The Wireless Center - Verizon Wireless Premium Retailer

The Wireless Center - Verizon Wireless Premium Retailer Employee Reviews

Productive and friendly work environment
Sales Consultant/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mount Airy, MDSeptember 17, 2018
Never too slow with regards to foot traffic, great managers/management. Good learning environment for a sales-oriented workplace. I learned a sales process that worked every time, as well as opening and closing procedures that kept the store clean and never opened late or closed early. The hardest part of the job was probably when foot traffic was high or certain store goals were not met for whatever reason. Other than that, fantastic workplace with great people.
Pros
Goal-oriented workplace, good people and great managers
Cons
Sometimes no break due to foot traffic, goals sometimes seemed unattainable
Mixed feelings
Management Trainee (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake Beach, MDAugust 5, 2018
I learned quite a lot, manager experience wise. It's very inconsistent. I had 4 different managers the entire time I was there. The entire staff changed. Many people left, and switched to different company. I continued to make top sales, keep my conversion high, excluding slow months. My customers adored me and always came to me when it came to sales. I took my time with things, but they were set on doing questionable things. I was not a major fan. I do enjoy selling and I'm great with people.
Pros
Convient breaks
Cons
Inconsistency and no structure or balance in leadership
More bad than worse
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  VirginiaJuly 11, 2018
The money is great only if you are a manager of a high traffic store, besides that you make horrible pay for the work that is required.

Upper management is the reason why this company is going to fail.

Learn how to properly treat managers and employees. Company gets into a habit of providing tongue lashings and degradation of character instead of preventative measures and hands on training. DMs literally do nothing besides yell at managers, attend meetings and get paid off of no work of their own.

They do not value hard working, tenured employees.
Pros
Pay (if at a high traffic store)
Cons
Benefits, work/life balance, Upper management
Find Something Else
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAJune 28, 2018
Unless you are a criminal or desperate for work, there are other and better places to be. Management only cares about money but at least you have the freedom to goof off as much as you want.
Extremely cut throat and racist
Manager (Former Employee) –  Middle River, MDJune 11, 2018
Do not work here, I would not recommend this job to anyone. Working at McDonald's would be better. Extreme lack of leadership you are over worked and under paid. The higher ups find any reason to fire you. Very unprofessional. I don't think this company will be around for too long !!!! They get no customers in the stores at all and their highest profit is around $10,000 for a month. The highest commission check is around $500.00 trust me do not work for this company. It lacks leadership no direction and no professionalism. And if you take a management position expect to not have any days off because they have no staff. You will never have a day off.
Pros
N/a
Cons
Everything the worst company ever
Productive and Fun workplace
Communications Specialist (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAJune 3, 2018
Verizon Wireless is a fast paced company that offers many opportunities for career growth. The culture is very relaxed and flexible. Management is always involved and have an open door policy.
Costumer service
Verizon Wireless Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  11431 Rockville pike mdMay 17, 2018
Typically work is slow I've learned how to speak to people better my communication skills the best part of my job is my lunch break I enjoy eating at different restaurants around the area
Pros
Free fios equipment
Cons
Short breaks
Official response from The Wireless Center - Verizon Wireless Premium Retailer
May 29, 2018

Hi,

Can you please clarify the problems you had working with TWC? We value your opinions and want to make sure we're not missing anything here.

Thank you.

High turnover and change of upper management
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  NYMay 15, 2018
I worked there for less than a year and had 3 different District Managers in that time. Each one less effective than the last. They do illegal things with people's hard earned commission and every month you're left fighting for every penny because their systems are so antiquated that if you don't check up on your money, you will lose it.
Pros
Made my own schedule
Cons
Slow store that they would not do any ad for, literally steals your money
Official response from The Wireless Center - Verizon Wireless Premium Retailer
May 29, 2018

Hi and thank you for your time and for bringing this to our attention.

We pride ourselves on culture and honesty, so we’re disappointed to hear about your experience working with TWC. Please give us a call at 571-409-7550 so we can discuss the matter further.

Thanks again for your honest opinion, we look forward to hearing from you.

it's a job
Communications Consultant (Current Employee) –  Newton, NJ 07860March 26, 2018
I can't say I hate it here, it's a job and we need jobs to survive. It's not my dream job, but it's better than having no job. You might never meet you superiors at this job. They call a lot and expect you to sell everything but never really come in and help out. It's a lot of telling other people to tell the next person what to do,
Pros
You get sales experience
Cons
They hire management positions from outside of the company instead of promoting internally
Not to bad
Telecommunications Sales representative (Former Employee) –  Ranson, WVMarch 2, 2018
Working at the wireless center wasn't all that bad until the new year. The company decided to remove hours from all the employees simply because they did not make a lot of money the previous month. Long story short the company didn't really care about the employees only their profits.
not a bad company if youre hungry
Store Manager/Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  MarylandJanuary 29, 2018
if you are complacent it is not for you
I have no complaints
there is room for advancement
its whatever you make of it
If you can sell to businesses, you can sell fios, and tablets youre hired and they will take care of you
If you cant sell or youre lazy it will suck
Bad Place to work
Inventory Manager (Former Employee) –  Parma, OHNovember 10, 2017
Management used me and my team to grow the company to what it became, we were drastically underpaid. Used us to build then used us to train new employees and phase us out
Come prepared
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Windsor, VAOctober 30, 2017
be prepared to learn everything very quickly. very busy and hectic if you are looking for employment and are a single parent. very competitive market.
Just like any Premium Cellular Sales company
Multi-Store Manager / Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Sparta, NJOctober 28, 2017
Same metrics are used by all Premium Retailers and TWC is no different... they stress conversion as the bread and butter of sales.

So if you do not feel like your conversion percentage is solid... then you should work here
Worst Management ever
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Lynchburg, VASeptember 14, 2017
This company is full of crooks looking to exploit and take advantage of thier employees and any customer that comes to them. No transparency in sales or profits the company will make thier money regardless of what Verizon has to say about it.
Pros
An opportunity for people who lack options
Cons
Poor management low pay
bad turn over for a reason
Communication Consultant (Current Employee) –  Chatham, VAAugust 3, 2017
location may as well be a help desk or payment center turnover is horrible if someone is hired worth keeping they are too good for the job and pay. impossible to make goal let alone commission
Pros
close at 8pm
Cons
where do i start
Not a bad company.
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHJuly 20, 2017
Work days were long but fun atmosphere. I liked the competitive nature and always striving to be the best. Phone sales is a good industry if you have a good comp plan.
great work place
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAMarch 27, 2017
Good chance for people looking for good money and plenty of room for growth as the company is expanding. Management is always pushing and applying different tactics to sales.
Fine as long as your store gets enough traffic
Communications Consultant (Former Employee) –  Walkersville, MDFebruary 15, 2017
If your store gets the traffic it needs everything will be good. If not, eh... All in all it's pretty good. The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with the customers. You get the time to just talk with them.
Fun/Exciting company with room to grow
Upper Management (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, VAFebruary 11, 2017
In 2013, I started as a sales rep with little experience. By understanding the comp structure (no cap btw), and under great management, I worked my way to an assistant manager then eventually my own store. The atmosphere is exciting and challenging and the people are dedicated and competitive, which I love. Everyone who is higher up management is so talented and I've learned a lot about effectively managing a team and also about myself as a person. I have so much respect for the company. And if it weren't for the market manager and the regional manager, I would not be where I am today.
Pros
no cap commission structure, exciting/challenging
Cons
health insurance based out of Ohio

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Wireless Center - Verizon Wireless Premium Retailer. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about