Thermo Fisher Scientific Employee Reviews

Found 1,494 reviews matching the search See all 1,845 reviews
Large corporate company
Engineering Technician (Former Employee) –  East Greenbush, NYJuly 16, 2018
While working for Thermofisher for only 6 months I learned that the plant location I was working at was going to be closed. I had left another job to work for Thermo so I was not happy that I might have to move to stay employed. Besides this the company was good to with.
Restructuring terminated revenue generating employees
Associate Director - Corporate Development (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORJuly 14, 2018
Life Technologies was a great place to work until Thermo Fisher acquired it. Life Technologies supported my career path and I was highly successful and was able to contribute greatly to the revenue growth of the organization. Then Thermo bought Life and suddenly was no longer supportive of the group I worked, despite the high profitability of my results and successes.
Awesome place to work
Manufacturing Technician II (Current Employee) –  Grand Island, NYJuly 13, 2018
Nothing much to ask for if you just want a steady job. Poor management is what holding me back as I want to progress into high level role. Limited amount of advancement are seen through my year in here.
Productive place
Site Specialist, Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 12, 2018
Really was a learning experience working in the cooperate world, because I was sited at Halliburton main campus. Loved my management. Would recommend working there to anyone.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Excellent at their core business
MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILJuly 10, 2018
Core business is very scientific based. Everything must follow process and procedure even outside of the lab. If you did not fit in to the culture you did not feel very welcome.

Benefits were very good. Compensation was about average if not a little below for my function (which was not in their core business function).
Productive and Fun
Site Specialist (Former Employee) –  Marion County, INJuly 10, 2018
Great company to work for.
Great team members.
Learning how to manage chemicals.
Learning how to communicate with customers.
Opportunity to grow.
Low Pay.
Lower management is great to work with, as well as the people
Production Technician III (Current Employee) –  Logan, UTJuly 10, 2018
Overall, company is fine to work for. Long hour on your feet all day long, plus lots of maticulas handwork. Overtime is required, working Saturday. Not fun, especially if you have family responsibility or simply if you want to spend time with your children. Middle management is great to work with and understand the challenges with the work hours. Upper management seems to not care.
Pros
Good benefit and PTO
Cons
Long hours, weekends
Productive and Positive place to work.
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Sugar Land, TX 77478July 9, 2018
Great experience working for the company because I was able to learn new and improve products and the functionality. Very flexible work schedule and also enjoyed working with every employee from many backgrounds and cultures.
Thermo Fisher Scientific
Channel Marketing Team (Former Employee) –  Penfield, NYJuly 9, 2018
Overall was a good experience and it was my first job out of college so overall i was very happy with the experience and it taught me a lot about the working world.
High energy environment with high stress
Area Manager, Thermo Fisher Laboratory Chemicals (Current Employee) –  Fair Lawn, NJJuly 8, 2018
Thermo Fisher is the largest life science service provider in the world with over 65,000 employees and counting. They have a mission to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer with their products and services. Thermo generally hires very good sales people and I am proud to have collaborated with them to land new business. Thermo can be a good company to work for if you select the right division. Their higher technology instruments divisions are the best places to start.
Pros
good salary and benefits
Cons
high pressure sales, stressful work life
Review Summary
Clinical Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Portage, MIJuly 7, 2018
Great job interacting with doctors on a daily basis. Not much to say about management. Started back when the company was Phadia, a privately held company. Things changed dramatically when Thermo bought them. Did not see a successful future in their culture.
Working experience
Marketing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 7, 2018
It is a nice place to work at. People are very friendly and helpful. you can learn as much as you can. But sometimes it is hard to balance your life and work. Also, it depends on your group and your manager.
Great opportunity for growth
Sr. Formulations Technician (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAJuly 5, 2018
Working at Thermo Fisher Scientific, allowed me to grow in a short period of time. Cross training is encouraged, which enabled me to learn different processes and gain as much knowledge as possible.
Pros
great management and colleauges
Cons
Sick days removed, had to use PTO
TF in Manati has nothing to be proud for...and management is poor
Quality (Current Employee) –  Manatí, PRJuly 3, 2018
The work - life balance is very poor. The compensation is also very poor compare with all the work and effort you put on. Management environment is buddy type. Actually some of recent supervisors were named because of buddy type relations. Almost forgot… if you are a student looking for a practice in TF Manati don't waste your time. They will put you to do secretary work and no real learning experience will be provided. It is definitely a shame that a prestigious company get its image tinted by unworthy management that really doesn't care of its employees….the only important thing is to produce and ship the lots.
Pros
Cons
Work-life balance, under payment, under qualified management, no training at all
A fast paced scheduled work day
Production Support, Swing Lead (Former Employee) –  Logan, Utah 84321July 3, 2018
Management is poor and advancement opportunities were rough.
The benefits were nice and the people I worked with were redeeming factors.
busy
Senior Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAJuly 2, 2018
Always short on headcount makes everyone's job more difficult. you cant live off the pay here. I have learned less than expected from a big name company like this in the 7 years I have been here.
Good place to work if you can make it
Management/Legal (Current Employee) –  Waltham, MAJuly 2, 2018
Thermo has one of the better corporate cultures but the Company is very big and still trying to balance between centralized management and area specific management which causes some level of confusion on functional aspects.
Rigid environment with bad management
Worker (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CAJuly 2, 2018
The sense of overwhelming and soulless bureacracy at this company can make you feel sick to your stomach. Unless you love being a brown nosing yes-man, you would hate working for this group of people.
Pros
Carlsbad, CA location
Cons
Bad management
Experience
Sr. Full Stack Java Developer (Current Employee) –  Carlsbad, CAJuly 1, 2018
It was very nice client. I was really passionate to work in Thermofisher Scientific. I was worked on shopping cart application, they are using the new world technologies like microservices,Angular 6, Kubernetes, AWS.It will for any developer to develop the carrier.
Beware of the manager you work for.
Application Developer / Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 30, 2018
The manager that hired me was great, but half way through the contract there was a major reorg. I ended up under another manager that didn't take the time to understand who I was or what skills I had.
I ended up placed on a project that wasn't in my skill set. At that point, I saw the writing on the wall and knew my contract would not be renewed. Some managers have no people skills...

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Thermo Fisher Scientific. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

2.9Personal Development

2.7Career Opportunities

3.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight