The Wonderful Company LLC Employee Reviews

Energetic, Effecient
Line lead, Forklift driver and inventory (Former Employee) –  Donna, TXJuly 17, 2019
my day would start at 3 a.m. clock -in, check orders for the day, Check all fruit we have available to run, check my lift, set-up lines accordingly to what we have available: bring out fruit bins, set-up RPC's if order requires it and size, have my box makers feed the line the box type needed for the orders and quanity needed so they know when prepare next set of boxes or come downstairs to prepare RPC's for the next order, each line has 3 forklift drivers 1 to bring fruit 1 to bring pallets and other materials needed to keep line running and 1 to remove finished pallets to wrapper then to shipping, my operator would keep all tables filled, my PTI's controlled labels for finished pallets before being removed from line and keeping track of pallets made per order and making sure they all get done and keeping track or sizes able to use per customer request , and my packers made sure everything is packed accurately in quantity and quality and at a efficient pace but all in all we all have to communicate and work together for everything to run smooth, efficiently and progress our skills in our positions my job duties was to make sure everything ran accordingly to plan and no mistakes were made to keep all areas clean and free of debris, write my reports on the board in the line and submit to my superiors at the end of the day , gathering everyone when they came in the morning into the cafeteria for safety meeting every single day and practicing those safety procedures to better protect everyone from any accident that can be avoided thru common sense and knowledge of these issues  more... in everyday facilities and even at home. but overall it was one of my best jobs and sadly it was seasonal and i no longer live in the area to work next season.  less
Culture of Fear is Palpable
Proofreader/Copy Editor (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 12, 2019
There is a culture of fear here that drives everybody. It starts at the top with the owners and filters all the way to the mail room. The job itself is okay but the people who work here seem to be constantly afraid of losing their job.
Benefits
Cons
Management has no idea how to treat employees; culture of fear is omnipresent.
Not nice people to work for
Communications Director (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 11, 2019
I wished I'd listened to the advice of others before taking the position. The owners and senior leaders create a climate of fear and seem to enjoy belittling and demeaning people. The worst company culture I've ever experienced.
Excelente
CIVIL CONTRACTOR (Current Employee) –  Barcelona Estates, GAApril 4, 2019
Segun la evaluacion realizada la eficiencia de esta empresa es de forma entusiasta y buen perfil,gracias.
Pros
Perfecto
Cons
Se disfruta el descanso
Summary
Senior Director of National Accounts (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 27, 2019
Overall provides opportunity for expedited skill set enhancement due to lack of organizational leadership to add required support positions. Company provides very little training on high profile positions leaving the individuals to figure it out themselves yet they are immediately held responsible for all goals set for account base with little input
Pros
Gain new skill set- able to gain customer experience quickly-
Cons
poor leadership- unrealistic goals- unwilling to add head count for needed positions
Great Concept but not carried through to senior level directors
Corporate EHS Manager (Former Employee) –  Delano, CAMarch 3, 2019
First and foremost, Titles mean nothing, I had a room full of directors from the same department. The only way people there get a raise is through promotion. So it would not be odd to see a department of 5 all directors. However, the department heads promote without justification so its more of, who is your buddy rather than performance. Extroverts are promoted quickly while introverts pretty much don't promote at all. The business is built around extroverts personality. If your lucky enough to get into a department that supports both as a team, and there are a couple within the corporation the job is awesome. If not, you will be pushed aside until you quit.
Cons
Management is allowed to run unchecked and permitted to do as they please.
Working for IT is a REALLY BAD decision
IT (Current Employee) –  Delano, CAFebruary 8, 2019
Toxic work environment.
Do so at your own discretion.
As soon as I started working here, the current manager quit and was replaced by another individual that was fired from one of the other companies. A few months in and they were harassing me to switch schedules when they hired me for a specific one.
This place does not promote learning from others.
The help desk is required to know how to engineer level jobs at an entry level pay.
The Delano facility IT employees are considered the work horse for all other companies, such as Fiji, Citrus (California, Texas, Mexico), POM, LA.
Great benefits
Senior Director, Global Sourcing (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 4, 2019
The Wonderful Company has a great benefits package. They take care of their employees and are philanthropic. Working for the company can be challenging as it can be quite demanding.
Nice place to work, lots of perks
Accounts Payable (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 29, 2018
I was at Wonderful for 13+ years. Over that time, I saw many changes both in management and in the culture. Overall, I would have to say that in my experience, my co-workers were all really nice and approachable regardless of status.
Toxic environment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CANovember 14, 2018
This company may have all the good benefits and wages but it comes at a huge price! This place is so toxic and they treat employees like garbage! Working here was so horrible. Management yells and treats you so abusive it is like being in an abusive relationship! Shame on this company for allowing such toxicity.
benefits
Cons
horrible environment
Horrible Place to Work if you are close to senior management.
Director (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CANovember 5, 2018
Cut-throat and backstabbing culture. No work-life balance whatsoever and treats their employees horribly. It's a culture of fear. From day one it felt as though everyone thought they were about to lose their job and for minor reasons. Your expected to arrive, not speak to anyone and just keep your head down. Just waiting for your "turn in the barrel". Lesson learned: don't trust anyone.
Wonderful Company
Executive Assistant to the VP of Global Sourcing (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 9, 2018
Opportunity to work with a diverse group of people, learn from a variety of businesses that are part of the holding company. Offers opportunity to cross train and be challenged.
pass
Corporate Communications Associate (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 27, 2018
Can be fun if you are on a god time but overall not great. Some nice perks like a cafeteria and company parties but not much advancement and senior management is super difficult. Incredibly high turnover.
fast pace, a lot of work to keep busy
Systems/Desktop Support Engineer (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 13, 2018
day to day work are, assist end user via phone, emails, and walk up.
environment is good, no place for growth.
no overtime. no place to advance for higher position.
Pros
na
Cons
na
Wine might be good but they treat employees like trash
Bottle line operator (Former Employee) –  Paso Robles, CAJuly 18, 2018
Thought this would be a good company to work for considering the different company branches it has but boy was I wrong. First off I never seen employees so scared of management . They show you how easy you can be replaced. I only worked there 3 months and seen 1 person quit because of stress at work and 2 others get fired. On my last days there I got a write up for not showing effort and I told them they hired me to operate the machines not stack boxes so I wasn’t happy with my position. Sure enough a few days later they give me my last check and tell me it’s my last day. When I asked if we get 3 warnings before termination ,they told me it’s an at will state( they can fire you for no reason). Shows me how much they care about their employees
Pros
Discounts with company branches and benefits
Cons
Poor pay and trash management
No bueno
Chef (Former Employee) –  Delano, CAMay 28, 2018
Benefits awesome. But management is a joke . Don't do it not worth all the drama and stress in that kitchen .........................................
First class in many respects
Lean Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Delano, CAMay 15, 2018
Surrounded by knowledgeable, intelligent people I was excited to begin work. The pace was slow initially, but picked up and once things began it became increasingly hectic. The company is privately owned and remarkably un-bureaucratic despite its enormity. By far the most philanthropic of any organization I have ever been affiliated with. Amazing team building culture throughout the company.
Pros
Aviation Division, decent budget for travel expenses
Cons
way too much travel, time away from family, sporadic group firings
Manager of Philanthropy (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 29, 2018
Management and work culture is poor, at best. The company offers incredible benefits, but it doesn't make up for the destructive leadership that exists. I would not recommend the company, unless you really want your whole life to revolve around work.
good company
Permanent Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 3, 2018
Company is profitable, pays a little low but the benefits package is unreal. good technology and good people. work and life balance could improve by hiring more resources.
Amazing place to work buuuuut.....
NA (Current Employee) –  Mission, TXNovember 22, 2017
The company itself is a great place to work. The benefits are great and the freedom to be your own person is unbelievable. The only drawback to the company is some of the management. I've seen managers talk down to their subordinates, peers, and higher ups with no action taken. I believe this multibillion dollar corporation could be even better if they focused on hiring the right people for the job.
benefits
Cons
management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Wonderful Company LLC. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9

Women's ratings

2.5Fairygodboss Score

0%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

0%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss