Therapy Specialists Employee Reviews

Not a very supportive HR team
Director of Rehab (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAJanuary 7, 2019
HR team did not support me as a director when new regional manager was hired after I had been employed with them for over a year and was doing an exceptional job as per nursing home facilities comments. New regional manager was only interested in "making a name" for herself.
Good Company
COTA/L (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 22, 2018
Great company for entry level, very understanding and opportunity to learn. Mentorship could have been a little better. Overall good team dynamic, management was okay.
Official response from Therapy Specialists
November 5, 2018

Hello!
Thank you for your feedback. At TS, we strive to provide a positive new hire experience and your feedback on mentorship is appreciated. As the Director of Human Resources, one of the projects I am working on is refreshing our new hire and mentor program. I'd love to gain your perspective on how we could improve this experience and our process.

I invite you to contact me directly so that we may discuss. I may be reached at 619.884.2745. I look forward to your call!

Kind regards,
Lynn Johnson

part time worker
Occupational Therapist (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 26, 2018
I enjoyed working t therapy specialist, part time. hours were flexible with good support system. The pay was good, no benefits as I worked part time
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
high productivity standards
Great place to work!
Occupational Therapist (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 21, 2017
Therapy Specialists is a great place to work! They are really supportive and helpful with any needs that may arise. The pay is good and the employees are great to work with!
Official response from Therapy Specialists
July 25, 2018

First I would like to apologize for my tardy reply. At Therapy Specialists, we are committed to providing a work environment that honors our mission of delivering excellent patient care and service to all of our customers! Our teams work diligently to make a difference in people's lives--whether that's our therapists caring for our patients or our support teams caring for our employees. Thank you for taking the time to write this review!

With Gratitude,
Lynn Johnson

Overall Good Intentions but Needs More Employee Focus
N/A (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 31, 2017
Although the salaries are competitive, the culture and attitude are much different now than when I started. I think the owner's overall intention is great, but I have been disappointed to see many of the employee recognition, team building, incentives and awards for employees slowly diminish.

I think the company does great work overall and has so much potential. In fact, they continue to grow throughout CA. If part of the budget and efforts could be more focused on employee satisfaction, this company will continue to thrive and succeed.
Great company with focus on people-centered therapy
Speech-Language Pathologist, CCC-SLP (Current Employee) –  Turlock, CAJuly 1, 2017
This company holds on to the foundation of therapy, which is person-centered; this positively affects those working for this company, creating a great work culture.
Great place to work for
COTA/L (Current Employee) –  Chula Vista, CADecember 5, 2016
Great company to work for. very flexible with good pay rates. I started my career early on working with Therapy Specialists(Martha) and have nothing but good things to say about their staff and the commitment to their employees. I would highly recommend working for this company to any therapist seeking quality company with good benefits
Productive fun workplace
Level II Fieldwork (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CAAugust 12, 2014
Supportive environment and team. Fun workplace. The co-workers were all highly motivated individuals dedicated to helping and caring for the clients.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Therapy Specialists. Our community is ready to answer.