Therapy Management Corporation Employee Reviews

Run from this cult
PTA (Former Employee) –  South FloridaJanuary 18, 2018
This company is one word. Cult. They con you into thinking they care about you. They do not give raises no matter what they tell you the have bi-annual all in awards that they threaten you with daily. They want you to raise money for their charity every other day and say it voluntary but if you don’t give they tell you you are not a team player. The rehab directors go to lavish quarterly brain washing sessions (I guess this is where your fund raising money comes from). Nobody cares if you are happy. All they care about is the bottom line. Nobody ever had your back and you are always looking over your shoulder. Please do not go near this company. There ARE actually decent places to work out there. This is NOT one of them.
Pros
Medical benefits
Cons
No raises, you have to find your own coverage if you want time off, mandatory charity contributions, no support
Okay
Full Time-SNF (Current Employee) –  Tuttle, OKDecember 12, 2017
TMC is a subcontractor for SW in 5 LTC in Oklahoma. TMC is a good company to work for, but SW is a terrible company especially in Tuttle. As a therapist, we are not able to propely perform our job to best serve our patients due to Admin and staff changing policy at will.
Pros
Good benefits, vacation time, x mas party, 2 bonuses a year and x mas bonus.
Cons
Poor management and unethical.
Look elsewhere
Therapist and Rehab Director (Former Employee) –  LADecember 6, 2017
as a former director of rehab and therapist a typical day included harassment from both area manager and regional director. This company hires locally for upper and middle management. My experience included a regional director who was living with and involved in a relationship with someone directly under me. This was never discussed and assumed not to be public knowledge. It was public knowledge and made for a VERY stressful and out of control work situation for everyone involved. HR was notified and nothing was done to prevent RETALIATION from regional director once the significant other was removed from the situation (very toxic person).
Using our "donation money"
COTA (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXDecember 1, 2017
You will only be hired if you "agree" to donate a few bucks out of your check, ultimately used by the owners living is swamp water Florida as a tax right off! Area Director had no idea what she was doing and was two-faced!
good place to work!! Great Culture and nice all in bonus!!
IT Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Homosassa, FLOctober 16, 2017
I worked out of the home office in Florida, good people and a nice environment to work for. Pay is competitive and they sometimes provide all in bonus
Pros
all in bonus!! 9-5 hours!!
Cons
not enough advancement
Collaborating as a team to achieve patient's personalized functional goals
COTA/L (Current Employee) –  FLOctober 5, 2017
Involvement at as a team to help patients learn the skills necessary to function in public, private and home environments. TMC's culture is an "All In" perspective.
Pros
Therapists
Cons
Pto
TMC expects the best and works hard to develop their team members
Occupational Therapist (Current Employee) –  LouisianaOctober 3, 2017
During my career as an OT in SNF setting , I have only worked for TMC and I hope that I only ever work for them. TMC offers a family atmosphere in which the owners and leadership teams truly do care for employees. They are invested in our development not only as therapists but also as healthy and happy people. We have quarterly development goals, 401K with match and they offer Dave Ramsey scholarships to help us eliminate debt. They also have a non-profit philanthropy that allows us to fundraise for charities that benefit the greater good (on a volunteer basis). They are the first to say that "TMC is not for everyone". If you are not committed to service excellence you need not apply. This company expects the very best of their employees and will not settle for mediocrity. Perhaps folks that express negativity in their reviews were simply not up for the challenge of excellence.
Pros
401K with Match, Christian values, Dave Ramsey scholarships, philanthropy, supportive leadership, potential for advancement, biannual bonuses, encourage FUN at work
Cons
n/a
Wonderful Rehab Team
Speech-Language Pathologist (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaAugust 24, 2017
I worked for TMC for over a year, and I loved the company. The regional manager was great and she really seemed to care about the employees across individual facilities. I changed jobs out of necessity when the contract was changed. Would recommend this company!
Pros
Great team atmosphere!
productive fun work place
Physical Therapy Assistant (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLAugust 21, 2017
Physical therapists often work closely with a patient's doctor to identify the muscle systems affected by an injury or impairment. Different than a personal trainer, a physical therapist starts patients on a low-impact exercise routine using special exercise equipment and builds them up much more gradually, focusing mainly on the injured muscles.
Pros
great environment
Was an ok place to work
PTA (Former Employee) –  Horn Lake, MSAugust 15, 2017
Coworkers here were nice to work with. It was sometimes challenging to get PT supervisor in as needed. The most enjoyable part of the job was the patients.
Great company to work for.
COTA/L (Current Employee) –  Mayo, FLAugust 12, 2017
The buildings that I worked in for this company was clean, odor free, and upkept. The staff is nice and welcoming. Let me not forget helpful. Whenever I needed something or had trouble locating a patient, no matter what dept I asked, they always helped out.
Terrible Company to work for
Rehab Director (Current Employee) –  Bastrop, LAJuly 27, 2017
This company has impossibly high expectations of all staff members, no possibility for pay raises, extremely unethical practices regarding patient care. Upper management is micromanaged to the extreme as well as lower management. Overall, not a good company to work for at all.
Pros
Cons
Unethical practices
unethical management
Therapist (Former Employee) –  TexasJuly 2, 2017
poor management, DOR rarely present or available

ridiculous productivity considering the setting. Productivity has a different name which allows them to tell you there isn't really any productivity per se

forced to pick up inappropriate patients for revenue

recruiters promise anything to get you in

Your license will be at risk
Pros
good coworkers(they fell for the hype as well)
Cons
everything else
Learning Experience
Inpatient Therapy Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAJune 20, 2017
Learned from therapists how to operate and run the office, All therapists were friendly and capable of teaching, Very fast paced environment and accuracy with patient charges was essential.
license risk
PT (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 19, 2017
High productivity
poor management/micromanagement
asked to keep patients longer to increase revenue
excessive documentation (software)
daily dose of propaganda
mandatory participation in contributing to raffles
Pros
see above
Cons
see above
Great Place To Work
Speech Language Pathologist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 12, 2017
Wonderful place to work! Very fast paced environment but this makes the days go very quickly.

Pros: Good management, good support system, nice facility to work in

Cons: Not enough PTO and it is accrued as you work throughout the year
Fun Work Place
Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant (Current Employee) –  Homosassa, FL 34446May 20, 2017
Fast paced but fun environment. Difficulty to find work in your home state Florida. Communication between managers could be better for internal traveling managers for placement. Traveling therapist are unsure of how ling they will be working in one area before leaving to the next area, possibly another state.
Great work experienc.
Physical Therapist Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tyler, TXMay 9, 2017
Patient care obviously best part of the job. I worked at 3 different facilities within this company and had great experiences at each one. Treated patients at various status levels which was enjoyable.
Professional and helpful company to work at
Occupational Therapy Assisant (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MOMay 3, 2017
TMC is a great company to work at, offering considerable compensation and friendly coworkers. The most enjoyable part about this job is getting to work with the amazing patients and well equipped therapy gyms.
Fun Workplace, fast pace
Rehab Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Homosassa, FL 34446April 19, 2017
Review minute planner
Schedule Members for Therapy
Scan, Fax and File documents
Assist Rehab Director and other Therapist
Receive Evaluations Orders from Doctors and have Insurance Verified
Fast Pace, Well Balanced, Friendly place to Work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Therapy Management Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8