Thermo Fisher Scientific

Found 2,768 reviews matching the searchSee all 3,546 reviews

Thermo Fisher Scientific insights

Based on 1,039 survey responses
What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager
  • Trust in colleagues

A very decent workplace

Nice place to work. A bit of a distance from DC. Relaxed workplace. Everyone knew their role. Management was not overbearing. Coworkers in other departments cold be cold. Two head scratchers--nonworking soda machine never removed and two refrigerators always full.

Do not work here is you can help it

Worked in the clean room and with hazardous materials for $13.50 a hour. The tasks that needed to be done were not hard but the co-workers/management always made it so stressful. They watch you like a hawk and look for any reason to write you up. The write ups never leave your record either, so you get 3 write ups you are gone. Never mind it was 15 years ago. Also if you get a "talking to" or something of that nature you lose your bonus and any raise. I worked at Wal-Mart for 7 years and was never that stressed.

Pros

Experience of who not to work for and very little pay.

Great Place to Work

Overall, Thermo Fisher Scientific is a great place to work with clearly defined goals and expectations, great opportunity for growth and advancement and supportive management.

Okay place to work

Okay place to work; hard to move up and a lot of people at the company micromanage. Do not keep track of projects well. Overall, good stepping stone but bad company to move up.

Lots of hours

Nice place to get a start but little room for advancement. They will keep you as a contractor for a long time if they can. Turnover for contractors is high

Leave a review. Help people like you.

Thermo fisher manati descriminan contra las personas con condiciones medicas

En thermo fisher de manatí te hacen un examen físico pero no lo habitual en fabricas como pruebas de visión y/o audición, sino de condiciones medicas que puedas tener que en su mayoría no impiden ni afectan la labor que se pueda realizar en el área de producción. Algo tan sencillo como estacionarte cerca de la caseta del guardia bajo un aguacero torrencial no es permitido, tienes que dejar el vehículo en un área de casi 100 metros de distancia, mojarte bajo la lluvia para mostrar tu identificación para luego ir bajo la lluvia al auto para que te permitan estacionar en el parking, para luego otra vez bajo la lluvia ir a la caseta del guardia ( ni creas que le importa si te enfermas de bronquitis o si eres asmático)....En el examen físico el medico que tiene se enfoca en condiciones previas los medicamentos que tomas y en resultados de laboratorios (como si de entrada fueran a dar el beneficio de plan medico de entrada a los empleados por agencia temporera), como mencione no realizan examen visual y de audición como en la mayoría de las fabricas para asi tener una base con próximas evaluaciones. Si tienes una condición como diabetes y no tienes plan medico y tienes los niveles de glucosa en sangre olvídate de que te den el trabajo, porque al preguntar si el empleo estaba acondicionado a una certificación que te piden de un medico externo, ya estas cuestionado los procesos de thermo fisher y te van a discriminar y te van a cancelar el puesto. Ni siquiera tienes la oportunidad de demostrar el excelente empleado que puedes ser y cumplir con las expectativa que se busca en un -

Pros

NINGUNA

Cons

TODOS

not been here long but okay so far

will updateHavent really been working here long enough to know just yet. interview was great, but long. had an interview 3 times. Everything sounds great, with bonus pays and room for growth.

Productive and a great learning experience

I was able to gain lots of hands-on data analysis experience and was trusted by mentors as a full-time employee would be. The project I worked on had a direct impact on the company which was fascinating.

Probably better when actually an employee

As a contracted out manual operator you don't really feel like you're part of the company. Interviews are done through hiring agencies and then you're told how to get to work. The rest I've learned, like calling out or requesting time off, through conversations with coworkers. It's top down, reactionary management so decisions are made quickly on the fly, sent down to us along with more changes based on that first decision. The pay is nice but there's not a lot of hope to become an actual employee of Thermo Fisher. 12 hour shifts go by faster when you have the opportunity to work on different parts of the line, and the leads are getting better about moving people around to train on different stations

Pros

Pay, ease of calling out

Cons

Not a permanent position, long shifts w/o much variety

Horrible company

I would never recommend anyone working for ThermoFisher . They are the worst company I have ever been too. The company has more turnovers then new hires coming in.

Pros

Daily lunches at cafeteria

Fun place to work

Great staff employees an management all around great place to work they have great benefits an medical insurance on day one plus holiday an personal days right off the bat

Good company

I have enjoyed working here the past 4 years. I am only looking to leave Bc I have moved and just can’t make the commute. Right now I am remote it just looks like the company is going to bring the employees back into the office

Do not

Do not work here. Possibly the most unorganized company I have ever worked with. Management is non existent unless you make an error. Then it is a very hostile work environment. They will not help you with anything else. Mandatory overtime is a joke. Awful raises for such a big company. They make a big deal about being a leader in technology and stuff but they make you work with outdated equipment and if you ask for newer equipment you're just brushed off. They literally try to make the job harder on you on purpose from what I've seen working there over the years. "Rules" are by made per manager. One manager will require you to sit there even if your work is done, another may let their employees go after they are done. i.e. 9hr work day vs other employees 5hr work day. Yes everyone gets paid for 8hrs of work.

Pros

Sometimes you get lunch free.

Cons

Forced to take lunch, hostile work environment, harassment, etc.

the updated and advanced technology but mostly the people

the workers and supervisors at grand island sites are all amazing they are so nice and friendly and from day one i felt included and a part of the whole team

Don't do it

Do not work here. I repeat, DO NOT WORK HERE. Possibly the most unorganized company I have ever worked with. Management is non existent unless you make an error. They will not help you with anything else. Mandatory overtime is a joke. Awful raises for such a big company. They make a big deal about being a leader in technology and stuff but they make you work with outdated equipment and if you ask for newer equipment you're just brushed off. They literally try to make the job harder on you on purpose from what I've seen working there for 2 years.

Pros

Benefits were nice but not worth the stress

Cons

Literally everything. I'm not exaggerating. Even the food they bought for us was trash

Lacks upper management skills

ThermoFisher has an excellent pay rateI don’t think anybody could argue with however upper management in the Somerville office was subpar at best, There mission is clear And I enjoyed my time there

Pros

Pay peopleAnd I enjoyed my time there

Cons

Short breaks

Not great

Getting in touch with management is pretty hard and even when you do they don't listen or do anything to help with whatever issue you might be having. The work culture is toxic. Co workers don't respect each other and there is a lot of uncalled for drama. Not a professional setting what so ever if you are working on the production floor. I would avoid

Not to be trusted

Upper management kept leading me on saying i would become permanent but outsourced entire department to Costa Rica. Explains why I could never get a geniuin straight answer.

Work till your done which could be all day

OT is mandatory start early and end late every day working 10-12 hours. Work life balance is terrible. Management let’s certain people get away with everything while coming down on others.

Appreciation and Compensation

I feel both appreciated for my work and well compensated. Plenty of opportunity for bonuses if you hit the very aggressive goals. The bad is the post pandemic world where management still thinks being in the office is a must after proving for a year that working from home is not a problem.

Pros

Benefits, Bonuses

Lot of Workload but very familiar

Some positions have a high workload. The possibilities of learn from other departments is low, due to the short time free. But, the familiar culture helps a lot to handle it.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Thermo Fisher Scientific. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

1.1K

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
3.1Personal Development
3.3Career Opportunities
3.3Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight