Therma-Tru Doors Employee Reviews

Productive and tons of overtime
Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee) –  Butler, INJuly 9, 2018
Thanks Tru isn't a bad place to work, the breaks are all paid and the insurance is great and multiple options. The work itself is not hard and they have opportunities to get a bid job done a bit of a pay raise for floor work.
Pros
Paid breaks
Cons
HR seems to pick favorites alot
Simple and relaxed
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Butler, INJuly 8, 2018
Pretty slow most of the time here, my job at the time was to sand down doors and make sure they didn't have any scratches for when they painted them. Pretty bland.
Pros
Reliable
Cons
Really far from home.
It sucked
Press Operator (Current Employee) –  Butler, INJune 19, 2018
Therma tru is the worst place to work at they make up there rules as they go and they don’t have any respect for there workers... I love the ppl I work with but did not like the management it really sucked
Pros
No pros
Cons
It’s sucked
Standard work environment
Co-op Student (Former Employee) –  Butler, INJune 16, 2018
Therma Tru Doors is one of the best in the business in what they do. A big benefit of Therma Tru is their focus on safety. As soon as you walk in the door on the first day it is the biggest concern.
Good pay/No family time
Utility Operator (Line Lead) (Former Employee) –  Butler, IN 46721June 3, 2018
Company has a very god pay structure. The work is very fast paced. In some area s the company refuses to invest money to make production run better, causing excessive overtime that takes a lot away from your personal/family life. Especially during the Spring and summer months. Then due to all of the holidays in Nov Dec and Jan, even more overtime. So production can stay ahead of the orders, if not you will be mandated to work on the holidays. Of course that is double pay. But if you have a family, forget about making plans! You have to sacrifice March-December to overtime. Great for the person that has no family! Management does not listen to you. You are a body, that's all.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Short breaks
Smc operator
Smc Operator (Former Employee) –  Butler, INApril 20, 2018
Overall good company until you get feather in then you find out how corrupt it really gets I’ve gotten a few people to work there and still work there
Not micromanaged in most departments
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Butler, INApril 9, 2018
Overall the company is a great company to work for. Depending on what department you are in it is usually laid back and the manager does not micromanage you unless your numbers are poor. Overall it is a flexible place to work and a laid back environment for the most part. If you plan on advancing your career, there are always avenues to do so.
Pros
career advancement
Cons
in the middle of nowhere
Working at therma tru
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Howe, INApril 4, 2018
They are very good with teach first timers any thing new like driving a fork truck, but management needs to be worked on. Some of the people there are very rude and competitive.
Such a great place to work!
Order Picker (Current Employee) –  Howe, INMarch 24, 2018
I recently just landed myself a job here at therma tru in Howe Indiana. Such a great company to work for. So many friendly & smiling faces. Very big on safety (which is good) great pay & even better how much more money they give you the longer you stay there. I would highly recommend this job. I can honestly say I will be retiring here. Everybody who works here has been here for years already & it’s not really hard to see why. There is a lot of terrible jobs out there. I am so pleased to have a good company that genuinely cares about there employees. Also therma tru is Fortune 500 company & they definitely act like it. I cant speak high enough about this company!
Pros
Great pay, paid breaks, good work/life balance.
Cons
Random drug tests.
Management was good to work for.
Logistics Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Howe, INMarch 23, 2018
Atypical day would start with stretching exercises and a safety meeting. I knew my job well so I did not need instructions for the day. all of the employees worked as a team. That made the day aloy easier.
Pros
Bonuses, sometimes fre lunch
Cons
Did not know how many hour you would work that day
VERY HIGH Expectations
BPO/ Breeze (Former Employee) –  Butler, IN 46721March 14, 2018
My first job there was to repair doors that had scratches and dents in them after paint. It was a simple enough job, just sand and repaint. The difficult part was the amount of doors you had to do. I would say on average there was 10 doors that needed to be repaired at any given time, not a job suitable for only one person. Then 7 weeks into my employment they trained me on prepping doors for paint, which included sanding, checking for dents, and cleaning with acetone. Within two weeks I had become very good at finding door errors, and just short of average speed. The next week I hit had my 90 day review, they said the average was 5 doors prepped per hour, and my average was 4.5. They let me go because I was slightly below average speed, even though I only had 3 weeks experience, while others had several months.
Pros
Exellent Pay, Insurance Discounts
Cons
Dark enviroment, around fiberglass, High expectations.
Professional office environment
Confidential (Current Employee) –  Maumee, OHJanuary 20, 2018
This is a professional office environment that allows you to make suggestions for process improvements. Management oversight will vary by department.
Pros
Company activities, holiday time off
Cons
Stressful, demanding customers with unrealistic expectations
I love my job.
Repack and Fed Ex shipper (Current Employee) –  Howe, INJanuary 5, 2018
I love my job at Therma Tru in Howe, Indiana but I want to relocate to Greensboro Georgia so I am praying to find another fit for me. If I wasn't moving I would stay at Therma Tru forever. There is nothing bad I could say about them and I have been there for 7 years.
Pros
everything
Cons
nothing
Great place to work.
Concrete assembler (Current Employee) –  Butler, INJanuary 3, 2018
Good people relaxed paid well company cares about employees. Made concrete fire proof doors. Filled doors in presses set temperature on the presses after filling doors with concrete let sit for 7 hours in presses. Pull doors after the heating an cooling cycle is done. Got hollow doors prepared to put in presses. Ran mixer an fibers up to spect.
Productive and all around good place to work for
Grainer (Former Employee) –  Butler, INDecember 20, 2017
I enjoyed working at therma tru even with all the hours we worked at times. It was a easy and decent paying job, I was still a contract employee at the time. I highly recommend this job.
Pros
easy; good money; laid back for most part
Cons
point system
Confused Management
Office (Former Employee) –  IN / OHDecember 3, 2017
The position was not clearly defined before the job offer was made. Multiple supervisors at multiple locations that could not coordinate management styles or position direction made for an impossible learning curve.
Pros
Frequent employee luncheons, decent compensation
Cons
Mismatched management styles
Fun and dedicated people tp work with
Logistics Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Howe, INDecember 1, 2017
The company was well ran and management made it easy. Safety was a big concern there and always had safety meetings as well as problems and concerns. I would work for them again.
Assembler
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Butler, IN 46721November 15, 2017
Great company to work for but it could be even better if it took employee complaints serious. If you happen to run into any issues with a group leader or supervisor don't expect HR to do anything about it.They don't care about employees issues with supervisors they tend to overlook how poorly some supervisors treat the employees. Besides that its a great place just needs improvement in management and HR.
Pros
Easy Work, Great Pay, Direct Hire, Great Benefits
Cons
HR and Management
As an associate your treated well
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Butler, INNovember 6, 2017
Company provided many opportunities for the associates i.e. t-shirts, quarterly meals, C.I. pay for ideas, but depending on your department the upper management FFM's are more concerned about their bonus and highly micro managed. there's not much room for advancement either.
Pros
Treated associates very well
Cons
always on overtime
Friendly and Personal Atmosphere
Warehouse Associate/Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Howe, INOctober 24, 2017
Everyone is friendly, and personal. They seem to act like family. The work is easy enough, the regular operation seems consistent. They have a nice training/mentor program. New associates are welcome and treated well.
Pros
Good benefits. PPE paid for.
Cons
No accountability. Things get overlooked.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Therma-Tru Doors. Our community is ready to answer.