Therapeutic Alliance

Therapeutic Alliance Employee Reviews

Collaborative place to work at
Everyone that I worked with was always eager to help and they provided all necessary training. Our weekly meetings / time spent in the office was very relaxed and friendly, while making sure to get things done. When I worked there, I went through three supervisors, so I guess the turnover rate is pretty high but that made it more stressful for me than it would have been if it were consistent. They were working on creating better benefits for its employees during the time I put my two weeks in.
Great management that truly cares/difficult work-life balance
Up and coming company that listens to their staff's needs. It is growing but has a small feel to where you feel comfortable talking to management or supervisors about any issues or concerns. There is new management that is great. It is challenging to balance work and life due to the nature of the field having to prepare for sessions and not being compensated for it, as well as lots of travel (basically the whole job).
Great place to work!
I have worked for TA for just over a month now and TA is a great company to work for. The management is wonderful and they listen to your concerns and needs. When I have needed to change a client due to travel time (distance), they quickly worked with me on getting me another client closer to my home. BCBA's are very knowledgeable and work with you to make sure you are prepared. They offer weekly supervision for BCBA and they help you obtain RBT, QMHP-A, and QMHP-C status. Hours will fluctuate in this field because that is the nature of it; however, that is of no fault of the company. Families cancel and you do what you can to reschedule with them to get your hours. If you feel that you are not making the hours you should be making, you simply let your site director know and they will work with you to make sure you are making the hours you need. The training was great and thorough, and BCBA's supervise you for that as well. You can be hired as a hybrid worker where you work all three programs or you can be hired for just one of the programs. So far my experience here has been just fine and I would definitely recommend them.
Hours fluctuate
I have learned alot in the ABA realm with TA. It has grown me professionally. However beware that your hours will fluctuate because we are paid by face to face contact with clients and sometimes external factors do not let us work consistently ie, children get tired, sick, , cancelations, vacation time. Also there is alot driving involved, so if you do not live in VA, be prepared for long distances to client homes.
Pros
Training
Cons
hours fluctuate, pay, client cancelations
Choose something else
I was here for four months. I was hired as a hybrid which meant I did aba, IIH, and MHSS. I only had one client in Aba and I had to share with another clinician. Plus sometimes I would have sessions for weeks at a time. They do not care about your financial situations but when you tell them you have another job that’s when they give you moe clients. I was hired as full time but was only getting 10 hours a week. WORK SOMEWHERE ELSE BECAUSE THIS COMPANY SICKS
Leave a review. Help people like you.
Do not work here
I have been here a little over a month and only have one client that I see 6 hours a week IF they don’t cancel! I have told the job about my financial situation and the do not care. They except for you to do things for them but when it’s the other way around they do not care!!!! THEY DO NOT CARE ABOUT YOU. They only care about what benefits them.
Great flexibility and clients horrible benefits and pay
The company acts like they are listening to what the staff is asking for but does nothing to actually impliment. They have not given raises in the last 4+ years and even stated " just because you have your annual performance review, it does not mean you will get a raise". Even if we gain more experience, and more education. The pay is not competitive for the area and they do not allow overtime. In the past 3 months multiple supervisors have left, and are unsatisfied and are being pushed out. The company seems a little unethical and is going through growing pains and there is no remedy. Benefits are horrible, and no variations
Pros
great clients
Cons
benefits, poor ceo and management
May 15, 2019
Thank you for your feedback. Here at Therapeutic Alliance, we strive to do the best for our team members and clients.
In just the last few months, we have revamped our overall employee benefits offerings. Based on the feedback from our team members, our overall benefit package offers both traditional health and welfare to other benefits such as credit union, FinFit, etc. We are committed to continuously looking at our benefit offering and making sure that we are as competitive as possible in this industry. We regularly conduct employee surveys to gauge any concerns our team members are experiencing and accepting any recommendations or suggestions to help improve their overall experiences with Therapeutic Alliance.

We, as with any other organization, go through transitional periods as we strive to find the best team members for our agency, and we are constantly pushing ourselves to develop top-tier professionals that provide top-tier services for our clients.
Manager
No life work balance, everyone is afraid of loosing there job,pay is low, benefits unlikely, co workers are wonderful, work is meaningful, pay is not guaranteed
Great first step
I’ve been with the company for a few months now. It is a great company to get your foot in the field like I did. However, the only con that I have are the hours. AbA/RBT work mostly in the afternoon after the clients get home from school. So you are looking at about 4-5 hours a day. Depending on the client. You have the option to create your own schedule each week. But you really get hours of you work 6-7 days a week which no one wants to do. The pay is good, but if you don’t have the hours then.. this is more like a part-time job instead of full-time. The clients’ parents can be a little difficult to deal with at times.
Pros
Pay, make your own schedule
Cons
Hours
Its the field, not the angency
Intensive in home counseling is rewarding in the ability to creatively implement therapeutic interventions but not for those who want to have a work/life balance. I work 7 days a week with no benefits or paid days off. Clients cancel and sometimes hours aren't available to work.
Pros
Maintaining own schedule
Cons
Lack of benefits
Lack of leadership and poor management
The company can list a full time position, but there are many times where your clients would drop the session, which means you won't get paid those days. Additionally the company's leadership is completely unstable, disorganized, and not articulated. They also reschedule meetings/ training all the time and you have to move your clients around in order to attend to those meetings that most of the times are useless, in other words the communication with managers, CEO is very poor.
Pros
Fair salary
Cons
No paid time off, neither 401K
Great start
Great beginning to get your foot in the door. On the job training, hard to advance in the field. Travel from home to home to see clients. Must ask for enough clients to help you reach full time. Great way to help people.
In Home Counselor
The ad has $18-23 an hour, only to find out any training, meetings, phone, or drive time is $10 an hour. There are not set hours. The hourly amount your offer look letter states, can be changed. If you decide the job is not what you thought or what you wanted, you will pay back your training if uou leave under 6 months. Make sure to read the fine print.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Salary
Fast paced, ever changing
Working in the world of Healthcare is always an ever changing, fast paced world. The work done at TA is work you can feel good about at the end of the day.
Met with CEO 5 times for interviews. No follow up!
Inconsistent, unreliable, does not follow through. CEO does not update candidates, process takes months. More concern with assessments than the person.
Cons
Poor communication from senior managemrnt.
May 28, 2018
The Search Committee at hiring department was pleased by your response to the position that we advertised. We had an excellent pool of applicants, making it difficult to limit the number of candidates to the final phase.
Although the committee did not include you on its list of candidates to be hired, it was a difficult decision and rest assure was not taken lightly. We are a merit and result driven organization and take qualified candidate like you seriously and want to ensure it would be right fit for both, the agency and you.
Hours are Flexible
The hours are flexible which is beneficial if a person has other obligations. Work is done in the home. Supervisors are helpful and are always willing to meet. Supervision once a week at a minimum.
Be upfront with new employees about hours
I have worked for this company for quite some time now and the most difficult part of having this job is attaining new cases and getting more hours. Overall, if you're full-time and your client(s) drop you, expect to work part-time (10-20hours a week) for awhile until you get a new case. Not the best stability at all.
Pros
phone and mileage stipend, decent pay
Cons
Instability of hours
February 19, 2018
We sincerely value your feedback. While the company continues to invest and provide more incentives for our Staff, we also recognize the case assignment process is a critical aspect, that can at times be challenging to navigate based on the complex needs of our clients! We value staff and client feedback in making the most clinical and ethical decisions in the case assignment process and realize that not every pairing is a match. It is our sincerest intention to ensure we provide financial stability to all of our staff, especially in the midst of client transitions. As a Team, we will continue to provide our staff options during any transition, so hours are maintained as much as possible. Thank you for your contribution to the Agency and the communities we serve.
Counselor
The staff and counselors are highly professional. Clinical supervisor was very supportive and highly knowledgeable. Electronic case notes are posted in Loris.
Pros
The counselors are supportive of each other
Cons
All required documentation is required before pay check is released. This is a complicated process.
Disorganized
Very poor management. BCBA's have unethically large caseloads. Supervisors don't come to meet clients. Very poor communication to therapists. The job is rewarding and pay is fair but they are more concerned with growing than focusing on current weaknesses.
May 28, 2018
Managing staff, inhome client and supervisors expectation is a changeling and delicate matter, we have to consider all sides before any action is taken. Unfortunately, this lag in time may create and undue stress. Fortunately, we have made significant improvement in hiring right fit employee and have improved our communication from weekly to daily, letting our staff know we are always available no matter what, so they feel comfortable helping our families in need.
Provider of home-based mental health services
I enjoy the culture of the company and the diversity amongst the staff as well as the clients we serve. I appreciate having a supportive team that is always working together to provide the highest quality services to children and families. The only drawback is the lack of work/life balance.
Pros
Culture, teamwork
Cons
Benefits, Salary, Work/Life Balance
October 6, 2017
Hello! Thank you so much for your review. We're always glad to work with highly motivated team members like yourself who can provide with outstanding service to all of our clients. I understand that you may feel there is no work-life balance although we have integrated the concept of work-life flexibility into the day-to-day work environment by offering all staff an unlimited time off policy.
Feel free to reach HR if you would like to get more information.
Registered behavior technician
This company has the opportunity to grow and succeed however they lack the knowledge in terms of working in the mental health field. The turnover rate is extremely high and the people that created the behavior program have left resulting in chaos. There is the opportunity to grow within this company however in order to do so you must be self sufficient and have a basic knowledge of ABA therapy.
The company has grown too big for its britches and doesn't have the manpower that would enable it to run smoothly. if you are looking for a reliable means of income this is not the place your hours are determined by your clients so if a client cancels for the day you will my get paid and there is no compensation from the company for them doing so.
Pros
Set your own schedule, room for growth
Cons
Unreliable clients, disorganization of company, long hours
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Therapeutic Alliance. Our community is ready to answer.
2.8