ThedaCare Pay & Benefits reviews

CMA/LPN (Current Employee) –  New London, WIJune 15, 2019
Great environment to work in. Would still be there if not for relocation out of state. Great Benefits and flexible schedules !!!! Love the rural hospital and able to work and learn many new skills
The Wal-mart of healthcare
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIMay 22, 2019
The assumption by the general public is that when working for a healthcare organization like ThedaCare, that employee benefits such as health insurance are affordable and provixe really great coverage. That is simply not true. Employee health insurance premiums increase annually with very little raise or feeling of appreciation while working for ThedaCare. On a positive, tuition reimbursement is $2500/year, yet this is really low standard if ThedaCare was interested in being an employer of choice. Curious the annual salaries of the executives here as well as board members. For being a non-profit organization, it has a strong oligarchical feel. Nurses were not recognized yet doctors were recognized. RNs are treated poorly, almost to the point of envy by HR leaders. Eliminated Baylor plan, nurses are not viewed as any more important than administrative staff (to their own detriment). Work, work, work for less, less, less is their mantra... I hope it improves as ThedaCare is one of the largest employers in NE Wisconsin and therefore have a social responsibility...ought to treat employees better through incentives, both financial and otherwise, remain non-partisan especially given their non-profit status, and give greater benefits to its employees (not just the ones at the top). Hopefully they improve, but unlikely.
Pros
Not many...$2500 annual tuition reimbursement, 4% matched by company for retirement after grace period
Cons
Meager wages, expensive benefits with minimal coverage (many of their employees are their patients), partisan (donated money to Scott Walker campaign and subsequent recall elections), terminate practitioners who think freely, low scores for employee engagement
sweat shop
RN (Current Employee) –  Appleton, WIApril 23, 2019
Very demanding, never feel appreciated, no time for improvement activities, keep doing the same things and expecting different results, change your schedule without asking
Pros
location, reasonable health insurance
Cons
unreasonable demands
Fast-paced
Analytics Analyst/Business Intelligence (Current Employee) –  Appleton, WIApril 13, 2019
Offers good benefits, including PTO. Does not always provide beneficial training. A lot of turnover in the last few years. Enjoy the people I work with.
Negative, toxic, no accountability
Environmental Specialist (Current Employee) –  Appleton, WIApril 3, 2019
I have never been so lost! Little to no training, pay is a joke especially if you take their benefits, and no one is reprimanded! Some "team" members throw hissy fits to get what they want, not sure what my supervisor does except make himself unavailable all day, no follow up on questions. The good part is the few team members I trust, most of the cna's and nurses I've worked with have been very supportive and helpful, and I've met some wonderful patients.
Pros
Some fun team members
Cons
Pay, expensive benefits, negative department
Would not recommend
Environmental Services Technician (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIJanuary 26, 2019
Constantly short staffed from co-workers quitting. Hiring process takes up to a month if not longer so we struggle until new hires arrive but just to break even as others quit. Toxic environment with fellow co-workers, people always talking behind eachother backs, have to trust very few. Supervisors try to do the best they can to keep morale up, but always being short staffed and Thedacare wanting staff to do more and more just makes it not worth staying. All the back breaking work and drama is not worth the mediocre pay. They need to fire the toxic people because we keep losing the good workers because of them.
Pros
Can work part time and still get benefits
Cons
Drama, too much work for not enough pay, no employee discounts in gift shop or cafeteria, short staffed
Nothing fun. Not exceptional benefits
Clerk/Cashier and dining services (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIDecember 28, 2018
It used to be a well organized nice place to work. I worked there 10 years. As the years went by it continually went downhill. Many benefits were lost and as I am informed it is still happening. It was always a hard job but there were enough people to do the jobs. It has become a very stressful and demanding job. All departments are short.
The hospital was known for its cardiac unit. The unit is leaving and going independent. Many good doctors have left to work at other hospitals in the area. Many people close to retirement are leaving for fear of loosing what they already have invested in retirement they feel its that uncertain. Managers in my department always ask people to work over but won’t pitch in themselves or stay over. Moral is bad. Many hires leave within days and weeks. You can’t keep taking benefits away from people and them expect them to weather the storm. Last I heard they were 44% down in employees overall. No I would not recommend this job to my worst enemy.
People are overworked,stressed and scared. Personally I plan on changing doctors so I don’t have to go to any Thedacare Hospitals. You may think I hated my job I didn’t, not until the last year before I retired.
Pros
At this time there are no pros.
Cons
No free lunches, no free drinks only coffee, PTO can no longer be carried over, if you refuse a flu shot it’s cause for termination, a doctors excuse for no shot will be under review, no discount on food
Lovely work environment
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIDecember 17, 2018
Opportunity to development and professionally growth, training to new skills, some lacking on management, opportunities to develop yourself and increase your knowledge
Pros
Matching 41-k, help and opportunities to grow, health insurance benefits
Cons
No meals discount, no bonuses, poor staffing
hostile work environment
Registered Nurse - Surgical (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WINovember 11, 2018
retention bonus was not offered to current employee's, so they were angry at new employee's for bonus given. orientation inconsistent little help during orientation.
Pros
good pay
Cons
angry employee's
Great company
Operating Room Assistant (Former Employee) –  Neenah, WIOctober 31, 2018
Theda Care Regional Medical Center is a great place to work. You have great benefits and great hours depending on what department you work in. Overall good place to work.
Lack of Support
Manager (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIJuly 24, 2018
Very difficult to complete work due to lack of leadership support and resources.
Continuously working without adequate staffing to provide safe and high quality care. A noticeable unwillingness of VP leadership to support strategies to recruit/hire.
Benefits
Cons
not supported
Positive work environment
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WI 54915July 6, 2018
I loved working at ThedaCare Peabody Manor. My coworkers were fun, and we always worked amazingly as a team. The only thing that sometimes bothered me was how people higher up (doctors and nursing directors) would act far superior to CNAs. Aside from that, overall it was a great place of work and I would recommend this place to anyone. Good benefits too
Pros
Fun activities
Cons
n/a
Wore many hats
Trainer/Instructor (Current Employee) –  Appleton, WIJune 10, 2018
The first 20 years of working at ThedaCare I was given plenty of job opportunities. In the last 10 years I no longer feel valued nor am I given chances for further promotion. I've been given added responsibility without added pay and I never feel that I have job security.
Cons
Health Insurance is high, with high deductibles.
Thedacare
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIApril 17, 2018
A challenging place to work. Coworkers were easy to work with. You would be able to take vacation with family. Hours were manageable. Location was good.
Dietary Aide and Cook (Current Employee) –  Appleton, WIMarch 7, 2018
Difficult to move up, but they tend to hire from within the company. Pay rate is competitive with others like them. Years of experience helps get a better starting pay. Excellent benefits, including PTO accrued and vision, dental, 401K, and health.
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Wild Rose, WIJanuary 28, 2018
ThedaCare is a good, stable company that offers decent wages and great benefits. There is a culture of caring for the patient and that is always on the forefront within the organization and makes them a leader in the industry.
I enjoyed working here.
Radiology Transcriptionist (Current Employee) –  Appleton, WIJanuary 17, 2018
I loved working here. I thought I would be here till I retired but the need for transcription is slowly going away and not very good training for other positions.
Pros
Flexible with hours and PTO.
Cons
Not good training for other positions in the company
Triage Nurse (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIJanuary 5, 2018
Great Medical Staff and co-workers. Often worked overtime and was told "we are working on getting help" without seeing the promised help. Denied vacation PTO despite following policy and requesting months in advance and following policy. In my division management advanced their friends which made it difficult get anywhere when confronting issues.
Pros
Great benefits and co-workers
Cons
Rarely took breaks or would be working over 1 hour OT every night.
Good hours
CNA (Current Employee) –  Berlin, WIDecember 16, 2017
4-12 hour shifts can be fast paced and slow it varies. Pretty good staff. Hard worker for the long hours. Very good kitchen staff also. Overall good staffing and team work.
Pros
Good teamwork, nice break room
Great Place to work
LPN/Triage Nurse (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WINovember 29, 2017
I enjoyed my job and the people I worked with. I had a special bond with the Providers and the patients that we treated. Many locations to work at. Salary was tops in the field, but no raise in 11 years.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ThedaCare. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

2.8Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight