The Wine Group Employee Reviews

Not hard
Pump Operator (Former Employee) –  Greenfield, CAApril 26, 2018
Trying to find dream job been looking at a bunch of different jobs to see what I like in life. Looking for a yearly job so I can’t get laid off. Love RG
Negative experiance
Operations (Former Employee) –  Ripon, CAApril 19, 2018
Your training will be minimal at best. After that you are left to our own devices. A lot. Be prepared to work 10-12 hours most days. Often working 6 days. The focus on being "lean" means you are usually way over tasked, especially for the pay scale. I'm sure that not every position is like this so do as much research as you can. Go with your gut.
Pros
Wine sales and free tastings!
Cons
Poor work-life balance, lack of hands on training and development.
Never had a job like this one.
Master Machine Specialist (Former Employee) –  Ripon, CAApril 16, 2018
Managers and supervisors forever changing. Only wanting to do minimal repairs on equipment. Company tends to screw over employees due to being union and wanting union out.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Poor Management Ideas
great job the commute was to far away
Maint manager asistance/maint depart clerical (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAMarch 22, 2018
great job that i considerd a start of a career but after a year the commute was to far away for me to make a living wage at the position i was in and i was putting more miles on my car and wear and tare than i was making to keep up with it financaily
Pros
great work place and company
Cons
distance
great summer job
Sugar tester/ seasonal (Former Employee) –  Ripon, CAMarch 1, 2018
loved working every summer for 3 years as a sugar tester loved most of the staff worked with besides new supervisor, he wasn't clear for certain tasks or expected tasks not in your job to be down overall was great summer job and learning experience
Pros
milage pay, raise in pay every year great hours
Cons
short term work
The Wine Group
Customer Service Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Tracy, CAFebruary 26, 2018
The best thing about this job was the free wine! Not sure if they still do that or not. The pay is pretty competitive. They have multiple locations and positions at this company.
Negative
Shipping (Former Employee) –  Ripon, CAJanuary 29, 2018
Its a revolving door, poor Healthcare. Managers only care about themselves. they arent organized at all, will tell you one thing then the next minute it will be something else. drafting is ridiculous.
bottling was a great department
Foreman (Former Employee) –  Ripon, CAJanuary 24, 2018
i had a good experience at the wine group..miss it..alot of overtime with was a good thing...pay is good...loved working with management,and foreman...i learned a lot ...thanks to everyone
Temporary Rework Team Member (Current Employee) –  Stockton, CAJanuary 15, 2018
The environment is peaceful workers have good communication with each other. If there’s a problem we solved it as a team. You don’t work alone everone helps each other. We have good safety rules.
Learn quick
Intern (Former Employee) –  Ripon, CAJanuary 2, 2018
A lot of what I learned I had to do by myself, but it really put me into the shoes of a real engineer and what would be required of me. It also taught me the complexity of the wine industry. The only negative part was that I was left to my own devices with no directions a few to many times.
Old facility but great place to work at.
General Wine Worker (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Soledad, CA 93960December 26, 2017
Everyone is given a task and for the most part you get to do something different every day. Although everyone is working on their assigned job, if one asks for help, they will gladly do so. Management is very understandable and they don't breath down your neck.
Pros
moderate pay, fast pace, good environment, good coworkers, and discount of wine.
Cons
old facility, machinery is worn, motion sensor lights do not work.
Constantly changing the wine industry.
Area Manager (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORDecember 12, 2017
The Wine Group is always looking for ways to make strides and become the industry leader. The products that hit the mainstream market are here one day gone the next in some cases. However, when we find a winner, we put all of our efforts behind it to help it grow into the monster brand we feel that it can be. It is a very fun and challenging place to work.
I can not properly write a review on TWG
Area Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 29, 2017
The Wine Group has changed a lot since I've worked for them. A review of the company at this time would not be fair. However when I did work with them, the organization was flat in structure and provide career advancement opportunities for those willing to relocate.
Great place for seasonal work
Ca- General Winery Worker (Former Employee) –  Ripon, CANovember 17, 2017
A very prejudice place to work if you are not euro-centric. Apart from racial tension, you get to work freely throughout the 8 hour shifts. It is very competitive with the other workers, but with hard work you can earn a position among the crew.
Horrible
Technical Operator (Former Employee) –  Ripon, CANovember 2, 2017
This job was terrible. Very poor training. Mandatory overtime with little or no warning. Stressful environment, a lot of micro managing extremely loud hard to hear instructions
The day on a forklift
Slapper & Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Livermore, CAOctober 18, 2017
In beginning of my shift i would put on my P.P.E. gear entering the where house. go over to the forklifts that'd be operating for the day. go over the safety checklist & make note to the repair log for repairs. go over to the bottled win boxes to see which wine was to be ship & check the loading pattern to be loaded into the trailers.Empty the corked glass & recycled card board into their dumpsters out side the where house. I would pelleted wine boxes into the tractor trailers until filled to their specifications, fill out an log sheet for the order of wine to be shipped.
Roductive
General Labor (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAOctober 13, 2017
Very fast pace and very easy I learned how to work with fedex system and also with excel on powerhouse maintaining safety and cleanliness and handling pallet jack
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Short breaks
Excellent employer
Corporate Events Manager (Former Employee) –  Glen Ellen, CAOctober 6, 2017
Excellent employer. Would highly recommend. Balanced work approach, great benefits, easy to obtain support, they value continuous education, jobs throughout the country.
Good company
Senior Buyer (Current Employee) –  Ripon, CAOctober 5, 2017
Very stable, good management, quality products, positive work environment, good teamwork, good opportunity to present new ideas, challenging oppotunities.
Pros
Stable, quality
Cons
Lack of advancement
Fun Workplace
JDE Techno Functional Consultant (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaAugust 15, 2017
Management and workplace culture is the best.
Involvement in work
Got many opportunities to learn new domains
Friendly and helpful.
Hardworking and goal oriented

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Wine Group. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

1.6Personal Development

2.4Career Opportunities

2.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight