was just not stable enough and lost my desire to work for the company once they were bought out by corporate.
ok
Cashier/Customer Services (Former Employee) –  Manassas, VAAugust 15, 2018
it was my secoind job so i guess it was ok i didnt had too much experience but they definitely were helpful all the time to show me what i had to do in there.
managment
Manager, cashier (Former Employee) –  Tupelo, MSAugust 15, 2018
Very fast past job. Complete order in a timely fashion, and customers are always right. i loved working with this company, it taught me a lot about working as a team.
Loved working here
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Wilkesboro, NCAugust 15, 2018
I enjoyed this as my first job. I did have to leave because of school because the refused to work with my schedule. However I found everyone very helpful and honest here and I still go back this day if I felt like I could deal with that fast paced environment again.
productive work place
General Manager (Current Employee) –  saginaw txAugust 15, 2018
as long as you always move forward and stay competitive you can amke any establishment fun and entertaining. i run a high volume location which means being busy at all times
Pros
great pay and benefits
Cons
no time for my family
my restaurant was a first
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Clintonville, OHAugust 15, 2018
I opened this store that was a new concept. They had kiosks AND table service. First of it's kind for wendys, and it was fun to get it going and see how guests liked it.
Pros
free food, management offered health and benefits
Cons
no insurance unless you are management
Wendy's
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Middletown, OHAugust 15, 2018
A typical day is stressful and you need to work with others so it runs smooth. Management is amazing love them all. its not a hard job as long as you can work well with others.
Pros
%50 on food
Cons
no benefits
It was fun learning new things
Facilities technician (Former Employee) –  VirginiaAugust 14, 2018
I mean working at a restaurant it goes pretty well until you don’t have material to make a repair because you have to order it and you kind a have no life because the stores have to be open all the time but there was a lack of technicians which made it a lot harder
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
As the years went on insurance got worse
It was a fun experience
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Newburgh, INAugust 14, 2018
It was my first job. I made great friends. The pay was minimum wage simply because a bunch of high school students needed their first job to get by. The managers made sure we had a fun shift every day.
Pros
Discounts
it was a very fast paced job with some good people to work with.
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Landover, MDAugust 14, 2018
Working for wendys was a good experience , I made some life long friends and learned a lot about the fast food business. The atmosphere was mostly fun and happy and the crew I worked with was great. Most of the managers were good people but some were very difficult to get along with. Over all I enjoyed my time with the company.
Pros
Meeting life long friends
Cons
The managers that didnt manage.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Wendy's Company. Our community is ready to answer.

55.9K

Women's ratings

2.0Fairygodboss Score

33%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

33%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss