The William and Flora Hewlett Foundation Employee Reviews

4.4
Ratings breakdown
Good job depending on manager and team
Associate (Former Employee) –  Menlo Park, CAApril 14, 2018
Having a good experience at the William and Flora Hewlett Foundation really is the luck of the draw. Some teams are more functional than others and if your manager likes you, there are more opportunities for growth.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Non transparent pay/benefits
Beautiful campus; Nice people in an ivory tower
Officer (Former Employee) –  Menlo Park, CAJanuary 31, 2017
The benefits of working at the William and Flora Hewlett Foundation are invaluable, including the $5k education budget given to every employee after 90 days. The downside is there is little to no room for upward or even sideways mobility within the organization. There is also an incredible amount of process just to get money out the door and into the hands of people who are trying to change and improve the world.
Pros
Free lunch, $5k education budget
Cons
No upward or sideways mobility
Great Environment
Human Resources Associate (Current Employee) –  Menlo Park, CAMarch 29, 2016
Great place to work. I find the place to be a very supportive environment. The employees are friendly and work together.
Current work life
Facilities Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Menlo Park, CADecember 9, 2015
A typical day at work consist of many different task. Some mundane, others requiring complete concentration. Meeting and greeting people is an everyday thing.Besides my Facilities hat, I also work as the front desk person, checking in all guests, throughout the building of 115 employees. On certain days we may get different alarms from our Chiller, Boiler, or AC units in our Server room. It is up to myself and the others in our staff to address those alarms, immediately. Other things can come up like broken equipment, or clogged pipes, around so every day is always different and knew things are learned which each task.

I can't say I ever run across any really difficult tasks. I either figure out the solution myself, seek advise from my co-workers or work with our vendors to resolve any issue. I get my most enjoyment from helping others and facilitating a project from start to end. Meeting all types of people from all walks of like and from different countries, cites and states is also a treat. I feel that my contact with all these various groups of people have given me the gift of connecting with any person I meet and have to do business with.