Therapeutic Resources Employee Reviews

Poor management, no benefits, underpaid positions
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Astoria, NYFebruary 20, 2018
Management is terrible sub-par at best. Decisions are emotionally based and not thought through. Management has no idea in terms of the direction of their company or frankly how to run it. They rely on knowledgeable individuals who come in and speak a big game but never produce. Everyone is underpaid especially the administrative staff, who basically handle all the work. Benefits are non existent because owners are cheap and more worried about purchasing new homes in calabasas, then supplying benefits that work for the employees. Ei director is clueless, beware of what you're applying for, therapists are underpaid in comparison to other companies.
Pros
Absolutely no pros
Cons
Everything about this place is terrible
Productive and fun workplace
Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Long Island City, NYFebruary 7, 2018
I have been a Service Coordinator at Therapeutic Resources for 5 years. During that time, management has been extremely flexible with my schedule and afforded me the options of both working remote; as well has having my own dedicated space in the office. What I appreciate the most is the open door policy made available to us to voice our concerns, suggestions, or anything else.

I love the comradery with my co-workers and staff. They’re really a great bunch.
Pros
Flexible schedule, timely payment, fast computers, and great open door policy
Cons
More affordable heath insurance options
Highly Recommend Therapeutic Resources
Occupational Therapist OTR/L (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJune 15, 2017
Therapeutic resources was a very professional and reliable company. I found them to be very organized and responsive. My recruiter was very helpful and found me a position very quickly. I was placed at a pre school in the Bronx and worked there for the school year. My TR recruiter was always available via email or telephone to answer any questions throughout my assignment. I had a great experience working with them and would highly recommend therapeutic resources!
Awesome place to work
Physical Therapist (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMarch 24, 2016
So far I really enjoyed working with Therapeutic Resources. Everyone is extremely helpful and very quick to respond. I got to meet a lot of great co-workers and they are very friendly. The pay is great too!.
Pros
Great pay, caring staff
Cons
Benefits could have been better
Competitive rates, quality placements
COTA (Current Employee) –  Queens, NYMarch 24, 2016
Therapeutic Resources is a great place to work for. They offer among the best hourly rates for COTAs and the sites are high quality and offer a wide variety of opportunities. The staff is quick to respond and is helpful.
Pros
Quality placements, competitive rates
Benefits
Good experience for therapists who want to kick start their careers in pediatrics as well as geriatrics.
Physical Therapist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 22, 2016
As a Physical Therapist I found their placements in schools very good. They have good networking for placing therapists in major private schools of NYC. Also,this is one of those agencies that gives the highest hourly rate after your performance is satisfactory.
From an immigration point of view, their H1 and Green Card policies are pretty well timed and organized.
Pros
Flexible schedules
Cons
No pay for national holidays, no option of being as a salaried employee, benefits are only after a certain period of time and expensive
It was a joy to work at Therapeutic Resources
Physical Therapist (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYFebruary 16, 2016
I worked for Therapeutic Resources for approximately two years. During this time I appreciated many things about the company but most notable was the fact that I was allowed to determine my work load which was beneficial to me because I was studying during this period. Additionally, everyone in the organization respected you as a professional, which allowed you the freedom to be a strong advocate for your patient/client. Therapeutic Resources' commitment to continuing education is also noteworthy because as a proponent of evidence based medicine I appreciated the availability of these courses, some of which were provided to employees free of cost. I would highly recommend this organization.
Pros
Friendly Staff
Cons
compensation
Stay Away
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 12, 2016
The most unprofessional women I have ever worked for. They play favoritism and talk down to their employees. They make you do things that are not in your job description, and don't even have the decency of being grateful. I've never felt so disrespected in my life. They are fake to your face and act nice but will then say disrespectful things to other employees about you. Absolutely no class. My advice, do not work for them under any circumstances.
Pros
the coworkers are good people
Cons
salary, management
Immigrants work somewhere else!!!
Speech Language Pathologist (Former Employee) –  NYCFebruary 12, 2016
I worked for this company for many years, they never paid for my H1B , Labor certification, greencard fees, they also paid a much lower rate since they were sponsoring me.

If you are a foreign therapist, make sure you have everything in writing, protect yourself, or better yet go to another company.

If they did the same thing to you, call Department of Labor right away, you only have 12 months to file a complaint before the statute of limitations expire.
Pros
Cons
selfish owners, money grubbing, do not trust anyone
Official response from Therapeutic Resources
February 17, 2016

Therapeutic Resources values our relationship with the foreign therapists we sponsor to work in the USA. Working with the finest immigration attorneys, we maintain compliance with all Department of Labor regulations and required employer paid fees. We pride ourselves on paying the most competitive rates to our sponsored therapists. We are sorry that you were not satisfied with the treatment you received from our company after so many years. We wish you the best in all future endeavors.

Great staff and very efficient company
Occupational Therapist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 11, 2016
I have been working at TR for 3 years as a part-time contractor and have been very pleased with my time there. Paperwork is easy and getting paid is always on time. If you ever have a question the staff is very friendly and helpful and just a phone call or email away. They are very personable (ie. asked to see pictures of my baby once he was born), which I love! They also offer great workshops (some free and some paid), which have been a great resource! I highly recommend this company!
Pros
You can pick and choose the clients you take
Great company to work for
Evaluator (Current Employee) –  Queens, NYJanuary 31, 2016
Part Time Evaluator: I have just recently started working for TR and so far I enjoy it. Submitting paperwork and getting paid on time is a breeze. The people I have interacted with are very organized. As an extra bonus the actual office is beautifully designed
Great Company to work for, alot of opportunities available from in all types of settings
occupational therapist (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYDecember 1, 2015
Therapeutic Resources is a great company to work for with great benefits. The entire team has been exceptionally helpful in getting things in order for various assignments. Everyone has been quick to respond with helpful solutions when dealing with new contracts. I would highly recommend Therapeutic Resources as a company to work for and with. I look forward to working with Therapeutic Resources again in the future!
Pros
Very Responsve, very helpful, Professional, Great line of communication and extremely competitive rates!
Great agency!
speech language pathologist (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYOctober 27, 2015
Therapeutic resources found me a great outpatient job in the Bronx. Everyone I have ever been in contact with there has been very nice and helpful. Would definitely recommend them and already have to many of my SLP friends!
Room for advancement, great place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  QueensOctober 19, 2015
You have to work hard, but the owners are understanding. They also listen to constructive criticism and try to enforce change. Room for growth exists,compensation could be better, I would say its average, benefits are ok
Pros
Great location, colleagues are friendly
Cons
Benefits and 401k could be better, pay could be better

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Therapeutic Resources. Our community is ready to answer.

Therapeutic Resources Reviews by Location