ThedaCare Employee Reviews

Productive and good workplace culture
ACO clinical reviewer (Current Employee) –  Appleton, WISeptember 12, 2018
There have been several transitions in leadership over the past 15 months but I feel it has been for the better, making the system stronger. I love working with my coworkers - they are respectful, willing to teach, and share experiences. My manager is caring and pushes you to learn and try new things. I really like my job, only looking for a different job if I could work from home - save miles on my vehicle
So sad
Technician (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WISeptember 10, 2018
Over all there are far worse companies out there. I also know that it is difficult in today's market/world for healthcare in general.
However, Thedacare's management has been poor for so long that many departments have a very high turn over rate. I myself worked there for over 20 years. I only left because I could no longer handle the hostile, negative and unhealthy work environment.
Shortly before leaving the company began changing management. I hope it works for the better, I really do for the patients and the employees.
Pros
Still receive pto, some help towards tuition, 403b
Cons
Stress, turn over rates, poor management, poor to no moral
Very fast-paced
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Neenah, WISeptember 9, 2018
I enjoyed the people I worked with. The management has just recently changed so I have not given that much of a chance to do anything because I would like a change myself.
Pros
Good food
Cons
Every other weekend
good place to work for physicians
psychiatrist (Current Employee) –  Menasha, WISeptember 1, 2018
Everything about ThedaCare is above average. I especially appreciate the management letting us decide our own work schedule, and quality over quantity in terms of patient care.
Rude & unprofessional Human Resources & executive management team
Marketing and communications (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIAugust 21, 2018
Rude, unprofessional, & discriminatory Human Resources & executive management team. Lack of accountability & passive aggressive, politicalically motvated behavior.
Pros
Cons
Rude, unprofessional, & discriminatory Human Resources & management
I learned a lot while working here and doing clinicals through school
Telemetry Technician (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIAugust 14, 2018
It's a great learning environment with many great people to work with. I loved doing clinicals through school at both Theda and AMC. I also thoroughly enjoyed working at both locations.
Very flexible
CERTIFIED NURSING ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Neenah, WIJuly 27, 2018
They are able to work with your schedule so you can work around your life. It is a helpful place to explained your skills and learn. I would recommend this job to CNA’s that want to expand their knowledge.
Lack of Support
Manager (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIJuly 24, 2018
Very difficult to complete work due to lack of leadership support and resources.
Continuously working without adequate staffing to provide safe and high quality care. A noticeable unwillingness of VP leadership to support strategies to recruit/hire.
Benefits
Cons
not supported
The best job I have had so far.
Dining Services (Current Employee) –  Neenah, WIJuly 18, 2018
I love working at ThedaCare. I just want to move up and start a career that I have wanted to do for a long time. I would definitely recommend this job to anyone that is interested.
Fun place to work with great people
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Appleton, WIJuly 18, 2018
ThedaCare is a good company to work for unfortunately it doesn't allow for much advancement with my Associates degree. ThedaCare isa avery friendly environment with wonderful management in the department that i worked in. Staff is very friendly and willing to go out of their way to help in any way they can.
fun workplace
Cook (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIJuly 13, 2018
i did a number of duties with this job. I had interactions with patients and enjoyed that very much. I also worked with food. There is no typical work day with this job. Every day is different. I learned that i enjoy working with people. Being a shy person, i didn't think i would like interacting with the patients but i got to enjoy that part of the job very much. I enjoyed the time i work in the kitchen and i enjoyed the time i could go meet the patients and bring them their food.
Pros
bringing patience their food and seeing them light up with joy
Good company
Finance Director-Operations (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIJuly 10, 2018
The most enjoyable part of my job was the people. A typical day was working with staff and leadership. No two days were alike. Workplace culture was energetic and fast paced.
Pros
Good work environment
Cons
Work life balance out of sync
Positive work environment
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WI 54915July 6, 2018
I loved working at ThedaCare Peabody Manor. My coworkers were fun, and we always worked amazingly as a team. The only thing that sometimes bothered me was how people higher up (doctors and nursing directors) would act far superior to CNAs. Aside from that, overall it was a great place of work and I would recommend this place to anyone. Good benefits too
Pros
Fun activities
Cons
n/a
Lots of opportunties
Patient Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIJuly 5, 2018
lots of opportunities , management was never around. it was hard t transfer within the company. The staff was always changing and not always enough staff.
busy
Medical/Cardiac RN (Current Employee) –  Neenah, WIJune 30, 2018
busy floor. important information was learned and we helped our patients with medication and bathing. discussed with patients importance of health and maintenance.
Wore many hats
Trainer/Instructor (Current Employee) –  Appleton, WIJune 10, 2018
The first 20 years of working at ThedaCare I was given plenty of job opportunities. In the last 10 years I no longer feel valued nor am I given chances for further promotion. I've been given added responsibility without added pay and I never feel that I have job security.
Cons
Health Insurance is high, with high deductibles.
Process Improvement
Mental Health Therapist (Former Employee) –  Menasha, WIMay 24, 2018
One of the most impressive aspects of ThedaCare revolved around their passion for process improvement. All divisions of ThedaCare was involved in these process improvement events and they were celebrated as an organization. This one of the areas I miss the most.
Pros
Process Improvement
Fabulous organization and leading, learning organization of Lean in Healthcare
Improvement System Facilitator (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIMay 18, 2018
When I was at ThedaCare the culture was highly collaborative. I learned so much and would not be where I am today without it. Provided so many opportunities to learn and felt highly valued.
ThedaCare-Don't go there
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Appleton, WIMay 4, 2018
Run away from this place. Current management fired a lot of top management and many are leaving due to fear. There is no communication as to what is going on at Thedacare. The good things such as the Follies and systemwide picnic are gone. Most good workers are leaving and what is left is staff that are looking for other jobs or those that can't go anywhere else. It is a very depressing work environment. Management is only looking out for the bottom line to look good. No concern for staff. Most departments are short staffed because no one wants to work at ThedaCare.
Pros
It is a job
Cons
Benefit cut every year, no direction from management
Excited to see what the next five years hold!
Director (Current Employee) –  Appleton, WIApril 30, 2018
Yes, we have a new CEO and Administration. And while they got to know and understand the company, there were challenges. However, this leadership team is completely focused on delivering top decile quality care to our communities. There is alignment in systems and processes that recognize and incentivize positive behavior, an HR strategy (woohoo!), and leadership that knows and understands where the organization must go and has the courage, knowledge, and ability to get us there. Excited to see what the next five years hold!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ThedaCare. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.6InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

2.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight