TheraCare Employee Reviews

Featured review
TheraCare selected this as a representative review
quick paces, easy going
ABA THERAPIST, EARLY INTERVENTION (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYJanuary 9, 2019
People I worked with were great. It was a great learning experience and growth for me. I was able to dabble in areas of expertise that I had never experienced before.
Productive and slow paced work setting
SLPA (Current Employee) –  ArizonaSeptember 27, 2019
The typical day of work consists of 3 to 5 hours depending on client availability and clinician availability. The office staff are amazing. They are always willing to help and lend a hand whenever needed. They are also overly welcoming. The hardest part of the job is the slow paced setting for clients for living in a rural area. If living in the city clientele growth/caseload growth would be more fast paced. The company expressed this upfront so I knew what I was getting into. The most enjoyable part for me is constantly growing as a clinician and bettering my skills.
Great place to work with great management and teamplayers
Licensed Physical Therapy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Home Health in 9 cities and 3 or 4 LTC facilitiesSeptember 17, 2019
I did home health in 9 cities when I worked for them and my manager would give me treatments at LTC facilities when I didn’t have enough hours with home health. It was great job stability and gave me experience in both home health and LTC.
terrible
School Nurse RN (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 13, 2019
my onboarding experience is terrible. my very first day, I had to wait for 5 hours to get started with the interview. their program manager was just very slow. I have a very bad experience with this company. also they pay more than the usual agencies, once they get you to work, they don't accommodate you with your needs. worst experience ive ever had.
ok
One on One Aide (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 10, 2019
a typical day . you have to learn to be calm and patient with kids management is ok the workplace culture is alright . the hardest part of the job is getting to control the client
Very fast paced but exciting place to work.
Business Development Manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 4, 2019
Professional with great managers. If looking for a great company to grow with than this is a place you need to check out. The office is very hands on well organized, and quick to resolve any concerns. I highly recommend this company to anyone looking to grow in the medical field.
I learned to become an ABA provider at Theracare. I was paired with great families and learned so much.
ABA Therapist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 21, 2019
Great experience working for Theracare. I would recommend this job to providers who want to learn and be independent contractors. The process of learning was easy and informative.
No go
CHILD DEVELOPMENT SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CTAugust 14, 2019
There is no proper training for ABA therapist also you have to provide the client with items to use during your therapy session because the company does not provide any items to use during the session. The company gives you the title of RBT or ABA therapist or even development specialist but at the end of the day they treat you like a babysitter
Great Place To Work
One on One Aide (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 3, 2019
If you’re looking for a place to start in education this is definitely a good place to begin. The managers are friendly and they work with you. The pay is average for this position. Most of the students were pretty easy to work with. Not a stressful place to work at all.
everyone was involved in patient care.
Productive, but collaborative work environment. All employees worked together to help patients. Allowed patients to return to utilize the facilities for free to continue their plan of care.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
based on referral sources
Great to start off
Bilingual Translator and interpretor (Current Employee) –  Hackensack, NJJuly 20, 2019
For starting off its so far so good. I truly enjoyed it and everything is through emails and phone calls when talking to co-workers. Translation and interpretation is in person and I love breaking the language barriers and seeing happiness of the family receiving the help.
Run away as quickly as you can
RBT/ABA (Current Employee) –  Westchester, NYJune 28, 2019
False promises for a busy caseload and nothing. Little to no support or guidance given when it comes to TC app and if you figure it out you get paid if not or well kinda approach. They call back immediately to recruit you because they can’t hold on to staff especially RBT’s ABA specialist. Don’t do it especially if you have a family to feed
Great work experience
Aiding occupational therapist (Former Employee) –  MidtownJune 22, 2019
Everyone was respectful, kind and truly enjoyed what they did. Everyone could learn from eachother. The locations where spread around the city and hours werent too long.
Pros
People
Cons
Job security
Loved my clients and families i worked for..
ABA Therapist (Former Employee) –  Staten Island, NYApril 10, 2019
The families was superb to work with. My supervisors were awsome. The only issues were no paid vacations because you are a ABA therapist Fee for services which means if client cancels a day or week no pay. This a great hob for beginners or someone part-time with no family. The insursnce was too expensive. I left Theracare owing over 7,000.00 in medical bills. I was working to pay medical bills with two kids
I loved the support the supervisor and lead teacher gave me. I just wish they would not have fee for services and better healthcare for families.
Pros
Supervisor, Lead Teacher and the families i worked with.
Cons
Working as Fee for service, poor healthcare, no paid vacation or national holidays
Love the agency
Clinician (Current Employee) –  Staten Island, NYFebruary 25, 2019
I work as a part-time ABA therapist and love that the agency will provide CEU courses.
-The child is provided the services daily
-Short sessions works well for me.
Pros
Self employed
Cons
walking into private homes
good continuing education
School Nurse RN (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 14, 2019
very good continuing education at this company. I enjoyed working at different schools, to help me be more exposed to different needs of different children.
Great team culture
Occupational therapist Rehab (Current Employee) –  IndianaFebruary 5, 2019
I absolutely loved the job until home health was added to my responsibilities. I work a full day now and spend much of each evening doing home health documentation.
Pros
Free lunches at times and team culture
a stepping stone
Staffing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Clark, NJOctober 28, 2018
only if you are working on something else to advance your career during your time at Theracare would I recommend. Not much direction or care from management. Pretty flexible but not if you plan on climbing the corporate ladder.
Collaborative and supportive work environment
Early Intervention Specialist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 15, 2018
A company with a noble mission providing services to the Autistic community. Knowledgable personnel willing to help ad support interventionists. Client load can be unstable and slow at times, if you are not working you are not getting paid.
Stressful and unorganized
Early Intervention Service Coordinator TheraCare (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 28, 2018
What they tell you to hire you is totally different from when you start. Half of what you do is un-billable, so basically working for free. As my day goes on I start checking to see how much I am going to make for that day
good company
Speech Language Pathologist (Current Employee) –  Queens, NYSeptember 24, 2018
Supportive to therapists. promotes evidence based practice. Sometimes difficult to get through to the managers. Wished they provided better benefits package.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TheraCare. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.2InHerSight Score

2.4Personal Development

4.4Career Opportunities

3.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight