The Wine Group Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
stressful work envirnment along with no technical help from upper mangement
TECHNICAL OPERATOR 3 (Former Employee) –  Ripon, CASeptember 1, 2018
The Wine Group was only my job for such a long time because it was a good paying job and I needed to support my family. Even though I didn't really get to see my family that much because I was stuck on an off shift for over seven years. I put in my time and I was well deserved to be given the day shift position but they transformed the company to save money but then their production efficiency decreased and they blamed the employees when it was clearly managements fault. The company does what ever they want and the union doesn't protect your job and is totally for the company. Management chooses certain people to advance in the company that they hand choose due to doing certain things for them.
Pros
Pay rate
Cons
managent doesnt care about your hard work there
Active and Prodcutive Environment
Intern - Technical Operations (Former Employee) –  Ripon, CA 95366August 28, 2018
My time as an intern would mostly consist of me coming into work at 7 AM to either get started on the projects my supervisor gave me or to immediately observe what the production schedule was for that day. I learned a lot about interpersonal communication at work, standard operating procedures for production lines, and the importance cooperation between the facility's different departments is. The hardest part of the job was having to wait for someone in a different department or a superior to provide the resources or clearance necessary to advance a project. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to get to work on a project at my desk and knowing that I had enough work to keep me occupied and focused for the rest of the day.
Education based, wine tastings
guest relations (Former Employee) –  Livermore, CAJuly 20, 2018
The Wine Group was an extremely amazing place to work, as the management would work to your strengths and develop all their employees to what was the best for that individual. I learned a lot about wine and wine pairing, along with the history of different wines. It was a strong team who worked well together.
Pros
Wine Tasting
Cons
inconsistent income (worked for tips)
Fast Paced, productive enviornment
Inventory Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Stockton, CAMay 17, 2018
After a daily tailgate meeting that provides the shipping outlook of the week and goes over the previous day's numbers, you will be working non stop save for breaks. Great employees though management is quite lacking. Hardest part of the job is the hours required to work each week, it can exceed 60 and can be tough on families depending on your shift rotation.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Quite a few
Not hard
Pump Operator (Former Employee) –  Greenfield, CAApril 26, 2018
Trying to find dream job been looking at a bunch of different jobs to see what I like in life. Looking for a yearly job so I can’t get laid off. Love RG
Negative experiance
Operations (Former Employee) –  Ripon, CAApril 19, 2018
Your training will be minimal at best. After that you are left to our own devices. A lot. Be prepared to work 10-12 hours most days. Often working 6 days. The focus on being "lean" means you are usually way over tasked, especially for the pay scale. I'm sure that not every position is like this so do as much research as you can. Go with your gut.
Pros
Wine sales and free tastings!
Cons
Poor work-life balance, lack of hands on training and development.
Never had a job like this one.
Master Machine Specialist (Former Employee) –  Ripon, CAApril 16, 2018
Managers and supervisors forever changing. Only wanting to do minimal repairs on equipment. Company tends to screw over employees due to being union and wanting union out.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Poor Management Ideas
great job the commute was to far away
Maint manager asistance/maint depart clerical (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAMarch 22, 2018
great job that i considerd a start of a career but after a year the commute was to far away for me to make a living wage at the position i was in and i was putting more miles on my car and wear and tare than i was making to keep up with it financaily
Pros
great work place and company
Cons
distance
great summer job
Sugar tester/ seasonal (Former Employee) –  Ripon, CAMarch 1, 2018
loved working every summer for 3 years as a sugar tester loved most of the staff worked with besides new supervisor, he wasn't clear for certain tasks or expected tasks not in your job to be down overall was great summer job and learning experience
Pros
milage pay, raise in pay every year great hours
Cons
short term work
The Wine Group
Customer Service Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Tracy, CAFebruary 26, 2018
The best thing about this job was the free wine! Not sure if they still do that or not. The pay is pretty competitive. They have multiple locations and positions at this company.
Negative
Shipping (Former Employee) –  Ripon, CAJanuary 29, 2018
Its a revolving door, poor Healthcare. Managers only care about themselves. they arent organized at all, will tell you one thing then the next minute it will be something else. drafting is ridiculous.
bottling was a great department
Foreman (Former Employee) –  Ripon, CAJanuary 24, 2018
i had a good experience at the wine group..miss it..alot of overtime with was a good thing...pay is good...loved working with management,and foreman...i learned a lot ...thanks to everyone
Temporary Rework Team Member (Current Employee) –  Stockton, CAJanuary 15, 2018
The environment is peaceful workers have good communication with each other. If there’s a problem we solved it as a team. You don’t work alone everone helps each other. We have good safety rules.
Learn quick
Intern (Former Employee) –  Ripon, CAJanuary 2, 2018
A lot of what I learned I had to do by myself, but it really put me into the shoes of a real engineer and what would be required of me. It also taught me the complexity of the wine industry. The only negative part was that I was left to my own devices with no directions a few to many times.
Old facility but great place to work at.
General Wine Worker (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Soledad, CA 93960December 26, 2017
Everyone is given a task and for the most part you get to do something different every day. Although everyone is working on their assigned job, if one asks for help, they will gladly do so. Management is very understandable and they don't breath down your neck.
Pros
moderate pay, fast pace, good environment, good coworkers, and discount of wine.
Cons
old facility, machinery is worn, motion sensor lights do not work.
Constantly changing the wine industry.
Area Manager (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORDecember 12, 2017
The Wine Group is always looking for ways to make strides and become the industry leader. The products that hit the mainstream market are here one day gone the next in some cases. However, when we find a winner, we put all of our efforts behind it to help it grow into the monster brand we feel that it can be. It is a very fun and challenging place to work.
I can not properly write a review on TWG
Area Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 29, 2017
The Wine Group has changed a lot since I've worked for them. A review of the company at this time would not be fair. However when I did work with them, the organization was flat in structure and provide career advancement opportunities for those willing to relocate.
Great place for seasonal work
Ca- General Winery Worker (Former Employee) –  Ripon, CANovember 17, 2017
A very prejudice place to work if you are not euro-centric. Apart from racial tension, you get to work freely throughout the 8 hour shifts. It is very competitive with the other workers, but with hard work you can earn a position among the crew.
Horrible
Technical Operator (Former Employee) –  Ripon, CANovember 2, 2017
This job was terrible. Very poor training. Mandatory overtime with little or no warning. Stressful environment, a lot of micro managing extremely loud hard to hear instructions
The day on a forklift
Slapper & Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Livermore, CAOctober 18, 2017
In beginning of my shift i would put on my P.P.E. gear entering the where house. go over to the forklifts that'd be operating for the day. go over the safety checklist & make note to the repair log for repairs. go over to the bottled win boxes to see which wine was to be ship & check the loading pattern to be loaded into the trailers.Empty the corked glass & recycled card board into their dumpsters out side the where house. I would pelleted wine boxes into the tractor trailers until filled to their specifications, fill out an log sheet for the order of wine to be shipped.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Wine Group. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.0InHerSight Score

1.6Personal Development

2.4Career Opportunities

2.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight