Thermo Fisher Scientific Employee Reviews

Found 1,697 reviews matching the search See all 2,094 reviews
DOCUMENTATION SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MONovember 19, 2018
Loved it but time was up as a contractor. Supervisor was really knowledgeable and helpful. Allowed flex working hours if had an appointments. Tried to help find full time permanent hours within the company.
Pros
Laid back
Global Exports
Global Export Specialist (Former Employee) –  Suwanee, GANovember 19, 2018
Work like the world is ending the next day with no reward. Micro managed and favoritism is what this company is about. I loved the people but hated that the higher ups only cared about the numbers, not about its employees.
Pros
Free luncheons
Cons
compliance issues
Great Company, bad management
Payroll Analyst (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CANovember 15, 2018
Good balance of work and personal life. The hardest part is that the work load isn’t compensated fairly. They provide yearly bonuses and yearly raise, but I don’t think there are fair on work load by team members
Pros
Nice campus
Cons
Compensation isn’t fair!
I did not work for Thermo Fisher (I worked for Life Technologies before it was bought out)
AMR Marketing Specialist at Life Technologies (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CANovember 13, 2018

Unable to rate TF due to the above so I will use rating for Life Technologies instead.
Pros
Work environment, salary, great team members
Cons
unable to secure a perm job due to job freeze at that time
Interesting work
Sr. Business Excellence Specialist (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MD 21704November 13, 2018
I moved from working in the lab to management, then on to leading projects. I enjoyed my work at Thermo Fisher (at the time it was Life Technologies).
Pros
Job advancement opportunities
Cons
I had a long drive to work.
newly acquried
Administrator (Current Employee) –  New JerseyNovember 12, 2018
my company was recently acquired by Thermo. This move was originally viewed as a positive but the 1+ year tradition plan has been a disaster. Thermo HR is not equipped to be proactive, constant knowledge overload with no time to understand what is expected of you. Work life balance is not sustainable, resources are scarce and the expectation is that you work longer to accomplish tasks that normally take multiple people to do. HR management is out of touch on what is really needed or done on a day to day basis to keep the business running.
Pros
lots of good systems and processes available
Cons
overload of information, lack of resources, poor work life balance, out of touch managment
Working at Thermo Fisher as a Temp with Adecco
Credit Analyst (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NCNovember 12, 2018
It was a wonderful experience. The environment was great and managers were hands on. The employees were happy because the management treated you so well. They were always doing something for us. I really enjoyed my experience there.
Pros
The managements positive outlook and solid work ethic and atmosphere was wonderful.
Cons
I just wished they had hired me permanently
Massive network; little advancement
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 12, 2018
Thermo Fisher's network is massive - nationally and globally. There are so many divisions and areas to work with, which makes the options for applying for a job quite daunting - a good thing, though. It seems like management can play favorites, but I guess that's everywhere. It's important to play your cards right in order to advance further.

The biggest con was compensation - it's quite low compared to the majority of the industry/market in general. Most people are lucky to receive a 1% merit raise each year... It's a bit discouraging considering the many extra hours of work that people put into ensuring their success.
Pros
Network of professionals, opportunities to relocate, benefits, vacation time.
Cons
Compensation, culture can be a bit bureaucratic, too many moving parts involved in the daily job
great company to work for, but had a bad manager who was later laid off by the company
Sr. Cost Accountant (Stephen James) (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CANovember 11, 2018
Love the Finance team that I worked with. Great company to work for. I had a bad manager but later he was forced to resign by the company. Highly recommended.
Mission critical; financially driven
SENIOR DIRECTOR, PUBLIC RELATIONS (Current Employee) –  Waltham, MANovember 11, 2018
A lack of a strong central culture contributes to a litany of complaints ranging from a disparity of resources to a lack of focus. Attrition increasing as a result.
Microscopic expert
Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Indiana, Kentucky, West VirginiaNovember 8, 2018
Expand a great time with the Sales representative of Fisher scientific to support customer service. Enjoy traveling to meet the business goal and learned lots of management and culture
depends what division you land in
Director (Current Employee) –  Waltham, MANovember 8, 2018
used to be good company but since Life acquisition has turned into a dog and pony show. Not great place for women to work. Complete all boys club, no idea how to handle smart women.
Pros
strong markets
Cons
management, salary, culture
Great organization!
Senior Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Waltham, MANovember 8, 2018
Great organization with supportive people.
Outstanding inner work culture. The company is on a growth path and provides plenty of opportunity. People are honest and straight forward with expectations.
Review of Thermo Fisher Scientific Pleasanton Site
Product Release Group- Senior QC/QA Technician (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, CANovember 7, 2018
In terms of culture and career advancement, this is not a good place to work. Very dominant style leadership style with the leadership team. Not a very collaborative work environment. Technicians were inspired by fear.
Sr Service Contracts Representative
Sr Service Contracts Representative (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, CANovember 6, 2018
A typical day would be quoting service for sales reps, processing purchase orders received from customers, research and trouble-shooting for customers.

I learned SAP, Excel and Word,

My manager was involved in the day to day business.

Everyone in my department was friendly and helpful to co-workers.

The hardest part of the job was dealing with the legal aspects of the job.

Reaching my goals.
Great opportunity to learn the global work
DIRECTOR, GLOBAL DIVERSITY & INCLUSION (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PANovember 6, 2018
Busy, high energy, fast paced, good work teams
. Opportunity to work across the globe
Employee Resource Groups
No day the same
community involvement
Great cafes in larger offices
Pros
Global Opportunities
Cons
Global Opportunities
Experience
Glass Inspector and Hand Grinder (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYNovember 5, 2018
Didn't have anything to protect the elbows. Management makes people sit in a conference room with nothing to do. Not helpful . No enjoyment working here
Cons
Hostile and never pleased managers
Manufacturing Technician (Former Employee) –  Millersburg, PANovember 3, 2018
ThermoFisher sucked out my soul and made me cry everynight. Nothing was ever good enough no matter how hard we pushed or how much overtime we worked, yet the top dogs would always preach work life balance thought there was none
Pros
The other employees are great local people
Cons
The management and higg demands that never cease
Overall good place to work
QC Laboratory Analyst Slides and Specialty Glass (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, NHNovember 2, 2018
It is a large corporate company, frustrated at times since they were all about cost reductions but that was mainly to send the money to other Thermo sites that were not as profitable. Good bonus plan, work was meaningful.
Very business like atmosphere
Senior mail clerk (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLNovember 1, 2018
Constantly changing work requirements. Learned how to use mail room equipment and how to process electronic contracts for customers.Worked with accounting employees on a daily basis.
Pros
Good equipment
Cons
poor pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Thermo Fisher Scientific. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

3.0Fairygodboss Score

50%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

56%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss