Thermo Fisher Scientific Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Found 1,498 reviews matching the search See all 1,849 reviews
Fast paced environment with friendly people
Senior Document Control Coordinator Administrator (Current Employee) –  Fremont, CAJuly 17, 2018
A very good foot in the door company. No promotions, you have to apply for positions and they are only available once someone leaves a position. Friendly coworkers.
It’s hot and no team work
Shipping Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Suwanee, GA 30024July 17, 2018
No team work. Every department is for them self. So being in shipping we see everything last so we get it late. That doesn’t help when we have launch times to get the trucks out. Plus a lot of things are being done wrong here in Sed, but because it’s been done wrong for the last 10 years. I guess it’s ok to keep doing it wrong. Witch is not right at all.
Pros
It’s a job I’ve been in for 7 years
Cons
No one cares really and no team work
Good work environment focused on improvements
CONSULTANT - Director of Finance (Former Employee) –  Florence, SCJuly 17, 2018
Much of the work is focused on driving sustainability in processes. The company performs well and people are dedicated to their jobs and interactions with others. Work is focused on meeting customer requirements and generating quality products and testing. There are lots of opportunities to self-direct to make improvements, but there is a lot of ongoing work with tight deadlines that have to be maintained. Processes and procedures are defined very broadly so specific workflow is sometimes unclear. The company is focused on improving in this area. Overall, a good place to work that has a strong position in the industry.
Pros
Focus on continuous improvement
Cons
Weak process definition
Packer/Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Pen y fan.July 17, 2018
Management here is awful. Worked here for 5 weeks and I got sacked for asking my production manager if I could have a little more training. Unfortunately they didn't like that. Managers go on about 'Helping others' and 'making sure everyone is fine'. It's all a lie, they never recognise your work effort. All work areas should have at least 2 weeks training. Because paperwork is involved, but they only give you 2/3 days to know everything about the job. If you end up struggling, they probably won't notice that either because they never take in any problems that you have. Overall, the best part about this job is the people, amazing to work with and they will help you if you are struggling. Unfortunately, management here does not care.
Pros
Peers.
Cons
Management.
Large corporate company
Engineering Technician (Former Employee) –  East Greenbush, NYJuly 16, 2018
While working for Thermofisher for only 6 months I learned that the plant location I was working at was going to be closed. I had left another job to work for Thermo so I was not happy that I might have to move to stay employed. Besides this the company was good to with.
Restructuring terminated revenue generating employees
Associate Director - Corporate Development (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORJuly 14, 2018
Life Technologies was a great place to work until Thermo Fisher acquired it. Life Technologies supported my career path and I was highly successful and was able to contribute greatly to the revenue growth of the organization. Then Thermo bought Life and suddenly was no longer supportive of the group I worked, despite the high profitability of my results and successes.
Awesome place to work
Manufacturing Technician II (Current Employee) –  Grand Island, NYJuly 13, 2018
Nothing much to ask for if you just want a steady job. Poor management is what holding me back as I want to progress into high level role. Limited amount of advancement are seen through my year in here.
Productive place
Site Specialist, Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 12, 2018
Really was a learning experience working in the cooperate world, because I was sited at Halliburton main campus. Loved my management. Would recommend working there to anyone.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Excellent at their core business
MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILJuly 10, 2018
Core business is very scientific based. Everything must follow process and procedure even outside of the lab. If you did not fit in to the culture you did not feel very welcome.

Benefits were very good. Compensation was about average if not a little below for my function (which was not in their core business function).
Productive and Fun
Site Specialist (Former Employee) –  Marion County, INJuly 10, 2018
Great company to work for.
Great team members.
Learning how to manage chemicals.
Learning how to communicate with customers.
Opportunity to grow.
Low Pay.
Lower management is great to work with, as well as the people
Production Technician III (Current Employee) –  Logan, UTJuly 10, 2018
Overall, company is fine to work for. Long hour on your feet all day long, plus lots of maticulas handwork. Overtime is required, working Saturday. Not fun, especially if you have family responsibility or simply if you want to spend time with your children. Middle management is great to work with and understand the challenges with the work hours. Upper management seems to not care.
Pros
Good benefit and PTO
Cons
Long hours, weekends
Productive and Positive place to work.
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Sugar Land, TX 77478July 9, 2018
Great experience working for the company because I was able to learn new and improve products and the functionality. Very flexible work schedule and also enjoyed working with every employee from many backgrounds and cultures.
Thermo Fisher Scientific
Channel Marketing Team (Former Employee) –  Penfield, NYJuly 9, 2018
Overall was a good experience and it was my first job out of college so overall i was very happy with the experience and it taught me a lot about the working world.
High energy environment with high stress
Area Manager, Thermo Fisher Laboratory Chemicals (Current Employee) –  Fair Lawn, NJJuly 8, 2018
Thermo Fisher is the largest life science service provider in the world with over 65,000 employees and counting. They have a mission to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer with their products and services. Thermo generally hires very good sales people and I am proud to have collaborated with them to land new business. Thermo can be a good company to work for if you select the right division. Their higher technology instruments divisions are the best places to start.
Pros
good salary and benefits
Cons
high pressure sales, stressful work life
Review Summary
Clinical Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Portage, MIJuly 7, 2018
Great job interacting with doctors on a daily basis. Not much to say about management. Started back when the company was Phadia, a privately held company. Things changed dramatically when Thermo bought them. Did not see a successful future in their culture.
Working experience
Marketing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 7, 2018
It is a nice place to work at. People are very friendly and helpful. you can learn as much as you can. But sometimes it is hard to balance your life and work. Also, it depends on your group and your manager.
Great opportunity for growth
Sr. Formulations Technician (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAJuly 5, 2018
Working at Thermo Fisher Scientific, allowed me to grow in a short period of time. Cross training is encouraged, which enabled me to learn different processes and gain as much knowledge as possible.
Pros
great management and colleauges
Cons
Sick days removed, had to use PTO
TF in Manati has nothing to be proud for...and management is poor
Quality (Current Employee) –  Manatí, PRJuly 3, 2018
The work - life balance is very poor. The compensation is also very poor compare with all the work and effort you put on. Management environment is buddy type. Actually some of recent supervisors were named because of buddy type relations. Almost forgot… if you are a student looking for a practice in TF Manati don't waste your time. They will put you to do secretary work and no real learning experience will be provided. It is definitely a shame that a prestigious company get its image tinted by unworthy management that really doesn't care of its employees….the only important thing is to produce and ship the lots.
Pros
Cons
Work-life balance, under payment, under qualified management, no training at all
A fast paced scheduled work day
Production Support, Swing Lead (Former Employee) –  Logan, Utah 84321July 3, 2018
Management is poor and advancement opportunities were rough.
The benefits were nice and the people I worked with were redeeming factors.
busy
Senior Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAJuly 2, 2018
Always short on headcount makes everyone's job more difficult. you cant live off the pay here. I have learned less than expected from a big name company like this in the 7 years I have been here.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Thermo Fisher Scientific. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

3.0Fairygodboss Score

50%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

40%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss