Theisen's Home Farm Auto Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
It is an ok place to work
Receiving Manager (Former Employee) –  2900 dodgeJuly 5, 2018
Started at 7 unloaded trucks accepted ups received batteries pop food vendors worked till 3.learned how to take care of customer needs.Created purchase orders closed purchase orders.
Pros
pretty nice people
Cons
a bully worked there
Not very good
Front Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  IowaJune 16, 2018
Didn’t enjoy, manager was rude to all employees, never got requested days off, paid too little. If I was offered more pay it may have been better but $9 and hour is something you cannot live off of
Decent Job
Associate (Former Employee) –  Tipton, IANovember 16, 2017
I accepted the job because it shortened my commute by 25 miles each way per day. The pay is a little low. I was able to get better health insurance off the exchange. Have to work every other weekend. The day off during the week was nice. Only got 37.5 hours a week, hard to make a living that way.
Great co-workers, some of the best people I have had the pleasure of working with. The manager liked to threaten employees with their jobs. Obviously didn't realize it wasn't "that" great of a job.
Short staffed, rarely was able to take my afternoon break.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IASeptember 25, 2017
It really just depended on the day for two specific managers. They both had really really bad days......................................................
Definite problems with some management.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IASeptember 4, 2017
The management did not take care of problem employees. Some I might add, are still there. They need to get a handle on the violent and mean natured employees and respect the ones who give 150% when everyone wants to leave a department because of one employee, maybe that should tell them something. Floor managers were worked hard and had allot on their plates but still managed to try and take care of issues. Some issues needed passed to higher management though, and unfortunately, higher management was non existent even when they were there. The site is just run extremely poorly.
Pros
Company values by the owner and family of owner are wonderful! Discounts are great.
Cons
Poor managerial consistancy, scheduling was awful, favoritism needs to be squashed.
Best First Job Ever
Retail Associate (Current Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAAugust 28, 2015
Literally the best job that i have ever had(even though it was my first.)
It is a great first job and or career job that anyone could jump into and climb high in the ranks. I would have became part of management if it wasnt for relocating to arizona, but im leaving with the skills and ability to become management anywhere else.
Pros
Learned a lot!
Associate (Former Employee) –  Maquoketa, IAApril 22, 2015
I was kept busy at all times either by my superiors or seeing things that needed addressed. I was encouraged to talk to customers, help employees, and the work environment was very positive. My management always provided helpful criticism, positive praise, and endless amounts of knowledge to assist me in helping. My coworkers were all great people who had been in their positions a long time. The hardest part of the job is rotating pet food and loading out customers heavy purchases. The most enjoyable part was going to work knowing that I would have a great day. The company is HUGELY family oriented, and treats their employees like family. I received a hand-written birthday card from the CEO.
Pros
Positive praise, fair pay, decent hours, room for advancement
Cashier/Sales Associate
Cash Office Associate, Sales Associate, Cashier (Current Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAMarch 7, 2014
customer service, animal nutrition and health education, cash handling, Microsoft software, answering phones, preparing and organizing freight
Pros
Educating customers about health and nutritional needs of animals
Cons
Some managerial issues; and system of advancement needs to be revisited

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Theisen's Home Farm Auto. Our community is ready to answer.

Theisen's Home Farm Auto Reviews by Location