Theradynamics Employee Reviews

No supervision, no set schedule, no real orientation
COTA/L (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 17, 2019
As a new grad your on your own. No one is around to help with documentation , ordering equipment or just daily responsibilities . Its impossible to plan a day ahead for weekly notes. You could have no notes due for the next day then when u get there the next morning and there is 4 notes due.. And that goes for your schedule also. You can work 6 hours one day then 10 hours the next with out any agreement. The recruiter says the facility is state of the art then when u get there is barley any equipment. You have to buy your own stuff.
Pros
U can choose what time of the day u wish to start working
Best company.
Speech Language Pathologist (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYMarch 4, 2019
Theradynamics is the best place to work in New York. The company gives you space for growth if you are a working with integrity. If you meet the criteria for productivity then you will survive. Less talk more work.
Worst company I have ever worked for by far
PT (Former Employee) –  NYJanuary 28, 2019
Save yourself some grief and stay far away from this company. This was by far the worst job I have ever had. The burn out rate is so high because they treat you horrible and get as much work out of you as possible and pay you next to nothing . The management is unethical and quite frankly it’s scary this company manages skilled nursing homes. They will cut a therapist who’s worked there 10 years for a new grad, just so they can pay them less and save money. Run away ! Trust me.
Pros
Cons
Everything, pay, management, hours, benefits
Odd place to work.
Senior Occupational Therapist (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYDecember 10, 2018
Management was immature.Therapy is about integrity. Perspective is a manipulative way to allow mayhem to settle into a work environment .A staff member sitting at he computer and texting on her personal phone and writing point care notes should not be ignored.
Pros
Wonderful CEO
Cons
Immature managers
All about billing and productivity
Occupational Therapist (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYNovember 15, 2018
This company was not at all pleasant to work for. With high productivity requirements from the start, it's a high stress company to work at. It's all about the bottom line here and I can't recommend them for therapists.
Fun work place at few location
PTA (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 17, 2018
Dont go there by different agency you will be treated like donkey .
No breast pump privacy room .

Billing is more important than treating patient
If you dont bill before clock out and HMO is first priority on your first day of work you dont even know progress without treating patients priorly.

If patients doesn't want physical therapy, convince them otherwise its no good

No desire location given even if there is vacancies
Pros
No lunch break 6 hours on your first day without prior informants
Cons
No room for breast pumping
Fair for new grads, terrible management, LOW pay
Physical Therapist Assistant (Former Employee) –  Upper East Side, NYJuly 21, 2018
The good thing about this company is flexibility. You pretty much decide your own hours and schedule. However, the pay is very low and the management is awful. I would never recommend this agency to anyone.

I was a W2, so I HAD to have a minimum amount of hours per week. As a 1099 you may get as low as 3-4 hours/day. Just do yourself a favor and spend some more time looking for a different company.
Dont make my same mistake.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
low pay, lack of communication, unethical environment
High turnover due to unreasonable expectations.
Physical Therapist Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 5, 2018
I couldn't work at this company due to lack of compatibility with company culture. I didn't feel I was setup or supported to do my best or offer the kind of care that I wanted to give to my patients.
Pros
Flexible schedules
Cons
95% productivity expected, asked to treat patients in elevators prn
Terrible
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 13, 2018
If I could give this place 0 stars I would. It’s just a bad place to work. They’ll literally hire anyone that comes to them, literally anyone because they’re that desperate and then won’t even pay them what they need to be paid but will want you to work yourself nearly to death for them and will listen to none of your complaints. Extremely high turnover where people would come in for literally one day and never come back. Extreme favoritism as well as major cattiness and superiority among the workers, especially the ones that have been there a long time. If you see a job posting from them or a friend recommends it, run for your life.
Pros
Nothing.
Cons
No client centered care or ethics
PT Supervisor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 18, 2018
This company is all about billing and more billing. Not the most ethical place to work at. If your a therapist that cares about your patients stay far away. Also the pay is very low and the company will over work you. I was warned and did not listen.The reviews are very true about this company.
Pros
They will hire anyone
Cons
They just want you to see the max amount of patients possible and bill bill bill.
Horrible, unethical company
Therapist (Former Employee) –  NYApril 3, 2018
High-stress environment, very high caseload, No emphasis on quality of care or quality of therapists; productivity is the strongest emphasis. Not recommended for anyone- ESPECIALLY new-grads.
Pros
flexible work schedule
Cons
high stress, long hours, little-to-no clinical support
Poor Ethical Environment
Rehabilitation Director (Former Employee) –  Syosset, NYMarch 7, 2018
I was regularly asked to obtain RUG Levels at any cost including asking me to commit fraud and if I wouldn’t they did it for me. Expectation unrealistic
Pros
If you do your job they leave you alone
Cons
All about the Benjamins
work
Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant (COTA) (Former Employee) –  Woodbury, NY 11797January 30, 2018
The job is a great environment to learn and build important skills as a therapist. Coworkers were helpful and built a great team. Patient's are appreciative. Job requires strong organization and communication skills.
Poor place to work
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYJanuary 18, 2018
They don’t appreciate your efforts . Don’t pay vacation. they use you. They make you state more hours without consultation. They think that for the simple fact that they pay you a check they can control your life
Could be a better place
Marketing Intern (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJanuary 5, 2018
It's not what it's cracked up to be it's all about who you know and what you do for them. It's like being in high school there is no professionalism there.
Pros
Dress down
Cons
Micro managed
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, NYNovember 17, 2017
A typical day would be coming in and making the coffee for the patients. Checking the patients in and scheduling them. Calling insurance for patient's eligibility and benefits. Faxing authorizations for approval from insurances. Answering phone calls and scheduling patients. The hardest part would be dealing with these rude patients who don't have any manners and the thing that makes this job most enjoyable is my co-workers.
Terrible agency
Clinician (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYNovember 13, 2017
This company hired another therapist during my maternity leave and kept them on during my hours when I returned and conveniently fired me a few weeks later. They broke an agreement we had saying it never existed because it wasn't in writing. Never work for them.
It is a fun place to work.
Occupational Therapy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Woodbury, NY 11797April 12, 2017
It is a great place to work even though it is a fast pace job that keeps you on your toes. Everyone is friendly, out going and helpful. How ever you have to pay for your own medical.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Out of pocket medical
N/a
Speech-Language Pathologist-CCC (Current Employee) –  Woodbury, NY 11797October 16, 2016
Currently working in two facilities which are 40-45 min of distance. No compensation for travel time. Plus low caseload for the expected 75 hours of work that are to be met biweekly. Also, unrealistic time for paperwork in order to meet productivity.
Terrible company.
Licensed clinician (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 14, 2016
This company is all about the numbers. They don't care for patients let alone employees. The front office was completely disorganized and no one communicated with each other. Unfortunately now they are so large and all over the city that avoiding them is difficult. This Company also works with another recruiting company called Execu-Search and they may share employee databases so beware of both.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Everything else.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Theradynamics. Our community is ready to answer.

2.1