Therapeutic Alternatives

Therapeutic Alternatives Employee Reviews

Therapeutic Alternatives insights

What people like
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging

Good managers in 2011

Recent management has favored employees. Changes policies without notice. Allows exceptions for some employees and not others. Mandatory overtime with no overtime pay. With past management I would absolutely recommend this company. Recent management is not professional at all. Non ergonomic equipment, favoritism, rumor mill, employee appreciation and recognition for some and not others. Work overload for some while others get paid to sit at home watching TV.

Pros

Decent pay

Cons

Different rules for different employees

The love

We were all like family.the clients appear happy and comfortable at home and at peace like family they even called the supervisor mama. It was a very rewarding place. I would work there again if I could.

Management does not teach to go by the book

You go through approximately 3 months of training only to get on site and do things completely different. When you try to go by the book you are judged. The fellow caretakers and management seemed to take you going by the book as you trying to steal their jobs or get them fired. Doing it their way was unacceptable to me, some of the caretakers treated the consumers poorly. I witnessed lack of doctor/physical care as well. When I took it to management I was only reprimanded and eventually called out in front of my entire team. Basically I feel like it was a waste of my time. It took me longer to take the classes required then to be able to put up with the neglect that I saw.

Pros

The consumers were very sweet and appreciated being treated with dignity.

Cons

Neglect of the consumer, poor management

Paraprofessional

Does not pay enough for what they expect you to do. Short staffed all the time. If you are not management your personal life doesn’t matter. Everyone does things differently and that messes with clients reactions

Pros

Clients

Cons

Only the Consumers we support, is the only thing rewarding.

This company has the worst management. It is managed by the same family , who knows nothing about management. They are greedy and selfish and all about profitable gain. They over work employees with less pay and little help.

Pros

Knowing consumers are safe and happy.

Cons

Good people suffer because of poor management.

Do you enjoy working at your company?

Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.

Leadership is awesome!

The company experienced difficulty with people leaving due to the crisis nature of the job. Then, it would take a long time to rehire. Culture was cliquish. Top level supervision was awesome.

Pros

Great director, knowledgeable, good training, he knew how to run this program!

Cons

Long shifts, poor work-life balance

Group home

I will never ever work at this place they don't care about nobody but themselves. This is for management , they don't care about staff work us and no holidays or nothing we had to work work and work even if we was sick and had COVID.

Management only cares about the money

This place doesn't care about your family members or their employees. There is no such thing as paid time off or personal leave days. If you try to file an incident report it is swept under the rug so that the state doesn't find out. Therapeutic Alternatives is terribly afraid of losing their funding from the state so a lot of incidences and occurrences with employees goes unnoticed. Residents are not monitored and the ones that are in the facility should be in a long-term care facility, if you want a bar atmosphere then therapeutic Alternatives is your place of employment because you can drink on the job and they don't care. The elderly are considered a check to them. The more money the resident makes, the better they pretend to take care of them. It's a money scheme.

Pros

Residents

Cons

Management lack of care for residents.

How fake the management sems to say they care but really they don't.

This company is all about working staff all they can so management won't have to work. But because they the big turn over rate they have no other choice. I work with the company and work hard for awhile i have seen how management talked down about staff and a lot more other things. I would not recommend anyone come to this company and work. If you have a life its over if you start working with this company

Poor management and Hostile work environment

The managers are unsupportive and you are poorly trained. You are told repeatedly by the manager that any mistakes that are made will be the loss of your job, not the managing staff. Right at the start of the job I was told by current staff that individuals don't stay long on the job. You are either fired or actively pushed to quit whenever for any reason. The work enviornment can be hostile with zero conflict resolution. Managers also repeatedly encourage staff to leave positive reviews about the company online. The pay is decent for the job but you will feel overworked. This is the kind of job where there is a lot of paperwork that needs to be completed every night during evening hours. You will need thick skin for disrepect and negative comments between employees is tolerated.

Pros

Pay is decent

Cons

Hostile work environment, poor training, poor management, overworked

Very personally fulfilling work

Good place to work they always have clients available, for the most part. The chance for promotion is almost nonexistent, they don’t value the experience you get from being a paraprofessional in the field as important. They don’t have a cross training program for employees that have worked for them for years. Mental health is a crossover profession, and we should be offered certification opportunities to advance within the company.

Pros

Work with minimal supervision

Cons

No holiday pay and

Poor Management

Like many people on my team, I love the work that I do and I love that I work from home. I do not love the management. The administrative director of mobile crisis unit clearly has no leadership prior to working at Therapeutic Alternatives and is only in the position because of longevity. Leadership shows favoritism and treats people that aren't their favorite, horribly. The administrative director is a bully and his clinical decision making is poor at best. The clinical director is young and inexperienced. The agency does not prioritize their employees in any way. They go out of their way to make sure that the agency is going to benefit even at the expense of their hardest working employees. If audited, I can't imagine this agency NOT having huge pay backs to Medicaid and the state of NC based on calls that do not meet Mobile Crisis Criteria.

Former employee

This is a good company!!! I enjoy working there!!! The Executive Director is wonderful!!! I see myself being there for a while!!! They care about the residents and their staff!!! Especially in this time of need.

Amazing staff

The clients are amazing and very caring. This is a great company to work for and the hours are great. The pay is very low compared to other companies in the area.

Great Place To Work!

Working at Therapeutic Alternatives provided an opportunity for QP's to autonomously implement the skills and knowledge that were necessary to complete the job. Management is great, Compensation is very competitive, and all the necessary tools needed are provided by the company. I really enjoyed my experience at Therapeutic Alternatives!

Pros

Competitive Wages, Flexible Hours

Cons

Working Holidays

productive and good work place

i loved my job there my clients was great i had no problems with them and they listened they had had there ups and downs but the overall tast was easy.

Innovating

The purpose and mission of this company is to provide life skills and assistance to people with any form of mental health illness. The work people do out on the field for this company are doing something special and I believe they are changing lives for the better. They are underpaid no doubt, but they do not do it for the money- they do it for the clients. There are some aspects of this company that need improvement but it's a great place to work if you have the right attitude.

Great Company & Environment

I thoroughly enjoy working for TAI. Ive been here more than 6-years and it has been by far the best work experience I've ever had. The staff are good to work with and the clients are a joy to work for.

Very Unprofessional Management

The company itself isn't bad but the home that I was at lack professionalism. You have missing medications, false accusations,favoritism,management puts his job duties off on other staff, misappropriation of company funds, and neglect of some residents medical care!!

October 23, 2019
Thank you for providing your feedback and letting us know about your concern. Please reach me personally via email, and I would be happy to discuss the issue at your earliest convenience. Lisa.Reeder@mytahome.com

No pay raises and stressful company to work for!

Never apply to work with therapeutic alternative. Worked there 10 years. No benefits or pay raises. Never appreciated for anything! Only reason I stayed was for my clients!!

October 23, 2019
We apologize that our team did not satisfy your expectations. We set a high standard for ourselves and are truly sorry to hear that standard was not met in your interaction with our company.

Company needs improvement

The consumers are sweet, nice and amazing! However, the staff makes it impossible to want to stay working. The work environment is always hostile and new employees are talked about instead of being taught the proper way. Consumers routine/schedule is often broken just to accommodate a certain staff and how they are feeling that particular work day. Hours are long and you barely get any days off!!

October 23, 2019

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Therapeutic Alternatives. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8