Therapeutic Associates Employee Reviews

Fast-paced leading edge outpatient clinic
Physical Therapy Intern (Former Employee) –  Bethany, ORApril 1, 2018
This was a great clinic. I was here for my full-time elective internship my last year of PT school and everyone on this team is amazing. Incredible therapists, support staff, and aides. Very fast-paced but everyone is rooting for you to succeed. Very progressive in their treatment and always striving for evidence-based practice.
Pros
flexible hours, good benefits, great mentorship, con ed assistance, family
Cons
fast-paced, long clinic hours
Friendly staff with great advancements
Physical Therapy Aide (Former Employee) –  Eagle, IDFebruary 24, 2018
I was a Physical therapy aide at therapeutic associates. Before I began my aide training I was a patient. I decided to get my certification from here because I absolutely loved my PT experience.
Good for learning and connecting but overall didn't meet my career goals
Physical Therapist (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORFebruary 20, 2018
30 minute appointments, no other help. Poorly managed by up above. I feel that stand alone TAI clinics are much different. Pay is low, high turn over rate, a lot of new grads. There are some really good clinicians who stick around though.
Offer good continuing education within the company and a mentorship/residency program if that interests you.
Chaotic
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Tigard, ORNovember 2, 2017
Constant interruption with phones; not allowed to ask others for assistance, even within department....only manager. Hardest part of the job is trying to understand insurance for patients.
Great employees and patients
Office Manager/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Portland, OROctober 9, 2017
I highly recommend this company. This company cares about its employees happiness and work satisfaction. They are always trying to improve practices and standardize methods for all 90+ clinics.
This is fantastic place to work
Physical Therapy Aide (Current Employee) –  Richland, WASeptember 15, 2017
This is a wonderful place to work. I am a PT aide and I work about 20 hours a week. Everyone in my office is wonderful and friendly all of the time. Its a fantastic job for learning how to be in healthcare and working with patients. It is a very relaxed and happy working environment. The office I am located at is Therapeutic Associates Richland Physical Therapy. The hours are extremely consistent so it makes schedule planning very easy. I would say the hardest part about the job is learning how to multi-task, but it is good skill to have throughout your life. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with everyone in the clinic and working with patients to see everyone get better.
Pros
Postive work enviornment, consistent work hours
Cons
No cons, it is a great company.
Over Worked & Under Paid
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 9, 2017
Everyday I felt over worked, and under paid. Many times where I strived to do the best I could and my superior seldom acknowledged it. I brought so many ideas to the table on how things needed t be fixed to make it more cohesive for the entire organization and I was basically told to each it's own with every clinic. That was a little mind blowing to especially since there are about 80 clinics. No clinic works in the same fashion? That's absurd.
High-Volume but Good Workplace
Student Physical Therapist (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, ORAugust 8, 2017
They ask a lot of their therapists but everyone seems happy to work there. Fun, energetic staff who are quick to help one another even with simple tasks, which is a savior during the mid-morning and afternoon rushes. Nice facilities.
Startes out great and ended horribly
Physical Therapy Aide (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORJuly 10, 2017
As an aide, you will get taken advantage of by the clinic manager and some therapists without as much as a thank you in return. Be prepared to do things outside of your job description for the same pay. The only time you will get treated well is if you make the clinic manager feel good about him/herself all while making other aides and co-workers look bad. If you want a pay raise or promotion you probably won't get one unless you are the aide the manager likes best, which doesn't mean that, that is the aide that does the most, knows the most, and has been there the longest. This isn't just a one location type of issue, either. This happens at quite a few therapeutic associate clinics. If you choose to work here, I would advise to make acquaintances not friends. That is not to say that some therapists that work at these clinics are all rude. Some of them are great and appreciate you, but it's few and far between. As far as patient care goes, the managers really only care how many patients can come in and out of the clinic and not actual patient care.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Everything else
Good starter job
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tigard, ORJuly 6, 2017
Very supportive is training. They help you to learn all you need to know in any job that they have you hired on for. Very strict on ergonomic in your area.
Excellent office atmosphere
Physical Therapist Aide (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJuly 1, 2017
I worked as an aide at a TAI location for about one year. The thing I loved most about working here was the client centered and friendly atmosphere the clinic took. Everything was focused on giving the best customer service without sacrificing employee morale. On top of that the director and PT were some of the best teachers/ mentorsI've encountered in my life. They love their work and it shows. Would highly recommend working for TAI!
Horrible Company to work for
Athletic Trainer (Former Employee) –  OregonJune 13, 2017
Management is terrible and condescending. The pay is insulting! It's all about how many patients can we see in one day. There is not concern for quality of care. Billing is fraudulent, therapists bill for more units than they actually give the patient.
Cons
Productive and relaxed workplace with flexibility and opportunity for advancement
Office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Kirkland, WAJune 7, 2017
Therapeutic Associates is a company that truly cares for their employees and wants to see them excel in all areas of their life. It is a company that welcomes creativity and new ideas. They offer benefits and paid time off when working for them full time. There are many opportunities to advance in your career and they offer free classes to all employees whether it be for leadership, team building, organizational skills, time management, ect. The amount of support you receive in whatever role you are in within this company is beyond that of any place I have ever worked before. It is the best company I have ever worked for and one that I would recommend to anyone to try and be a part of.
Pros
on the job training, work enviroment, compensation, leadership.
Great culture - stand up for yourself
Front Office Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAApril 12, 2017
I love the culture at my clinic. However the people in management at the individual clinic level have no management training and can be difficult to work for.
Awesome culture!
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAApril 6, 2017
Great company motivated to help employees achieve professional goals and development. Room for advancement for employees and awesome wellness plan. Clinics are spread out geographically so culture varies by clinic but overall values of the company are seen throughout.
Pros
Wellness program, benefits, Pto, culture and continuing education
Cons
Some employees do not have as much opportunity for growth
Medical payment poster
Payment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tigard, ORMarch 23, 2017
Busy. I enjoyed processing payments for the company. All different types of medical payments. Noting the patients accounts.
Learning to post payments to the accounts accurately.
Learned to manage my time.
I worked well with my teammates.
Leaving at the end of the day when I wanted to complete the task I was close to completing.
Starting and doing the best I could to complete the work for the day.
Pros
healthcare, 401 retirement plan
Cons
no opportunity to grow with the company
Fun group of people to work with
Front Office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAFebruary 22, 2017
Fast paced, high expectations some unrealistic. Good benefits for physical therapy. You get to know the patients that come in and you get to share their accomplishments in rehab.
Pros
great people
Cons
coverage
Great people.
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Central Point, ORDecember 3, 2016
I would love to still be working there but management was very rude and I did not feel welcome after a short period of time. Management was very bad at teaching HIPPA regulations but expected me to know everything.
Pros
Great chances to advance.
Cons
Poor management.
Great Place to Work
Front Office Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Monroe, WAOctober 23, 2016
I love working at this place. Culture is one that promotes activity and healthy habits and reward staff that participate in healthy culture. Pay is very competitive for the area. Perks could be more competitive.
Not a healthy place to be
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Central Point, ORAugust 9, 2016
A typical day of work started with anxiety. This is a job that requires you to take belittlement on a daily basis by the office manager. Training was terrible.. There is very little training and when asking questions to the office manager, she will make you feel like you are bothering her or that the question was stupid. The therapists were always nice and I did like working with them. I did learn a few typical office things that may help in the future but other than that I learned that this place is not for me.
Pros
Nice patients and therapists
Cons
The trainer, who is also the office manager is rude, disrespectful, dishonest, gossiper and likes to make people feel bad about themselves.