The Wenger Group

The Wenger Group Employee Reviews

United States13 reviews
Featured review
The Wenger Group selected this as a representative review
I worked at Wenger Feeds for 12 years. I left only because of personal reasons. I will say this, awesome company and over the course of 12 years I had every opportunity to advance within different departments in the company. It is very simple. You show up on time and do the best job you can and you will be noticed! Amazing benefits, awesome people! I Recomend Wenger Feeds to anyone!!!
The Wenger Group is best known for Wenger Feeds, but the company actually has three additional companies including Dutchland Farms, Nutrify, and Risser Grain. I’ve been proud to call The Wenger Group home for the last 20 years. It’s a dynamic place, and my job changes all the time as priorities change. The benefits are great, and I really enjoy working with teams across every department. There are a lot of talented people here who are willing to share their extensive knowledge. The company is flexible about home and family commitments and very supportive of continuing education. They even have a scholarship fund just for team members' dependents.
I've been with the company for several years. This past year they have focused on employee engagement and I see a great improvement because of this. My supervisor understands our team and communicates often so we know what's going on within our location, but also within the whole company.

The benefits are really great! We get bonuses and many perks including a Meat Bonus worth about $400-$500 of meat every year. It's cool because the customers we serve with feed provide the meat in the meat bonus.
Pros
GREAT benefits at low cost; Meat Bonus; Christmas Bonus, Company Bonus
Cons
too many hours at times
Upper management does not pay enough to work in such filthy environment. Mill is a totally filthy including breakroom, locker rooms, and bathrooms. Upper management definetly looks down on their employees.
May 12, 2020
Thanks for expressing your concerns. We are sorry to hear you had a bad experience. We heard you, and we will be looking into the cleaning situation at all of our locations to ensure the facilities meet our high expectations. While feed mills are dusty by nature, we have an in-house team that cleans the mills regularly. We strive to provide a clean and healthy work environment. We provide uniforms for our mill teams and have locker rooms on-site for each gender to shower before leaving the facility. Uniforms then stay on the premises and are laundered for your convenience.
This company needs to go under and get new management or new owners fires without warning over no reason has no family values a lot of favoritism I do not suggest working for this company would rather work somewhere else getting paid less then to work for a company like this I don’t know if this will make a difference by putting a review out there but if they care about their company they listen to what the lower guy has to say
May 12, 2020
Hello. We hear you and are always looking for ways to improve our processes. We try to keep the lines of communication open to ensure our Team feels their opinions and suggestions matter. I'm sorry to hear you feel the process didn't work for you. We have regular team member meetings, twice yearly surveys, and a yearly meeting with the executive team as just some of the outlets available for team feedback. We value all feedback. If you feel the working conditions are not fair, we encourage you to reach out to our Human Resources team.
Care to share?
Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.
I would not recommend this company. I was supposed to receive a sign on bonus but never got it. After working for the company several weeks and being told I was doing a good job I was fired for no reason. The management has favorites and if you dont fit in you cant stay. I was early everyday for my shift and worked as long as needed. Every place I worked if you did something wrong you were told about it and given a chance to fix it especially if you were dependable. The owner of the Muncy location should really take a look at management. You are losing good people, its a shame!
May 12, 2020
Hello. Thanks for expressing your concerns. We do offer sign on bonuses for select positions, and we always offer referral bonuses to current Team Members. We encourage you to reach out to our Human Resources team if you feel we’ve made an error. We’re here to resolve any issue you may have and make it right. I'm sorry this opportunity did not work out. We have strong processes in place to recognize and reward Team Member performance and many outlets available for Team feedback.
4 years of working here and I can actually say I’m better off. This company was family owned but now it is not. Executives have ruined this company. They are horrible to work for. I highly suggest NOT working here.
May 12, 2020
Hello. Thanks for expressing your concerns. The Wenger Group is still family-owned with an independent board of directors. We're sorry you felt the company has changed because we have a strong desire to always adhere to our core values.
I was working for them for over a year and got fired without a reason. You are literally just a number there, as the HR department plays favorites and will fire without probable cause or warning.
Pros
Some of my co-workers were like family
Cons
Long hours without enough pay, and management is garbage.
May 12, 2020
Hello. Thanks for expressing your concerns. I'm sorry this opportunity did not work out for you. We do have strong processes in place including a formal review process to ensure fairness in our personnel decisions. Furthermore, we enhanced our compensation and training programs in late 2019 to create a more definable career path for our Team Members.
I worked in the mill for 3 years, Wengers is steadily becoming a pretty awful company. All they care about is money and less and less about their employees. Bringing in Executives that only care about the bottom line. They rented properties around their local mills and out of nowhere decided to throw numerous families out of their homes by giving them less than a 4 month notice because they are tearing down all the properties. Most of these families have little to no savings and are now struggling with the fact that they need to save a few thousand dollars in 4 months because Wengers couldn't give 2 craps about anyone but themselves and their wallets. It's a shame what they are becoming, it was the place to work not too long ago. They are truly being the kind of company people hate. They have had a ridiculous turnover rate lately and they play dumb as to the reasonings behind it.
Pros
Benefits are outstanding
Cons
Wengers future
May 12, 2020
Hello. Thanks for expressing your concerns. We read every review, and we take your feedback seriously. I'm sorry this opportunity did not work out for you. We have removed several houses surrounding our mills. Concerns about their age and the cost of the upkeep were the driving factors behind those decisions. We do strive to always treat everyone - customers, team members, and vendors - with respect in accordance with our core values.
Well managed, high performing organizations that recognizes talent. Strong presence in the market place with many innovating practices and solutions. Strong work life balance.
Pros
Work Team
Cons
None to speak of.
Drivers are worked long hours with no appreciation for you, what you deal with or your life outside of work. Your asked to work your days off with no perks. Equipment constantly having issues. Farmers dont take care of their farms in the winter. Dispatch dont care about you as long as you haul the loads they choose. Communication in management is poor.
Pros
Job security, benefits, bonuses.
Cons
Work environment, farms, dispatch
May 12, 2020
Hello. Thanks for your feedback. We read every review, and we take your concerns seriously. We have recently made changes (beginning of 2020) in our production planning processes to ensure a better work and life balance for our mill and driver Team Members, and we’re also working on new communication tools for on farm issues. We’re glad you valued the benefits and bonuses. We’re very proud of our benefits program. We encourage all team members to reach out to Human Resources with any concerns.
Fast paced, accuracy driven . Old computer process in place, Can be very confusing at times to use . people are very friendly. Benefits are great with extra added bonuses.
This is a very laid back company to work for. They work with your schedule. People are nice and treat you with respect. I enjoy working with this company.