Thillens
Happiness rating is 33 out of 100

Thillens Employee Reviews

United States76 reviews

branchroutetruckweeklybonusweeklonghour

Productive and fun... not really it is what it is.

Long hours, High stress if you dont have a strong mindset you will fail here.Pay is alright for the title you are working in.fire arm training is lacksing.poor equipment for job in hand

Pros

alright wage

Cons

work/home balance, equipment

It’s a job

You get paid a very little to move alot of money with long hours and high risk you start off at like 17 to basically put your life on the line for cash and a 12-14 hour day is normal and no set schedule only set start time no set end time ever

Pros

Family like atmosphere, good box truck experience

Cons

Work/life balance, pay, risk

Thillens insights

Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Trust in colleagues

Stinky body odor

People were rude, stinky, and not helpful. They don't help you if you are struggling with something and they don't give you more than a couple of weeks to learn. They let you go before the 90 days are up.

Pros

Lol

Cons

Stinky coworkers, long drives

I do not recommend

At first look it was a great opportunity, however, after starting you come to realize it is unfair, unsafe, and you are treated as a number and not a human. The pay is unfair, the bonuses that are “promised” to compensate for the no overtime pay is nonexistent. You could work upwards of 17+ hours with no extra benefit. The trucks are unsafe, the protective gear is almost nonexistent and you are ill equipped. The proper training that is needed isn’t given either.

Pros

Weekly pay

Cons

Everything else

P o s

Will not pay you all your money. Does not care about employees. Will not look into anything when it comes to missing pay. Work you all day and night and does not care about you

Good initiative, Bad judgment.

The company as a whole has good intentions. But everywhere along the way you get bent over and nothing works how it’s supposed to. This job isn’t for the faint of heart. You need to have thick skin and pretty much have to be a yes man, if you want to move up. If you questions things you’re labelled as a bad employee or a problem. There is definitely favourites being played at some branches. They say you’re a big family/team but, If you’re not in the office management, you get looked down upon.

Run away don't walk away

They are the worst company to work for, they don't care about your safety or the safety of others. They tell and scream at you for things not in your control. They give unsafe work vehicles to ride in. They treat you like garbage and will do whatever they can to take your bonus away from you. They make you run all day without breaks and if you take one you better be working at the same time

Overall great work environment. Work as a team and if you do good work there is very little micromanagement.

I have worked here for 2 years and things are finally making a change for the better. Management cares and takes the time to fix most issues in a timely manner. Work days can be long but fellow employees make the day go by fast. You don't get micromanaged and you spend your day out in the field managing your own route.

Not bad if you are a hard worker

Long hours occasionally but it depends on how quickly you can get the job done. Bonuses are nice. I like being out on the road without a manager watching over me all the time.

Pros

Bonuses

Cons

Benefits are terrible

I Love You, Thillens

In the 3 short years I have worked with Thillens, I have grown not only professionally but also personally. I was hired as an administrative assistant and now currently hold the position of Slinger ABM. As middle management, I am supported and given the tools I need to make my branch successful. Yes, there can be long days. But that is the nature of a LOGISTICS company. The comission pay is well over the maybe $13/hr you would make at Brinks/Loomis/Garda. It's a great work environment and we work hard but also have lots of fun! My coworkers at Slinger have become a family to me. Cheers to many more years with Thillens!

Pros

Good pay, good work environment, management that cares

Cons

Potentally long days

Very longs days without overtime.

You can expect to work 8 to 16 hour days Monday through Friday with some optional and mandatory weekends. Despite working well over 40 hours a week you will not receive overtime. You will also not be allowed lunches however, you will loose 30 min a shift for "lunch". Most of the the equipment is faulty including nesesery job equipment and safety equipment in the work vehicles.

Cons

No overtime, very long days, very poor benefits.

Suck you dry

This job/ company will do all it can to make the most off you and give you little in return. They operate on a really questionable commission based pay that allows them to work you 60 hrs a week and not pay you any different as if you worked 40 hrs. The people are good, but no one sticks around. As I have seen from the Madison branch, that the management will send people with know exposure to covid back to work without proper quarantine.

Pros

OK pay

Cons

Almost non-existent benefits, days unpredictable (8-16 hour days), no bathroom breaks, poor leadership

Don't waste your time

I worked with this company for several years and I can say that now that the new CEO took over this company has gone into the dumpster. The upper management will cut your pay at a moments notice, which might not be legal, based on your performance. The local management is okay but they usually spend more time watching movies than doing actual work. Nobody knows what is going on with this company because everyone is afraid to speak for themselves. Unfortunately this company used to be halfway decent before it was sold but as I mentioned, it is a dumpster fire now. The upper management preaches professionalism while allowing company vehicles to be literal trash cans with wheels. All of the truck are falling apart and one even caught on fire in the shop. This company is a big yikes so I would just avoid overall.

Pros

Some employees are decent people

Cons

Everything else

Dont waste your time

Wasted 4 years with this company. Started from the bottom and managed to work my way up to branch manager and then everything went sideways. They use middle management as a whipping post when things went wrong, and provided next tono support when asked for.

Paid by commission, 10+ hrs work days

You get paid by commission. So you can expect to work 60-70 hours weekly for 300-500 weekly. You either have to buy your own gun or if you don’t have one they give you a voucher and they subtract it from your check weekly until it’s paid off. Also uniforms are cleaned weekly but it’s automatically charged from your check, even if you don’t use their service. Routes tend to have 20-30+ stops daily once you are done for the day missed stops will be added to your route for the following day. Not to mention the bonus is a joke, no mistakes can be made or those mistakes will cost you your bonus.

Pros

Sometimes the pay.

Cons

Long hours, commission paid, unorganized, terrible management

great company, growing fast

Dispatch taught me a ton, gave me great experience to grow from. Everyday is different and brings new challenges to be conquered as well as new learning opportunities. Things are constantly changing so you need to be comfortable adapting and learning new things all the time.

Good Pay

Working on the trucks can be long days but the pay is good. Free Gun training is nice and they help finance a weapon if you need one. Benefits could use some work.

New Management is making changes for the better

Thillens has changed so many things in the last year. I am happy to be part of this team as we work together to solve problems. The new management has made notable differences to make our jobs easier. We need more great people to join this team!

Working at Thillens

Team members of Thillens are continuously suggesting new ideas and applying creative thinking to implement a vision for the company. Excited to be part of a growing company!

Great Work Enviroment.

Thillens is a great place to work. The Company cares about their employees! There are positive changes being made daily.Every day is a new and exciting adventure.

If you're not here, you're missing out on an oportunity.

At Thillens, you know what you are expected to do. There are specific perimeters to your job, but a lot of flexibility as to how you get it done. You work with a small team every day, so you are never alone and expected to just figure something out. At any time you can just call the office to get additional help. We mostly only work the days the banks are open; if it is a holiday for them, it is a short day or day off for us. If there are reasons you can not work with a particular person, you can be moved to a different team (route). If you are wanting a self motivated, self rewarding, goal oriented position, without micromanagers.... this is the place for you. If you want to work somewhere you can move up based on your own merit; look no further. GREAT pay compared to similar jobs, especially for this area; this is where you want to be.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Thillens. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

1.7 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits
  • Thillens
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?