ThedaCare Employee Reviews

The best job I have had so far.
Dining Services (Current Employee) –  Neenah, WIJuly 18, 2018
I love working at ThedaCare. I just want to move up and start a career that I have wanted to do for a long time. I would definitely recommend this job to anyone that is interested.
Good company
Finance Director-Operations (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIJuly 10, 2018
The most enjoyable part of my job was the people. A typical day was working with staff and leadership. No two days were alike. Workplace culture was energetic and fast paced.
Pros
Good work environment
Cons
Work life balance out of sync
Positive work environment
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WI 54915July 6, 2018
I loved working at ThedaCare Peabody Manor. My coworkers were fun, and we always worked amazingly as a team. The only thing that sometimes bothered me was how people higher up (doctors and nursing directors) would act far superior to CNAs. Aside from that, overall it was a great place of work and I would recommend this place to anyone. Good benefits too
Pros
Fun activities
Cons
n/a
Lots of opportunties
Patient Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIJuly 5, 2018
lots of opportunities , management was never around. it was hard t transfer within the company. The staff was always changing and not always enough staff.
busy
Medical/Cardiac RN (Current Employee) –  Neenah, WIJune 30, 2018
busy floor. important information was learned and we helped our patients with medication and bathing. discussed with patients importance of health and maintenance.
Wore many hats
Trainer/Instructor (Current Employee) –  Appleton, WIJune 10, 2018
The first 20 years of working at ThedaCare I was given plenty of job opportunities. In the last 10 years I no longer feel valued nor am I given chances for further promotion. I've been given added responsibility without added pay and I never feel that I have job security.
Cons
Health Insurance is high, with high deductibles.
Process Improvement
Mental Health Therapist (Former Employee) –  Menasha, WIMay 24, 2018
One of the most impressive aspects of ThedaCare revolved around their passion for process improvement. All divisions of ThedaCare was involved in these process improvement events and they were celebrated as an organization. This one of the areas I miss the most.
Pros
Process Improvement
Fabulous organization and leading, learning organization of Lean in Healthcare
Improvement System Facilitator (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIMay 18, 2018
When I was at ThedaCare the culture was highly collaborative. I learned so much and would not be where I am today without it. Provided so many opportunities to learn and felt highly valued.
ThedaCare-Don't go there
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Appleton, WIMay 4, 2018
Run away from this place. Current management fired a lot of top management and many are leaving due to fear. There is no communication as to what is going on at Thedacare. The good things such as the Follies and systemwide picnic are gone. Most good workers are leaving and what is left is staff that are looking for other jobs or those that can't go anywhere else. It is a very depressing work environment. Management is only looking out for the bottom line to look good. No concern for staff. Most departments are short staffed because no one wants to work at ThedaCare.
Pros
It is a job
Cons
Benefit cut every year, no direction from management
Excited to see what the next five years hold!
Director (Current Employee) –  Appleton, WIApril 30, 2018
Yes, we have a new CEO and Administration. And while they got to know and understand the company, there were challenges. However, this leadership team is completely focused on delivering top decile quality care to our communities. There is alignment in systems and processes that recognize and incentivize positive behavior, an HR strategy (woohoo!), and leadership that knows and understands where the organization must go and has the courage, knowledge, and ability to get us there. Excited to see what the next five years hold!
The work environment was stressful.
MEDICAL CODING/INTAKE COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIApril 29, 2018
Coded home care and hospice charts for optimal reimbursement. The environment was stressful in that the ideas of the employees were not valued by management. I valued the continued medical knowledge that I gained while working there. I enjoyed working with the team.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Stressful enviornment
It can be a great place
Quality (Current Employee) –  AppletonApril 24, 2018
Thedacare has been a great place to work until this past year when the new CEO leadership team came on board. High stress, no leadership direction, lots of team members leaving. Culture is every person for themselves. Hope they can turn it around before many more leave. It used to be a great place to work with deep community roots for caring and giving to patients and team members. Right now, feels like they are getting it ready for sale and do not care about long term employees.
Pros
Great team members
Cons
Leadership changes
Great Place to work
Rehab Specialist (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIApril 19, 2018
ThedaCare is a first rate employer. Worked in the At Home division.
The culture was high paced with very caring employees. Everyday was a new challenge to help the customers.
Opportunities Abound
Application Analyst II (Current Employee) –  Appleton, WIApril 18, 2018
Working in ThedaCare IT is great. Leadership is very forward thinking and does a great job of developing employees. As an Epic Analyst you have numerous opportunities to go to Epic for training and development. Development planning for analysts helps get you to the next career phases as an analyst.

The new CEO has brought in a great vision as well as a leadership team that is energized to move the organization forward.
Thedacare
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIApril 17, 2018
A challenging place to work. Coworkers were easy to work with. You would be able to take vacation with family. Hours were manageable. Location was good.
Production and patient services
Patient Service Representative (PSR) (Current Employee) –  Oshkosh, WIApril 15, 2018
Great family friend place. High turn over rate. Low pay and no room for negation.
Team organization with all levels of staff. Safe in all parts of the job.
Pros
8 hr shifts
Cons
Low pay
high stress
DINING SERVICES SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Appleton, WIApril 12, 2018
Always working short. Never enough staff. Recruiters can't bring in new candidates fast enough. Little opportunity for advancement. Haven't received an official performance review in over 5 years. Saving money seems more important than having an engaged staff with high morale.
Avoid ThedaCare On Call and the Resource Team
Patient Services Representative—ThedaCare On Call (Former Employee) –  Corporate—Downtown AppletonApril 5, 2018
Job, hours, and environment were not what was portrayed in the interview. The manager and supervisor are basically non-existent and immature in handling situations. The morale is horrendous and everyone is wanting to leave. Because they are short staffed they just keep wanting people to work more and more. Until there is new management, I would avoid working here.
No investment in your career advancement.
HRIS Senior Applications Analyst (Current Employee) –  Appleton, WIMarch 26, 2018
I've been at ThedaCare for 20 years in an IT role. Only during the first five years of that did my manager see it worthwhile to send me to Oracle classes to advance my career and achieve certifications. The 15 years after that my managers would not send me to any training and even during the last 7 years wouldn't even allow me to go to any conference for the vendors I was supporting. In IT, certification and conferences are major learning opportunities in any IT role and to be denied those is frankly abusive.

The management only valued training for nursing/medical staff.

I've been through 4 CEO changes at ThedaCare. The new CEO that started a year ago I am dubious of. Many long term staff let go abruptly and feels as if attempting to position ThedaCare for acquisition.
great caregiving staff
Patient Care Coordinator Home (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIMarch 18, 2018
staff were expected to take on too much responsibility, Often extra patient visits were added to a nurse's schedule. Very independent work environment, good cooperation amongst staff
Pros
Great staff, excellent patient care
Cons
often asked to work too many hours than expected

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ThedaCare. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.6InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

2.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight