thelab Employee Reviews

4.3
Ratings breakdown
Nice place to work or hang out after work!
Night Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  637 West 27th Street NY NYFebruary 24, 2018
A day at The Lab would entail getting info from all day shift producers, prioritizing jobs that needed immediate attention and
contacting clients with issues or solutions then producing, checking and delivering jobs.
Forward thinking work space
Advertising Production Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 13, 2015
A young crowd filled with talent and creativity. Helpful peers and hard working teams.

Not enough guidance from seniors. If you are in a learning position it is very much sink or swim.
Pros
BBQs
Cons
no heads up that a change is coming for the company
Very close family like atmosphere
DIRECTOR OF ACCOUNT MANAGEMENT/SENIOR LEADER (Former Employee) –  637 West 27th street 8th fl. new york nyMarch 18, 2013
A day at thelab consists of the unexpected. It changes from day to day contingent on what projects are being worked on. In a creative post production company things are fast and furious which is a pace I enjoy. During the day I may be reviewing or creating an estimate prior to it going to a client. Reviewing work whether it be for print, digital or broadcast. Dealing with the day to day operations of the company. Directly interacting with clients and their needs. Working directly with creatives, producers, retouchers, animators, programmers, editors on projects to ensure the clients directive is being followed and we are going above and beyond. I truly enjoyed the fast pace and the many hats I had to wear. I also truly enjoyed dealing day to day with the staff. I had the opportunity to create a culture where hard work, integrity, and a willingness to do whatever it takes became the company's MO. I bring a lot of energy and passion to my career and thelab allowed me to bring that infectious attitude to my job everyday. I lead my team through example and communication on an everyday basis. I looked forward to helping my fellow labbers with advice and leadership. It was an honor to be a part of building this company.
Pros
close family like atmosphere
Cons
understaffed