The Young Agency

The Young Agency Employee Reviews

United States5 reviews
foot in the door
use this as your intro to the industry. weekly staff meetings. nice staff. owner and ceo are very nice. building needs to be updated to more of a "modeling agency" look and feel. More organization and management.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
high turnover rate
They try to hustle people to make money of the innocent parents who don't know much about modeling.
I paid 600 for a photoshoot without a stylist or make-up/hair artist. Its been three months and I have still yet to shoot it.
The work was very strenuous and stressful at The Young Agency.
I had two jobs at the Young Agency as a model and as an administrative assistant. As a model, I was rarely given enough opportunities to get a good gig. All the modeling gigs were for experience not pay. The whole model/talent portion seems very precarious and seemed like a scam.
As an administrative assistant I was given many jobs like on-boarding, marketing, and scheduling on top of answering the phones, maintaining emails, and greeting walk-ins. I was yelled at a lot by management which made it much too stressful. My wages broke down to about five dollars an hour which wasn't enough for all the work I was doing.
Pros
customer service experience
Cons
no breaks, no promotions, low wages, highly stressful environment, no modeling gigs
Fun place to learn
I attended acting and modeling training and received photos. It was fun. I learned runway modeling, acting, and makeup artistry. I was involved in a fashion show and did a day of pampering for women at homeless shelter.
Pros
pictures included, training, photo shoots
Cons
no guaranteed work
Fun enviornment with advancements.
A typical day could include traveling to different locations to model or promote fashion. I learned how to promote items of need for other designers in the industry. Working as a model, you learn from the true center of the fashion world, how every part of it works, and how each part of fashion connects together. Working with some of the top individuals in fashion, the experience is always something that is exciting and very humbling. The hardest part of the job would have to be the time periods when you are waiting for your next job.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Young Agency. Our community is ready to answer.
2.5