Thiel's Home Solutions Employee Reviews

Terrible management, high pressure sales
SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Ashland, OHNovember 12, 2018
First the good, great commision to sale. the bad, terrible management along with high pressure sales tactics. Owner does not care about the employees. They only care about there bottom line. Zero job security.
I love working here!
Marketing (Current Employee) –  Ashland, OHOctober 31, 2018
Thiels is such a great place to work! They are like one big family and i love it. They understand if you have a family emergency and how important family is. Really enjoy working here and the people i work with. I have a great manager who is always there when you need to talk but also is here to get work done which is what i love about this company everyone here is all about the job and to get the work done! Also helping customers.
Pros
great benefits
November 5, 2018

Thank you for the feedback, we always appreciate hearing from our employees!

would be a good place to work if it wasn't for the ceo and management
Shipper/Receiver (Current Employee) –  Ashland, OHOctober 22, 2018
when you start your day with no headache you will have one by 9 in the morning. the boss is down on you because his boss is on him because they dont know how to keep work away from home life. you only get 1 break a day thats lunch which is unpaid. if you made it to lunch without a headache our sure to have one at two because thats when the owner comes to tell you that your not doing your job right this coming from someone that has never worked a day in his life. its all around a bad place to work when it come to unhappy people that dont have a good thing to say.
Pros
worked with some good people
Cons
needs better management
October 30, 2018

We would like to meet with you to discuss your concerns. Please reach out to your supervisor or the human resources director so we can work to create a more enjoyable work environment for you.

Amazing
Confirming (Current Employee) –  Ashland, OHOctober 15, 2018
Best place I have ever worked absolutely love the company and everyone who works here. Great family owned company which makes everyone feel like family.
October 29, 2018

Thank you for your feedback! We are glad to hear you enjoy working with us, we certainly do our best to create a family atmosphere.

Terrible management and unreasonable expectations
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Ashland OhioOctober 9, 2018
This place is a terrible work environment. Whether you work in the call center or in the sales department. The goals set by management is unattainable and even if you were to hit one of the goals it is never good enough. You could have a great month and you still are treated like the dirt underneath the managers shoes. You can be written up for taking too long between calls, taking an emergency phone call or even using the bathroom. It’s more like a slave job than a customer service position.
Pros
Sitting all day
Cons
Managers, culture, pay, benefits, everything you can think of
October 17, 2018

We are sorry to hear you feel this way about your experience with us. Please give us a call so we can gain more insight as to why you felt this way as we are always trying to improve employee morale.

Unattainable sales quota, hostile work environment, poor management
Marketing (Former Employee) –  Ashland, OHSeptember 9, 2017
I worked in "marketing". For awhile, my schedule fluctuated each week. Thank goodness I didn't have small children because switching between 9 a.m.-1p.m. shifts and 4 p.m.-8p.m. wasn't easy.

If you're in school they will work with you on your class schedule but if you want a decent amount of hours, you will need to meet their goals if you work in marketing.

Sure, they advertise $11-$15 an hour but that's ONLY if you meet each specific quota tier: 1) How many appointments you set in your shift 2) how many of those appointments get confirmed for a salesperson to go to 3) how many of those confirmed appointments actually get sent to the salesmen and 4) how many of those confirmed appointments actually sell and get finalized.

Even if you set an appointment AND it confirms (meaning the appointment you set met all the right criteria), it may not get sent to the salesperson because 1)they don't have enough sales people 2) the appointment you set is not near another appointment location wise (i.e. all the appointments confirmed so far are around Cleveland but the one you set is in Sandusky, sorry but your Sandusky appointment gets cut and the people get told that their salesperson "is held up at another appointment") or 3) they have too many appointments scheduled for a specific day/time and now they are over booked.

Schedules were usually emailed out Thursdays for the following week. If you need to call off for any reason, I suggest you call in and speak directly with your supervisor, because texting is not appreciated.

Speaking of supervisors, don't get too attached
  more... to your marketing director. In the 18 months I was there, we went through 3 marketing directors (1 quit and 2 were let go because it "just wasn't a right fit"). And if you don't like being the center of attention, I suggest you not work in the call center. Every call made to and from the center is recorded. You have a script to follow and about once a week or once every other week, you and every person in your department will get together and review phone calls. If you stay there long enough, you'll eventually get good enough at the script and setting appts that they won't have anything negative to say about your phone calls and they will start nit-picking. But don't worry, a lot of people deal well with work-place humiliation!

The turnover rate for the call center alone was ridiculous. From the time I started to when I left, almost 9 people had started and then quit because it wasn't worth it.

If you've got any sort of body modifications, I suggest you keep it to yourself. Keep your personal matters strictly confidential. Keep your head down and do your work. It's all about politics in this place.

If you mix in with the right people (no one in management), you'll make some great friends. The lower people on the totem pole are amazing and they deserve so much better.

If you prefer a pressured, harsh, demanding, environment then sign on the dotted line.
Pros
Cons
Hostile work environment, poor management, unreliable schedule, clique-ish
September 18, 2017

Work schedules are always agreed upon before hiring an employee. Our marketing positions are not for everyone, but our middle to top performers do in fact earn $11-15 per hour.

In regard to texting, it is not appreciated in certain situations because a phone conversation with HR or a supervisor is more appropriate and professional.

We do record phone calls and video training sessions in order to help our employees learn and grow as a team and achieve their goals in order to make more money. Humiliation is not tolerated in our workplace.

Call center turnover is due in part to hiring college students who then graduate and move on to successful careers. Our turnover rate is far below the national average for a call center.

The marketing department and company as a whole benefit from our company comradery and enjoy group outings including trips to Cedar Point and company dinners.

Great place to grow personally and professionally
Marketing (Current Employee) –  Ashland, OHAugust 15, 2017
If you are looking for somewhere you will be challenged but also supported by those above and around you, Thiel's is a great place to work. Most places say that everyone is on the same team, but at Thiel's they actually mean it and put it into practice every day. Every day I go into work knowing I'm going to be pushed to grow as a person and as a professional. While you will you are expected to work hard, the office environment can also be very fun and I truly look forward to seeing and interacting with my co-workers. The company trip to Cedar Point is always one of the highlights of the year!
Pros
Great people, Supportive environment, Team oriented, Room for growth, Compensation is very fair with opportunities to be rewarded with bonuses
Family/Team Atmosphere
Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  Ashland, OHAugust 11, 2017
Management sets high expectations but gives you the support and training necessary to achieve them. Very goal-oriented team, above-average compensation, and great culture to work in.
Pros
Support and Encouragement; Team Atmosphere
Cons
Always Busy (not necessarily a bad thing)
Brutal expectations and Minimal Training
Sales (Former Employee) –  AshlandAugust 24, 2015
DO NOT WORK FOR THIS COMPANY! From sociopathic managers to 14 hour sales days the promise of big pay is not worth it! After very brief training and a couple ride along you are thrown to the wolves and expected to sell sell sell at all costs. Many of the sales are targeted towards older people. And customers are treated with no respect outside of the sale. They are only seen as a big target. Many of the HIGH pressure sales tactics you are told to use are borderline unethical and absolutely unacceptable. I was forced to quit just to maintain my conscience.

While the company puts on a masterful facade, and parades about as a wholesome part of the community. I would never ever give my business to them after experience the awful way that they operate their business.
Pros
You COULD make a lot of money
Cons
You have to sell your soul to work here
Great environment and great pay.
Marketing Department (Current Employee) –  Ashland, OHJune 23, 2015
Expectations are high but achievable. There is fantastic support from management to help reach your goals. Extremely well paying positions and you cannot beat the environment---you feel like you're part of a family.
Not a good place to work for poor management poor supervision
salesman (Former Employee) –  ashland ohioAugust 12, 2014
You are to be there at 7am for the daily sales meeting . The meeting usually consists of a chewing out session for not getting enough sales. Then you get a one on one meeting with the sales manager and get your own personal chewing out session for all the things you do wrong and need to improve on. The leads are very interesting, you get sent out to appointments anywhere from 5 miles to 60 miles from the office and set at 9 am to 8pm regardless of the distance from the office. Many of the leads are not worth anything and you get nothing if the lead doesn't sell. All your pay is based on straight commision no sales no pay. If you sell a customer and they cancel for any reason you get nothing. I would not recommend this job for anyone. The most enjoyable part of this job was the other salesmen because they had all the same problems you did. Also you have to use your own car with all of the expenses including gas.
Pros
Cons
uncertain pay amounts and long long long hours
October 2, 2014

We do have daily sales meetings, but they begin at 9am. We go over daily, weekly, and monthly goals. We also focus on constantly improving and perfecting our sales presentations--which includes practice, role-playing, and evaluations from our sales manager. There is no "chewing out," as we are focused on keeping a positive environment that is conducive to producing a top quality sales staff. Our current sales staff has been with us for an average of five years and continue to succeed because of this constant training and feedback.