Thillens Inc Employee Reviews

Not the place for me
Route Driver (Former Employee) –  Slinger, WIMarch 5, 2018
Wasn't a fan of working 70+ hours a week. They pay was less than the add said. Most of what they were talking about was a bonus most people.dont quality for due to strict demands. Over all the time away from my kids wasn't worth it. Is a fun job but the politics in management don't help you advance in the company. Very much a good old boys club.
Pros
Some kind of health insurance if you can call it that
Cons
Hours and pay do not add up.
Good experience. Wouldn't recommend
Route Driver (Former Employee) –  Slinger, WIMarch 4, 2018
Good experience getting into security field. Really long days and the pay is not consistent. Fun job when the day goes good. Lack of decent benefits Is the biggest turn off. The ones they offer are expensive. All in all good short term gig. Wouldn't stay there for a long term job.
Pros
Weekly pay
Cons
Hours, benefits, pay changed alot
Hudson branch is terrible
Armored Guard (Former Employee) –  Hudson, WIMarch 4, 2018
Firing people for 1 mistake and not properly training was an issue at the Wisconsin branches.. terrible leadership and when I started worked 22 hours in a day and was expected to be at work 3 hours later.
Pros
Pay was decent
Cons
Bad leadership and terrible ceos
Terrible.
ARMED GUARD & ROUTE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 28, 2018
It was okay when I started but quickly went downhill after they acquired new management, fired key players, and decided to make drastic changes to routes and crews. You're on these dusty, outdated, unreliable trucks all day, risking your life for, what is close to, minimum wage. Pay is based off commission (small percentage split between route personnel and route manager usually takes biggest chunk) so you only get paid once you make your first stop and once your last stop is made. Not for the long drives and time spent loading and unloading the trucks (which is a majority of your day). Seniority means nothing. The only way to get a raise is to become a route manager. You do learn how to service/troubleshoot ATMs and gaming terminals.
Pros
Discounts for being mistaken for CPD, Co-workers, Getting your foot in the door for gaming and ATM service.
Cons
Long days, Trucks, Pay, Management
Glad I left when I did used to be a good place
Route Manager (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIFebruary 27, 2018
Used to make great money back when I started, got cut a lot and the bonus is always taken away from us with no control over it like they say. Hours can be good at times but then something big happens (new customers, lots of people quit) and they days can be 15+ hours. They always pay on time but are not transparent with it. Every 5-6 months Chicago comes up to give a speech/ sales pitch on how we should stay with the company and what new things are coming, never once anything come true. The worst time was when we had people crashing there personal cars driving home from working a 24+ hour day.
Pros
Always paid on time, good team members to work with
Cons
Unstable company
Thillens in Chicago has gone downhill
Armed Guard (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 19, 2018
Well I worked at Thillens for over a year and the only good thing was the weekly pay , to be honest. Management at the Chicago location was changed and it went downhill from there, changes were made left and right. Lack of communication. No PTO time. Bonuses don’t happen. Everything just changed here and not for the good.
Pros
Weekly pay
Cons
Healthcare too expensive, no PTO
Work Hard and you will see the benifit
Choose not to say (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIFebruary 15, 2018
I have worked for Thillens for almost 2 years. I have seen many ups and downs just like any other company. Overall I feel like this is a great company to work for. Managment with in the Madison Branch is open and honest and communicate well with eachother and their employees. There can be long hours and rough days but that is any company. For only needing a high school diploma and clean background, you make good money if you work hard.
Promotions are given due to hard work not just because someone has seniority.

Bonuses have been lacking unfortunitly but they are just that, BONUSES. When bonuses are given, they are great. Wish upper managment was more consistant on these but that does not fall on the Branch managment.

The benefits package is very much lacking but this is a smaller company. In my opinion, that needs to be taken into account.

This is the most transparent company I have ever worked for. My overall opinion of Thillens Madison is that it is a great company to work for if you are hard working and willing to put in a true effort.
Pros
Bonuses when paid, weekly pay, decent pay
Cons
Some days are long and stressful
Very risky job
Route Driver (Current Employee) –  Slinger, WIFebruary 6, 2018
Recently there has been a lot of blaming us route crews on stuff. It's a great job of you wanna get a full body serch every day, or the cops called. The company is not very trusting of it's staff. Also have a camera ponited in your face every second of every day. Management will make fun of you for stuff you do can be a very hostile work environment.
Pros
Paychecks every week, out and about no desk job
Cons
Mostly everything
Best thing about Thillens was the route personnel I met while on the job
Route manager (Former Employee) –  ChicagoJanuary 13, 2018
Thillens is constantly going through transition phases, and not always for better. Pay rates have changed several times almost without warning. The days are long and management will say they will work to shorten them but it never happens. If the day does get shortened you will lose pay because it's commission based. Management seems lost and the experience that was there when I was is now gone, so correct knowledge of the job is not being passed down to trainees. Thillens really is a sink or swim type of job, and all you would get is a "good luck out there" from management.
Pros
Can't think of much other than weekly pay and meeting different people
Cons
Unfortunately there are many, lack of real training, management has no leaders and have been caught in lies, management will show favoritism and will threaten everyone else's job, long hours with no OT, trucks look good from the outside but the mechanics and maintenance program is a joke, constantly understaffed... The list could go on.
check out loomis or garda
Route Manager (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIDecember 31, 2017
pay has dropped over %50 in the last year. management will find any excuse to take away your bonus, i work anywhere from 12-18 hours a day, company does not pay overtime you are commission based with an hourly minimum. they are very clear that you do not get paid OT or holiday pay, this was made clear this before this holiday season with a memo. Stated that we are commission and should not expect to get paid holiday pay if we think we are entitled to holiday pay we can "submit our two weeks". staffing is kept so that if anyone is sick or actually can get off your days can go into the 15+ hour range.
Pros
fun work
Cons
bad management in chicago, unclear how we get paid or if we get all we should. NO over time ever.
Very fast pace , and good if your looking for a weekly check
Armored Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 14, 2017
Good if your looking to get paid every week . But you got work hard . It's very fast pace and heavy work . You got be very alert all times . Because your handling cash and services banks and atms , video gaming .
Pros
Good if you want a weekly pay check and work experience as a armor truck driver
Cons
Very heavy work and they work you like a Slave you will be putting in lot of hours
Fun place to work
10 - Key Operator (Current Employee) –  Madison, WISeptember 21, 2016
Daily work is pretty fast paced, I like getting started right away with work when come to work. I like the people there. Hardest part is when we are short staffed and we really have to go fast but try to be accurate, Casual dress is awesome!!
Great Stepping Stone
Armored Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 2, 2016
Thillens is a step up from other Armored Truck companies in regards to employee satisfaction and pay. After you've worked with the company for a while, you will gain more pay more responsibility and more training. You are supplied with the essentials for the job and even have options to make your own schedule respective to any personal life obstacles or goals.
Pros
Good Pay, Room to Grow
Cons
Sometimes longer hours than expected
Poor
ATM/Gaming Tech (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 5, 2015
This company offers no benefits. No advancements, and I have never felt so unappreciated in my life, I haven't missed a days work since working here because I like my job and my pay was cut anyway.
Pros
Like the work
Cons
No benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Thillens Inc. Our community is ready to answer.

1.9