ThedaCare Employee Reviews

hostile work environment
Registered Nurse - Surgical (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WINovember 11, 2018
retention bonus was not offered to current employee's, so they were angry at new employee's for bonus given. orientation inconsistent little help during orientation.
Pros
good pay
Cons
angry employee's
Currently chaotic
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Appleton, WINovember 7, 2018
Extremely poor mid - management in certain divisions. New top level leadership making good changes but it will be a long, painful process. Experience/years of service is not valued. Employees are just a number and a body.
Great company
Operating Room Assistant (Former Employee) –  Neenah, WIOctober 31, 2018
Theda Care Regional Medical Center is a great place to work. You have great benefits and great hours depending on what department you work in. Overall good place to work.
Large organization with caring staff
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIOctober 12, 2018
Exceptional staff providing great care to community. With size of organization there can be inconsistencies in employee/leadership relationships between departments.
Culture driven organization, wiith high degree of independence, values driven
Senior Vice President (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WISeptember 29, 2018
At my level there really wasn't what you could call a typical day. Each day would be focused on the biggest opportunity.
You were not only allowed to learn each day, it was a job expection.
Management was focused on making progress towards long-term strategies. The focus was on improvement, not fire-fighting.
The hardest thing was to resist the tendency to fire-fight.
The most enjoyment was to see the team or term members make a break-trough.
Pros
Great culture to work in. CEO lead industry break troughs
Cons
too many formal meetings
Amazing Coworkers
Medical Coder (Current Employee) –  Appleton, WISeptember 25, 2018
I work with some really great coworkers. There is an emphasis on a team environment. There is room to grow and advance. Education on various things is provided.
Productive and good workplace culture
ACO clinical reviewer (Current Employee) –  Appleton, WISeptember 12, 2018
There have been several transitions in leadership over the past 15 months but I feel it has been for the better, making the system stronger. I love working with my coworkers - they are respectful, willing to teach, and share experiences. My manager is caring and pushes you to learn and try new things. I really like my job, only looking for a different job if I could work from home - save miles on my vehicle
So sad
Technician (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WISeptember 10, 2018
Over all there are far worse companies out there. I also know that it is difficult in today's market/world for healthcare in general.
However, Thedacare's management has been poor for so long that many departments have a very high turn over rate. I myself worked there for over 20 years. I only left because I could no longer handle the hostile, negative and unhealthy work environment.
Shortly before leaving the company began changing management. I hope it works for the better, I really do for the patients and the employees.
Pros
Still receive pto, some help towards tuition, 403b
Cons
Stress, turn over rates, poor management, poor to no moral
Very fast-paced
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Neenah, WISeptember 9, 2018
I enjoyed the people I worked with. The management has just recently changed so I have not given that much of a chance to do anything because I would like a change myself.
Pros
Good food
Cons
Every other weekend
good place to work for physicians
psychiatrist (Current Employee) –  Menasha, WISeptember 1, 2018
Everything about ThedaCare is above average. I especially appreciate the management letting us decide our own work schedule, and quality over quantity in terms of patient care.
Rude & unprofessional Human Resources & executive management team
Marketing and communications (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIAugust 21, 2018
Rude, unprofessional, & discriminatory Human Resources & executive management team. Lack of accountability & passive aggressive, politicalically motvated behavior.
Pros
Cons
Rude, unprofessional, & discriminatory Human Resources & management
I learned a lot while working here and doing clinicals through school
Telemetry Technician (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIAugust 14, 2018
It's a great learning environment with many great people to work with. I loved doing clinicals through school at both Theda and AMC. I also thoroughly enjoyed working at both locations.
Very flexible
CERTIFIED NURSING ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Neenah, WIJuly 27, 2018
They are able to work with your schedule so you can work around your life. It is a helpful place to explained your skills and learn. I would recommend this job to CNA’s that want to expand their knowledge.
Lack of Support
Manager (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIJuly 24, 2018
Very difficult to complete work due to lack of leadership support and resources.
Continuously working without adequate staffing to provide safe and high quality care. A noticeable unwillingness of VP leadership to support strategies to recruit/hire.
Benefits
Cons
not supported
The best job I have had so far.
Dining Services (Current Employee) –  Neenah, WIJuly 18, 2018
I love working at ThedaCare. I just want to move up and start a career that I have wanted to do for a long time. I would definitely recommend this job to anyone that is interested.
Fun place to work with great people
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Appleton, WIJuly 18, 2018
ThedaCare is a good company to work for unfortunately it doesn't allow for much advancement with my Associates degree. ThedaCare isa avery friendly environment with wonderful management in the department that i worked in. Staff is very friendly and willing to go out of their way to help in any way they can.
fun workplace
Cook (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIJuly 13, 2018
i did a number of duties with this job. I had interactions with patients and enjoyed that very much. I also worked with food. There is no typical work day with this job. Every day is different. I learned that i enjoy working with people. Being a shy person, i didn't think i would like interacting with the patients but i got to enjoy that part of the job very much. I enjoyed the time i work in the kitchen and i enjoyed the time i could go meet the patients and bring them their food.
Pros
bringing patience their food and seeing them light up with joy
Good company
Finance Director-Operations (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIJuly 10, 2018
The most enjoyable part of my job was the people. A typical day was working with staff and leadership. No two days were alike. Workplace culture was energetic and fast paced.
Pros
Good work environment
Cons
Work life balance out of sync
Positive work environment
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WI 54915July 6, 2018
I loved working at ThedaCare Peabody Manor. My coworkers were fun, and we always worked amazingly as a team. The only thing that sometimes bothered me was how people higher up (doctors and nursing directors) would act far superior to CNAs. Aside from that, overall it was a great place of work and I would recommend this place to anyone. Good benefits too
Pros
Fun activities
Cons
n/a
Lots of opportunties
Patient Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIJuly 5, 2018
lots of opportunities , management was never around. it was hard t transfer within the company. The staff was always changing and not always enough staff.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ThedaCare. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.6InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

2.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight