The Wesley Community Employee Reviews

This special place is all about people taking care of people.
Fund Development (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHFebruary 26, 2018
Staff take care of residents. Residents are concerned for staff. Staff support each other. Residents watch out for each other. Management works hard to take care of everyone..
Very dissatisfied
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYFebruary 7, 2018
Be smart and dont apply to this job , its a career wrecker.Understaffed, no managerial support, nice place ,horrible staff. Some aides were cut throat with other staff members.
Pros
Legionnaires disease outbreak
Always understaffed
Certified Nurse's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Saratoga, NYJune 30, 2017
The property is very nice and clean. Heavy on upper management , ineffective lower management , and understaffed with the people that do the actual work.On our floor, would run out of food and kitchen ware two to three times a week.
Pros
clean environment, a lot of hard working co-workers
Cons
understaffed, low pay, raises are once a year for everyone not based on individual work.
Welcome Home!!
Clerical Support (Current Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYApril 20, 2017
I worked at Wesley for 18 years and chose to leave to explore other opportunities. I left for five years and waited patiently for a job opening suitable for my skills to open up. Finally I have returned home (Wesley Community). I have been back for almost 2 years now and cannot imagine leaving again. I admire the staff for the care that they take with our residents, and the true affection that they have developed for our residents. I not only work for the Wesley Community, but my mother was a longtime resident there. I could relax knowing that my mother was well taken care of. I work with a wonderful group of people who all help each other and work hard. I have also found that the benefits at the Wesley Community exceed the benefits that I was receiving at other employment. The pay rates are very competitive, and there is always room for growth and advancement. I highly recommend the Wesley Community as a place of employment.
Poor care and indifference through mismanagement
RN (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 15, 2017
Poorly managed went from a five star rating to a one star rating substandard care and too many CNA openings no one left to take care of anyone outsourced nutritional services they ration the food if they don't have enough the residents don't get extra it is a failed administration very sad to see what it has become
Pros
Cons
Many
Great Place to Work
N/A (Current Employee) –  Saratoga SpringsJune 19, 2015
I have been here over 6 years and absolutely love it. Besides the typical benefits such as health, vision and dental insurance, any employee who works 20 or more hours per week earns vacation time. All employees who work 30 or more hours per week also earn sick and personal time and 7 paid holidays.

They try at least once a month to do some sort of employee appreciation such as passing out candy to all employees on all shifts on Valentine's Day, subs, chips & cookies one month to all employees, pizza and cookies one month to all employees, apples to all employees in the fall, plus, an employee picnic every year in August. For Thanksgiving every employee gets their choice of a Turkey, Ham, or $15 Gift Card to Price Chopper and at Christmastime they have a party with hundreds of prizes for randomly chosen employees. Not to mention the program to help employees in need who are not able to provide Christmas for their children.

Overall, in an economy where employers are not able to do or provide much to their employees, Wesley is the best place to work.