Therapy Brands

• Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • Ability to meet personal goals

Growing pains?

Therapy Brands provides an important product to the medical space, but the company has has some culture shifts over the past year or two.Once the founder left, Therapy Brands became a sales and marketing company in flux, always trying to secure more funding. The senior leadership team has communication meetings, but you will have to wait for answers about your unique situation for a significant amount of time.This is a large company that has is still going through the growing pains of a start up ie.) constantly changing job duties, position shifting, changes in compensation, miscommunication, "all hands on deck" emergencies.Recently the 401k match was changed so nothing is matched until the end of the year, so if you leave the company before that is tabulated, tough luck.Your experience will vary based on the team you work on. Their marketing team is the friendliest bunch I've met in a while.

Pros

"Unlimited Vacation", usually are given 1/2 day on any day that precedes a holiday, leadership tries to arrange fun events over Zoom.

Cons

401k match only at end of year, health insurance isn't great, compensation is low and they are willing to mess with commissions, fairly high turnover

Great company

I have only been with Therapy Brands for 1 week, but the training has been great. I have received a lot of support from my supervisor and my co-workers. Feel very included by every one.

Pros

work remotely, great benefits

Cons

working remotely.

I learned the hard way

Such a disappointing experience. I was so excited to work for Therapy Brands but upper management made my experience painful. The company is in absolute chaos, with no signs of getting better. Recruiter does a great job hiring fantastic people, but the burn out comes fast. With so many quality companies hiring, I would do your homework and look elsewhere.

Pros

Work from home

Cons

No processes in place. At all.

Excellent progressive company

Wonderful company to work for. They truly look out for their employees and offer wonderful benefits. The company is still in there growing phase so there are a lot of changes that occur by the company is moving in the right direction

Pros

Flexible WFH, benefits, environment

Appreciated and excited

Rather new employee, but so far, I'm impressed. The interview process was easy with 3 interviews, but quick and timely with an offer earlier than expected. I originally applied for one position, but thanks to the Talent Acquisition team, another position that better fit my skills was suggested. This made me feel really seen and appreciated for what I could bring to TBH. The team I am on are in constant contact, which makes moving from in person to remote so much easier. The only downside so far is a not so structured training plan. I'm looking forward to what this company has planned and am excited to be apart of it.

Pros

PTO policy, working remotely, flexibility

Cons

Training plan

Share your experience

Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.

Extremely fast-pacing; Lacks Work/Life Balance

Employees are expected to manage very large workloads, which minimizes work/life balance. The company investors are more concerned about the bottom line than it's employees.

Pros

Adequate Compensation; Work Remotely

Cons

Workload/Long Hours

Official response from Therapy Brands

March 16, 2021
Thank you for providing your input as we are always striving to improve. We recognize that Therapy Brands is in a high growth mode and while that is exciting for us as a company, we recognize that growth can sometimes be accompanied by high volume and growing pains. To ensure our employees are thriving, we encourage use of our unlimited PTO policy so that employees may take the time needed for mental health and wellness. Additionally, we are continually adding many highly qualified and talented resources to our teams to allow for equitable workloads. If you have any questions, please contact our People Operations team. Thank you for your inputs again. People Operations @ Therapy Brands Holdings

I can honestly say I love my job

The team really is like a family and never scared to ask for help because the mentality is that we both win and lose together. Constantly receiving coaching and being leveled up. Compensated fairly.

Cons

Work is hard and demanding at times. You have to grind hard. Lots of changes.

Loving it and living the dream working for my company

This is my first time working remotely for a company and it's great to know that I am working with a group of team members who are very good at what they do, and are extremely supportive of each other across the country to support our customers. Benefits are great and can always be better for remote employees, but I feel the support is there and the leadership team really cares. Lots of changes but I understand this is how a growing company may be since there are many brands in our portfolio and product offering. I submitted my application and within hours I was taking an assessment and sitting in a Zoom interview, followed by 3 other interviews with 2 days before offered the position. The speed and care and thoroughness from the talent team was top notch. I feel very lucky to be here and look forward to a hopefully long career here at Therapy Brands.

Pros

Flexibility, great people, support, amazing benefits, unlimited PTO

Cons

Not really at remote benefits, tuition reimbursement

Amazing company culture and team members

I was not aware of Therapy Brands until I found myself in the job market with my position being eliminated. I applied online and was contacted within hours from the Talent team/Kyan who was professional, thorough, and knowledgeable and walked me through what Therapy Brands do besides my research, but I also felt I was understood and listened during my job search, and this first impression really made a difference and I have felt that way every step of the way. My manager and the team are very supportive, patient, and I am very proud of the products that I am supporting to better the lives of our customers and their needs. I couldn't have asked for more during the pandemic to find this career opportunity and I am excited to be able to grow with an amazing company.

Pros

unlimited pto, great support from the team

Cons

organized training, lots of ongoing changes, not bad but I can tell the company is moving forward with lots of initiatives

Amazing company with competent, passionate, and talented people!

This company is so special from the nature of work, the shared mission, the work values and what it means to be here. I felt very honored and humbled to be treated by kind and real professionals through the interview process, and being valued as a seasoned professional. There are moments of the mature and not-quite-there readiness when it comes to process and technology, which is a clear sign of a startup-ish company that is growing at a fast pace. One key buzz word I kept on hearing is thrive, which there are Thrive series which touch on mental health awareness, social movements, pandemic, etc. to enhance the health, morale, development for the employees. Lots of good things here and I see the passion and the results from each individual and team to want to make it work together and execute at a very high level of excellence. Thank you for the opportunity to include me in this journey. This is beyond a life changing career opportunity and I am excited to see how I can contribute to the present growth and others joining the company.

Pros

Talented and great people, amazing benefits, great mission.

Cons

Lots of changes, and constant process involvement.

Thriving company with caring people on a great mission!

Employees at Therapy Brands are innately compassionate. The very nature of our industry is what brought many of us together and it shows in the caring of each other and our customers. If you thrive in a fast-paced, driven organization, and have a passion for being a part of the mental health industry, you'll have opportunity to grow with this company. The leadership is working hard to unite a family of brands through harmonizing processes and practices and is striving to make cultural improvements. The benefits are amazing for a company of this size and we were well taken care of during a very challenging environment in 2020.

Pros

Unlimited PTO, Work from home flexibility, leaders with a vision

Cons

It takes a lot of work to bring many smaller acquired companies under one united company, particularly during a pandemic. For those who want to grow with us, it's not so much a con as an opportunity.

Good Benefits/ Bad company culture

Overall the AE position is low stress. You run cadences to follow up with prospects that are provided. However, there is limited training for onboarding employees. Poor communication from senior leaders and managers. Lots of confusion with tracking commissions and understanding the compensation plan. They don’t provide a clear overview of how they pay you and what accounts you're being paid on, you just get an unreadable excel spreadsheet. They have a very restrictive non-compete agreement. The company has new investors, and sales leaders that have turned the company into a place that values profits over people. We have had huge growing pains. Also HR has fired people and do not uphold industry standards and have shady practices. It seems anyone who has a valid concern about workload or questions about compensation get fired.

Pros

Unlimited PTO

Cons

Compensation/ Management

Your immediate team members are your family!

Your team is your family. You're there for one another and it's great to work with them. However, leadership has aggressive financial goals and are focused all on the dollar. It used to not be that way and everyone felt they were working for great cause - our customers. Unfortunately we now serve investors and things are changing and not for the better.

Pros

wonderful immediate team culture. You do feel like you're making a difference for customers.

Cons

pay is below market, backfill and help is met with resistance.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Therapy Brands. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Therapy Brands